• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Java, Jiro may one day be popular, but as of right now, he isn't. And I really don't see him being nearly as Iconic as R.O.B or Pichu. Pichu just has the numbers on his side, but you don't need me to tell you how big the Pokemon series is. He would be lucky to make it to Isaac status.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Five newcomer nominations! *applauds self and looks below at foolish mortals* :awesome:

Also, let me get this right, SSBFan: we now have ten nominations for newcomers now that veterans are nearly finished?

@Shortiecanbrawl: Well, who knows. Many, if not all, modern franchises of Nintendo came randomly out of the blue, and now they're popular and their characters are even requested for Smash Bros. Maybe The Rolling Western will become a running series, or maybe not. No one can predict that now.

King Dedede - 100%

Do I really need to list the reasons? Deserving (5)

Mike Jones - 15%

Mike Jones's biggest issue can be summarized in four words: not found in Japan. Mike Jones's games have remained exclusive to Europe and the United States, and since Sakurai's homeland and much of his inspiration is in Japan, this brutally slashes his chances down.

However, I think Mike Jones would be a worthy retro candidate. He's had two separate, individual games; more than Ice Climbers or Takamaru have. Although he shares some similarities to Ness with his baseball bat, psychic powers, and yo-yo, he also has other items and abilities that can keep him completely unique from Ness. In addition, he seems to me to be one of the more popular retro character suggestions here - although considering it's mostly limited to the United States, it probably doesn't mean much.

I think he'd be a cool retro rep. Wanted (4)

Nominations:
Slime & Chocobo x5
Midna x5
Balloon Fighter x5

Predictions:
Dr. Mario - 20% (as a character, not costume)
Jill Valentine - 10%

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Dedede is 100% guaranteed. I don't think I need to list the reasons why he'll be in the next Smash. Most likely all the characters with original movesets (some are iffy in my opinion though) will return regardless if they're Sakuria's characters or not.

I did my research on this Mike Jones, and found out he starred in two game: Star Tropics, and its sequel Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II, both released in the 90s and on the NES. I also found out his first game was only released in North America and Europe, and his second game was only released in North America (It was released on the Virtual Console in Europe a couple years ago though). This alone greatly decreases his chances. I think that unless Sakuria holds a poll in Europe and/or North America, or Sakuria decides to look at country exclusive games outside of Japan, he has no chance.

10%
As I haven't played his games I know nothing about his powers, personality, ect. So, to be fair, I am neutral (3) on his inclusion.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
King DayDayDay: 100%

Mike Jones: 12%

It's so saddening that since all his games are mostly American+European-only, he might not get any attention. Until Sakurai decides to take a look American's preferations or or we get him as our exclusive character...

Wanted. (4)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
King Dedede - 100%

He was from Sakurai's series, he was supposed to be in 64, and is voiced by Sakurai himself, he's staying alright,

Mike Jones - 25%

While he could be a sleeper newcomer, there has been little debate or support of him, and seeing how many Japanese only characters we have had I don't think being western only hurts him although the Kid Icarus trophies ignored KI on the GB because they were western only. :p

I give him a 3.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Good work on winning JavaCroc.

King Dedede and Mike Jones are up and poll ends at 8:00 PM CST. You may predict what Dr. Mario and Jill Valentine gets tomorrow. Since veterans can on longer be nominated, Dr. Mario will contribute to five more newcomer nominations as will Toon Link.

King Dedede: 100%. Why would you cut him? He's already in the game the way I see it.
Mike Jones: 6%. Really would only be there for a retro "WTF?" character, and even then there are much better options IMO. Plus he's Europe/North America-only, and that hurts his chances.

Want Level: 3 (Neutral)

Dr. Mario: 10% (excluding an alternate costume option)
Jill Valentine: 3% (she's like the 3rd best character in a series that probably won't ever have a smash bros character)

Nominate:
Mallow (All my votes)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
King Dedede - Pretty much has a better chance than Meta Knight, IMO. So all i can really say is he gets a 97%

Mike Jones - Is a character from a game I've never played. He's some what popular from what I've collected, but I have no idea what he could do. I'm going to give him a random 20% in likelyhood just to be on the safe side.

Doctor Mario 18%
Jill Valentine 9% (Love her, but no one else does)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
King Dedede: 100%
Mike Jones: 24%

predictions:
Jill Valentine: 8.4%

nominations:
Palutena x5

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc said:
Also, let me get this right, SSBFan: we now have ten nominations for newcomers now that veterans are nearly finished?
No it's not that. If you do not win, you still only get five newcomer nominations. It's that starting tomorrow, since no more vets can be nominated, that they will contribute to newcomer nominations. Meaning that if you are the closest to predicting both scores, it will give you ten more newcomer nominations.

Delaying today until 9:00 PM CST.

I give King Dedede 100% and Mike Jones 10%

I predict 13.68% for Dr. Mario and 7.68% for Jill Valentine.

D

Deleted member

Day has ended. Will try to get the next day up by 10:30 PM CST.

D

Deleted member

King Dedede gets a 99.63%, Mike Jones gets a 13.38% and 3.4 in deserving.

Johnknight1 wins five newcomer nominations.

Up for polling are Dr. Mario and Jill Valentine. Poll ends at 10:00 PM CST. On-deck are Toon Link and Kamek. You may predict who both gets tomorrow.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario: 3%
Jill Valentine: 14%

predictions:
Kamek: 11.3%

nominations:
Tetra/Toon Zelda x5

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay yay Jill time :)

Doctor Mario - Is a cut Melee character. He was cut with good reasoning, this is without a doubt true. The only reason I see him coming back is to be a costume. As a full fledged characer, I'm going to give him a 10% just because, hey, he was planned for Brawl at one point. I'm a fan of the Doc, but I don't really want him to return. He gets a 2.

Jill Valentine - I'm probably the only one here who likes her, and thinks she would be an awesome Smash character. She has two games coming out on the 3DS. More than any other Capcom character. With this said. She's third in line to Megabland and Ryu. That's a pretty big list. Plus, we have people who ignorantly (and incorrectly) believe that Guns/Knives couldn't be used in good taste or keep the game rated T. While I would argue to check out Wesker and Chris in MvC3, some people just are stupid. Her likelyhood is a Biased 10%. I would give her an eight, but I want to let my fanboy out to play. Umm, I love her so duh. She gets a 5!!!

Toon Link: 87%
Kamek: 16%

I vote 2 for Kanan, and 3 for New Pokemon Trainer.

I still don't get if we get ten votes or not? If so, just double my votes.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Doc: 15%

Well, at the end, Sakurai added him because of mere request for Mario's alternative costume which at end became a clone character due the " fireballs not fitting for Dr.Mario to shoot out".
I wish Sakurai though would get serious with puzzle representation, which lends us Lip at the end, since her series were more long-running that Dr.Mario's.

Jill Valentine: I don't think Nintendo wants to take these horror series to be representated, it would raise the rating of Smash Bros to Mature. (-l-l-);

Also, I don't think Resident Evil has much impact on Nintendo-consoles these days, maybe there's two title coming to 3DS but still.

I give 10%. Also, due her series being horror series which can be harmful for smaller audiences, she might be too serious to be representated in Smash Bros, so I'm against her. (1)

Nominating:

x2 Kamek
x3 Prince Sable

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Her likelyhood is a Biased 10%. I would give her an eight, but I want to let my fanboy out to play.
Since I don't want to allow too much bias, I'll take the eight.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Doctor Mario - 2%. He could be original, although that would be trying too hard IMO on someone that really doesn't matter. Keep him as an alternate outfit. My want level for him is a 2.

Jill Valentine - A good character, for sure, and she is great in MvC. However, I think Chris and Leon are better suited, especially since Leon appeared in RE4, which was a lifesaver game for the Gamecube. Also, I really don't see a Capcom character that isn't Mega Man getting in. I give Jill 2% of getting in. My want level for her is a 3 (neutral).

Predictions:
Toon Link: 95%
Kamek: 15%

Nominate:
Toon Zelda/Toon Tetra (x5)

Barbasol

Smash Ace
The Doctor Is In! Out. ~4% Dr. Mario is a classic example of roster padding, he's the sort of character that would be the PERFECT costume swap, rather than a whole other character.

Doc is highly unlikely to come back, as he's an off-shoot character, not to mention he'd be yet another similar character. Especially taking variety into account, Sakurai will know we have Mario and Luigi, who are similar move-wise, and Wario who is similar is appearance.

Jill Valentine ~6%
One of Resident Evil's starring characters, Jill Valentine is a moderately popular character with little relevance to Smash Bros. There are far more relevant and popular characters who are requested. If Sakurai were to approach Capcom, it'll be for Megaman, not a generic human who uses guns.

Prediction
Toon Link 79%
Kamek 19%

Nominations
Doopliss x1
Rawk Hawk x2
Dark Samus x2

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario - 15%

The only good factor in Dr. Mario's chances is his status as one of the Forbidden Seven. Few people missed him for real in Brawl, the reasoning behind his inclusion as a clone in Melee just isn't that great, and while he could get a unique moveset, it's not really worth spending time in unless you really want him back.

I did like Dr. Mario in Melee (he was my 2nd main), and I would love to see him as an alternate costume for Mario. However, we're rating characters. not costumes. As a character, he doesn't need to come back, although I suppose I wouldn't mind him too much. Neutral (3)

Jill Valentine - 8%

Jill mostly suffers from competition. Megaman, Ryu, and Leon Kennedy are examples of more likely Capcom combatants than Jill. In addition, requests for her are nearly zip, with Shortie being the only true supporter of her I know. Her chances are simply poor.

Since I don't know much about her having not played a Resident Evil game, I'm not against or for her. Neutral (3)

Nomintions:
Toon Zelda/Tetra x5
Dark Samus x5

Predictions:
Toon Link - 80%
Kamek - 20%

D

Deleted member

I give Dr. Mario a 10% and Jill Valentine a 5% for reasons above. Honestly, they're just sooo unlikely to occur.

Predict Toon Link to get 62.80% and Kamek to get 18.33%.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dr. Mario - 25%

He is a veteran, and was found in the hacked Brawl data.

Jill - 5%

We all know how a Capcom character would play out, Megaman - Ryu - then maybe Jill, either way a 3rd party character is still very unlikely, I give her a 1.

D

Deleted member

"Shortiecanbrawl said:
I still don't get if we get ten votes or not? If so, just double my votes.
Only if you win nominations. If you have won none, you will have only five. It's just that since all vets are finished up, all nomination additions for now on will be for newcomers, making the ability to have up to fifteen nominations possible without having to be absolutely perfect, just being the closest.
Dr. Mario - 25%

He is a veteran, and was found in the hacked Brawl data.

Jill - 5%

We all know how a Capcom character would play out, Megaman - Ryu - then maybe Jill, either way a 3rd party character is still very unlikely, I give her a 1.
Do you mean all third-party characters in general or just Jill Valentine? Not that I'm going to debate with you or anything.

That said, day has ended. Will get the next day up by 10:45 PM CST.

D

Deleted member

The Doctor had to call in sick as he was infected with a virus of 9.89%.

Jill Valentine went in the dark, rumored to have been killed by zombies due to her 7.44%.

Up are Toon Link and Kamek. Poll ends at 9:30 PM CST. On-Deck are Meowth and Toon Zelda/Sheik.

That means that there will be no more veterans after today. All future candidates will be newcomers.

Edit: Forgot to do this, but Johnknight1 wins five newcomer nominations for being the closest to predicting Dr. Mario's score and I wind five newcomer nominations for being the closest to predicting Jill Valentine's score.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Toon Link~ 66% Toon Link is the second incarnation of our Link Alternate. We had Young Link who was based on Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, now we have Toon Link, based around Wind Waker, Four Swords, most handheld games, etc.

There's A LOT of uncertainty of what may happen here. We could see a Young Link return, the arrival of a Majora's Mask based 'Mask Link', Wolf Link, or even a total removal. Considering Dr. Mario's cut, it's not out of the question. With Skyward Sword basically combining the art styles of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, could Smash 4's Link take on this look, and if so, would a Toon Link be justified?

That much uncertainty means a low prediction ranking. Want Level 2. I'd rather not have two versions of the same character (I know I want Paper Mario, everyone's a hypocrite. XD) That said, Toon link has a lot of moveset potential, like a minish cap, or Four Swords final smash. So I don't hate the character, I'd just rather see the resources spent elsewhere.

Kamek~ 33% Kamek's one of those long running characters who, if featured a couple more times, would be a no-brainer addition. If the Yoshi series was going strong, with releases like it was five years ago I'd say, yeah probably. Unfortunately for Kamek, he's stuck in limbo between being a main villain, and being a boss battle plot-device. While he's been more plot significant than Toad, Bowser Jr. or Waluigi, he doesn't get a lot of attention from Nintendo for it, and as such, is relegated to being a minor character.

Want Level 5- We don't have a wizard, really. The closest is Zelda. Kamek could use a lot of cool magical attacks, and give us a fantastically unique moveset.

Predictions:
Meowth~ 28%
Tetra~ 14%

Nominations:
Doopliss x4
Dark Samus x1

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF

I just ment most any 3rd Party character is not very likely even Snake and Sonic, just because Brawl had them doesn't mean SSB4 will have them for sure just yet.

Toon Link - 65%

Kamek - 38%

He is the next best choice for a Yoshi rep, but I doubt his inclusion, his best chances are as an AT. I give him a 3.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Toon Link: Is a cool cat. He has tons of weapons, and is really adorable. But with his departure from the spotlight, I don't exactly know if he will come back in the form of a young Cell Shaded Link. I can definitely see Young Link taking his place, what with OOT3D, and MM3D in discussion. He isn't completely written off thoug, if Sheik has taught you one thing, it's that one shot deals can make an impact. I suppose the question is did he make an impact in Sakurai's mind? To me, he's just an annoying clone. I give him a 81% in likelyhood. He's deserving, in my opinion, but I don't think his cloney moveset is about to change, so I'm gonna go with a 3.

Kamek: Is another cool cat. This is for sure. He has done a ton for the Yoshi series, and actually shows up in the Main series of Mario everyonce in a while. He's a Magikoopa, so really, he would represent all of his species in the Magic business. Pretty much, he's important to the Yoshi series. . . which is great and all, but, I mean. . . when you're getting beat out Wario's series in terms of amount of games being released/popularity, there's a problem. I give him am honest 23% chance of ever showing up. Do I like him? YOU BET. He gets a 4 out of 5 in my book.

Predictions: Meowth will get 38% and Tetra will get 47%

My votes go towards Kanan x 3 New PT x 1 and Ashley (WarioWare) x 1

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Toon Link has good chance to returning but he have to face Young Link (both got a game between SSBB and SSB4 and both have appear as a playable character in a smash bros game) so who know which one will be in SSB4.
70% chance.

For a second Yoshi's island representation we have:
-Baby Mario
He is not that useful in Yoshi's games: He is Yoshi's health bar, allow Yoshi to run and can use the star to become invincible.
He show with baby Luigi his hammer abbilties in mario and luigi partners in time who is not a Yoshi game but for a two characters in one that use hammers you have already the ice climbers.
Paper Mario is more deserving than him to be Mario's alternative form in SSB4.

-Baby Bowser
He only appear near or at the end of the games, he is the final boss (Yoshi's island and Yoshi's story), a temporary allie (Yoshi's Island DS) and penultimate boss (Yoshi's Island DS).
He will have been a good Yoshi rep.
But he got since the gamecube days a big problem who can be resume in two words: Bowser Jr who is now more know and more important and deserving to the Mario serie than Baby Bowser to the Yoshi's.

-And that leave us with Today's Newcommer: Kamek
He can be considered as the main villain: He is the reason why Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have been separated, He is the one who take care of Bowser during his young days, and his the one who will always be in Yoshi's path as he command the minions, taunt you and make giant boss with his magic abilities.
But never, nope never you have fight him directly in a Yoshi game so we don't know anything of what the wizzard is able to do except he can fly, teleport and can make thing bigger or smaller.
The abillities like his famous spell with his wand are never been show in a yoshi game but moveset have never been a problem for a character (if character like ROB, Fox or Ice climbers can everybody can).
The only problem he have and that can be a really big one is if Sakurai think that Yoshi don't need a second character. But you have to admit that Kamek need an appearance as an assist trophy or boss in the new adventure mode or at least for the love of arceus a trophy.
45 % chance
Want level 5

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Toon Link - 75%

Toon Link represents an entire line of games in the Zelda series, spanning consoles and handhelds at once, although the focus has shifted to handhelds. Given his wide selection of games and abilities from those games, he has the potential to be something unique.

However, he's definitely not safe. If we get Majora's Mask 3DS, Young Link becomes more likely. Plus, being a clone, Toon Link could easily be replaced by another Zelda character such as Tingle or Ghirahim.

I personally like the little fellow, being my third or fourth main, and think he's a more deserving candidate than Young Link or Ghirahim - he's not one-shot, and he's young like Young Link but represents what could almost be considered a sub-series of games in the Zelda series. Maybe he's not as deserving as Tingle, IMO, but at least he wouldn't cause a firestorm to rain upon Nintendo for his inclusion. Wanted (4)

Kamek - 25%

For:
  • Potential for unique, completely magic-based moveset
  • Numerous appearances as major enemy in both Mario and Yoshi games
  • Best second Yoshi rep
Against:
  • The Yoshi series is in hiatus; nothing new from the series since 2006
  • "Stuck in limbo between being a main villain, and being a boss battle plot-device" - Barbasol

I think Kamek would be a cool addition with a completely magic-based moveset. If the Yoshi series is revived any time soon and Kamek becomes a major character in the franchise's newest installment, I might put him as deserving, but since I don't see anything coming out of the series yet, I'll just put him as wanted (4).

Nominations:
Elza x5

Predictions:
Meowth - 25%
Tetra - 25%

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Toon Link: 89%

I'm kinda sure they won't delete him after a while, since it wouldn't make sense to cut him in favor of Young Link. But at the same time, if he won't be getting any new games besides of Spirit Tracks, then I quite doubt he'll appear.

Kamek: 67%

Sakurai could consider him, since he would be unique, and would finally confront Yoshi. I've started to root on him these days, maybe because how unique he is.

x3 Prince Sable
x2 Bubbles

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc, you do not get ten nomination unless you are the closest to predicting a newcomer's score. Right now, you only have five.

Toon Link

It really is a toss-up between him and Young Link. If Toon Link gets more games, he is likely getting in over Young Link, but if not and Majora's Mask is released on the 3DS, expect Young Link to take back his place. Of course there's the 10% neither will be present.

45%

Kamek

I heavily doubt he's coming to Smash. Not very relevant, losing importance in the series, and gets low requests to be playable in Smash. The only Mario spin-off character I see as likely is King K. Rool.

15%

Kamek doesn't interest me, so Unwanted.

I predict that Meowth gets a 28.33% and Toon Zelda/Tetra gets a 21.33%.

D

Deleted member

Day has ended. Getting the next day up as soon as I can, hopefully by 10:30 PM CST.

D

Deleted member

Toon Link made a few misstep in his journey to defeat Toon Ganondorf, but he managed to be 70.14% flawless.

Kamek was not able to succeed in taking Baby Mario from Yoshi, crashing down to a 35.14%. He was, however, given a decent deserving score of 3.83, so he swore revenge.

There are no more vets to be rated. Rating vets again cannot be done anymore unless a reboot happens after E3 2012/E3 2013. All characters to be rated now are newcomers.

With that said, the winner of today are me with being the closest to predicting Toon Link's score and JavaCroc for being the closest to predicting Kamek's score.

Up for polling are Meowth and Toon Zelda/Tetra, which ends at 9:30 PM CST. On-deck are Prince Sable and Bubbles.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meowth: Is pretty much one of my top ten favorite Pokemon of all time. Along with Pikachu, no other Pokemon has shown up in the Anime/Movies NEARLY as much as Meowth has. I mean, he makes Pichu and Jigglypuff look like one timers. He definitely has the Familarity thing down pat. With that said, we are really, really, pressed on Pokemon slots. We have the fifth Generation coming in, as well as a major Mewtwo following making tons of noise. We also have a possible 3rd Gen remake coming out next year (To make it's ten year anniversary just like HG/SS did). So where does Meowth play into this? He sits patiently behind Mewtwo, and is competeing with Deoxys, and even Pichu. He's fighting a battle he can't really win. So, I give him a 20%, and I'm being nice. With that being said, I LOVE MEOWTH~ I give him a 5.

Toon Zelda/Tetra: Is a big step up from "Toon Sheik" that is rumored to possibly be in SSBB. I mean, seriously? Sakurai? Did you just make up a character? Like. . . come one? Now that I got that off my chest, Tetra and Toon Zelda are a possibility, definitely. We have Tingle, and Ghirahim(But not reeeeally) in her way, so she's got decent competition. But she is definitely the most recognizable out of the three. That being said, I don't see the reason for their inclusion. I mean, it's like adding Bowser Jr, or Toad. We just don't need them. I give her a 25% Honestly, she is a 3 for me.

Edit: Wait, if it isn't tetra, than my want is 1, but I think the chances for either are exactly the same

I'm betting Sable gets a 18% and Bubbles gets an 12%

I vote Kanan x3 and Cassandra x2

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meowth - 20%

Gen 1 has plenty of reps already I doubt Sakurai would go for more (except for M2), his best chances were in 64 when he was still relevent in Pokemon outside of the cartoon, while he has some popularity in the anime most of it is gone due to recent lack of appearances and decreasing popularity of Team Rocket too, I give him a 2.

Toon Zelda/Sheik - 25%

All I know is they had data in Brawl, I doubt anyone wants another clone character plus a character no one has even heard of (Toon Sheik WTF?), with more promising Zelda characters including Toon/Young Link, Tingle and the SS villian, chances are low for her to be in, I give her a 2.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Meowth, that's Right! Unfortunately, when 64 rolled around, this classic cat pokemon was passed over for Jigglypuff. It's really quite unfortunate, because Meowth is more popular, and has had a consistant role in the expanded Pokemon franchise.

However, if we're seeing yet another Gen 1 pokemon, it'll be the return of Mewtwo. No doubt about it. Follow that up with demand for new blood like Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect? Not to mention passed over pokemon like Deoxys, Gardevoir, and Darkrai.... Poor Meowth. We loved you. 26% Want Level- 5

Tetra/Toon Shiek Uuuugh, when I heard there was this potential character too I literally face-palmed. I mean seriously? You'd turn away Skull Kid, Tingle, Zant, Ghirahim, Onox, etc... to have ANOTHER toon alternate? Want Level 1.

Probability? Well it was left out for a reason. Toon Zelda isn't the sort of character people are going to applaud; rather, it'd be seen with general disdain at transparent roster padding.

HOWEVER. If it was Tetra herself? It'd be more likely, she has appeared in several titles... So I'll split the distance between Toon Zelda/Shiek and Tetra and give her a 14%

Nominations
Doopliss x5

Predictions
Prince Sable 17%
Bubbles 19%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Meowth: 11%
Tetra/Toon Zelda: 25%

predictions:
Prince Sable: 15%
Bubbles: 16%

nominations:
Palutena x3, Matthew x2

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
meowth -20% just a lot more better choices

toon link-85% as much as I hate the idea of two links his inclusion is almost set in stone

D

Deleted member

Meowth

There really isn't any great 1st gen characters anymore other then bringing back Mewtwo with a new move set. Meowth is okay, but not exactly a fantastic idea. Neutral

If we get a 1st gen newcomer. Meowth is almost definitely going to be it (assuming of course Mewtwo's return doesn't count as one) and he's easily the most likely newcomer. There has been a pattern going in which we get two newcomers every game, one for 1st gen and one for the latest gen (except of course the original when we only had the 1st gen). Continuing this pattern would finally make Meowth playable. He's also very important to the Pokemon series, having appeared in most episodes of Pokemon and all movies.

That said, he is probably not getting in due to facing massive competition which he has little advantage in and lacks popularity to get into Smash. These are two reasons why I do not expect him to make the cut.

30%

Toon Zelda/Sheik

A clone of Link is bad enough, do we seriously need a clone of Zelda/Sheik? Since I am against more clones with the exception of giving Black Shadow's Ganondorf move set to make Ganondorf unique, given their likeliness to be clone, they should stay out of the next installment. I am Against their inclusion.

The only reason why people support their inclusion is because of the Forbidden Seven. That's it. Everything else goes against them.

20%
toon link-85% as much as I hate the idea of two links his inclusion is almost set in stone
We're talking about Toon Zelda/Tetra, not Toon Link.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Meowth - 30 % - Neutral

I like Meowth; however, with competition from the fifth gen Pokemon, he really has a small chance at this point. He should have gotten in Smash 64; however, Jigglypuff made it in instead and at this point, Jigglypuff feels more like a staple to the series. Unless Jiggs leaves, I don't see Meowth making it in (though still possible). However, I admit that he does have an important status to the other Pokemon.

Toon Zelda - 35 % - neutral

She may have made it in Brawl; however, SSB4 is now a clean slate for any Zelda newcomer. She still has a chance considering her popularity and would probably be an easy character to make. However, she may have competition from future potential Zelda reps...

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Meowth
Good points:
-He is the rival of pikachu,
-He almost appear in each episode and in all movie,
-Best pokemon for representing the bad guys of the game,
-He is also the most deserving 1 gen pokemon who have never been playable in a smash bros game this far,
-Meowth get two mention in brawl days, one in the dojo it is say about Meowth "It’s considered a major Pokémon" and the other in his thophy in game who say "It's one of the most famous Pokémon", the only other pokemon who get a mention like this is Deoxys in the dojo "this one is popular".

Bad points:
-Each generation of pokemon his chance got lower as he need to deal with most recent and most poppular pokemon. By now he have to compet with: Mewtwo, Deoxys, Zoroark and Victini,
-He is not poppular and requested like Mewtwo another 1 gen pokemon is.
-When Meowth is not becomming playable, pokemon like jigglypuff (since SSB64 to now) and pichu (melee only) are. So maybe Sakurai think Meowth don't deserve to be playable.
-He appear less than before in the new season of pokémon.

My most wanted additon for SSB4 so obviously want level 5 but only 30 % chance.That make 10 years than I hope for the guy and i'm not going to stop now, so I hope for DLC :awesome:

We don't need a second Zelda, only thing she have with her is data in brawl, if someone deserve an alternate form, it's Mario.
15% Want level 1

Top Bottom