• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many extra copies you will sell by having the character on the cover > Ability to advertise other games > Playability as a character > sakurai liking the idea > Popularity > other qualities (being female, villain, sex appeal)
Wut? Let me fix that
nintendo > sakurai liking the idea > Being unique > Popularity > other qualities (being female, villain, sex appeal) > How many extra copies you will sell by having the character on the cover
Sakurai controls the game no matter what. He can do anything.

Plus, it's really like that

vicgur

Smash Ace
I don't wanna see Nintendo wasting a partnership with Square to get a character that is not Geno.
What, you love Black Mage/Ninja/Slime/Cloud/Sora/stupid JRPG that I don't give a f*** about?
BOO FREAKIN' HOO!!
We've been asking for more Geno since 1996. Do you know what was the best we got? A freakin' tutorial in a mini-game in Mario & Luigi: Superstars Saga.
[COLLAPSE="Geno in M&L"]
[/COLLAPSE]
:mad:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I could care less about Geno, but my guess is he will be the character we get if we get a Square character.

He's been asked for for years, and the fact that he's somewhat of a Mario character means Nintendo may ask for him as they may get a discount.

Plus as it was brought up earlier today (or yesterday where I am) that it was said in a Sakurai interview that certain characters didn't get in due to licenses. My guess that may have been him.

Too bad no one is around, as I finally edited some movesets that would be great for a new topic, oh well maybe later today (where I am).

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
likelihood is not a guarantor nor does not speak on behalf on what that would bring to the table.

likelihood is not a guarantor nor does not speak on behalf on what that would bring to the table.
Well I only use the word once someone else uses it.

I'm sill quite confused. Will he bear the SE icon or the mario icon?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion

Shiiii, the mario 'Icon' is essentially a 1 up shroom. That's TOAD's icon.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
By the way, what could/how would Geno even work?

Also I don't think a Square character is likely/will happen nor do I want one. So don't flame me on my thoughts on the matter, just ignor them please.

I know nothing about Square anyway. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No. But popularity is, and as far as I'm concerned a third party character isn't getting in unless they have the sheer scream that Sonic had. Geno definitely doesn't. Heck, Slime doesn't, and neither does Black Mage. I don't even think Megaman does, or ever will.

I know nothing about Square anyway.
Then who are you to judge a character blindly, and then expect people not to call you out on it?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You and I could be roomates

Funny cuz my 1st roomy was a HUGE SE supporter
Weird... :laugh:

But my real room mate is never around so it could work. :awesome:

Anyway I may not know anything about Square but I don't think any Square character is likely/will happen. There just isn't a true recurring Square character that would have enough popularity to get in.

While Slime could fit this, I just don't think it'll happen do to Sakurai's policy on 3rd Party characters and not enough demand for him.

I also will say the same should be said for other 3rd party characters when narrowing them down.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Opinions are dah bess.

Tell me then, who is a list of appropriate third parties?

Oh, and rule number 1 with SE characters, Final Fantasy comes first. Everything else takes a back seat. (In terms of star power)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Opinions are dah bess.

Tell me then, who is a list of appropriate third parties?
I sense tension against me right now despite telling people to ignor my thoughts on Square characters. Thanks for flamming. :p

Anyway there is really no true appropriate 3rd party so here's a quote from Sakurai from a SSB4 interview on Capcom characters in Smash.

"I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
There's absolutely no tension against you. That you might be feeling it is completely superficial

Opinions are subjective, yes. However, as this is a public forum you should be able to share them freely as a way to give and or gain insight.

Saki moveset posted here

Saki Amamiya

Sakurai thinks he fits in the game! :awesome::awesome::awesome: But he wasn't a playable :mad::mad::mad: but maybe he'll appear in Smash Bros 4 :awesome::awesome::awesome: but we don't know that :urg::urg::urg:

Stats

Saki is a run and gun style character. His gun will help him a lot when it comes to camping and rush down. His normal attacks mix well with his specials. He's also fast and he has good aerial mobility. Although, he has a hard time killing Saki isn't really hard to master so if you want a straight forward character, Saki is the Ruffian for you!

STR: 4/10
WEIGHT: 4/10
SPEED: 7/10
ATK SPD: 7/10
SHIELD: 8/10
SIZE: 6/10
JUMP: 8/10
RANGE: 8/10
AIR MOBILITY: 8/10
FALLING SPEED: 7/10

Neutral special : Gun fire

Saki fires a shot with his gun. It deals 4% damage.

If he fully charges his shot however, it deals 10% damage PLUS it explodes. BAM!

Forward special : Sword barrage

Saki rushes to the enemy and rapidly slashes him. It deals 13% damage

Upward special : Jet pack

Saki flies using his jetpack.

Downward Special : Target lock

Saki locks on the closest enemy he's FACING. While the enemy is being locked on, all of Saki's shots are being aimed at the enemy.

STANDARD ATTACKS​

Neutral combo : Normal 3 hit sword combo
Saki slashes the enemy 3 times. It deals 9% damage.

Dash attack : Lunge rush
Saki rushes and lunges the enemy. It deals 11% damage.

Forward attack : Horizontal slash
Saki slashes the enemy. It deals 6% damage.

Downward attack : Lower slash
Saki attacks the lower of the enemy. It deals 4% damage.

Well I don't know much about the guy. I don't even know who KOS-MOS is.

The games not released yet? I wasn't paying attention to his game :|

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There's absolutely no tension against you. That you might be feeling it is completely superficial

Opinions are subjective, yes. However, as this is a public forum you should be able to share them freely as a way to gain and or gain insight.
Yeah I guess I'm a little tired and am getting carried away (you won't believe what time it is over here). :awesome:

Still the internet can get to yea sometimes especially when expressing ones opinion. Could be worse though this could be Gamefaqs. lol

Anyway I just want people to remember that quote, so I guess I got some point across, so that's good enough for me tonight. Tri-Hy out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If we get a SE character, the music will be from just the series represented. That's yet another reason why Slime riding a Chocobo is an awesome idea, get the best of both worlds!
Miley Cyrus confirmed for Sm4sh

Moveset's off the cuff? I'm not sure I follow
I take every moveset even though I don't know much about the character.

As long as the guy who suggested it tells me what move does he want as the neutral A, B,.... whatever.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I sense tension against me right now despite telling people to ignor my thoughts on Square characters. Thanks for flamming. :p
No tension at all. Just sheer confusion. Also, if you want your thougts not to be read, don't post them.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well I don't know much about the guy. I don't even know who KOS-MOS is.

The games not released yet? I wasn't paying attention to his game :|
Who KOS-MOS? He isn't a guy lol..of you were referring to it, but yeah if people don't know much about a character WHO ARE THEY TO JUDGE their chances??

Lol at Arcadenik not wanting Jiggypuff, I understand that new faces should be brought to the table but at the same time that would be breaking tradition which Sakurai may not be willing to let go of so easily.

I don't like your current flavor of the week, Omega.
Who G-Man? Nah don't worry about him, you're up there to, soon though.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Rumors are rumors and thats well feed off until development starts and we'll get more "believable" rumors :p
The only 3rd party character I care about getting in is Megaman. Id love it if Slime&Chocobo are in (still lovin how theyre Square and Enix :awesome: )
Ryu H would be really cool to see, but itd be kinda sad to play him without fighting Cloud. But then theres always Dead Fantasy for that xD
Therea a preview on who hes fighting!
Vincent :awesome::awesome:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
IG I'm the topic of this thread then :troll:

Can the focus please be taken off of me nLiM8d? :)

Rumors are rumors.

They're just claims that have no evidence to support them.

Don't believe them no matter how logical it sounds

OmegaXXII

Rumors are rumors and thats well feed off until development starts and we'll get more "believable" rumors :p
The only 3rd party character I care about getting in is Megaman. Id love it if Slime&Chocobo are in (still lovin how theyre Square and Enix :awesome: )
Ryu H would be really cool to see, but itd be kinda sad to play him without fighting Cloud. But then theres always Dead Fantasy for that xD
Therea a preview on who hes fighting!
Vincent :awesome::awesome:
Sometime I just wished either Cloud or Vincent Valentine had a more realistic chance than Geno, I feel those two are more iconic and are more liked by the public, of course it all comes down to opinions but it also has to do with how a company such as Square does things to represent a certain character, for all I know Square could have easily had the Final Fantasy series on Nintendo platforms while Dragon Quest on the other hand stayed more to Sony which in turn would have made the FF series more relevant and closer to Nintendo thus enabling the for consideration for Smash, but again only if this would have happened, course I've always wanted Sora so.....

Haha, T-Man. :laugh:

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yea but there are some that originate from interviews and such, which more will come during development
And even though the rumor was debunked, I still stand for Mach Rider. Sakurai could give him some sort of Captain Falcon move like MACH PAUNCH!!!
and yes it would work like the Pokemon move

Who wouldnt want Sora
Star :troll:
Imagine him changing drives against Deoxys changing forms :D
If only...

OmegaXXII

Well, Mach Rider MAY have a chance but only at Sakurai's discretion since I believe Mach Rider has minimal chances this late in the series, honestly, if he would have shown up in Melee like Mewtwo did, I could have guaranteed you that Mach Rider would have gained fans this support would have easily been greater, but unfortunetly that didn't happen which is why both Roy and Mewtwo are so demanded not only by us, but the Japanese community as well.

The reason why Square (As in Square not Square Enix) will not have any rep because none of them are iconic to the company. Plus, the most iconic (Chocobo), isn't really that requested

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Don't believe them no matter how logical it sounds
I wonder how Starphoenix will evaluate that.

Perhaps these individuals who promote rumor values can be seen as contributors to the gaming community as sources of insight towards our collective outlook.

I suppose it really just depends on how deep you're willing to look into it, but I will say it promotes a good deal of discussion topics around here.

Haha, T-Man. :laugh:
Oh you like that do you?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The reason why Square (As in Square not Square Enix) will not have any rep because none of them are iconic to the company. Plus, the most iconic (Chocobo), isn't really that requested
That's a reasonable claim, but I think that will change once more people show up after E3. The REAL problem is that no one can settle on a proper character. Black Mage, Slime, Chocobo, Geno, Cloud, Sora, Crono all get suggest. Instead of just "Sonic" or even "Megaman and Ryu".

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Shortie
That I agree with, which is probably why Chocobo isnt requested that much. They all wanna see Cloud, which I think would be awesome, but dont see that Chocobo would fit more.
@Omega
If ICs made it, I still see hope for Mach Rider to be in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom