• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Meowth: 30%
While he's one of my waited characters for Smash Bros 4, I think his chances seem kinda low due him not being much popular and demanded. Besides, many might anger up ( a little) about 1st gen getting too much representation.
He though is one of the iconic PKMN characters left, and would be unique and kinda versatile.

I'm wanting him despite his low chances (4) , ya might never know if he gets to be extra-lucky...

Toon Zelda & Sheik: 10%

It was good that these two were cut, making Zelda her own clone (with a toonified Sheik, what?) would again ruined the uniqueness of already good character.

Sorry, but I'm against them. (1)

x5 Vaati

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Meowth 25%

Tetra/Toon Zelda 40% I don't see her having all of Zelda's specials though

nominations
new gen PT 5

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Meowth: 20% I would want him, but I want to have different pokemon reps get in over him (Mewtwo). My want is a 2.

Toon Zelda: 20%. I would rather have her over Tingle or Ghiram for a fifth zelda rep, but I don't really want a fifth zelda rep. My want is also a 2.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
School started today, so expect less activity from me. For this post, I just want to be quick.

Meowth - 30%

Meowth mainly suffers from competition - a 5th-gen rep, Mewtwo, and many other potential Pokemon candidates are all just as likely if not more. In addition, the first generation already has a lot of love with Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pokemon Trainer; I don't see any other first-gen character other than Mewtwo as likely at this point.

I have nothing against the little guy (although I do have fond memories of him from the anime), but there's nothing that makes me support him either. Neutral

Toon Zelda/Tetra - 35%

Toon Zelda/Tetras' chances are helped by at least Toon Zelda's Forbidden Seven status if not Tetra as well and their relative significance in the cel-shaded line of Zelda games.

However, the concept of Toon Zelda/Tetra screams the potential of being mere clones (which I feel was Sakurai's true intent for them), and with Tetra seemingly finished in the cel-shaded games with her exclusion from Spirit Tracks, I don't see the pair as likely as this point.

Oddly, though, I don't mind the pair being in SSB4 unless they stole the slot for a more worthy character. Neutral (3)

Nominations:
Kanan x5
Sukapon x5

Predictions:
Prince Sable - 20%
Bubbles - 30%

D

Deleted member

Day has ended. Getting the next day up as soon as possible, hopefully around 10:00 PM CST.

D

Deleted member

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Would you like to do a re-count starting after E3 2012/2013 trailer? This means that after the trailer gets revealed, this thread is closed and the reboot is on the inevitable sub-forum.

Meowth was hit in the head with a head-banging 22.67% and lost his golden coins but his 3.56 in deserving score convinced him to try to find it.

For some reason, Toon Zelda was not able to transform into Tetra after receiving a seriously unimpressive 24%. Her depression were further exacerbated by her very poor 1.89 in deserving score.

JavaCroc was the closest to predicting both Meowth's and Toon Zelda/Tetra's score. He wins ten more nominations today. Give a round of applause for him. *applause*

Up on deck are Prince Sable and Bubbles. Poll ends at 9:00 PM CST. On-deck are Slime and Vaati. You may predict what they get tomorrow.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Prince Sable: 11%
Bubbles: 10%

predictions:
Slime: 25.5%
Vaati: 29.3%

nominations:
Palutena x5

and I say definitely for the reboot after the trailer, on the condition that a link is posted here :p

I think we should narrow our voting to one character a day so we can stretch it as far and close as possible to that point to the E3 trailer. We won't make it that far, but doing two characters a day quite literally halves how long this project will continue. We still have a good 100 characters worth or who deserve to be voted on, but 100 days will get us 50 days closer to the two phases crossing paths than the alternative.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Prince Sable~ 3% For the Frog the Bell Tolls is just... SUCH an unknown franchise. We're talking about a moderately successful JAPAN-ONLY gameboy game. Adding Prince Sable wouldn't be fan service like other retros like R.O.B., Ice Climbers, or Pit. It's just an obscure retro for the sake of adding an obscure retro. Want Level: 1

Bubbles~ 11% Now, Clu Clu Land is at least slightly notable. However, it only fairs slightly better than For the Frog, as it's not one of those classic NES games. Bubbles himself wouldn't add much as a character, we're looking at another spherical character with nub feet and hands, much like Kirby or Jiggs. So if he's not bringing in a unique move-style, isn't popular, AND doesn't have a classic game. Want Level- 1

Predictions:
Vaati~ 30%
Slime~ 43%

Nominations:
K.K. Slider x3
Rawk Hawk x1
Sukapon x1

@SSBF
I'd say definitely, the entire world of Nintendo can change in a few years. Characters like Jiro, Ghirahim, etc. can become more and more relevant, and the announcement of new titles is huge.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Prince Sable - 5% Want lvl - 1

Bubbles - 10% Want lvl - 1

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Prince Sable: 35%

In veins of what I said of Meowth, he seems quite unlikely- though at the end, I'm quite supporting him to make some sort of appearance in SSB4. (His game's quite full of personality and charm)
Playable might be a stretch to dream about, but at least an Assist Trophy-role for Prince Sable would be enough for me.
(-lwl-)

I want him to be part of SSB4 somehow, playable (which I don't mind) or Assist Trophy. Trophy won't be bad, but the better roles would make him more interesting. (4)

Bubbles: 15%
Sakurai cut her up by saying that she can't really fight. I'd wish to see him trying otherwise, but I guess it would end up being kinda angering for fans. Despite what's going against her, I'm wanting her for same reasons as Sable, save the trophy issue. (Assist Trophy would be better.) (4)

Clu Clu Land all the way!

x3 Palutena
x2
Bomberman

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
*applauds self* :awesome:

Prince Sable - 15%

Prince Sable is from an obscure, Japan-only one-game "franchise" called For the Frog the Bell Tolls - I've listed most of the factors against Sable right there. If Sakurai allows for more Japan-only characters in SSB4 (since he's said he wants to limit their appearances), I think he'll choose someone vastly more significant to Nintendo and gaming such as Takamaru or Lip over this mostly forgotten character.

The only saving grace for Prince Sable and his frog form is his moveset potential (switching between prince and frog forms).

I wouldn't mind them, I guess, not knowing much about them. Neutral

Bubbles - 20%

Bubbles fares better than Prince Sable with his game being a worldwide release. In addition, his trophy and rumored consideration as a playable character in Melee show that Sakurai is at least aware of him.

However, as Barbasol said, Bubbles doesn't rank among other classic NES games like Duck Hunt or (in Japan, at least) Mysterious Murasame Castle. In addition, there's just not a whole lot of potential behind a moveset for him.

Again, I have nothing against Bubbles. Neutral

Nominations:
Deoxys x10
Kanan x5

Predictions:
Vaati - 20%
Slime - 50%

D

Deleted member

PaulKagebin said:
I think we should narrow our voting to one character a day so we can stretch it as far and close as possible to that point to the E3 trailer. We won't make it that far, but doing two characters a day quite literally halves how long this project will continue. We still have a good 100 characters worth or who deserve to be voted on, but 100 days will get us 50 days closer to the two phases crossing paths than the alternative.
Sounds like a good idea, especially with dwindling activity and less important characters to rate, but I want to see if others are okay with this.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wouldn't mind a restart once we hit E3, but it's up to you. Also, doing one character a day will bore me to tears. That's my imput. I didn't vote today because, even though I like these characters, they're really boring.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I'm also kind of opposed to one per day. Then it really drags out.

In all realism, I think that we should take into account that this could always wind down for a while, too. Eventually we'll get into the Primids, Goombas, Brute (Halo 3) status. Let's be realistic, too much of a good thing, is bad. I'd say, go two at a time, and when we start to scrape the bottom of the barrel, end round one, and start it back up when the first trailer comes out.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I have decided to keep going on to two characters a day for round one. Keep in mind that it will be reduced to one character a day for Round Two, especially since after E3 2012/2013, to ensure this goes on until the game is released. I don't want to do this, but I don't want to run out of options so quickly either since the 2nd round will likely last 1.25-3.25 years.

Also, day has ended.

D

Deleted member

Prince Sable did not rescue the princess due to his low score of 13.80%.

Bubbles missed a pool and went flying to the street, losing 13.20% of her health.

Both were unwanted at 2.25.

PaulKagebin wins ten newcomer nominations. Give a around of applause for him!

Up on-deck are Slime and Vaati. Poll ends at 9:00 PM CST. On-deck are Palutena and Dark Samus. You may rate what both get tomorrow.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Kaptain K. Rool

Kaptain K. Rool is King K. Rool's pirate brother, who appears in Donkey Kong Country 2.

*laughs*

. . . . .

*shoots Sakurai*

Let's try this again, shall we? After being humiliated by a mildly-******** gorilla and his little buddy, K. Rool fled back to his homeland and developed dual personality disorder. Some time later, he returned in a pirate captain costume and kidnapped that useless landlubber Donkey Kong, demanding the Kongs to give him their bananas in exchange for DK's return. If one is afraid they've got something to lose, they'll do what you tell them to do, yes?

Unfortunately, this principle of fear didn't apply to the Kongs, who ventured to Crocodile Isle and eventually rescued their impressively overrated ruler. However, Kaptain K. Rool didn't go out without a bang...he put up quite a fight not once, but twice in the game, utilizing his personal blunderbuss to pulverize the Kongs over and over before finally succumbing. As with pretty much everything in DKC2, including music[/URL], Kaptain is often regarded as the fan favorite K. Rool costume in the trilogy.

~ ~ ~ Statistics ~ ~ ~

Size: 10
Weight: 10
Fall Speed: 9
Aerial Movement: 4
Traction: 3
Jumps: 2
Movement: 2

I want anyone who's surprised about these statistics to raise their hand. No one? Precisely what I envisioned. K. Rool sacrificed his royal agility when he adopted his Kaptain persona; he's much slower in both attack and movement speed than he was as a King. What, did you expect him to have "comboing prowess" and "an amazing follow-up game"[/URL]? Come on...I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night. On the contrary, K. Rool has absolutely no means of approaching opponents due to his sluggishness, but this doesn't faze him in the slightest. All he has to do is get his opponents to come to him...whether they want to or not.

~ ~ ~ Specials ~ ~ ~

Neutral Special - Blunderbuss Shot
If you didn't see this coming a mile away, you live under a rock, deep in a cave in Africa. K. Rool launches a Soccer Ball-sized sphere of awesomeness off the blast zone at Captain Falcon's dash speed. K. Rool has .4 second startup and end lag when firing; during the startup, K. Rool can angle his big black balls in any direction. By holding the input, K. Rool can fire consecutive shots, spaced fairly close together. Opponents will have to time spot dodges to avoid a barrage of kannonballs, as they put quite a dent in shields. Individual kannonballs deal a decent 9% and moderate set vertical knockback upon contact.

Side Special - Icy Cloud
Oh, but you knew K. Rool isn't limited to kannonballs, of course. Here, K. Rool launches a blue cloud, with size identical to that of a kannonball, but a slightly faster movement speed. If K. Rool shoots a cloud after a cannonball in a barrage of projectiles, opponents will have trouble dodging them both. Firing off a cloud takes as long as launching a kannonball; K. Rool can angle these blue beauties as well.

Characters hit by the cloud take 5% and turn a blue tint, as they're frozen in place for a second (or longer, if they fail to button-mash their way to mobility). They take full damage from attacks, but no knockback, as they're stuck in place. You probably didn't need me to tell you all that...However, it may interest you to know that if a cloud hits a character's shield, they are frozen in the shielding position...with their shield still out and slowly deteriorating. Add a couple of shield-breaking kannonballs into the equation, and K. Rool's got a mighty prone target to suck right up to him. Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself...

Down Special - Suction
K. Rool fires up his blunderbuss, creating a suction effect in a thin straight line, extending off the nearest blast zone. He can hold the suction however long he wishes. The suction pulls opponents toward the gun at a speed slightly slower than Dedede's Inhale. Foes running against the suction are barely slowed down at all (although they are pulled in while spot dodging or shielding). K. Rool can angle his suction in any direction while holding it out; if a character is on a platform above him, K. Rool has the ability to suck them off.

Although this is one of K. Rool's fastest moves, with minimal lag on either end, it isn't an attack at all. The suction doesn't pull foes into the gun or anything really tacky like that. Foes are just pulled right up to K. Rool himself. Since K. Rool can't approach for the life of him, he can right back on his arse and pull foes into his range before attacking...too bad his attacks aren't actually competent at melee combat. It -might- be a good idea to break their shield so you can actually get something done when you pull them to you. Merely pulling in opponents who are spot-dodging cannonballs or shielding will only land K. Rool in deep swamp water.

Up Special - Rocket Gun
K. Rool points his blunderbuss down after .45 second and fires a thick stream of flame, propelling him upward at Mario's dash speed. He has up to three seconds of controllable flight time before he starts to fall. K. Rool can either let it out all at once, or hold it in and release it in short spurts. While in flight, K. Rool can cancel the move into his aerials, before starting the rocket again and using its remaining fuel; considering many of his aerials are traps, he may well need this move to get up there and set up, as his jumps are laughable at best. He may also use the rocket to flee to a new part of the stage if necessary. Touching the gun's flame deals 8-9% and spikes foes lightly.

~ ~ ~ Grab-Game ~ ~ ~

Grab - Bullet
K. Rool fires out a Deku Nut-sized metal pellet with .35 second startup lag. His bullet travels across the stage at the speed of Fox's lasers, dealing 3% and variable stun to characters it hits. At 0%, characters take .25 second of stun, while at 100%, they lag for a full second. The lag, no matter how long or short, leaves them open to a projectile barrage to some degree. The bullet damages shields rather nicely, but not as well as the heftier kannonballs. That said, opponents do not want to shield these pellets; rolling or spot-dodging is preferable, although if K. Rool sends out some black balls or clouds while they do so, you may be in trouble.

~ ~ ~ Standards ~ ~ ~

Jab - Particle Blast
K. Rool fires a Wario-sized cloud of particles two Bowsers forward at Captain Falcon's dash speed, after .4 second (angle during this time). It deals 17 stunning hits of 1% to characters it hits, the last of which puts characters in their dizzy state. Due to the cloud's pathetic movement speed, characters cannot spot dodge it; if they try, they'll just get caught up in the later hits of the move. You know what that means, right? For the mechanically-challenged among you, opponents must shield, before spot-dodging to clear the cloud.

They could try shielding the entirety of the cloud, but the multiple hits of the move eat away at shields nicely, making K. Rool's job in shattering the shield even easier. He can still pull this off on a character who shields and dodges, but it'll take longer to do so. If you have this move launched at you, you'll want to make it a priority to dodge; it's damaging, and the last hit allows K. Rool to pull in victims easily.

Dash Attack - Emergency Jet
K. Rool points his gun backward and propels himself forward at Mario's dash speed with his flame jet, after .55 second startup. Characters who collide with K. Rool take 10% and knockback that KOs around 150%. He'll be using this move most often to jet to a safe new position from which to continue camping, seeing as how his regular dash will never be sufficient at doing so. K. Rool can jet as long as he wishes, stopping at edges automatically; cancel the move early by dodging or trying to turn around.

Forward Tilt - Sluggish Cloud
K. Rool fires a red cloud with statistics identical to his icy cloud. Opponents who hit this cloud take 3%, and move in slow motion for three seconds, as if they were screwed by a Timer. Along with temporarily removing the option to combo K. Rool with fast moves, the cloud forces characters to hold their shield out longer, by increasing the ending lag of dropping their shield. If they try dodging, say, your jab, they'll avoid the hits alright, but it'll take around a second for their shield to dematerialize. This gives K. Rool plenty of time to spam Neutral Special, or use an icy cloud to lock their shield in place even further.

Down Tilt - Dust Wave
K. Rool uses his gun as a rocket to propel himself up a minute distance for .45 second (gaining brief super armor), before slamming down and sending a flat Squirtle-sized shockwave of dust along the ground. The dust travels half of Battlefield at Diddy's dash speed, slowing down as it reaches maximum range before vanishing. K. Rool can tap A after the initial input to slam down again, with slightly less lag, to send out consecutive waves. Characters who hit the dust take 10% and are knocked back a fair set distance.

This move won't KO until extreme damage levels, but it still serves K. Rool well by spacing characters away from him nicely. As you know, he can't build any damage whatsoever at close range, and must rely on projectiles to get the job done. If an enemy is in your face and lacks the damage to be KOed, K. Rool can pull this on them to knock them back into kannonball range. At a distance, characters can easily spot dodge the waves; however, after a shield has been whittled down so as to not cover a character's lower half, K. Rool can blast them regardless of their defense, due to the low hitbox of the dust.

Up Tilt - Mystery Mist
K. Rool expels a white cloud the size of two Bowsers above him after .35 second. He controls both the cloud's vertical and horizontal movement. After being fired, the cloud travels up at Ganondorf's walk speed. K. Rool can tap left or right on the control stick to stop the cloud's ascent and move it horizontally in that direction at the same speed. K. Rool can move his cloud virtually anywhere on the stage without moving anywhere himself, although he is vulnerable until he stops the cloud.

K. Rool can press A to stop the cloud at any time while it is out; this causes it to become an obscuring obstacle for thirty seconds. K. Rool has various traps he can place in the air to move foes to where he wants them; obscuring them is generally helpful so they are clueless as to how to react. He has no limit to the number of clouds he can place onstage; placing multiple mist clouds next to each other causes them to merge into a single cloud.

~ ~ ~ Smashes ~ ~ ~

Forward Smash - Gun Butt
K. Rool brings the muzzle of his gun back for .75 second, before slamming it forward with stunning force. His ending lag is comparable to Dedede's U-Smash; this is the last move you'll want to throw out on a whim. You'll only really want to use it to KO opponents at close range. Yeah, K. Rool's melee range is nothing to sneeze about. However, his KO potential sure is; this Smash deals 26-29% and knockback that KOs foes around 95-80%. Be sure to shatter a shield before sucking your victim to you and F-Smashing them out of the park. K. Rool can usually shatter a shield in one clean hit with F-Smash, but foes are much more likely to break free before he actually attacks than if he uses a kannonball.

Down Smash - TNT Barrel
K. Rool fires a TNT barrel to the ground a character width in front of him, with .5 second startup lag. This creates an explosion hitbox double Bowser's size; this deals 23-27% and knockback that can KO from 105-90%. Although not as powerful as F-Smash, this is a faster choice that retains a great deal of KO power. Along with blasting opponents forward, the force of the explosion pushes K. Rool back half of Battlefield (not damaging him) over .3 second. Characters who hit his sliding body take 10% and knockback that KOs at 150%. K. Rool can blast back an opponent whose shield he's broken, then slide back and place mist clouds in a new location...or space from attackers in an FFA.

Up Smash - Mist Eruption
K. Rool points his gun to the skies, blasting three white clouds upward at the same time, in an arc the length of two Bowsers. These clouds travel upward three Ganondorfs before vanishing, expanding in their arc as they go. K. Rool has minimal startup lag here, but must wait until the clouds vanish before becoming mobile...unless he presses A to stop the clouds in place for thirty seconds. The clouds' size depends on charge time; they vary in size from that of Bowser to that of 2.5 Bowsers. K. Rool can use these clouds in tandem with those from his U-Tilt to create a misty menace in the sky. Characters have no way of telling what he's left up there for them to discover.

~ ~ ~ Aerials ~ ~ ~

Neutral Air - Reverse Gas
K. Rool expels a Bowser-sized cloud of purple gas around him with .45 second startup lag. The cloud hovers around K. Rool for a split second before vanishing. Characters who come into contact with K. Rool are pushed in the reverse direction of their momentum at the instance of contact with a slight footstool effect. Should a character shorthops into the cloud, they'll leap up about 1.5 times their regular jump height, while if they jump regularly, they'll fall back toward the ground. If they are moving in from the left or right, they'll be pushed back in the opposite direction.

K. Rool can force opponents away from him in any direction while fleeing with Up Special. More importantly, if he unleashes his reverse gas into a cloud of mist, the mist absorbs the gas, causing the whole cloud to take on its effect. Characters will now have to stay on the ground, lest they leave themselves vulnerable to K. Rool's projectiles. And this is just the tip of the iceberg in what K. Rool can do to his mist clouds.

Forward Air - Wind Storm
K. Rool fires a stream of wind the size of a crouching Dedede in front of him with .45 second startup lag. The stream stays onstage for fifteen seconds before fizzling out; characters who enter the gust are blown forward at the speed of Dedede's Inhale. K. Rool can situate himself in front of a stream of wind to take advantage of any characters who jump into it. That said, make sure you place the wind inside a mist cloud so characters -actually- jump into it. Two streams of wind can be onstage at a time.

Back Air - Arctic Gas
K. Rool turns around and fires a bit of arctic gas, with .45 startup lag. The mist deals 5% and freezes characters mid-animation, identically to Side Special, but at a very close range. K. Rool won't actually want to use this as a melee attack, though; if he fires the cold stuff into a mist cloud, it mixes into the hazy blur. Characters who jump into an arctic cloud of mist take 3% per half second, and have a 25% chance of freezing each time they enter it. If K. Rool has a large quantity of mist concealing both reverse and arctic gas, any character who shorthops into the gas and is propelled up high takes some nice damage and has a chance of falling back down, vulnerable to projectiles.

Up Air - Flickering Gas
K. Rool shoots a flickering Wario-sized cloud of gas upward with .45 second startup lag, dealing 5% and pushing opponents up a set distance. He can space from opponents in the air whenever he's rocketing around up there. K. Rool can also shoot the flickering gas into a cloud; if the cloud contains reverse or arctic gas at the time of impact, the effect will begin flickering in and out every second. For every additional U-Air K. Rool fires into the mist, this interval will be halved. There is no visual cue to the effect going in and out, which can prove to be a major thorn in opponents' sides. Not even taking D-Air into consideration, that is. . .

Down Air - Gas Blast
K. Rool expels a Wario-sized cloud of gas that hovers beneath him for half a second. Characters who come into contact with this cloud take no damage, but are pushed back with 1.5 times FLUDD's force. The move itself isn't that noteworthy, but that's not to say the move is unimportant as a whole.

Although this cloud doesn't stay onstage, this move has identical lag and the same sound effect as all of K. Rool's other gas-based aerials...if he unleashes this in a misty area, opponents may be fooled into thinking he actually placed a cloud in the mist, and stay on the ground as a precaution. If K. Rool uses an aerial in his mist, they have no way of knowing unless they jump up to find out. Oh, and at close range, when K. Rool is trying to escape with Up Special, he can stop rocketing for a second, push away interfering enemies with D-Air, then continue fleeing. Just be sure not to fall victim to that -awful- landing lag.

~ ~ ~ Final Smash ~ ~ ~

Final Smash - Kerozene

K. Rool fires a signal into the air, before rocketing off the screen top, Up Special style. A split second later, up from the bottom blast line rises Kerozene[/URL], a monstrous dragon Kremling 1.5 times Giga Bowser's height, with an armspan the distance of Final Destination. He resides in the background, and wreaks quite a bit of havoc on the fight.

By tapping B, Kerozene breathes a controllable infinite stream of fire down to the ground, dealing many, many hits of 2-3% to characters. The fire racks plenty of damage on victims, and also drags characters down to the stage to keep them out of the air. Tap A for Kleever for pull out a Kleever sword from below the blast line and slice it across the stage instantaneously, dealing 25% and knockback that KOs around 75% to anyone sliced down. Finally, by tapping Down B, Kerozene pounds his massive fists on the stage, dealing 10% and a second of stun to any grounded character, as well as 30% and knockback that KOs around 65% to anyone who comes into contact with his actual fists. After fifteen seconds of madness, a shot is fired offstage by K. Rool, calling the beast away, as his master rockets back down to continue fighting.

~ ~ ~ Playstyle ~ ~ ~

Now, you may be thinking that K. Rool can just function as a normal heavyweight. K. Rool can still bash foes around just fine, but for damage-building, he must use his comboing prowess...

Oh, sorry, just got caught up in nostalgia there a little. Now, onto the real playstyle. K. Rool absolutely cannot fight at melee range. His only non-projectile melee moves that aren't invalidated by lag are his D-Tilt and his aerials, which -can- become too laggy if K. Rool lands mid-move. Regardless, it is essential that K. Rool fight from a range. Fortunately for him, he has all the necessary tools to build damage and KO without even getting off his arse. Typical heavyweight male antagonist...

That said, K. Rool's KO moves are all laggy in the extreme. It is of utmost importance that his opponent is immobile before K. Rool lands the finishing blow. That said, K. Rool is equipped with plenty of stunning, shield-breaking material. By combining these with his damage-building projectiles, K. Rool can easily overwhelm opponents in the blink of an eye...er, maybe a bit longer than that, considering the lag he has on his projectiles. Although K. Rool is potent with his projectiles, they are not unbeatable by opponents. There may come times in which opponents break through your barrage, and you'll be required to rocket to a safe location, as you're fairly limited in spacing options.

This may not always be a bad thing, however; while making an aerial-escape, K. Rool can make the skies a living hell for his enemies. While sitting in place, K. Rool can place a cornucopia of mist clouds into the sky fairly quickly with U-Tilt and U-Smash, preferably all next to each other so they meld into one cloud. As he flees, K. Rool can use his aerials to place a variety of effects on the cloud(s) he's made. While mist is already troublesome enough on its own, all the effects he adds can easily convince opponents to stay grounded and in the range of his projectiles. If K. Rool sets up his N-Air, F-Air and B-Air traps properly, opponents will either fall back toward the ground or K. Rool in a stunned state, or push themselves back up into the air, taking damage from the arctic mist. After setting up traps, he can even use D-Air alone a few times, keeping opponents grounded out of their own fear.

Anyways, let's touch on that projectile game a bit. K. Rool's go-to projectile is obviously his kannonballs. Neutral Special builds damage reliably and fairly quickly, and is a great shield-breaker to boot. The fact they can be aimed aids in landing them immensely, and if K. Rool needs to, he can stun opponents with a 'grab' bullet before firing away. If you scare opponents onto the ground with your aerial traps, they will nearly always spot-dodge to clear kannonballs; in a barrage, the projectiles break shields quickly, and opponents cannot roll to dodge a kannonball without being hit by another. K. Rool can throw an icy cloud into the mix with Side Special; due to the cloud moving at a faster pace than kannonballs, opponents will often be unable to spot-dodge a kannonball and a cloud back-to-back.

Freezing an opponent is your best option with which to build damage. Once an opponent is immobile from Side Special (or B-Air mist they've stupidly jumped into), spam kannonballs to rack up that damage without even knocking your opponent away. Once they break free, you can repeat the process as you see fit. When you're ready for the KO, start aiming for that shield-break. Send out a cloud of particles with your jab; opponents cannot spot-dodge the long-lasting, damaging cloud, and must shield before spot-dodging to clear the whole cloud. This is your cue to send out Side Special and F-Tilt clouds, to both slow the rate they drop their shield and freeze it in place. Once they're stuck shielding, blast away with kannonballs to shatter their defense mechanism.

Now is the time to whip out that Down Special. Suck opponents dizzy from the shield-break up to you, then put to use F-Smash or D-Smash, which finally become viable on stunned characters. Breaking opponents' shields is by far K. Rool's best option to put to use prior to KOing; shield-broken opponents stay stunned quite a bit longer than frozen opponents, and are also actually knocked back by attacks. K. Rool will want to build enough damage prior to executing this tactic, to ensure his opponents don't become mobile while they're in death's jaws. Remember, K. Rool cannot fight at close range. As long as he keeps opponents grounded with fear-mongering tactics, before forcing them to bow to him with projectile ruthlessness, K. Rool can overcome his shortcomings without too much exertion. Once again, typical heavyweight male antagonist...

~ ~ ~ Match-Ups ~ ~ ~

Against Victreebel - 65/35
The difference between character preferences is clear right off the bat in this match-up; K. Rool can only play from a range, while Victreebel wants opponents right up next to him so they can get in his belleh...er, wrong set...belly, as soon as possible. What's problematic for Victreebel is that K. Rool doesn't mind lazing around on a small, secluded portion of the stage for long periods of time. The voracious plant's various stunning traps are less effective against the Kremling Kaptain as a result. Victreebel's best bet is to enlarge himself early on, then devour K. Rool as he comes down from his aerial set-up. However, Victreebel's growth just makes him a bigger target for K. Rool's various projectiles.

Against Toxicroak - 35/65
Toxicroak is best off at forcing opponents to play at melee range, something K. Rool absolutely loathes. Using his great jumping abilities and aerial approaching methods, Toxicroak can get in K. Rool's face before he can lay out his aerial traps, and pepper him with fast attacks, getting a lead with poison damage before K. Rool can do so much as blink. K. Rool can try aiming a projectile upward to knock Toxicroak toward the ground before starting a barrage, or stun him early on with Side Special or grab. However, he has trouble keeping space between himself and Toxicroak, and the poison damage he may take doesn't help matters. K. Rool has trouble placing aerial traps against Toxicroak, and therefore cannot keep him on the ground, where his projectiles work best. To stand a chance at winning, K. Rool must immobilize Toxicroak as soon as possible and not slip up during his damage-building or KOing phases, which is easier said than done.

~ ~ ~ Extras ~ ~ ~

Up Taunt - Polish
K. Rool pulls a rag out of his coat and polishes the muzzle of his blunderbuss.

Side Taunt - Golden Belly
K. Rool opens his coat a little more, exposing his golden belly, before pulling it shut again.

Down Taunt - Dress Up
K. Rool pulls his golden crown from DKC1 out of his pocket, removes his pirate hat, and places the crown on his head. After eying it for a split second, he tosses the crown away carelessly, and returns the pirate hat to its rightful place.

Entrance - Invasion
A pirate anchor drops from the sky, presumably lowered from one of K. Rool's airships. The Kaptain slides down the anchor, holding his blunderbuss in one hand. He shakes the stage upon landing, as the anchor is pulled off the top blast zone.

Victory Pose #1 - Soot Shot
K. Rool tries firing off his blunderbuss in celebration, but it ends up back-firing, just like in his boss fight, covering him in black soot with only his eyes blinking out.

Victory Pose #2 - Weapon Whirl
K. Rool spins his blunderbuss around twice, laughing evilly, before slamming its muzzle into the ground and gazing at the screen.

Victory Pose #3 - Costume Change
K. Rool laughs about his victory for a while, before becoming bored of his pirate attire. He runs offscreen, and his pirate clothes are seen being tossed onscreen as he sheds them for his next disguise. What might it be?

Victory Theme - Duel Death
The unused hero death music[/URL] is played whenever K. Rool overcomes a lightweight female protagonist, or a less awesome villain.

Loss Pose - Unimpressed
K. Rool leans against his blunderbuss, clapping sarcastically and rolling his good eye from time to time.

10% to both

For Vaati, because of competition for a Zelda slot (and questionable need for one), plus lack of relevancy, popularity, etc.

For Slime, because of questionable popularity for a third party slot...slots aren't going to be doled out to the largest companies not represented (such as Square Enix) for the sake of getting them represented...it will take something "more" to stand out as a third party possibility, and I don't see Slime as having that something.

D

Deleted member

I'm giving Vaati a 12.5%. I absolutely cannot see him getting in.

Slime

I would love to see Slime in as a playable character. He's the next best choice for a 3rd party rep (the best being Mega Man) and if Mega Man is revealed at E3 2012, my support will shift immediately to Slime. I really Want to see Slime in this, which will go up to Deserving if Mega Man gets in and a fourth slot is created.

Now this one I want to talk about it's chances. Slime is the mascot of the incredibly popular Dragon Quest series, which is absolutely huge in Japan and is still popular worldwide. Not only it is huge, it has resulted in a few spin-off games with Nintendo, including the upcoming Fortune Street for the Wii. Nintendo has also gone the extra mile to help localize Dragon Quest IX for the DS, a significant thing that shows that Nintendo and Square Enix have a positive relationship with each other. Not only that, Slime seems to be a popular request in Japan, possibly even beating out that of the Blue Bomber, which is incredibly impressive. So I have faith in his inclusion.

However, a few things keeps him down below Mega Man in chances. The first is that if Sakurai looks out west, his chances goes down considerably. While a popular choice in the East, Slime is not nearly as accepted in the West, which could make Sakurai and Square Enix think twice about put a rep in as the only popular choice out here is Mega Man. There's also the fact he is a third-party character, which by default hurts him.

Looking at what he's got going for him and against him, Slime could very well make the cut as a playable character. However, lack of Western popularity and being 3rd party could very well keep him off.

48%

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Slime - 25%

It has popularity in Japan but lacks it in the west, hasn't really been requested in the past (I looked at the Melee/Brawl poll results), it has competition with argueably more popular and requested Square Enix characters,

While like any character it has a moveset potential, does it really fit into the world of fighting games, Nintendo, and Smash Bros?

"I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game.
This is what I think holds him back the most.

Vaati - 30%

He is the second most recuring Zelda Villian, but his best chances were in Brawl where he was still relevant, the best I can see for him is as a SSE boss. Want Lvl - 3.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Slime - 45%: I'll give him that extra bump just in context of third party characters.
Vaati - 10%: Ghirahim will be more likely than him at this time.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Vaati~ 26%
+ Quite Popular in the Brawl days
+ One of the few recurring Zelda villains, edging out Zant and Ghirahim

- Unlike Skull Kid, his games aren't some of Zelda's most iconic.
- Competition from other Zelda reps.
- Possible We won't see any new Zelda reps.

Want Level- 3

Slime~32%
+ Immensely popular in Japan
+ Other recent crossovers with Nintendo
+ Mascot for series
- Not widely desired in West
- Seen as a generic enemy

Want Level- 2

Predictions:
Dark Samus- 37%
Palutena- 27%

Nominations:
Doopliss x5

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Slime - He's cool, and a majorly cool character who is very popular in Japan. This being said, his star power doesn't expand over the world like Sonic and Snake does. This isn't that bad, but when he has someone like Black Mage who does translate throughout the world, I think we have a better choice on our hands. I give him a 15% in likelyhood. Want is 3

Vaati - Is one of my favorite villains. I love his look. But, he's been passed up for more important Zelda characters. He just isn't likely. 8% in likelyhood. Want level is 4

Prediction:
Dark Samus 25%
Palutena 35%

My votes go to Kananx3 and New Pokemon Trainer x2

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Slime: 59%
Slime seems quite popular in Japan, but many those not knowing Dragon Quest would hate this fella to death, saying there's more deserving 3rd Party's.

I'm neutral on this guy's inclusion. (3)

Vaati: 45%
They might dig him up for representating a Toon Zelda-series' most recurring villain akin to Black Knight from Fire Emblem. Besides, I love this guy very much, one of my most favorite villains who I won't mind be in. (4)
He would use power of wind mostly, and maybe use also his dark powers to turn into that gigantic eyeball form. (-lvl-)

Not nominating now, instead I'll predict:

Dark Samus: 20%
Palutena: 40%

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Vaati - 10%

Vaati lost his chance in Brawl - simply put. He's now lost his relevance, significance, popularity, and... well, almost everything going for him.

The only factor helping his chances is if Sakurai wants a new Zelda rep and looks at Brawl's popularly-considered characters among fans, in which case Vaati has a better, but still slim, chance. But I doubt this is happening.

I have nothing much to say about him because I don't know much about him. Neutral

Slime - 40%

Slime's chances depend on the possibility of a fourth third-party slot, which really depends on who takes a third slot as a third-party character. I can only see a fourth slot if a "trailer reveal" new third-party character is a popular choice, with Megaman being the example.

If we do then get a fourth third-party slot, Slime is tied with Professor Layton as the most likely fourth rep. The Dragon Quest series is now closely tied with Nintendo in both it's history and it's modern releases - and has even crossed over with the Mario series in some of the Mario spin-offs, particularly the upcoming Fortune Street. Based on this, one can say Square Enix has a strong relationship with Nintendo, which I see no evidence against. In addition, Slime has so far been the most popular suggestion for a fourth third-party character.

So in conclusion, Slime has a decent chance to take a third-party slot in SSB4.

I think Slime would be a great, deserving addition to the Smash Bros. roster, although I'd prefer seeing him paired with Chocobo and I'm generally open to any character for a fourth third-party slot. Deserving

Nominations:
Slime & Chocobo x5

Predictions:
Dark Samus - 20%
Palutena - 70%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Vaati: 16%
Slime: 24%

predictions:
Palutena: 41.9%
Dark Samus: 22.5%

nominations:
Matthew x5, Travis Touchdown x5, Animal Crosser x5

D

Deleted member

Darn it, forgot to end it today. Will end this one tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM CST.

D

Deleted member

Day has ended. Trying to get the next day up as soon as possible...

D

Deleted member

Vaati gets 18.94%, Slime gets 34.25%

Have to go, will announce winners later.

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc wins five nominations as does Barbasol, unless of course I was wrong.

Palutena and Dark Samus are being rated. Poll ends tomorrow at 8:00 PM.

:phone:

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Palutena ~22% The less likely Kid Icarus newcomer, it is worth nothing it's very likely we won't see a new KI character. Especially after he was criticized for adding way too many Kirby elements to Brawl, Sakurai is bound to watch his step the next time around.

Dark Samus~ 50% The embodiment of Metroid Prime, Dark Samus is a very important character to the series, and main villain in the Prime series. People tend to overlook DS for Ridley, but Dark Samus is still the most important villain after Ridley and Mother Brain.

Predictions:
Black Mage~ 11%
Kanan~ 11%

Nominations:
K.K. Slider x7
Sukapon x2
Slime & Chocobo x1

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Palutena - 50%

What props Palutena up to the "decent" range in terms of chance is Sakurai's revival of the Kid Icarus series and her previous appearance in not only Pit's Final Smash, but in Adventure Mode (pretty much the only cameo appearance Nintendo character we got) and as a trophy, which means Sakurai took much notice of her during Brawl's development and will likely look at her again if we get a new Kid Icarus rep. In addition, although it's not as fascinating as what Medusa would be capable of, she has decent moveset potential that can revolve around holy, god-like powers.

What keeps her chances down, however, is she isn't as popular as Medusa for a second KI spot, she probably doesn't have as much moveset potential as Medusa (the reason she's second to Medusa in popularity) and a new KI rep isn't all that likely in the first place (although it's certainly plausible).

Palutena could be an interesting new KI rep, although I prefer Medusa. Neutral

Dark Samus - 25%

Dark Samus has lost much of her relevance now that the Metroid Prime sub-series is (presumably) behind us, and considering her trophy description in Brawl, Sakurai may not think of her as much better than a Samus clone. Also, the Metroid Prime series didn't prove very popular in Japan, Sakurai's own homeland, which lowers his chances moreso. In addition, most importantly, Ridley should (and would) get in before we get Dark Samus.

To be honest, given that I don't see a third Metroid rep happening, I only expect Dark Samus if Sakurai can't get Ridley in, badly wants to expand Metroid, and then makes Dark Samus as an easy semi-clone to Samus.

However, I support Dark Samus if we get Ridley too for the following reasons. Metroid is completely deserving for three reps, and she has wild moveset potential. Need somne proof? She really does have wild moveset potential. Most of her moves in the Metroid Prime series are unique only to her; her Phazon shield, her ability to form Phaxon columns out from the ground, her ability to clone herself, her ground-based energy wave attack, and more. Let's not forget how unique a substance like Phazon would be if used in a unique combination with her moveset as a gimmick. Here's a link to a possible moveset for her involving Phazon as a core gimmick, and here is a link to a Wikitroid article on Dark Samus, which includes a complete analysis on her abilities.

I would list many other reasons, but I lack the time. I support Dark Samus. Deserving (5)

Nominations:
Pokemon Rescue Team x10
(From the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sub-series)

Predictions:
Black Mage - 40%
Kanan - 25%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Palutena: 49%
Dark Samus: 15%

predictions:
Kanan: 13% (why are we doing Kanan before Elza?)
Black Mage: 29.3%

nominations:
Matthew x5

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Dark Samus Basically, the only way I see this character getting in is as a major clone. Despite what we all know, Sakurai clearly sees anyone who is visually similar to another character a good candidate to be a clone. Dark Samus is probably one of the more important characters in the Metroid department, so I see this character as a possibility, just not very likely. 20% chance

I want her, so she gets a 4

Palutena Is a little bit more likely than Dark Samus, to say the least. Medusa, and to a lesser extent Magnus are going to put up some competition though. Between the two of these characters, I figure she's been beat. We have the lame Magnus who Sakurai probably loves. And then we have the super cool Medusa who the fans loves. This leaves Palutena at the bottom of the barrel. But hey, she's ahead of Eggplant Wizard! I give her a 45% in likelyhood.

I wouldn't mind if she got in, soooo 3

Kanan - 23%
Black Mage -20%

My votes go to New Pokemon Trainer x2 Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x2 and Mona x1

(why are we doing Kanan before Elza?)
She's the main heroine of her game, all around cooler than Elza (IMO) and is the face of The Last Story. Similar to Pikachu.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Palutena - 65%

She's the least likely KI newcomer, but having been redesigned like Pit for Brawl gives me a good feeling of her chances due to Sakurai's bias, not to mention she's been in every KI game since the beginning including the Western only GB game,

Unfortunetly with Medusa also having the villian status and the fact that we don't know how she will act in Uprising lowers her chances, I give her a 5.

Dark Samus - 50%

While she (is it a girl?), anyway, she has a good amount of fan popularity, more than likely won't turn out like a clone, and unlike Ridley and his size, there is really nothing that should keep her out, except for Ridley's popularity, I give her a 3.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
She's the main heroine of her game, all around cooler than Elza (IMO) and is the face of The Last Story. Similar to Pikachu.
I definitely agree on her being much cooler than Elza. I just hadn't checked up on plot details of The Last Story as much as Xenoblade Chronicles, so I'd been under the impression she played second fiddle. There's been a couple of articles of the cast (with some beautiful artwork) since the last time I checked. I'm pleasantly surprised to know she's equally or more important.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I definitely agree on her being much cooler than Elza. I just hadn't checked up on plot details of The Last Story as much as Xenoblade Chronicles, so I'd been under the impression she played second fiddle. There's been a couple of articles of the cast (with some beautiful artwork) since the last time I checked. I'm pleasantly surprised to know she's equally or more important.
I've seen some gameplay videos of Last Story for research on Kanan's moveset, and much of the story (that I've seen, at least) revolves around her character and her relationship with the protagonist Elza. For example,
I've seen gameplay of Elza needing to guide Kanan out of the city to safety, since she's not supposed to leave Ruli Castle
. So I can confirm that while she's not the playable character, she seems to be the figure of the story.

Plus, I can now confirm her moveset would consist of holy magic-type attacks thanks to research, which gives her the potential to be something unique. She only has three attacks of her own in the game, but if necessary, she can use some of the spells Elza's other companions use.

D

Deleted member

Palutena gets a 60%. Most important character in her series which helps her out a lot, but lacks the popularity that Medusa has or potential Sakurai biasness, though since Magnus seems to be a non-major character, that hurts Magnus's chances a lot.

Dark Samus only gets a 15%. The only reason why she may get in is because I can see her as a quick clone for Samus to give Metroid a second rep and a lame excuse for no Ridley in Smash, despite having great move set potentials. The Prime sub-series is finished and she missed her best shot back in Brawl, not to mention has lost a lot of popularity among fans. She is Unwanted for me.

I predict 21.22% for Black Mage and 14.96% for Kanan.

x10 Ghirahim

jaap

Smash Cadet
Palutena gets 35% from me. I'm quite neutral with her (2.7).

Dark Samus has less of a chance, would indeed be little bit of a copy. I'd say 10% and unwanted (1.2).

Edit: Oh, and nominate Resetti x5.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Palutena: 30%
I kinda wonder how she'll play like, also her battling against Pit sounds somewhat... well, I know there's Mario and Peach/Link and Zelda... but... I still think it's kinda wierd, until it's a friendly battle.
Medusa also seems to be more ahead from her. Magnus again... duh.

Palutena though could be good helper for Pit in some form... Well, I wish they won't just keep her being able only to appear by Pit's Final Smash, she could do more better than that! (-l,l-)

I'm neutral on her inclusion- (3)

Dark Samus: 10%
I don't think she's important enough to be there with Samus, until they make her a clone (which would be again kinda stupid).
Metroid Prime could be representated in some other way, Dark Samus would be kinda ruined if she was in SSB4.

I'm unwanting her (2)

x5 Demille

Top Bottom