• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 4: Stage Conception

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I'd be interested to hear from others what idea they liked best.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All of this Namco talk has inspired me to work on a new project. It came out better than I thought it would, surprisingly. Of course, you can all probably guess what it is.

Everyone knows the picture, what more is there to say? The self titled stage, Pacman, plays upon a familiar sight to many gamers of all stripes. Just as with Mario Bros and 75m, Pacman takes a little piece of arcade history and transforms it into a Super Smash Bros arena.

The stage itself is comprised of five platforms in the shape of borders in the Pacman maze. To get a good idea of how this looks take a look at the below picture and start with the T platform as the central platform.

I think the picture is self-explanatory. Of course the platforms are going to be larger to fit the characters, and other alterations to the design make the stage more enjoyable instead of being a walled mess. You have one main island with two platforms floating on top, and two platforms out to the left and right, before leading into the KO boundary. Pellets align the black space in between platforms, and as characters touch and collect them, they add to a stage score much like the three items in 75m. The faster all of the pellets are collected, the faster they refill the stage. This is important for achieving a higher stage score. However, pellets aren't the only thing aligning the black space in between platforms...

Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde make their way through the stage collecting various fruit and treasure, continuing their never ending search for victory and fortune. If they touch a player they will deal damage, so it's best to avoid them. Just like in the Pac-Man games, they have a weakness, the Power Pellet. Now a Power Pellet will randomly appear in the middle of the stage on occasions, and touching it will cause the ghosts to become susceptible to attack. Seizing the opportunity adds an extra bonus to the stage score.

Racking up the stage score has it's benefits, once the score reaches a certain threshold, a prize will appear! Food of different variety will appear depending upon the stage score. Cherries, strawberries, apples, pears, pretzels, bananas and more; different food will heal whichever player grabs the reward. Cherries heal the least (2%), and pretzels heal the most (10%); everything else falls in between. Be sure to get the reward before it travels away.

As all of the many interactions with the stage occur, flashes of vibrant, neon color glow across the stage. Do not let this stage deceive you, it is not dull by any means.

Stage Example:
.............__...__
oo__xxxx______xxxx__oo

x* hole
o* ko boundary

Stage Name: Pac-Man
Stage Icon: 8-bit Pac-Man

-Music-
Pac-Man Vs. - Title Screen
Pac-Man Party - Main Menu
Pacman World - King Galaxian
Pacman World 2 - Scuba Duba
Pacman World 3 - Pacdot Maze
Pacman World Rally - Canyon Crusade
Namco Classic Collection 2 - Green World
Namco Classic Collection 2 - Toy Box World
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions - Quack Cookie
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX - BGM
Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness - Year Of The Pac
Mario Kart Arcade GP - Pacman Cup

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
NOTE: I have decided to repost my Custom Robo stage concept so I can free up the first post to use as a menu.

Video: http://youtu.be/lZGcC3oNoRo

Aesthetically it would share a design much like what is presented in the above media add platforms, a little more wireframe, all while retaining the neon tech design. The platforms would be the top surface of the two walls, in below them would give you access to the floor of the arena. Giving you two levels to fight on. When on the ground the walls will pose as an obstacle. Beyond the walls the remainder of the floor leads into the "KO boundary". The background would have many different "cyber" animations and effects that one would expect of an internet based stage. More distinctly you would be able to view the "Custom Robo cannon" in the background swiveling and firing Custom Robo characters into the background. Simple design conveying the arena theme.

An example: _|-|__|-|_

Name: Cyber Holosseum
Icon: Custom Robo cube

Custom Robo 64 - Custom Battle
Custom Robo 64 - Gift From Me
Custom Robo V2 - Custom Battle 2
Custom Robo V2 - Capsule Holesseum
Custom Robo V2 - Battle #2
Custom Robo GX - Regular Battle
Custom Robo: Battle Revolution - Heaven
Custom Robo: Battle Revolution - Frozen Game
Custom Robo: Battle Revolution - Scramble
Custom Robo Arena - Basic Battle
Art Style: Light Trax - Superplay
Chosoju Mecha MG - Marionation Gear (Brawl)
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Great Battlers (Of course assuming Megaman is in the game)

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Very nice, so far; loving Sunset Shore right now. =)

Though hey, if it's not much trouble, could you possibly add in a KI Uprising stage? I just feel like one should be added, plus Sakurai did an excellent job, so it's pretty much acceptable that you place one in.

Top Bottom