• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 4: Stage Conception

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just going to get too it today.

The Ring, not a terribly complicated stage. You fight inside a boxing ring with spotlights shining down upon the stage and camera's flashing in the background. The rings of the stage act as bumpers would, just without damage and with a less exaggerated feel. The stage design will be that of the World Circuit.

It will be large enough for every character to fight in. So no worries about the stage not being large enough to fight in. You can be knocked out of the ring and walk around the floor, but not too far so as to walk off the stage.

Every now and then a bell will hit, signaling the current round is over. Once that happens Doc Louis will come to the side of the ring and give some sort of short word encouragement to the players. Nothing too spectacular, but the every friendly reminder to join Club Nintendo! There will be a screen in the back of the stage, a throwback to Wii Boxing. It will show the characters fighting and recap the highlights of the match once each round ends.

There will also be small cameo's of the different Punch Out boxers in the audience. Watching from outside the ring with stares and anger, angry that they are not in that ring pummeling your character to a pulp...

Stage Example:

..|========|
--....................--

Stage Name: The Ring
Stage Icon: Boxing Glove

-Tracks-
Punch Out!! - Fight ~ Training
Super Punch Out - Normal Match
Super Punch Out - Special Circuit
Punch Out!! Wii - Mr. Sandman
Punch Out!! Wii - Don Flamenco
Punch Out!! Wii - Soda Popinski
Punch Out!! Wii - Super Macho Man
Punch Out!! Wii - Disco Kid
Punch Out!! Wii - Super Macho Man
Punch Out!! Wii - Doc Louis
Wii Sports - Boxing Training ~ Boxing Replay
Teleroboxer - Milky
Joy Mech Fight - Battle ~ Battle 2

and just for fun

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - You Blow My Mind (Dudley Stage)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not sure how many more of these I will continue doing as the only stages left I want to tackle are not released yet. This one I will probably further develop later when I'm not so tired.

New Mushroom Kingdom! A weird name, but I think you get the point. This stage will keep the tradition of Yoshi's Island and the two Mushroom Kingdom stages. In that this stage is modeled after a general field theme. Except this time it will be in a mold reflecting the New Super Mario Bros. series and the Super Mario 3D Land game. This stage would also be the possible home field for a playable Toad.

The stage design itself will be based around the athletic areas in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Which means you will be up in the clouds, so clouds will pass along the back ground and floors. You will also see Bullet Bill turrets firing their signature ammo (Bullet Bills) as they strafe along the background sky line. Sometimes the occasional Bullet Bill won't want to linger just in the background and will find it's way going from one end of the stage to the other. Paratroopa's will occasionally fly into the stage from the side, allowing you too jump atop them (or attack them some other way), "de-winging" them and making them a standard Koopa. Further attack will cause them to retreat into their shell, allowing them to be used as an item.

On both sides of the stage are solid ground, in the middle are the large mushroom platforms that lower under weight. Above the platforms are a line of standard brick boxes. To keep the platforms going higher all you need to do is break the boxes.

Also above is another "floor" of standard ground, since in most Mario games there are normally multiple layers to a platform. The blocks will act as a kind of bridge between the second floor of platforms. Above that will be the famous music blocks that act as a spring, you can hop on one to launch you into the air. Or hit one and be repelled back, kind of like a mild bumper.

To the end of every floor will be a pipe, jumping in one will send you to the pipe of another platform. Beyond the stage to the right, acting as a small island of it's own, will be three pipes that you can move on. Going down into one of them will only send you to another pipe somewhere on the stage

Stage Example:

...____■■■■■■■■______
++____...--..--...____++--_

Stage Name: New Super Mario Land
Stage Icon: Mushroom

-Tracks-
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Overworld
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Athletic
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Beach
Super Mario 3D Land - Main Theme
Super Mario 3D Land - Overworld (World 1 remix)
Super Mario Bros. 3 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Melee)
Super Mario Bros. 2 - Overworld (Melee)
Super Mario World - Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Super Mario 64 - Bob-omb Battlefield (Brawl)
Super Mario World - Title / Ending (Brawl)
Super Mario Sunshine - Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
Wario's Woods - Versus

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright guys, here is my next stage concept. This one is going to be one of the zanier ones I do but hopefully it is worth it? This is a stage I forgot about until just today, I cannot believe I've overlooked it considering this was one of my original concepts. Either way, here is my koncept.

It is the Flying Krock, King K. Rool's airship itself! Which obviously tells you whom this stage belongs to.This is another one of my "tour" stages, meaning the background is going to change quite a bit. Not the stage itself. Your fight will always stay atop the Flying Krock, to the very right is a large window that allows you to see inside, but no battling actually occurs inside the ship itself. I guess King K. Rool does not want to ruin his interior? The stage's design is modeled after the Flying Krock II from Donkey Kong Country 2. So it will have more of an airship/Osprey design. The stage will be large, a little under the size of the Gray Fox.

The background of the stage focuses primarily on the massive land known as "Crocodile Isle". The air ship will buzz around this island, entering into various atmospheres and archetypes taken from Donkey Kong Country 2, bringing with them their own unique twist. You will have 6 atmospheres to the stage;

Swamp, Dark Forest, Bramble, Mine, Volcano, Honeycomb, and Amusement Park.

You will begin the match with the ship in the clouds. They will begin to clear as you notice yourself coming closer to the sea, with a menacing island in the backdrop. In this ocean the Kremling Krew occupy the many vessels in the water, you will see many of those familiar reptilian faces as you zip past the ocean towards this dark land. Once you hit land you will begin in a swamp.

It isn't a large section, as it is not meant to be. It is just the opening to the ensuing cycle. Rats, beetles, and other species of Kremling can be seen walking the piers of the swamp. Soaking in the filthiness in which they live... Don't say that too loud as I hear Klubba is never too far away... Whom you will eventually pass as you make your way forward.

Your first stop takes you through a dark forest, where menacing ghosts fill the dark, foreboding scene, A gust picks up, blowing leaves as well as the characters back.

Next you will hit a large patch of trees that will cover the screen, transitioning you into the next atmosphere. This time it will be Bramble.

The Flying Krock will make it's way through a maze of bramble. Since walls of bramble can appear above or on opposite ends of the stage whenever that wall is up knocking your opponent into it will deal damage. It won't be penetrable. Barrel Cannons will abound in this stage, which will add to part of the problem to this stage. They will operate much like they did in Melee, except get caught in the wrong one and you could sen yourself into a wall of thorns. So as the barrels scroll along with the stage, be careful how high you jump... Squawks can be seen racing against Sprint the parrot, making his cameo.

After a short period of time the bramble will begin to thin, indicating the end of the maze. Once out the screen will begin to adjust.

Now we found ourselves inside of a mine.

This one is pretty straight forward, there is no hazard to this one. The only gimmick is that this stage will have scrolling horizontal platforms that will allow each character to climb higher in the mine. Well above the ship. Outside of that it is our standard Kremling Krew fare. Although some of the orangutangs from the original DKC can be seen.

Now, the indoor sections (Mine, Volcano, Honeycomb) will always follow one another, so depending upon which follows determines the type of transition we will see. For this example we will use Volcano. Towards the end of the stage the background begins to swirl from heat.

You arrive inside the active core of Crocodile Isle itself. Steam will push hot air balloons above the ship, it is important to be on one as the ship will dip into the lava for a few seconds. Once out the balloons will float away. Even though simple science would say the metal would still be hot from the magma, but who cares? It's a video game! The famous platform croc heads will appear from the lava to look at the player, Klap Traps will be seen frittering on little isles above the pool of magma.

We reach the end of this phase as magma begins to fade and land begins to take over. Now honeycombs begin to take over the backdrop...

You have now enetered the home of King Zing himself! Believe me, you will see him. But don't fear, it is just a cameo... You will face a much stickier maze this time around. Instead of the walls damaging you you can get stuck on them, which is equally bad because if you are stuck on a wall as the stage is scrolling... Yeah. You will see both Zingers and those BuzzBee's from DKC3 in this stage, fighting in a hive war of sorts. Those small Kremlings with the giant cleavers can be seen getting stuck in the honey in the back as well.

You approach the end of the interior section. The cave becomes dark, a light begins to shine above and up you go! Once you arrive outside you are in the middle of an amusement park, Krazy Kremland!

Now your ship begins scrolling right once more, picking up a bit of speed. Along the bottom of the stage is a roller coaster with an empty cart. The cart will act as a temporary mini platform for players. It will speed up and brake along the track, hopping over holes and other things. Since it is a roller coaster the rail will be ascending and descending, sometimes allowing the cart to move closer to the top of the Flying Krock.

Eventually the ride will end and the cart will make one last quick ascension (allowing a character to hop onto the ship) before descending into the depths. With that your ship will depart for the skies. You will fly around Crocodile Isle, making way to the very pinacle so as to see K. Rool's Keep. Then the island will begin fade from view as you return to the sky and repeat the cycle once again.

Note: The background scrolls to the left as the stage scrolls to the right. The only time it changes is when entering the first atmosphere and when leaving the interior section.

There is a little bit of variety in the way the stages archetypes can appear:

Swamp > Dark Forest > Bramble > Volcano=Honeycomb=Mine > Amusement Park

The interior can proceed in either of six ways, though the last one will always have the skyward "out of interior" transition effect.

Stage Example:

Stage Name: The Flying Kroc
Stage Icon: Donkey Kong symbol

-Tracks-
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Crocodile Cacophony
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Disco Train
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Toxic Tower
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Mining Melancholy
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Stickerbrush Symphony
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Forest Interlude
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Hot Head Bop
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Nuts N' Bolts
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Rockface Rumble
Donkey Kong 64 - Mad Jack (Factory Boss)
Donkey Kong Country - King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2 (Brawl)
Donkey Kong (GB) - Showdown at the Tower

D

Deleted member

Sweet, a stage based on my favorite video game soundtrack that isn't a Smash.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to be missing these stage concepts. Thanks for the many awesome stage concepts you made. I may look them again if I want to kill time.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I've been off and on, luckily I don't have too much schoolwork at the moment. So I wanted to do something fun with the time I had. What is more fun than another stage concept? Perhaps eating ice cream while I'm on a date with my girlfriend. Since I don't have one I'll stick with the stages... Now I'm feeling very sad... :'(

*runs away crying*

Although it may be hard to see with those pictures, an Advance Wars stage would likely focus on the one common thread throughout the entire series.

The base headquarters, or in this case Orange Star Headquarters. This stage would take many of the common Famicom Wars/Advance Wars elements and wrap them into one neat little package of a stage.

The background would be that of a literal war! Military planes would be engaging in aerial combat, with bombers dropping bombs into the ocean. Tanks would be rolling across the background, occasionally firing off a shot into that of the hostile army. Infantrymen would be scaling cliffs and hills as they march forward onto the enemy army. Jeeps and other vehicles would also follow the line of tanks and infantrymen. From the ocean large battleships would fire from the distance onto land. You would occasionaly see one of those battleships suffer a massive hit from an unseen submarine, sinking it into the ocean. Cities would abound with different lighting, changing depending upon which army is in control of the city.

As you could no doubt imagine you would be fighting in front of the large Orange Star headquarters, with the giant Orange Star flag waving as it is draped along the headquarters. A large speaker and satellite dish alongside makeshift tents and gates.

You fight on the run path of an aircraft hangar. To the right is a tank, immobile as it defends the run path, while on the right is an inactive aircraft. The tanks cannon is elevated to the right, acting as a ramp. Which you can use, along with the jet to the top of the hangar. Acting as a second level; which is important as occasionally a plane will use the path to take off or land, causing any character under the craft as it descends to be damaged. Don't worry, a signal will be given similarly to Onett. On the roof is also a helipad, which will occasionally attract the damaged helicopter. Once it takes off it a player can hold the rail of the copter, just as a fun little extra.

Stage Example:

..___________H___

T___________A___

"T"=Tank
"A"=Airjet
"H"Helipad

Stage Name: Orange Star Headquarters
Stage Icon: A wrench

-Tracks-
Famicom Wars - Title
Super Famicom Wars - BGM 2
Game Boy Wars 3 - White Moon ~ White Moon Winning
Advance Wars - Andy's Theme
Advance Wars - Sturm's Theme
Advance Wars 2 - Super Power
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - Sami's Theme
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - Jake's Theme
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Proud Soldier
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - We Will Prevail
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Supreme Logician
Battalion Wars - Titans of Tundra

So that would be another addition to my stage concept series. Hope you all enjoyed it. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is another stage concept of mine. This one is kind of a successor to an already existing stage. Building upon the elements laid out in the stage preceeding it while adding it's own flair and flavor. This stage will incorporate many elements to it.

Rainbow Road, the iconic track featured in every Mario Kart to date. This track would be the successor to Mario Circuit from Brawl. The stage mechanics would be similar in a sense, where Shy Guys in karts will race along the track and pose as an obstacle. However, there is no layer above so there is not a vertical threat. This stage is kind of a successor to the already existent Mario Circuit.

The background would take elements from every iteration of Mario Kart post SNES. There would be neon constellation designs taken from Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash. Falling stars from Mario Kart: Super Circuit, rainbow colored pipes and stars from Mario Kart DS; with the track design being based on Mario Kart Wii. Inevitably Mario Kart 7 will have a greater impact on the overall track design, but since it is not out as of this time I will focus on Mario Kart Wii. When MK7 is released the element carried over from Mario Kart Wii will be the occasional shower of Star Bits.

A starry screen floating in the upper right hand sky will be visible, which allows players to see where the racers are currently at and how many are coming down each road.

The stage design would be that of a forked road, with two tracks on the left and right.

A rainbow colored platform, swaying left and right, would placed in the gap between the tracks. Meaning there is always a way to get from one track to the other. The track itself cannot be held onto, so trying to recover could only be via the platform. A subtle meta reference to Rainbow Roads infamous unguarded roads.

Rainbow Road may represent the Mario Kart series, but it also represents the entirety of the Mario sports spin offs as well. Which is why some of the tracks are taken from those other series'.

Stage Example:

_______...-----..._______

Stage Name: Rainbow Road
Stage Icon: Mushroom

-Tracks-
Mario Kart 7 - Rainbow Road
Mario Kart Wii - Toad Factory
Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Mario Kart 64 - Luigi Circuit (Brawl)
Mario Kart DS - Waluigi Pinball (Brawl)
Mario Tennins/Golf - Mario Tennis / Mario Golf (Brawl)
3D Hot Rally - Title (3D Hot Rally) (Brawl)
Mario Sports Mix - Bowser Jr. Boulevard*
Mario Super Sluggers - Mario Stadium
Mario Strikers Charged - Galactic Stadium
Mario Party - Rainbow Castle ~ In The Mushroom Forest*
Mario Hoops 3 on 3 - Sherbert Land

*: Tracks were taken from other stage concepts and replaced with a more approriate selection.

[Bowser's Castle] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Volcano
[New Super Mario Land] Super Mario Bros 3. - Overworld Medley

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright guys, I've been working on this one for quite awhile. This is a stage concept of sorts, more or less it is a concept on how stages would return in Super Smash Bros. 4.

All the stages listed below have their music listed, some of them are unchanged while others have. An asterisk is next to a track that was not previously native to that stage in Brawl. If you see songs that are missing do not worry as most all of the missing tracks are relocated to other stages within concepts of mine. If you haven't noticed by now I am intricately weaving the track listing. By the time my stage concept series is complete you will be able to see that.

So while it may not be the most exciting of "stage concepts", take a look none the less!

NOTE: I realize Battlefield and Final Destination will likely undergo a cosmetic change so do not get hung up on the picture too much. It is simply for reference.

Final Destination

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Final Destination
Super Smash Bros. - Credits (Super Smash Bros.)
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Final Destination (Melee)
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Giga Bowser (Melee)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Tabuu*
Super Smash Bros. - Final Destination (Super Smash Bros.)*

Battlefield

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Battlefield
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Menu (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Battlefield Ver. 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Battlefield (Melee)
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Multi-Man Melee 1 (Melee)
Super Smash Bros - Metal Battle*
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Break The Targets*
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Boss Battle Song 1*

Mushroomy Kingdom

Super Mario Bros. - Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
Super Mario Bros. - Ground Theme 2 (Super Mario Bros.)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - Gritzy Desert
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - Boss Battle*
Super Mario 64 - Rainbow Cruise (Melee)*

Mushroomy Kingdom (Underground)

Super Mario Bros. - Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
Super Mario Bros. - Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
Super Mario Land - Underground Theme (Super Mario Land)
Super Mario Bros. - Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)*

Yoshi's Island

Yoshi's Island - Obstacle Course
Yoshi's Story - Ending (Yoshi's Story)
Yoshi's Island - Yoshi's Island
Yoshi Touch & Go - Flower Field
Yoshi's Island DS - Wildlands
Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Story (Melee)*

75m

Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong - Opening (Donkey Kong)
Donkey Kong - 25m BGM
Mario Bros. - Mario Bros.*
Wrecking Crew - Power-Up Music*
Nazo no Murasamejo - Douchuumen (Nazo no Murasamejo)*

Pirate Ship

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Dragon Roost Island
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Tal Tal Heights
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Ballad of the Windfish*
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Song of Storms
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Molgera Battle
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - Village of the Blue Maiden
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Termina Field
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Hyrule Field*

Skyworld

Kid Icarus - Underworld
Kid Icarus - Skyworld
Kid Icarus - Title (Kid Icarus)
Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus Original Medley

Castle Siege

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light - Fire Emblem Theme
Fire Emblem Gaiden - With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1)
Fire Emblem - Attack
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - Preparing To Advance
Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Winning Road - Roy's Hope
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Ike's Theme
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Against the Dark Knight
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Crimean Army Sortie
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Power-Hungry Fool
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Victory Is Near
Fire Emblem - Fire Emblem (Melee)

Norfair

Metroid - Main Theme (Metroid)
Metroid - Ending (Metroid)
Metroid - Norfair
Super Metroid - Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior
Super Metroid - Vs. Ridley*
Metroid - Brinstar (Melee)*
Metroid - Brinstar Depths (Melee)*

Warioware

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ - WarioWare, Inc.
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ - WarioWare, Inc. Medley
WarioWare: Touched! - Ashley's Song
Sawaru Meido in Wario - Ashley's Song (JP)
WarioWare: Touched! - Mike's Song
Sawaru Meido in Wario - Mike's Song (JP)
WarioWare: Twisted! - Mona Pizza's Song
Mawaru Meido in Wario - Mona Pizza's Song (JP)

Lylat Cruise

Star Fox - Space Armada
Star Fox - Corneria
Star Fox - Main Theme (Star Fox)
Star Fox 64 - Main Theme (Star Fox 64)
Star Fox 64 - Area 6
Star Fox 64 - Area 6 Ver. 2
Star Fox 64 - Star Wolf
Star Fox: Assault - Space Battleground
Star Fox: Assault - Break Through the Ice
X - Tunnel Scene (X)

Pokémon Stadium 2

Pokémon - Pokémon Main Theme
Pokémon - Road to Viridian City (From Pallet Town / Pewter City)
Pokémon - Pokémon Center
Pokémon - Pokémon Gym / Evolution
Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire - Wild Pokémon Battle! (Ruby / Sapphire)
Pokémon Diamond / Pearl - Wild Pokémon Battle! (Diamond / Pearl)*
Pokémon Diamond / Pearl - Route 209*

Halberd

Kirby Super Star - Metaknight's Revenge ~ Taking Over The Halberd (Original)*
Kirby Super Star - Meta Knight's Revenge
Kirby Air Ride - The Legendary Air Ride Machine
Kirby Super Star - Gourmet Race
Kirby's Adventure - Butter Building
Kirby's Dream Land - King Dedede's Theme
Kirby: Squeak Squad - Squeak Squad Theme
Kirby Super Star - Vs. Marx
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - 0² Battle
Kirby Series - Boss Theme Medley
Kirby Air Ride - Checker Knights
Kirby Air Ride - Frozen Hillside

Port Town: Aero Dive

F-Zero - Mute City
F-Zero - Fire Field
F-Zero - White Land
F-Zero - Mute City (Melee)
F-Zero - Big Blue (Melee)
F-Zero X - Car Select
F-Zero X - Dream Chaser
F-Zero X - Devil's Call in Your Heart
F-Zero X - Climb Up! And Get The Last Chance!
1080°Snowboarding - Golden Forest (1080°Snowboarding)
Mach Rider - Mach Rider (Melee)

Summit

Ice Climber - Ice Climber
Balloon Fight - Balloon Trip
Shin Onigashima - Shin Onigashima
Clu Clu Land - Clu Clu Land
Ice Climbers - Icicle Mountain (Melee)
Adventures of LoLo - Final Boss ~ Final Boss Theme 2*

Flat Zone 2

Game & Watch Gallery - Flat Zone 2
Game & Watch - Flat Zone
Game and Watch Gallery - Octopus ~ Oil Panic
Game and Watch Gallery 2 - Parachute*
Game and Watch Gallery 3 - Title Screen*
Game & Watch Gallery 4 - Donkey Kong 3*

Pictochat

PictoChat - PictoChat
Mii Channel - Mii Channel
Wii Play - Charge! (Wii Play)
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day - Brain Age
Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi - Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi
Big Brain Academy - Title (Big Brain Academy)
NES Sports - Sports Medley*

Smashville

Animal Crossing - Title (Animal Crossing)
Animal Crossing - Go K.K. Rider!
Animal Crossing - 2:00 a.m.
Animal Crossing: Wild World - Town Hall and Tom Nook's Store
Animal Crossing: Wild World - The Roost
Animal Crossing - K.k. Fusion (Aircheck)*
Animal Crossing - K.K. House (Aircheck) *
Animal Crossing - K.k. Metal (Aircheck)*
Animal Crossing - Agent K.k. (Aircheck)*

K.K Slider Appearances

Animal Crossing - K.K. Gumbo
Animal Crossing - K.K. Western
Animal Crossing - Rockin' K.K.
Animal Crossing - DJ K.K.
Animal Crossing - K.K. Condor
Animal Crossing - K.K. Cruisin'

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, here is another stage idea I've had a little while, but have never been sure how to work it. I may refine this later tomorrow once I am not so tired. Hopefully it is interesting enough on it's own?

But wait?! Don't we already have this stage already? Well, yes... And no... You know how you have one city, and sometimes they reuse the name but add "new" in front of it? Well this would be New Smashville, the "Pokémon Stadium 2" to the original Smashville. "Didn't you say you believe the original Smashville would return?" Why yes I did. "Is two Animal Crossing stages really necessary?" That question is subjective to each persons opinion, personally I do not see things through that lens. I see it through what a stage can bring while adequately representing it's series. This stage does that.

How this stage is different than it's counterpart is unlike Smashville, you will actually fight within the town itself. Not on a floating platform above the city. The sky will curve and slowly pass above you just like in City Folk and the upcoming Animal Crossing 3DS 9probably with the stage taking more cues from that title).

Your fight will take place on the "second floor", you will fight on two opposite cliffs. Behind you will be the river and it's corresponding lake/bridge. You will also see the many houses of villagers and the staple buildings such as the Museum, Nook's Cranny, The Mayor's House and Sable and Mable's. Below you will see the beach, the waterfall and the houses along the beach side. Trees will be budding fruit and flowers will blossom with small insects crawling throughout. Villagers will walk around the back, interacting each other and occasionally stopping to watch the players. Their interactions (along with the characters) will change depending upon some of the various circumstances that will be listed ahead. Occasionally Kapp'n will make a cameo, driving hiw bus to the but stop to collect some passengers and head off to the city.

What makes this stage special is it will be completely affected by the console's clock and forecast channel/app! What this means is a more accurate day/night cycle that will literally imitate that of Animal Crossing. If it is forecasted for you to have rain, the game's background will rain. If it is forecasted to be windy, the trees will sway under a strong breeze. The stage can also be affected by seasons. Meaning during each season you can fight on four different terrain reflective of the present season. Select holidays (and days) will also bring about special background events and characters from Animal Crossing.

One other amazing detail is My Music will not function on this stage similar to Hanenbow. Why is this? Because each hour will have it's own song taken from the Animal Crossing series. If you happen to be playing a match and the hours changes, the track will change to the next hours track. With a bell chime in between ringing a number of times according to the hour.

Stage Example:

...............___..........___
____......______________.......____

Stage Name: New Smashville
Stage Icon: Nook Leaf

-Tracks-
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 12:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 1:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 2:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 3:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 4:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 5:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 6:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 7:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 8:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 9:00 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 10:00 AM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 11:00 AM

Animal Crossing: City Folk - 12:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 1:00 PM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 2:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 3:00 PM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 4:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 5:00 PM ♥
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 6:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 7:00 PM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 8:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 9:00 PM
Animal Crossing: City Folk - 10:00 PM
Animal Crossing (GC) - 11:00 PM

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

This stage centers around Venus lighthouse. The last stage from Golden Sun. You will fight atop the lighthouse. There will be a floating stone bridge to the right that leads to an almost island like aspect of the tower. The stage does not offer much in the way of hazards. So it is a very neutral stage. Though the stones within the bridge buckle under the weight of the player. Giving each floating stone a more "authentic" feel.

In the background four statues will encapsulate an unlit beacon. High in the sky you can see the looming shadows of the other towers in the distance. Even the outline of Mt. Aleph itself. The bright blue sky gleaming with a bright golden sun!

Stage Example:

_________..-..-..-..___

Stage Name: Venus Lighthouse
Icon: Sun

-Tracks-
Golden Sun - Venus Lighthouse
Golden Sun - Jenna's Theme
Golden Sun - Saturos
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Tundaria Tower
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Walking Forward with Determination
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Mar's Lighthouse
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Magma Rock
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Boss Theme
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Golden Sun
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Belinsk Ruins
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - To The Light We Go
Golden Sun - Battle Scene / Final Boss (Brawl)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I am STILL in love with the Mr. saturn stage, O_O

I don't want it to be too janky. >_<
Although I think they should maybe make it like the insides of one of the saturn houses with the phone and the atm, as well as the tables. also the mr saturns could be in the background, much like the characters from animal crossing on smashville. also there could be a ballon that goes by with a mr saturn attached. lmao...i really....love earthbound...

PLEASE NINTENDO GODS GIVE ME A DECENT EARTHBOUND STAGE TO PLAY ON

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am STILL in love with the Mr. saturn stage, O_O

I don't want it to be too janky. >_<
Although I think they should maybe make it like the insides of one of the saturn houses with the phone and the atm, as well as the tables. also the mr saturns could be in the background, much like the characters from animal crossing on smashville. also there could be a ballon that goes by with a mr saturn attached. lmao...i really....love earthbound...

PLEASE NINTENDO GODS GIVE ME A DECENT EARTHBOUND STAGE TO PLAY ON
I hear you there. The positive thing is with Melee stages set to not return and the possibility of New Pork City not returning either Sakurai will have to make a new Earthbound stage. Hopefully he gets the memo about Saturn Valley. While I would love my Cave of the Past idea to be implemented as an alternate similarly to Mushroomy Kingdom I don't think it will happen... Oh well.

On top of a good Earthbound stage my other big complaint is in regards to Metroid. We need a Metroid stage that is not inside a cave. Metroid Prime opened us to beautiful worlds and outdoor atmospheres. A Metroid stage should be reflective of that too.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, to spur some discussion. Here is another stage concept. If it were possible for something to be worked out between both Square Enix and Nintendo, maybe we could see this?

You know the song and it's wooden master of the Geno secret society. The infamous Forest Maze from Super Mario RPG rises from obscurity!

The stage takes place in the dark woods of the maze itself. The trees bend an twist, concealing the pipes scattered along the backdrop. Mushrooms and stumps abound rotting on the floor of this green labyrinth. The ground covered with green foliage blanketing the ground. Wigglers traipse along the ground in the back with their carefree smile and walk. Also making appearances in the background will be Chocobos and Slimes as an ode to Square Enix's larger properties. The sun will glisten through the trees, and as they blow in the wind the light will scatter in the forest floor. Giving the stage a dark but ambient setting. Something befitting for a forest. Little tomatoes will abound on the leaves of the trees dropping below as time goes on.

The platforms will be made of many forest based material. Stumps and mushrooms will be your platforms. In the middle of the stage is a large mushroom that acts as a large platform, two stumps on both sides of the stage will play as platforms allowing you to access the higher levels. Another mushroom will occasionally sprout from the stage acting as an extra platform. It can appear in the upper right hand corner of the stage, sprouting off of a tree. Rattle the mushroom on the tree enough and the mushroom will fall off. Damaging any opponents caught in its path ever so slightly. The stage is not walk off, strangely, even though it is on the ground. It is a stage you must recover on. Luckily it is spacious enough to avoid being knocked off too much.

A perfect stage to represent the iconic setting from the cult hit, and cult is right, Super Mario RPG.

Stage Example:

...................................oooo
.............ooooooooooo
......__............................__
xx_______________________xx

Super Mario RPG - Beware The Forest Mushrooms
Super Mario RPG - Stronger Monster
Super Mario RPG - Armed Boss
Super Mario RPG - Booster's Tower ~ And My Name is Booster
Super Mario RPG - Smithy ~ Smithy Transformed
Super Mario RPG - Bowser's Theme
Super Mario RPG - Nimbus Land
Super Mario RPG - Culex
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Boss Battle
Super Mario World - Forest of Illusion
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest
Secret of Mana - Into The Thick of It

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Straight from Konami is a classic series with roots stretching back to the early days of the NES itself, Castlevania. Coming to us from this legendary series is Dracula's Mansion!

A large window covers most of the backdrop of the stage. Allowing you to see the large, bright blue moon looming in the dark sky. Dark clouds will pass in the sky as lightning flashes and the rain pours. Also visible outside is a garden over run with weeds and thorns. Zombie skeletons will roam the ground in the back, slowly making their way through the grass. Surrounding the window are worn pillars draped with brilliant red curtains. Torches and chandeliers will illuminate the vast mansion, giving light to the equally red carpeting sprawled along the floor tiling. Also uncovering the ornate grandfather clock on the first floor as well as many other small mansion like decor. Occasionally a silhouette can be seen rising to meet the moon. Dracula himself, blocking the light of the moon as he is brought to life once more. He will disappear after a few moments which will allow the moon to cast its rays below once more.

The design is based of this stage is based upon the standard Castlevania platform setup. There will be three layers to the stage with staircases to help the players access the upper floors. These staircases you can walk past by tapping the control stick hard, while soft movement will have your character climbing them. The stage is walk off, but expansive. On the main floor you will have a large hallway leading to a staircase to the right leading to the second floor. The second floor itself has a gap in between the floor, so dropping below is made easier. The staircase to the left will take you to the third floor. Most of the stage is solid, but in the middle are three independent platforms hovering in the air. These platforms are made of glass and the longer time is spent standing on them the closer they come to shattering. Which will cause the player to fall to the second floor beneath.

Stage Example:

___---.---.---___
\
.\__.._______
.................../
__________/__

Stage Name: Dracula's Mansion
Stage Icon: Flame

-Tracks-
Castlevania Judgement - Vampire Killer
Castlevania - The Black Knight
Castlevania II - Bloody Tears
Castlevania III - Mad Forest
Super Castlevania IV - Simon's Theme
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Divine Bloodlines
Castlevania: Dracula X - Beginning
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - Castle Dracula
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Clocktower
Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin - Iron Blue Intention
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows - Dance of Illusions
Castlevania ReBirth - Reincarnated Soul

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That Saturn Valley stage and Forrest Maze stage would be awesome. I would love to see Saturn Valley become the next "Mother" stage. It just seems so... perfect for smash.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

The iconic rooftop stage of the one and only Ryu himself! This traveling warrior has made his way to the Super Smash Bros universe to further his training. With him comes his stage, the Rooftop of the dojo. Taking design cues from various titles it is all meshed together into one detailed setting.

As with the original stage in Super Street Fighter II it will be set in the night, because all good fighting stages are set in the dark. The moon will loom in the background as it shines above the battlefield. The barren trees will sway under the wind as it gently blows. In the background many other fighters from the Street Fighter universe can be seen training below. Ken is seen on the ground in a sparring match with Sean. Dan gets his butt handed too him by his "student" Sakura. Off in the distance, on a lone hill, a silhouette can be seen with glowing red eyes. Menacing and powerful, watching the fighters with the lust to fight. It is never visible enough to fully make out who it is, but Street Fighter fans should know...

The rooftop itself will be a large flat stretch. There won't be any platforms, just one large run. The reason for this is as an ode to the side scrolling nature of the Capcom fighting genre. It will be smaller than Bridge of Eldin roughly around the size of Battlefield. Like Battlefield you can be knocked off of the stage, can only keep it so faithful. It is a simple stage with very little thrills. The only thrill that is meant to be is the one of battle, of which this stage forces you to focus on.

Stage Example:

++__________++

Stage Name: Rooftop
Stage Icon: Headband

-Tracks-
Super Street Fighter II - Ryu's Theme
Super Street Fighter II - Ken's Theme
Hyper Street Fighter II - Guile Theme
Street Fighter Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - Moon Bike (Sagat)
Street Fighter Alpha - Theme of Dan
Street Fighter Alpha II - Theme of Sakura
Street Fighter III: Second Impact - Sharp Eyes (Ibuki)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike - The Longshoreman (Sean and Oro)
Street Fighter IV - Chun Li's Theme
Street Fighter IV - Akuma Theme
Super Street Fighter IV - Theme of Juri
Marvel Vs. Capcom - Theme of Ryu

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is another guest stage concept taken from Tri-Hyphen. Just like his last stage concept I thoroughly enjoy this idea. It kind of detracts from my Nintendo stage, but it is still phenomenal none the less.

Forgive me if I'm off topic, but here's my next stage concept.

Inspired by one of the 2 actual games made for our Robotic Operating Buddy, it's the Laboratory.

Seeing as none of the phases would truly fit into Smash properly without causing a scene, this stage was made from the ground up giving it a new age retro feel to it.

Still overall it's a pretty simple stage. When fighting here the main gimmick are the 4 pipes that move up and down repeatedly at random. These pipes are each solid walls so each time they move they change the fabric of the stage entirely! Every 5-10 seconds at 2 of the same colored pipes open and close so if you or an opponent is caught on top of or under one prepare to be squished!

Of course in the background you'll see R.O.B.'s partner, Professor Hector moving about, serving as the signal for when the pipes move. The screen will flash a glowing green color and Hector will move into his waiting stance until the pipes have effectively rearranged the room. So you always expect a new stage every time you fight here!

Stage Example:

p = Pipe

___p_______pp_____________p__
xxxpxxxxxxxxxppxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpxxx
xxxpxxxx---xxppxx---xxxxxxxxxxxpxxx
xxxpxxxxxxx|xppx|xxxxxxxxxxxxxpxxx
___p_______pp_____________p___

Stage Name: Laboratory
Stage Icon: Gyro

Tracks:
Gyromite/Stack Up - Gyromite (Brawl)
Wrecking Crew - Main Phase
Joy Mech Fight - Medley
Famicom Medley (Brawl)
Famicom Sports Medley (Brawl Lost Tracks)
Pro Wrestling - Main Theme
Excitebike: World Rally - Track Editor
Super Scope 6 - Blastris A
Mario Paint - Gnat Attack Boss
StarTropics - Dungeon
Dr. Mario - Chill Theme (Brawl)
Dr. Mario RX Online - Cough Theme
Mario Paint - Gnat Attack Boss
Adventures of LoLo - Main BGM

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Why if it isn't the other famous character whose last name ends in "man". Bomberman is another character who will get a lot of support every now and than. It is difficult to make an interesting stage out of a game that typically fixated on an overhead perspective. Still, wanted to take a good crack at finding some way to make it work.

This stage takes a cue from Delfino Plaza, in which a platform will drop you at select points on the stage. The platform will revolve around a large square battlefield and you will be dropped inside parts of it. You will be dropped inside the grid and fight on a large stretch of ground. While inside a battle will be raging on inside the background. Little generic Bombermen running around fighting and blasting each other to their little heart's content. The overall background design will be that of a factory like stadium.

You will have several blocks aligned on the back as is to be expected. You might be tempted to think, "ok, this is simple enough". Ahhhh, but do not let your guard down. Unbeknownst to you a bomb has just fallen into the open corridor in the background. If a bomb falls into a certain corridor watch out! After a certain amount of time that bomb will explode, sending fire down the corridor and scorching any player in its path! It is imperative to get behind a block or move to a clear part of the stage before the explosion takes place. Just like in a Bomberman game. Also like Bomberman you can have more than one bomb to deal with. Luckily you do not have to worry about the x-axis, but never slack off and always keep your eyes peeled. Otherwise you will learn to regret it... [If it is difficult to understand what I'm saying just skip to the example]

After a set time the platform will lift like in Delfino Plaza and you will be on a platform as it rotates around the cube. Allowing you to see the mayhem below. What happens is every time you land the background arrangement of the blocks will be different depending upon how decreased the blocks are. After the battle wears on you will only have one set layout that incorporate the non-destructible blocks.

Stage Example - Random:
B.....BBBBB..B......B*

Stage Example - Set:

.....B......B......B

*First example can be any arrangement
"B"=Blocks that will appear in the background of the stage

Stage Name: Bomb Arena
Stage Icon: Bomb

-Tracks-
Pocket Bomberman - Forest
Bomberman Quest - Field Zone
Super Bomberman - Level 6
Super Bomberman 2 - Boss
Super Bomberman 3 - Stage Three
Super Bomberman 4 - Final Boss
Super Bomberman 5 - Nuts and Bolts
Bomberman 64 - Black Fortress
Bomberman Online - Tower of Wind
Bomberman Generation - Boss Battle
Bomberman DS - Battle
Bomberman Blast - Classic Area

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

One of the signature vehicles in the Final Fantasy series, the airship! In this case this particular airship will be a conglomeration between the many different designs within the series.

The stage itself is very simple. You will have to higher levels to the left and to the right that lead to the edge of the ship. Primarily you are set within the main deck of a large airship. The wooden planks gleam from the sun beating down. Large poles will extend into the spinning propellers. Stairs will lead to the door which allow access to the ship's interior, though you will not be making use of the interior. The stage's background, The Airship, will be scrolling vertically. Meaning you will fight across the ship horizontally while the ship is moving vertically, akin to Venom. At points in the stage other background elements will cause the ship to tilt or suffer turbulence. That will be explained in the next section regarding the background.

The airship will pass along the sky with the trademark dual moons in distance. Earth will pass you by below as you travel across mountains, deserts, forests and oceans as the airship scouts the land. Flying through the air Moogles will occasionally fly by and hover above the ship, watching the battle. At points you will fly over a Chocobo forest, which the disturbance of your airship passing overhead will stir the native Chocobo and send them running throughout the forest below. Pass along the deserts and Cactaurs will scamper about while looking for a new place to rest. Going over the ocean will allow the airship to gently lower in the water and function as a regular ship. It is smooth sailing until the waters become choppy and the waves grow taller. From the ocean emerges Leviathan and he is ready to tear you ship apart. The propellers begin to rotate as your ship begins to make an ascent from the waters to avoid the wrath of Leviathan. The mountains will take you through the resting place of Bahamut. As you make your way through the mountains and towards a central volcano, Bahamut will emerge. The wind from his wings will cause the airship to experience turbulence and take a different course through the mountains.

Stage Example:

_____...................._____
.........___________

Stage Name: The Airship
Stage Icon: Crystal

-Tracks-
Final Fantasy IX - Airship
Final Fantasy - Battle Scene (Dissidia)
Final Fantasy II - Vs. The Emperor
Final Fantasy III - Dark Cloud
Final Fantasy IV - Boss Battle
Final Fantasy IV - Zeromus
Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge
Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad
Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel
Final Fantasy VIII - The Man With The Machine Gun (Black Mages)
Final Fantasy IX - The Darkness of Eternity
Final Fantasy X - Fight With Seymour

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

One of the most iconic locations from the SNES era, the Central Highway stage from Megaman X makes it's glorious debut! The lights, the mechs, the funny bee shaped mech carriers, this stage incorporates them all to some degree. The background shows a futuristic city under distress. Mech Bee's patrol the air looking to rain down terror on unsuspecting citizens. Other ships belonging to Sigma's band of mavericks will pass along the night sky dropping reinforcements into the city. Explosions can be seen as smoke billows from the cityscape. The bridge itself is torn from the wear of the Reploid uprising. Reploids and Mettaurs will walk along the dilapidated bridge while cars are parked alongside the road. The blue tank mechs will guard specific sections along the bridge.

The bridge is split in two parts, one lower half on the left and a higher half on the right. The left side is designed similarly to the starting point of Megaman X, the second half has more damage too it. There will be pieces of the bridge with more stress that will chip and break away after a certain amount of damage. The pieces will fall at a slow rate, which will give enough time for players to jump back onto the bridge. Don't worry about the falling segments of the bridge as they will randomly appear back via video game physics. Certain Mech Bees will appear on the stage and begin firing at the characters below. Characters cannot damage them, but they can be ridden for the small amount of time they are on the field. Being careful to avoid being atop when it decides to return to it's patrol route. Sometimes the little flying anvil dropping mechs, my scientific name for them, will fly into the back of the stage trying to further destroy the bridge. After they successfully do so the second half will have a larger gap than usual. Just like with the other smaller holes the stage will reappear courtesy of video game magic.

Stage Example:
.................___..__.___
_________

Stage Name: Central Highway
Stage Icon: "X" symbol

-Tracks-
Megaman X - Central Highway
Megaman X - Storm Eagle
Megaman X - Sigma Palace ~ Observatory Hall
Megaman X2 - Reploid Factory
Megaman X3 - Gravity Beetle
Megaman X4 - Zero Opening Stage
Megaman X5 - X Vs. Zero
Megaman X6 - Blaze Heatnix
Megaman X6 - Sigma
Megaman X7 - Crimson Palace
Megaman X8 - Jakob Elevator
Megaman Zero 2 - Departure (Mythos)
Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily Stage

I would probably do more, but I'm not feeling very motivated right now...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I won't lie, for this stage concept I did draw inspiration from someone else. Since I am not a fan of plagiarizing ideas go ahead and see the video for yourselves.
http://youtu.be/5rnBRTEEfBw

Zenan Bridge is the bridge from 1000 A.D that is broken when Chrono first arrives in that time period. Later on as the story progresses it is fixed and you proceed to fight a boss on that bridge. The stage itself will take place on a semi broken version of the bridge. While the left side is broken on the right the stage will lead into a grassy patch. Zenan Bridge will not be as long as Bridge of Eldin and will not suffer from the middle of the bridge collapsing. The stage itself will make use of many things from Chrono Trigger in the background. Little Imps, Roly Polys, Guardia Castle, the town and Magus's Castle will all make appearances. Frog will also make an appearance in the stage as he can be seen brandishing Masamune as he hops about the land.

Because this is Chrono Trigger, naturally time travel will have to be involved somehow, right? At points throughout the match a blue warp hole will appear in the air behind the stage and warp everything through time, sending everyone to a different time period. The background, along with the bridge itself, will change their design to reflect the time period they are in. 65,000,000BC, 12,000 B.C., 1000 A.D., and 2300 A.D. are the other four time periods you can visit.

In 65,000,000BC the time is in a prehistoric jungle with pterodactyls soaring the skies as lizard men ride on t-rexs as they chase the prehistoric humans. The Ioka tribe also makes an appearance along with Ayla. The bridge design be less extravagant and will also be over run with grass and vines.

In 12,000 B.C. the bridge will change to a very basic bridge over some water. What is not basic is the backdrop. Full of little islands floating in the sky with strangely shaped buildings and waterfalls. A place brimming with magic and strange dread. The Black Omen can be seen hovering above the icy waters below the sky.

In 1000 A.D you actually land in the port right in front of the Millenial Fair. Balloons rise from the fair as a myriad of excited noises and sounds come together. Boats can be seen leaving the harbor as birds flutter about in the water. Lucca, Robo and Marle all make appearances. Lucca can be seen working on a twitchy Robo as Marle sits along the deck, kicking her feet along the water while enjoying an ice cream.

Finally 2300 A.D is the last place time period. The bridge actually becomes a broken street both mechanical and dilapidated. Domes can be seen through the murky land and destroyed cities. The only living things seen are the Robo Biker Gang and little Robo clones. Otherwise no human dares venture beyond their domes into the murky, dense air.

The stage, even through every time warp, is much like Bridge of Eldin only with aesthetic changing. It takes a little liberty in place, but that is not actually all that unheard of for stages. Everything that is beloved about the series is represented in this stage.

Name: Zenan Bridge
Stage Icon: Pendelum

Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger - Battle
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2
Chrono Trigger - Magus
Chrono Trigger - Wind Scene ~ Frog's Theme
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time
Chrono Trigger - World Revolution
Chrono Trigger - Battle against Lavos Core
Chrono Trigger - Bike Chase
Chrono Trigger - To Far Away Times
Chrono Cross - Time's Scar

Fun fact, Chrono Trigger (Crono) is actually my most wanted third party series for Super Smash Bros 4.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is not really to compete as I said I was going to do this anyways. However, with the other stage concepts being presented I though now would be a good time to post it.

I have done two stage concepts for Classic and X and so it is only natural I want to try coming up with an idea for the next largest series, Megaman Battle Network. Despite many fans complaints the Battle Network series is one of the best selling Megaman series ever and almost solely kept Megaman alive during the early part of this decade.

The Internet plays a large role within the Megaman Battle Network universe as every civilization relies on them. The Internet also happens to be the realm of the Net Navis, of which our friend Megaman is one of them. The Internet is a vast place brimming with cybernetic life!

The stage will be comprised of three large, neon, translucent platforms, of which two are on opposite sides along the bottom and another is isolated above. While the platforms are distant from each other there is a way to access all three of them. Each platform will have a warp circle that will transport any character that steps onto one to another platform. To prevent abuse these warp circles will deactivate after heavy amounts of use for a short amount of time.

The background is black, but everything else sparkles with lights and colors; pulsing even greater at points as the denizens of the internet world jack in and out. Just like in the Battle Network titles certain designs will scroll along the backdrop to add to the cybernetic motif. Wire frame looking cubes and designs will scroll diagonally into the bottom left corner, morphing as they do. Behind the players is also a large labyrinth of cybernetic pathways and roads that lead into homepages and other networks. An endless view of cybernetic networks leading to other areas an "cities". In front of some of the homepages security cubes can be seen blocking the road from leading into those pages. Little Mettaur and Bunny viruses will scamper about on the roads causing mischief behind the scenes. Megaman.EXE's pals such as Roll.EXE, Gutsman.EXE, Protoman.EXE and Glyde all make small cameo appearances along the internet road in the background.

Stage Example:

..............._____w_____

_w_________..........._________w_

Stage Name: The Internet
Stage Icon: Chip

-Tracks-
Megaman Network Transmission - Internet Area
Megaman Battle Network - Title
Megaman Battle Network - Fire Field
Megaman Battle Network 2 - Virus Busting
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Great Battlers
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Shine in the Dark
Megaman Battle Network 4 - Battle Pressure
Megaman Battle Network 4.5 - Fighter's Soul
Megaman Battle Network 5 - Battle Start!
Megaman Battle Network 5 - Nebula Gray
Megaman Battle Network 6 - Two of Braves
Megaman Battle Network 6 - Surge of Power
Megaman Operation Shooting Star - Starforce Megaman

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well guys, here it is, the concept I have been promising for awhile now. Luckily there are not very many, if any, spoilers in my concept. What even remotely might have been I left in a spoiler box at the end. So those who might not have played the game just yet should not have to worry too much. Still read at each one's own discretion, but I am just stating there will not be anything outright that will ruin any of the experience (I hope).

Coming from Skyward Sword is the bright and colorful city of Skyloft! Floating above the sky this city is the home of the remaining humans separated from the land below. The winds gently blow above as the winds carry the Loftwings and their riders.

The battlefield of the town is set on the Central Plaza deck furthest to the front next to the lighthouse. All of the city can be seen in the back from the houses, Beedle's shop floating in the air, the bazaar, the goddess statue, and on. Characters from the city will walk along the back. Throughout the sky you will see famous locales such as the Lumpy Pumpkin and other notable islands albeit obscured by the distance blur effect. Other details such as the pinwheels blowing in the constant wind will further enhance the experience of the level. Loftwings will soar in the sky as they and their riders are carried by the winds. Groose and his gang make small cameos as they pass along Skyloft in the air. Even Link's crimson Loftwing will be seen resting inside Skyloft at points on the deck background.

Where this stage begins to take it's liberties is below the stage will be islands that extend the stage farther below. All ledges on the islands are able to be grabbed along with the main stage. The island to the left along the bottom is actually an extension of the city that wraps along the bottom. However, these islands are not always safe... Occasionally between the gaps of the islands a common sky tornado will form, cutting off the rest of the islands momentarily. Jumping into the tornado will throw the character helplessly which could be dangerous if thrown far away or at an angle. So even though no damage is done there is no indication of where each careless character may wind up...

At points throughout the stage the goddess statue will alight and beam light towards the Thunderhead. The clouds will part from the Thunderhead for awhile exposing the Isle of Songs and Levias. After a small amount of time the clouds will begin to gather and form again, concealing both once more. Other times the statue will rumble as the S****ep extends below the dirt.

This level takes the beauty of Skyward Sword and wraps it into one large stage.

Stage Example:

...._______....
..__..........__
......_._...____

Stage Name: Skyloft
Stage Icon: Triforce

-Tracks-
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Skyloft
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - The Sky
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Fi's Theme
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Moldarach
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Levias
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Battle with Ghirahim
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Stalfos ~ Mini-Boss
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Bellum
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Overworld
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - The Hidden Village (Brawl)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Ocarina of Time Medley (Brawl)

Hopefully there were not too many spoilers. I tried to limit what I felt were the most spoilerish to the black box, but that may not have been enough for everyone. If that was the case I apologize. Hope everyone enjoys the concept.

10 brave kirbys

Smash Rookie
Characters seem to have 2 stages sometimes one's unlockable and one's not. I think they should make Pufftop (the castle in the sky that Starfy lives in ) unlockable stage because it's the bonus stage in the legendary starfy. also if you know stapy her real name in the legendary starfy is starly starfy's big brother

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Could you tell me what you think of this stage concept?
Stage Concept: Vivosaur Island Park Area

You are fighting in the park area of Vivosaur island. It is a balanced stage with walkoffs, and a slight raises and floating platforms. But the most important feature is a large pillar on the left hand side with a Tyrannosaurus Fossil in it. On occasion, a lightning bolt will hit the pillar and revive the tyrannosaurus, who will sit in the background, causing various effects a la spear pillar, including but not limited to: Fire pillars, Random fires, fire breath and earth quakes. He may even jump on to the stage and start stomping around himself. he will eventually leave.
Key:
__= Solid Ground
--= Flip through platforms
""= Empty air.

______
______""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
______-----"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""------""""
______""""""""""""""-----"""""""""""""""__________

Songs:
Fossil fighters Main Theme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqni_2G7ypU
Fossil Battle:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVSUq...f=results_main
BB Boss Battle:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD8cw...el_video_title
Dynal Battle:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j6Gc...feature=relmfu
Guhnash Battle:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHORr...feature=relmfu
Level-Up battle Final (Probably the best song in the game):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPizh...feature=relmfu
Level Up battle Preliminary:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTegr...feature=relmfu
1st Battle:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHIe...feature=relmfu
Richmond Building:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn0fX...f=results_main
Digadigamid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ0-A...f=results_main
Nick-Nack's Theme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_MEk...f=results_main

I'd include some Fossil Fighters Champions elements if I could.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Probably some more description would help me visualize your idea better, or you could throw in a picture too. It seems well, but I am not a big fan of stages that incorporate Spear Pillar like hazards. Just my personal taste.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I haven't had enough time to play Skyward Sword, but I would definitely play that Skyloft.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: I haven't had enough time to play Skyward Sword, but I would definitely play that Skyloft.
Glad you like it. Glad to hear any opinions really. It seems like my updates are becoming less interesting. Which is alright, but I enjoy hearing the feedback so as to spark discussion.

Thinking about redoing my Rainbow Road concept to bring it more in line with Mario Kart 7. I have some new ideas.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Well I have finally completed Kirby's Return to Dreamland which means it is time for my inevitable stage concept! Now, one thing to keep in mind about this stage is since we will likely be losing Green Greens in the next game (as Melee stages will likely not return) we are going to lose that field Kirby stage. Luckily this game will change that. Cookie Country is the next locale Kirby that will be showing up alongside the inevitable Kirby's Epic Yarn stage.

What to say about this stage? Well, just like in the game the background is filled with an array of bright, colorful natural settings. Trees run alongside the coast of the glistening blue waters of Popstar, large rounded mesa like structures are scattered throughout the backdrop, rainbows are strewn throughout the sky and long wisps of clouds are carried by the wind. Other objects such as the leaf windmills and waterfalls can also be seen in the distance. Popstar's colorful setting is all on display in this take on Cookie Country. Small cameos in the backdrop of the stage will be the giant Waddle Dee mechs that will traipse along the pathways in the back, Whispy Woods along with other enemies.

The stage itself is simple and has a striking resemblance to Green Greens in ways. In the center of the stage lies a elevated plateau of land that harbors two platforms. To the left and right exist two other land masses that are separated by a hole between them and the center land. On the outside of those two land masses are water that lead off into the KO boundary. Between the land masses leading to the elevated center are empty areas that will fill with, you guessed it, star blocks, and the occasional bomb block. As star blocks fall damage can still be dealt, but unlike Green Greens the blocks only reach a set height which is a little under center lands height. There is a temptation to think that this is all there is to the stage, but that would not be the case... During set parts into the battle a mysterious star shaped hole will rip open above the stage as the Lor Starcutter passes along the sky, causing a massive black hole to form. The stage will rattle and lose color as the players are warped into another dimension.

The background is suddenly filled with strange, alien patterns that swirl about the back; wireframe and other odd polygonal shapes. The water outlining the borders of the stage is not pure empty blackness, allowing each character to suddenly be able to be KO'd towards the bottom. Not only has the land changed, but the star blocks as well. They are now concrete and cannot be destroyed while in the other dimension. Having one fall down on a character will also yield higher damage. If the center holes are filled with concrete star blocks the little collections on both sides will begin to bob up and down as this strange dimension begins to have adverse effects on other parts of the stage.

After so much time in this alternate dimension it will give way for the familiar land of Cookie Country. Another opening will appear and send the players back to familiar lands. Switching between the two will be approximately a fifty seconds into a match and last about thirty seconds. Enough for a standard two minute match to see at least one transformation. Outside of the star blocks there are no other hazards besides the water.

Stage Example:

....................... .._..._
........................_______
++++_____.◘◘◘.............◘◘◘._____++++

Stage Name: Cookie Country
Stage Icon: Warpstar

-Tracks-
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Cookie Country
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Main Menu 2
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Cracker Chamber
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Looming Darkness
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Boss Battle
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Grand Doomer
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Vs. Magolor
Kirby Mass Attack - Tank Boss
Kirby Super Star Ultra - Masked DeDeDe
Kirby's Dream Course - End Credits
Kirby's Dream Land - Green Greens (Melee)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - Forest / Nature Area (Brawl)

This stage goes in conjunction with the other new Kirby stage, Fountain Gardens from Kirby's Epic Yarn. As well as the return of The Halberd as a stage. Quite simply this stage adds something new while carrying on the spirit of an old friend.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good job on all of these concepts, especially the Cookie Country and Boxing Ring one! Most of these stage ideas may already be available on the game when it comes out. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Coming straight from Rhythm Heaven Fever is the mini-game known as Built To Scale. There are a lot of ideas about how a Rhythm Heaven stage should or could be implemented, but all of the ideas I have run across all share the fact they are too complex. In addition to this I did not want to make this stage a clone of WarioWare, nor do I think it is all that likely either.

Built To Scale is a mini-game that is present in all three Rhythm Heaven titles, however, it was a little different in the first title. Large red rods bounce back and forth in rhythm to the music until a piston like objects propels them forward into a hole in between two squares that meet in the center. If this is hard to follow just watch this video.

Now enough of the background, let's move onto the stage. The stage itself is centered on a large green platform similar to the one in the photo above. A rather flat, unassuming stage with the only other platforms available being piston like structures bordering the outside of the stage to the left and right. The individual cubes comprising the stage do gleam different colors at times throughout the stage, a small effect that gives the stage more vibrant atmosphere. A gimmick to the stage is occasionally the piston platforms along the side of the stage will fire at squares along the background. Being on this platform as this action happens will result in a KO...

The background of the stage is like a Rhythm Heaven factory filled with cameos that all move in rhythm to the background music. Pistons fire rods into squares in synch to the background music, large mechanical claws screw heads onto little robotic bodies, a monkey holds the hand of a large clock as it high fives other monkeys rising out of holes bordering the clock's rim, an office resides above the stage in the background within this green factory and a pig spins in it's chair as it looks out the window. All of these cameos come together to breathe life into the stage and reinforce the Rhythm Heaven theme as each part moves according to beat. Think of the stage like Tick Tock Clock from Super Mario 64, except the trigger for the tempo is allocated to certain BGM that play.

Stage Example:

.....PP....__________....PP....

Stage Name: Built To Scale
Stage Icon:

-Tracks-
Rhythm Heaven DS - Built to Scale
Rhythm Heaven DS - Love Lab
Rhythm Heaven DS - Space Soccer
Rhythm Heaven GBA - Remix 6
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Ringside
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Remix 4
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Remix 7
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Karate Man (English)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Karate Man (Japanese)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - I Feel Fine! (English)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - I Feel Fine! (Japanese)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Credits (English)
Rhythm Heaven Fever - Credits (Japanese)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Ahh, now I bet this stage comes as a surprise. It is the Sanderson's living room from Chibi Robo! The vintage 1960 American household style gives this stage a very old school feel. Mr. Sanderson sits on the sofa, watching the small fighters engage in battle on his coffee table. I think any reasonable person would be interested. Mr's Sanderson walks about doing miscellaneous housekeeping related tasks while little Jenny plays with her toys on the floor. Poor Tao the dog is locked outside, but he does not seem to mind as he has Sophia, a dog toy, to chew on.

The arena is none other than a giant coffee table in the middle of the living room. The characters size reflects the game, much like in Distant Planet for Pikmin. In the immediate backdrop of the main platform dishes and papers are on the table. Doesn't look like Chibi Robo has gotten around to the table yet. Telly floats back and forth around the stage in the backround. Just watching as everything on the battlefield unfolds. From the angle of the living room the background consists of a sofa, the kitchen to the left, a clock on the right, and the door the the backyard straight in the back. For those who have played the game it will give you an idea on how the stage looks. Spiderbots will drop from the ceiling every now and then and land onto the floor, crawling about. This should not pose too many problems unless one of them falls onto the coffee table... All the way to the left is a chair that acts as an island of sorts akin to early Yoshi's Island and Saffron City. Jumping into the chair will give the characters some extra height when they jump. Fluffy mattresses will do that.

Sometimes the Sanderson's will get up and leave the house. Turning off the lights in the room, darkening the room as a result. This won't do much other than affect the lighting. Don't worry though they will come back shortly and proceed to turn the light back on.

Stage Example:

.....--__--.........------------------........

Stage Name - Living Room
Stage Icon - Sparkplug Head

-Tracks-
Chibi Robo - Chibi Robo
Chibi Robo - Funkmaster Flower Training
Chibi Robo - N Wing Specialist
Chibi Robo - Go! Space Hunter Gicchoman
Chibi Robo - Final Confrotation
Chibi Robo - Night Play
Chibi Robo - Labyrinth Plumbing
Chibi Robo - Staff Roll
Super Scope 6 - Blastris A
Excitebike World Rally - Track Editor
Doshin the Giant - Time
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Hangover Blues

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This was supposed to be completed a long time ago, I blame finals for that. For those of you who have not played Kid Icarus: Uprising just yet, I would probably advise you to look away right now. For those who do know, or do not care for a few spoilers, feel free to proceed.

This stage takes some major themes from several of the chapter’s in Kid Icarus: Uprising. I like to call this little idea the Heavenly Flight. This is where I get to exercise a little more creative liberty.

For those familiar with Chapter 17 of the game the setup is similar to the second part of the chapter, except with that good ol’ fashion Sakurai twist. Three large platforms are carried by centurions through the air. The middle platform is the primary stage platform and is carried by large grunt centurions, with two platforms on the left and right as smaller, optional platforms carried by smaller centurions. What do I mean by optional? Well, one of the dynamic features is that a player or background enemies (more on that below) can inflict damage to the centurions, causing them to lose grip of the chains attached to the platform. It is imperative to get off of either platform when this happens as they will plummet out of the sky, KO’ing any unfortunate player still aboard. The main platform, obviously, cannot be dropped. The stage itself is relatively easy to understand with no real frills apart from random death drops. Now it is time to move onto the background.

As mentioned earlier this stage takes visual cues from a little of every chapter in Kid Icarus: Uprising. The voyage begins in the realm of Palutena’s Temple, and once the centurions line up to grab their respective slab of rock the platforms descend through the clouds to the land below. Soaring through the skies capture the nature of Uprising, not only that but what would a stage be without cameos? Random Underworld enemies float above the sky aimlessly until the players break through below. Trailing along the skyline of the sea will bring you to That First Town and other ruinous constructions from the multiplayer stages. On the ground you can see some of Viridi's Nature Army as they tend to a stationary Reset Bomb Depot. After a brief foray above the ground the centurions will carry the players high above the sky near the stars to reveal a distant passing Space Pirate ship and Aurum armada. In the sky the ominous Lunar Sanctum hangs beside the natural moon, and after one last glimpse at the stars the stage descends back into the clouds below a terrible rift opens in the sky. The Chaos Vortex swirls with all of its bizarre absurdities as the players are lead to the Underworld. Once in the Underworld the army of the Underworld buzzes about in the backdrop doing their villainous duties. The stage passes over Medusa’s Temple in an attempt to escape the red stained keep, but every area carries the presence of its lord. Finally, a way of escape through a tunnel which leads back into the sky (it’s a game after all) and from there the centurions regroup at Palutena’s Temple to recover from their harrowing ordeal before setting to the skies once again. Each trip covers a two minute time span, enough for one two minute match to go through one cycle.

The obvious stage hazards are the falling platforms. As the stage goes past the two various armies of the game they can attack the centurions. So it pays be attentive.

Stage Example:
..........________
_____................._____

Stage Name - Heavenly Flight
Stage Icon - Bow

-Tracks-
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Kid Icarus Uprising Theme
Kid Icarus: Uprising - That First Town
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Magnus' Theme
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Boss Battle
Kid Icarus: Uprising - The Reaper's Line of Sight
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Dark Pit's Theme
Kid Icarus: Uprising - In The Spaceship
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Palutena's Temple
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Thunder Cloud Temple
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Lightning Battle
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Aurum Island
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Dog's Theme

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oh my god, this thread has WAY too much to take in... and it's pretty amazing for it.

I would so love to see the Sunset Shore as a stage in Smash 4, only because of the lighting effects. Imagine seeing silhouettes of your characters, with only their clothes being visible. Yeah, I'd say that stage would be really amazing to the point where - assuming there are no game-breaking hazards - everyone will probably want to choose it as a starter. Goodness knows I would.

Geothermal Power Plant also seems like a good idea. I mean, for starters, it seems like a fun idea to throw around with lava rising or something. Assuming Ridley ever does become playable in Smash 4, this would be the perfect stage for him (unless they somehow have the lower depths of Norfair as a stage). Also, I believe Other M needs more love. Probably the least liked game in the Metroid series, I still believe it deserves some credit as an actual chapter in Samus's life (still didn't like the game showing her as a crying child upon seeing Ridley though).

Top Bottom