• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Pit - 100%

No explanation needed.

Samurai Goroh - 55%

His chances are probably a little underrated, but by no means is he likely. He is popular in requests, important to his series, and he is notable for appearing both in the Melee intro and as an Assist Trophy. The main problem is that F-Zero isn't very relevant anymore given it's hiatus.

I think he'd be a decent addition to the Smash Bros. series, but I can live without him. Neutral (3)

Nominations:
Toon Link x5
Pichu -5 (:p)
Prince Sable x5

Predictions:
Diddy Kong - 95%
Krystal - 50%

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Pit - 100%
Yawn.

Samurai Goroh - 35%
He's the obvious second F-Zero rep, despite Black Shadow being apparently more important, and being the perfect character to inherit Ganondorf's moveset. I don't think he could bring all that much to the table based on what he does as an AT, but like Falcon, Goroh Slash, Goroh Stab, etc., can all be fabricated by the developers. While he does seem to be glorified slightly in his AT update, I don't see him as all that popular, and F-Zero is quite dead. Series should not get reps based off their longevity in Smash alone. He could get in, but I think he's on shaky ground to say the least.

D

Deleted member

Pit flew in the air and into Skyworld to tell of his glorious accomplishment of scoring 99.56%.

Samurai Goroh promised to make it into the next game to face off against Captain Falcon, ignoring his subpar 43.44% score and 3.26 in deserving.

ZeldaMaster_1 wins five newcomer nominations. Congratulate him.

Up are Diddy Kong and Krystal. Poll ends at 9 PM CST. Pichu and Jiro are on-deck and you may predict what both gets tomorrow.

Remember that when rating Diddy Kong, you rate him if he is returning alone and not bringing Dixie Kong with him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Diddy Kong - As a solo character, welllll. Hmmm. I know he is returning, but solo wise, I guess I would give him an 82%

Krystal - While I may be a major Krystal fan, because I actually like her and not her furry pics, I'm not going to let that get to my head. Krystal is a Supporting character in StarFox, and arguably the third most important character in the series. This isn't why I think she has chances though, because most people don't see what i see. She has a good chance because Sakurai is looking on past games for characters to choose for SSB4, plus she's the only SF character left who can actually fight. When all is said and done, Sakurai doesn't see the furry hate, and doesn''t look at characters in a collective manor, so I give her chances a nice 45%, which is good IMO. Being more important than Falco/Wolf makes ger deserving, and she is wanted in my book, so I give her a 5.

I'm betting Jiro gets a 27%, and Pichu gets a 20%

My veteran votes go to ICx5

And my other votes go to Kanan x1 Jill Valentine x4

D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong

He is guarantee to return by himself. The question is, will he be by himself once again? I would say yes, but there's one major obstacles to it, the fact that he and Dixie Kong were planned together. Since Dixie Kong was cut out merely due to technical difficulties, it doesn't rule out the possibility of Dixie Kong teaming up with Diddy Kong since the could potentially overcome it. Since he has change move set before, what is stopping Sakurai from making such a big change with Diddy Kong?

So he is coming back regardless but I don't think his chances of being alone again are as high as we think, Heck I think by himself, he is the third most unlikely character (The only one who has it worse are Lucario and Toon Link).

55%

Krystal

I only really supported her due to being unique, but otherwise, not very interesting. Still, I wouldn't mind her addition for the sole fact that Star Fox deserves a non-semi clone addition and she fits the bill. Neutral

Krystal was one of the highest requested characters for Brawl that did not make the cut. Now that Sakurai knows of her, he will take notice of this and might consider her a playable character. She's also important in the Star Fox series, although not as much as Falco and Wolf are. Finally, the biggest thing attracting players to her is the fact she would offer uniqueness to a series that needs it. There's also the pattern of one Star Fox character per game and if by some reason Sakurai notices this and wants to continue it, Krystal is the obvious "next-in-line".

However, she encounters some issues. First thing is that she is hardly relevant to gaming, with her last appearance in 2006 and not appearing in the Star Fox 64 3D remake. Remember that she has a somewhat large hate base in Japan and the fans are generally associated with furries (which isn't always true, but there are fans of Krystal who support her just for being attractive), giving her a bad reputation among some gamers. Another thing hurting her chance is the fact her popularity has gone down from Brawl and will likely never return to it as there is a noticeable group against her inclusion.

Given that Sakurai might be planning to focus on more popular/less important characters this time around, Krystal may finally make the cut as a playable character. However, the disadvantages slightly overpower what advantages she has as a playable character and that is why I have my doubts about her appearance as a playable character. Honestly, she's one of these characters that is more likely to get in SSB5 if she becomes more relevant.

42.50%

Predicting that Pichu gets 7.68% and Jiro gets 30.62%.

Nominations:

Ice Climbers x5

Slime, Meowth, Diddy and Dixie Kong, Slime and Chocobo, and Palutena

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong - 80%

Only truly deserving Kong rep besides DK and K. Rool, who honestly deserves the spot more. The only thing holding him back from returning is the possibility of a Dixie tag team.

Krystal - 10%

Question: What does Krystal actually do? In her debut game, she is seen in a small part or two then frozen in ice for most of the game. Star Fox is a dying franchise, with the latest game released being a remake of a game not even featuring Krystal. Star Fox doesn't deserve four reps.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Diddy Kong - 90%

Diddy, as much as I hate the banana, I feel should stay solo. He's a unique character, and turning him Ice Climber is rediculous as it ruins not one but 2(4) characters at once, there is no need for another pair and I think Sakurai recognizes that, I give him a 5.

Krystal - 45%

Her best chances were in Brawl, but both Falco and Wolf ruined it and now I doubt they're leaving, and to tell the truth there is little support for another SF character now especially when the series only needed 2 characters but got 3 clones. Plus SF is almost all but dead according to Nintendo if SF3DS doesn't sell well. Sakurai screwed her chances and I doubt she can get in, I give her a 3.

Nominations:
Ice Climbers x5
Mokka x3
Isa
Kachi

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong~ 93% Diddy's a long-term Nintendo all-star. But Dixie likely wasn't left out due to technical restraints, we're talking about the unstoppable Nintendo juggernaut after all. It's not like the big N can't figure out how to technically tag team two monkeys. It was a very likely a design choice.

Krystal~ 22% Ask me one iteration ago and I'd have given her a 70, but now... Star Fox has three characters, and Sakurai was supposedly unaware of the character. That, combined with a fallen fanbase, Star Fox degrading as a franchise, and three characters already, and this sexy vixen is sitting out. Want Level- 2

Predictions
Pichu- 8%
Jiro- 31%

Nominations:
Kamek x1
Doopliss x1
Rawk Hawk x3

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong (sopo) - 92%
Want lv: 5

Krystal - 25%
Want lv: 3

Nominations :star:
Vets-
:popo: x3
:drmario: x2

Newcomers-
Dimentio x2
Fawful x2
Vivian x1 (TTYD)

Pikdictions/prediction for Pichu - 10%

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
Diddy Kong: 70%

I say this because I'm not sure if he'll be the Diddy we know or not. Or if they'll Ice climberify him and stick him with Dixie.

Krystal: 80%

Trying to think of a better Fox character they could add but I can't. And Smash needs more female reps.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong - 75%

Wow, SSBFan's predicted chance for Diddy Kong has completely thrown my prediction out of court. Thanks, man! :mad: ... :p

Anyways, the only thing holding back solo Diddy Kong is if Sakurai revives the concept of a Diddy/Dixie tag team. I thought at first that this idea wouldn't return, but... Sakurai will be looking at Brawl characters for the SSB4 roster. And that includes the Forbidden Seven.

As for Diddy Kong solo, I think it's a better choice for him than a Diddy/Dixie tag team. Deserving (5)

Krystal - 50%

For: Sakurai will look at Brawl for character additions. Krystal can finally bring a unique moveset to Star Fox. She is moderately important in her series - I would say as important as Wolf, if not moreso.

Against: Star Fox doesn't need four characters when it's on the edge of becoming a semi-dead franchise. I understand her addition looking through a "singular" perspective on character addition, but that's not me, so "collectively", I don't think she's necessary. She's also growing irrelevant to her franchise since Star Fox 64 doesn't feature her. In addition, there is a notable hate fanbase against her in Japan - Sakurai tends to look at what his homeland people want, so this may impact Krystal.

Do I think Krystal is deserving? If she replaces Wolf, then she's actually neutral (3), since I see a couple benefits to this (no fourth Star Fox rep means another new, more deserving character, Falco can use some of Wolf's former moves to further de-clone him). However, I don't think we'll see Wolf nor Falco disappear; for that reason, combined with my personal opinion that Star Fox does not need four characters, she's unwanted (2).

Nominations:
Dr. Mario x5
Kanan x5

Predictions:
Pichu 15%
Jiro 30%

EDIT: Changed my stance on Krystal replacing Wolf to neutral, since I don't really want Krystal replacing Wolf.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong: 93% solo
Krystal: 25%

predictions:
Jiro: 36%

Hopefully SSBFan will allow us to do a revote shortly after The Rolling Western debuts (same goes for non-Pit Kid Icarus characters, Ghirahim, and other characters who make their debut after our rating but before the release of SSB4), so we can better judge the relevance, acclaim, impact, moveset potential, etc. of these characters and factor that in. I would suggest that we average the new score with the old one so that a recent popularity inflation bias doesn't affect it too much. Of course it'll probably be a couple of months before we have to rerate anyone. But I'm just throwing this idea out in advance.

nominations:
Tails x5

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Diddy- 95%. He's guaranteed to return, but there's a small chance he could be paired with Dixie.

Krystal- 25%. She's well-liked, but her main moveset appeal was her staff and the far more likely Medusa fights with a staff already. Star Fox is a dying series and I doubt they'll get a new rep.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Diddy - 100%
Why wouldn't he return? He's original, extremely popular, an icon of gaming, and a character both casual and devoted gamers appreciate, love, and admire. While the team combo may seem like a disadvantage, IMO that has about as much of a chance as hell freezing over, and would be more broken the SSB64 Pikachu, Melee Fox, and Brawl MK combined. Deserving with a capital D to the max. (5; If I could go higher, I'd go OVER NINE-THOUSAND!!!!)

Krystal - 25%
Her chances depend on how Smash Bros. 4's roster size, the amount of franchises represented, and whether Wolf returns or not (assuming Fox and Falco return). On top of that, the Star Fox franchise hasn't had a "Good Game" since Star Fox 64, and the series is more dead now than Metroid was in the N64-era (at least they were developing stuff).

The fact her move set and overall character could be original helps, especially given that she's a woman. However, Dixie Kong really out-prioritizes her at the female factor, and her lack of a real personality also hurts her chances (she really doesn't do anything memorable). Plus, the Star Fox series has really disappeared from the public eye, and most fans of the classic SNES and N64 game probably think the series is dead. A fourth character for Star Fox, unless the roster size is gigantic or Star Fox reemerges to it's N64 days or better with popularity and positive reception, would just be overkill. She's simply unwanted (2)

Nominate:
Dr. Mario (x5)
Tails (x5)

Predictions:
Pichu: 6%.
Jiro: 18%

D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong gets a 84.09%, a solid score. He ate a banana which he dropped on the floor after eating. Krystal, sadden by her low score of 35.86%, tripped on the banana and the crowd laughed at her.

PaulKagebin win five newcomer nominations today.

Up for polling are Pichu and Jiro. You may rate what they get. Also note that since Pichu was cut that you may rate how much you want him back. Poll ends at 9:00 PM CST. On-deck are Ice Climbers and Tails. You may predict what Tails get tomorrow.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Pichu was a joke characters that a lot of people, is the only melee character who don't have any data in brawl and even with the ukelele pichu in pokemon ranger 3 he still don't have any signifience when you compared him to the other possible pokemon newcommer (mewtwo, deoxys, zoroark, victini, meowth etc).
7 % and even if he is my main in melee i give a want level 1.

I don't know anything about Jiro.

Prediction:
Tails 14%

Nominate:
Dr Mario X 5

Kamek X 5

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pichu: 12%

I kinda found him a cute party pooper in SSBM. But Sakurai meant him to be a joke character, so don't think he's ever gonna return.

Jiro: 34%

Jiro seems cool, but his game's not out yet, and Sakurai's never thought of taking in DSIware-only characters. (-l-L-)

The rolling gimmick though and his wild west-themed weaponry would be quite unique to implement. (-lvl-)

Nominating:

x3 Mike Jones
x2 Meowth

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Pichu:10%
Jiro 29%

Nominations
vets TL 5
Newcomer*
Toon Zelda/Tetra 6
2nd/3rd/4th/5th gen Pokemon Trainer 2
Soren 2

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I can't believe all of you think Jiro has a better chance then Pichu. Tsk Tsk.

PIchu - Was, still is, and forever will be one of the most popular Pokemon of all time. He's already been in Smash brothers, and has a slight chance of coming back as an alternate costume. With all of this being said though, the only thing He has going for him is HeartGold/SoulSilver, and Sakurai having a lack of pcisk this time around. He gets a 33% In wanted, I wouldn't mind him back : 3

Jiro - Is a a nobody. I don't know him, you don't really know him yet, and the general public hasn't a clue about him. Until his game releases, we don't know how popular he will be. But as of now, I'm going to be nice and not totally crush your dreams. He gets a 9% And personally, I don't want him so: 2.

Tails: 22%(Despite all my efforts, fan boys will be just that)

I vote Jill Valentine x 3, Kanan x 2

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Pichu - 15%

Pichu is probably the least likely cut Melee character to return. It had no character data in Brawl as far as I know - even Dr. Mario had something. Sakurai treated Pichu as just a joke in Melee, which shows a lack of care for the little guy. In addition, due to his horrible treatment as a joke clone character, much of the Smash Bros. community didn't mind his absence. For those reasons alone, I think Pichu's chances are pitiful.

But is it deserving? Yes. Pichu has become an extremely popular character in both the video games and the anime - we even it paired with another Pichu as part of the Pichu Bros. Although his moveset was horribly balanced in Melee, it definitely has the potential to be much better while retaining the damage-on-self ability that made Pichu unique. Plus, Pichu is just a good overall rep for the second generation of Pokemon. Although I think Pichu's place in the Smash Bros. series has passed, I'd be happy to see my third main in Melee return. Wanted (4)

Jiro - 30%
Jiro - Is a a nobody. I don't know him, you don't really know him yet, and the general public hasn't a clue about him. Until his game releases, we don't know how popular he will be. But as of now, I'm going to be nice and not totally crush your dreams. He gets a 9% And personally, I don't want him so: 2.
You think Pichu has better chances than Jiro? Tsk tsk.

You just don't want him because he doesn't have an anime or furry-type design. :p :)

But really, why do you not want him? He's an armadillo cowboy; that's an awesome combination. You support Kanan, but as far as I know right now, none of us even know what Kanan's moveset could possibly consist of; Kanan is not even the main character of the Last Story, Ezla is. Fact is, most of us don't know any characters from Last Story or Xenoblade either right now, and won't know unless we play the games ourselves if that happens.

Now then, as for Jiro's chances; ... we won't know for sure until his game releases, I'll agree with this. However, Sakurai will be looking at characters based on what they can bring that's unique to the table, and Jiro can fit that role. While we can't provide any definitive moveset until his game comes out, we do know that besides rolling around and slashing enemies with his claws, he can build wooden towers with turrets in their perch. These towers have tons of potential by themselves; Jiro could become a unique zoning-based character. Plus, Jiro is a cowboy; there's enough potential right out of the box there.

In addition, besides Brawl characters, Sakurai will probably look at recent games for inspiration... and Rolling Western is releasing within the beginning of SSB4's development. Also, Jiro would represent a new territory of Nintendo - DLC.

Are his chances good? No. But are his chances, IMO, underrated, or at least better than Pichu's? Yes.

I think Jiro would be a worthy and very interesting addition to the SSB4 roster. Wanted (4)

Nominations:
King Dedede x5
Slime & Chocobo x5

Predictions:
Tails - 20%

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pichu - 25%

He's the joke character of the Smash series, even Sakurai has stated that, he sucks, is a clone, and is unwanted, the only real good thing he has done is rep the 2nd Gen, I give him a 2.

Jiro - 30%

Who? Is the basic question on his inclusion and is more than enough to keep him out, but since I don't really know him or if his game is even out, I give him a 3.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Who? Is the basic question on his inclusion and is more than enough to keep him out, but since I don't really know him or if his game is even out, I give him a 3.
Many people asked who Mr. Game & Watch or R.O.B. were when they were included for Brawl. I can see Jiro having the same effect.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Many people asked who Mr. Game & Watch or R.O.B. were when they were included for Brawl. I can see Jiro having the same effect.
Except they have serious history with Nintendo, and it's not that people don't know them, but the older gaming generation does. Jiro, literally, is a brand new character who no generation knows about.

You think Pichu has better chances than Jiro? Tsk tsk.
Hmm, Nintendo Icon and Veteran Smash character vs. Someone know one knows about.

You support Kanan, but as far as I know right now, none of us even know what Kanan's moveset could possibly consist of; Kanan is not even the main character of the Last Story, Ezla is.
The Last Story is out in Japan, and has been selling better than the extremely hyped up Xenoblade. I can read up on it, and if you did you would know Kanan is a main character, and by all the promotional art you can tell she is the face of the series. At least Kanan and Krystal aren't Spin-Dash characters who play very similar to Sonic.

D

Deleted member

Pichu

Pichu really has next to no chance to be playable in SSB4. Pichu is hated among the Smash community and is the only character generally agreed on to be disliked. He was removed without even being planned for the next game. There's pretty much nothing going for him. I am Against his inclusion.

7.5%

Jiro

Is a new franchise from Nintendo. However, he is not very popular due to not even being out. We'll have to see, though. I want him in.

30%

I predict that Tails gets a 15.67%

Nominate King Dedede x5

Diddy and Dixie Kong, Slime, Slime and Chocobo, Ghirahim, and Lyn.

D

Deleted member

Pichu shocked himself and felt down on the ground, having fainted when hearing of his terrible 15.64%.

Jiro rolled out when he heard of his horrible 27%

JavaCroc has won five veteran nominations. Shortiecanbrawl has won ten newcomer nominations since he corrected predicted the scoreof Jiro. Give a round of applause to both.

Up for polling are Ice Climbers and Tails. Poll ends at 8:00 PM CST. On-deck are King Dedede and Mike Jones. You may predict what Mike Jones gets tomorrow.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pichu shocked himself and felt down on the ground, having fainted when hearing of his terrible 15.64%.

Jiro rolled out when he heard of his horrible 27%

JavaCroc has won five veteran nominations. Shortiecanbrawl has won ten newcomer nominations since he corrected predicted the scoreof Jiro. Give a round of applause to both.

Up for polling are Ice Climbers and Tails. Poll ends at 8:00 PM CST. On-deck are King Dedede and Mike Jones. You may predict what Mike Jones gets tomorrow.
Ice Climbers are 100% returning. Tail's is absolutely 0% unless other things occur.

As for my predictions, I'm going to say DDD will waddle away with 98% and Mike Jones will get 29%.

All five nominations go to Slime.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Woohoo! :D

Ice Climbers - They were randomly added as this sort of retro random newcomer. They are one of the most unique characters to ever grace Smash, and for this reason, as well as them being in the past two Smash titles, I give them a 92% in deserving.

Tails - Is probably one of the, if not the leader in the Sonic/SEGA character race. He's been a major part of Sonic's series since virtually the begining. With this being said, we don't know how Sonic and Snake will fare in the next SSB installment. Will the guests come back? We don't know. On top of this, many people (Me included) consider the guests to be just that, and should respectfully come alone to Nintendo's All-Star bout. In the SEGA race, he's got a high percentage, but in the Smash universe, I give him a generous 14%. I know many people want him, but I do not. He is gets a 1. ( I would rather have NiGHTS or Shadow)

I'm betting the King gets a 96% and Mike Jones gets a 29%

Newcomers: Jill x 7 Kanan x 2 and New Pokemon Trainer x1

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Question: what happens to my extra five votes from yesterday since I couldn't make it to vote :?

Ice Climbers: 100%
Tails: 30%

predictions:
Mike Jones: 19.3%

nominations:
Black Mage x5 (or x10 if I get all my votes back)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ice Climbers: 92%

While I'm still quite dumbfounded that they still didn't get a new game outside of Smash Bros, it would be quite a waste of retro representation ala music and stage hazards if Ice Climbers don't make it back.
Maybe it's just the same issue as Upa being a retro ŕepresentative in Konami's crossover games like Wai Wai World or Parodius.

Besides, they're quite unique, which makes them likeable at the first place.

Tails: 24%

If Sonic was to get a new rep, it should be him. My favorite in Sonic 3 & Knuckles was Tails, and he'd be unique from Sonic.

But, Smash Bros shouldn't still stray away from being a Nintendo All-Star game, so I won't mind if he can't make it.

I'm though wanting Tails to be included. (4)

x3 Kamek
x2 Prince Sable

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers~ 93%
Tails~ 38% A very popular character, not just a mere sidekick, but a GAMING ICON. He would bring a lot to smash, but since there's no precedent for 2nd guest reps, it's uncertain.

Nominations:
Doopliss x5

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ice Climbers- 100%: Why would you remove this completely original duo unlike any character in smash bros?

Tails - 25%: I usually low-ball 3rd party characters that aren't Mega Man, Snake, or Sonic's chances, but if Sega, Nintendo, or Sakurai want him, he's in easy. He'd be a great addition, so long as his new voice actor SHUTS HIS FACE! (same goes for Sonic; just make "boing" noises!) :mad: While it seems weird to have 2 3rd party characters from the same company AND series, it isn't that crazy. He's a true icon of gaming, so that helps.

Want Level: 4

King Dedede: 96%
Mike Jones: 12%

Nominate:
Kamek (x5)
Pokémon Trainer (x5)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ice Climbers - 100%

While I don't know how they got in in the 1st place, I'm pretty sure they're staying.

Tails - 10%

Why do we need another Sonic rep? I give him a 1.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Yay! I get ten veteran nominations and can choose between one of two characters! Useless! :p

Except they have serious history with Nintendo, and it's not that people don't know them, but the older gaming generation does. Jiro, literally, is a brand new character who no generation knows about.
That will change over time. As of now, he is relatively obscure, but as part of a generation of gamers grows up having played his game, he will resonate with them much like R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, and the Ice Climbers.

Hmm, Nintendo Icon and Veteran Smash character vs. Someone know one knows about.
Again, people will know Jiro over time. Besides, Sakurai noted in his interview that Nintendo hasn't created much new characters or franchises recently - Jiro is one of those exceptions, so I think Sakurai will at least consider him.

As for Pichu, there isn't even character data for it; Sakurai does not appear to have intended Pichu to return, and I don't think he will revive a character he didn't even intend to bring back to the game that game before SSB4. Besides, Pichu is criticized in the community where it really matters - the Smash Bros. community.

I only see Pichu returning if Game Freak particularly wants it's return, but I doubt it at this point.

The Last Story is out in Japan, and has been selling better than the extremely hyped up Xenoblade. I can read up on it, and if you did you would know Kanan is a main character, and by all the promotional art you can tell she is the face of the series. At least Kanan and Krystal aren't Spin-Dash characters who play very similar to Sonic.
I know Kanan is on the box cover and promotional art; I've even seen Youtube videos of the game. I didn't walk into this discussion without basic knowledge of Kanan.

However, I do agree that while she isn't necessarily the character all players play as, she is, from a theoretical standpoint, the main character of the Last Story. So I agree with your point there.

As for Jiro being a generic spin-dash character, we can't predict his moveset for sure until his game comes out. However, he has enough potential that he would not need to function in any way similar to Sonic. Sonic is all about speed; I see Jiro as more of the heavy, hard-hitting character. Besides, just because both spin-dash doesn't mean they will be very similar at all; we have plenty of sword users in Brawl who act nothing alike, and I can't see how this means Sonic and Jiro would be similar in any way.

Looking at this post of mine now, this argument basically boils down to "we can't say anything about Jiro until we know more about his game", and that's my final words on this subject for now.

Ice Climbers - 95%

They may not be extremely important in the great scheme of Nintendo, but their completely unique moveset makes them a worthy, obscure retro representative. Deserving (5)

Tails - 20%

If we get a second Sonic rep, Tails is arguably the most deserving. However, it adds a burden to any licensing deals with Sega for the SSB4 team to not ask for just one, but two characters. In addition, Sakurai is somewhat hesitant on third-party additions in the first place.

I don't think third-party companies need two reps each, but I don't think the inclusion of Tails would annoy me in any way. Neutral (3)

Nominations:
Toon Link x10
Tetris Block x5

Prediction:
Mike Jones - 15%

D

Deleted member

Poll ends.

Dangit, I missed today. :(

And PaulKagebin, your nominations count at a x10.

D

Deleted member

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: All remaining vets not polled yet are on-deck. Meaning that there are two characters now on-deck that are veterans and newcomers. So this means that nominations made today will not cause anyone not on-deck yet to go on-deck.

Ice Climbers successfully scaled the mountain with a outstanding 96.50%.

Tails fell off his airplane and hit the ground, staring at his terrible 20.13% and 2.6 in want.

JavaCroc wins five nominations for newcomers. Give a around of applause to him.

King Dedede and Mike Jones are up and poll ends at 8:00 PM CST. You may predict what Dr. Mario and Jill Valentine gets tomorrow. Since veterans can on longer be nominated, Dr. Mario will contribute to five more newcomer nominations as will Toon Link.

Top Bottom