• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
They said they are almost positive they can make arrangements to house you guys. Just assume this is a yes haha. Can't wait to see you guys :)

J2TheRay

Smash Rookie
Hello Melee Smasher :)

Im from the Sova crew (souther Virginia) and i just moved to The Woodlands, Texas. Not to far from houston and im trying to find some fellow smasher i can play with. I play melle only dont like brawl. and i wanna join up with some people and play again and keep my skills up so when i go back to visit home i can kick everyone as :)

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Nobody lives particularly close to you but there are lots of people willing to make the occasional long car ride for smash. We've been having smashfests twice a week lately and tournaments at least once a month. You should join the Houston facebook group for information on when these take place. Pretty much everything is posted there.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/210010965705223/
Also join the Texas facebook group while you're at it.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/114091158688947/

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Omg thank god he ****ing hates brawl that piece of **** trash *** game that's not even worth a god dam mother ****ing dime.

Join one of those two groups that this bitc.h posted and you'll find the rest of us there. Hope to see you around more. We have around 3 players in that area.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Hello Melee Smasher :)

Im from the Sova crew (souther Virginia) and i just moved to The Woodlands, Texas. Not to far from houston and im trying to find some fellow smasher i can play with. I play melle only dont like brawl. and i wanna join up with some people and play again and keep my skills up so when i go back to visit home i can kick everyone as :)
yo man, i live in your general area ( I live in tomball , work in the woodlands )

message me, I'd like to be able to play on the regular :p

@admiral - I live close by him :/

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Because you're a bit.ch

And I told you, Broly Gabe and Wemp. Yannis is somewhat close by him but I'd assume that he's a bit farther than the rest. Plus, he can't drive and mains a ****ing Samus. No one wants to play with that.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Whoawhoawhoa,

Brawl isn't even ****ing close to "alright"

If you're willing to drive, tell us how far you're willing to drive. We're pretty spread out but we tend to go to places where it's more centralized so that it's fair for everyone.

Also, join the FB groups. It'll make getting a hold of us a lot easier on you since no one ever comes here anymore.

J2TheRay

Smash Rookie
Yea totally i sent my invites just now on fb. i mean i dont live to far from houston. Its like a 20 min drive. and im willing to drive fr but nothing like 3 hrs haha sonewhere between 1hr to 2.

and about brawl, i guess the only reason i have is that no one in my sova crew played it much so i never got into it. so i dont really know how good it could it be. i just like the quickness in melee and format

Sybawave

Smash Ace
THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THAT ****ING TRASH *** GAME! I'M SO HAPPY THAT OTHER PLAYERS REALIZED THIS AROUND THE COUNTRY.

There will never be anything good about that game unless they turn on all items and all the stages. Maybe then it'll be more balanced.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Von, we can moan and gripe all we want about how much Brawl sucks, it won't stop Sakurai from making SSB4 even worse.

Kal

Smash Champion
Von, I'm no fan of Rohan's, but you should seriously chill out on the **** talk. Especially when Rohan was basically just agreeing with you.

And quit **** talking Brawl. There's a time and a place for it (hint: it's not on a thread where we want to encourage people to come to our smashfests). Seriously, Von, I don't know when it was considered cool to have this wannabe Dr. Cox type attitude (note that Dr. Cox *****ed about cool stuff (mostly)), but constantly ranting does not make you into this guy. More like this guy. You remember that one, right? The one who always complained about asinine, inane bull **** no one cared about, and who was so caught up in his own little world that he ignored reality and constantly pushed upon himself the perception that he wasn't incredibly annoying.

And you're not even good at talking ****. I would go as far as to recommend that you just save all forms of social interaction for Jake. Teach him to write in complete sentences because, as far as I can tell, he's the only one of you with any amount of wit whatsoever. In fact, during crew battles I recommend just having Jake submit all of your collective **** talk in writing.

Seriously, Von, just shut the **** up. Rohan didn't do anything to warrant your intensely *****y attitude, and this isn't the right place to be talking **** about a game you clearly know absolutely nothing about.

And, for the record, no, I don't give you permission to post in our thread. On the other hand, Rohan, go ahead and post here.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD Wemp, let us know on the FB wall. No one really pays attention here but I guess it wouldn't hurt to post in both areas. I think we're all going down to play at UH today.

Von, I'm no fan of Rohan's, but you should seriously chill out on the **** talk. Especially when Rohan was basically just agreeing with you.

And quit **** talking Brawl. There's a time and a place for it (hint: it's not on a thread where we want to encourage people to come to our smashfests). Seriously, Von, I don't know when it was considered cool to have this wannabe Dr. Cox type attitude (note that Dr. Cox *****ed about cool stuff (mostly)), but constantly ranting does not make you into this guy. More like this guy. You remember that one, right? The one who always complained about asinine, inane bull **** no one cared about, and who was so caught up in his own little world that he ignored reality and constantly pushed upon himself the perception that he wasn't incredibly annoying.

And you're not even good at talking ****. I would go as far as to recommend that you just save all forms of social interaction for Jake. Teach him to write in complete sentences because, as far as I can tell, he's the only one of you with any amount of wit whatsoever. In fact, during crew battles I recommend just having Jake submit all of your collective **** talk in writing.

Seriously, Von, just shut the **** up. Rohan didn't do anything to warrant your intensely *****y attitude, and this isn't the right place to be talking **** about a game you clearly know absolutely nothing about.

And, for the record, no, I don't give you permission to post in our thread. On the other hand, Rohan, go ahead and post here.
LOL I love when Kal writes these huge *** posts to counter my trolling lololololol

Also, your trash talk is undeniably the best I've ever heard.

And for the record, I know plenty about brawl lolol start...****ing camp...camp s'more (lolz get it?)....maybe attack once every 3-4 seconds...press a button maybe 80 times per minute...then when it's over, be glad you either won or lost against a ****ing 14 year old kid using Snake/MK after 16 minutes of fighting.

Kal

Smash Champion
And for the record, I know plenty about brawl lolol start...****ing camp...camp s'more (lolz get it?)....maybe attack once every 3-4 seconds...press a button maybe 80 times per minute...then when it's over, be glad you either won or lost against a ****ing 14 year old kid using Snake/MK after 16 minutes of fighting.
This exemplifies your lack of knowledge of the game. This would be the canonical example I cite when I explain to people how not to demonstrate that they're knowledgeable about something.

It's also ironic that you criticize Brawl for being campy when all you do in Melee is camp, even in friendlies. This is of course while your equally campy friends cheer you on. In friendlies.

I do appreciate that you acknowledge that my trash talk is 1337.

Exelcior

Smash Rookie
Who responds to trolling with angry arguing? God. I sense some saltiness under that wall of text there.

Kal

Smash Champion
Thanks random poster. I'll keep that in mind next time I write a wall of text in a satirical vein. I appreciate your input.

Exelcior

Smash Rookie
With 3 instances of "seriously" in the first response to Von, I doubt that it was anything other than serious.
Also, keep what in mind? I asked a rhetorical question and made a statement.

Kal

Smash Champion
Seriously? I can't keep in mind the fact that you "sense some saltiness" in my post?

And since you're completely unaware as to anything regarding the interactions between myself and Von, I would suggest avoiding conclusions about how angrily I am responding. While I stand by what I said (he shouldn't be **** talking a game that could potentially increase the size of our scene), when push comes to shove he and I are still friends on good terms and I don't really care about how he behaves online. It's entirely satirical. Inclusion of the word "seriously" three times does not outweigh the fact that I ****ing referenced scrubs twice in my post, which clearly suggests that my post was in a satirical or humorous vein.

But you got this **** figured out, right? Did you even read Von's response?

Top Bottom