• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Essentially if I had to give a read on Vult I'd say null.

Would be interesting to see why he would avoid a Asdiho lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tandora, would you rather vote Asdioh or Ranmaru? I hardly care at this point but I wouldn't forgive myself for switching when all game I've kept a clear head and trusted my own reads to get to this point. My vote will stay where it is.

:059:

X1-12

Smash Champion
hammer him ffs

@RR dont be a ****** im not trying to act tough IM TRYING TO AVOID A NL. You say you wont vote asdioh because you i havent explained why i think gheb/asdioh can be scum together - what does this have to do with it? Its nothing to do with asdiohs scummyness and why you should hammer him right now

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 4-5

7/13 to lynch.

Asdioh [6]: SangfroidWarrior, Ranmaru, Shadow Moth, X1-12, July, Asdioh
Ranmaru [4]: Gheb, Asdioh, Vult Redux, Red Ryu
Gheb [1]: Tandora

Not voting: Gova, JTB, asianaussie

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] X1-12 > Asdioh
Gova
JTB > X1 > Unvote
Gheb > Ranmaru
Red Ryu > Ranmaru
July > Gheb > Asdioh
Vult Redux > Ranmaru
Ranmaru > Asdioh
Asdioh > Unvote > Ranmaru > Asdioh
asianaussie
Shadow Moth > Asdioh
SangfroidWarrior > Asdioh
Tandora > Gheb
[/collapse]

Deadline is September 17th at 3 p.m. EST!

Currently seeking replacement for Ranmaru?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I really don't want to do this, but a NL is something is something I don't think is a good idea.

Unvote
Vote: Asdioh

And there goes his unlynched streak.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wtf Ryu, we could've easily lynched Ran, which would've been 3492734982 times better than Asdioh especially now that he's replacing out and Asdioh can at least be trusted to actually post. If Asdioh doesn't flip scum I don't even wanna continue playing anymore because this game is beyond frustrating.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Really ya'll? I'm gone for a day and we already reach a lynch with Asdioh voting for himself? I knew I should have come in here either yesterday and this morning. I wanted to unvote -_- I don't feel so comfortable with my scumAsdioh read anymore. RR, we still had over a day.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I misread today as tomarrow and thought deadline was today when IA had work til 5:30 CST.

I'm stupid. Vig Ran/X1 Cop X1 if not vigged or Tandora etc.

:phone:

July

Smash Apprentice
Tandora, would you rather vote Asdioh or Ranmaru? I hardly care at this point but I wouldn't forgive myself for switching when all game I've kept a clear head and trusted my own reads to get to this point. My vote will stay where it is.

Wtf Ryu, we could've easily lynched Ran, which would've been 3492734982 times better than Asdioh especially now that he's replacing out and Asdioh can at least be trusted to actually post. If Asdioh doesn't flip scum I don't even wanna continue playing anymore because this game is beyond frustrating.

Why is there such a disconnect between these two statements? In the first one you ask Tandora who she will vote and say you hardly care at this point meaning that you won't change your vote to Ran, but it seems like you'd be fine if Tandora did it. Then after RR votes Asdioh you berate him for it...I don't understand.

Really ya'll? I'm gone for a day and we already reach a lynch with Asdioh voting for himself? I knew I should have come in here either yesterday and this morning. I wanted to unvote -_- I don't feel so comfortable with my scumAsdioh read anymore. RR, we still had over a day.
Would you have voted Ran if you had the chance to unvote?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
July, I think the fact that Ranmaru requested replacement ~24 hours before deadline, when he was at like L-3, changed everything. I was fine with being lynched over a NL until I saw that. I'm sure that most people would agree.

July

Smash Apprentice
July, I think the fact that Ranmaru requested replacement ~24 hours before deadline, when he was at like L-3, changed everything. I was fine with being lynched over a NL until I saw that. I'm sure that most people would agree.
If you are talking about the Gheb posts, both were posted after Ran requested replacement so the contradiction of him seeming to be okay if Tandora voted Ran but not okay with RR's vote still stands.

Also his replacement has nothing to do with alignment, he's replaced out of all games here and on mafiascum except one we are hydraing in on ms. He said here, in the social thread and to me personally that he's lost interest in mafia and is retiring from DGames. I don't think he should be lynched, I think that if there is a vig he should be vigged instead.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If you are talking about the Gheb posts, both were posted after Ran requested replacement so the contradiction of him seeming to be okay if Tandora voted Ran but not okay with RR's vote still stands.
You know what, you're absolutely right. I thought that wasn't the case.

That is strange. His first post makes no sense if he legitimately thought Ran's lynch was THAT much better than my own, why wouldn't he just say "Tandora, lynch Ranmaru?"

July

Smash Apprentice
You know what, you're absolutely right. I thought that wasn't the case.

That is strange. His first post makes no sense if he legitimately thought Ran's lynch was THAT much better than my own, why wouldn't he just say "Tandora, lynch Ranmaru?"
Yep exactly, although I actually messed up what I meant a bit but he seemed to really let it up to Tandora who to vote, but then freaked out on RR for his vote on you. Still like you said, if he really believed in the Ran lynch then shouldn't have been so ambivalent towards Tandora's vote. This reinforces my belief that Gheb didnt want your lynch because he actually thought Ran was scummier, but because you were against his lynch and would help him stay alive tomorrow.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
July, I think I'll leave this game in your hands.

I'm off to join Swiss, laughing from above.
If he ever gets on Skype.

July

Smash Apprentice
July, I think I'll leave this game in your hands.

I'm off to join Swiss, laughing from above.
If he ever gets on Skype.
I accept that responsibility.

Farewell and godspeed Asdioh, the only thing I've agreed on with Gheb this game has been that its fun to play with ya (even if you still might flip scum but its looking unlikely).

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Yep exactly, although I actually messed up what I meant a bit but he seemed to really let it up to Tandora who to vote, but then freaked out on RR for his vote on you. Still like you said, if he really believed in the Ran lynch then shouldn't have been so ambivalent towards Tandora's vote. This reinforces my belief that Gheb didnt want your lynch because he actually thought Ran was scummier, but because you were against his lynch and would help him stay alive tomorrow.
I agree it was weird, especially as much as I've rallied against him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Asdioh I again apologize for voting too soon, I messed up this game with the Disco room one.

july, Tan, who are you guys gonna look at on an Asdioh Town flip, and for a scum flip/

July

Smash Apprentice
Asdioh I again apologize for voting too soon, I messed up this game with the Disco room one.

july, Tan, who are you guys gonna look at on an Asdioh Town flip, and for a scum flip/
I will be looking at Gheb regardless of Asdioh's alignment, but if Asdioh flips scum I will look into aa and Shadow Moth in addition to Gheb. If Asdioh flips town, I would look more into Sang and yourself in addition to Gheb. I would also look into X1 a little bit more if he doesn't hold up on his compromise to support a Gheb lynch toMorrow, but right now he's a pretty strong town read.

Tandora

Smash Rookie

I'd look at X-1 on a town flip. His voice was the most vocal about lynching Asdioh, so I would want to see if it was town tunnel vision or what.

On a scum flip? I'd have to sit down and see what kind of interactions both J and Asdioh had with various players. No one in particular is springing to mind right now. Guess it's a little harder this game for scum interactions due to the amnesia.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why is there such a disconnect between these two statements? In the first one you ask Tandora who she will vote and say you hardly care at this point meaning that you won't change your vote to Ran, but it seems like you'd be fine if Tandora did it. Then after RR votes Asdioh you berate him for it...I don't understand.
Wgat?!? @ bolded. I was voting Ran already? I don't even see what the problem you have but you seem to have a problem with whatever I say anyway. I was - and am - strongly in favor or a Ran lynch. After that almost all players are on a similar level to me so I don't really care after Ran is lynched.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And lol July, you're still going to completely ignore the fact that Ran could easily be scum? That's not somebody you'd entrust the game, Asdioh especially since you wanted Ranmaru dead as well.

July

Smash Apprentice
Wgat?!? @ bolded. I was voting Ran already? I don't even see what the problem you have but you seem to have a problem with whatever I say anyway. I was - and am - strongly in favor or a Ran lynch. After that almost all players are on a similar level to me so I don't really care after Ran is lynched.

I tried to clarify that in my #1658, I meant you refused to vote Asdioh but you seemed ambivalent to if Tandora voted Asdioh or Ran, but then got mad at RR when he voted Asdioh. Doesn't add up.

And lol July, you're still going to completely ignore the fact that Ran could easily be scum? That's not somebody you'd entrust the game, Asdioh especially since you wanted Ranmaru dead as well.

I've stated this before but I can read Ran extremely well, and I am confident that I can read Ran here as well. I don't think he's scum, I'd be alright with a Ran vig because there have already been many replacements and finding one for Ran will be tough.

V/LA rest of day, going skydiving.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

This was after Ran requested replacement.

If you felt this so strongly, why wasn't your post towards Tandora more like this:

"Tandora, you should definitely vote Ranmaru over Asdioh since Ran just requested a replacement." or something like that.

Nabe, y u no post flip??

#HBC | Nabe

Sorry for the wait.
------------------------------------------------------

Dark foreboding imagery and setting setup (Note to self: talk about trees again)

Dialogue where the town chooses Asdioh to be lynched and description of his horrible gruesome death

Asdioh was dressed as Lady Van Tassel, as seen in Sleepy Hollow (1999), and was Town.​

magic

Night 4 begins now and lasts 48 hours.

Asdioh replaces Ranmaru!

#HBC | Nabe

Theme Reveal!

Congratulations, players! You've all remembered who you are. Welcome to Harry Potter Mafia! You were all at the Hogwarts Staff Halloween Costume Party when somehow, you all lost your memories... the details are still hazy.

What you do know is that Gilderoy Lockhart's body is still lying on the floor (slightly decomposed at this point). Someone killed him... someone evil, right? So your town had best find them and sort 'em out.

• Dark Horse was really Igor Karkaroff, Town Miller.
  • Circus was really Severus Snape, Town Potions Master.
  • Sworddancer was really Dolores Umbridge, Independent Ministry Register.
  • Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!! was really Quirinus Quirrell, Mafia Horcrux-Yakuza.
  • Swiss was really Albus Dumbledore, Town Leader of the Light.
  • Asdioh was really Rita Skeeter, Town Yellow Journalist.

#HBC | Nabe

Day 5!

The sun rose over the Black Lake and the Forbidden Forest. No longer were these elements of the setting namelessly hinted at by the narrator, but instead they were overtly named! Also, in the morning there was a pool of blood, and someone missing. But where was the corpse?

Red Ryu was ???, ??? ???.​

Day 5 starts now! Deadline is September 26th at 3:30 p.m. Eastern.
With 11 players left, it's 6 votes to lynch.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This is awkward.

Turns out Ranmaru really was town. Remember when he said he was an Ewok? That's true... and his character is Professor Flitwick, which makes sense.

I'll roleclaim if I have to, but I doubt it will be necessary.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
This is awkward.

Turns out Ranmaru really was town. Remember when he said he was an Ewok? That's true... and his character is Professor Flitwick, which makes sense.

I'll roleclaim if I have to, but I doubt it will be necessary.
Asdioh, is this your defense for Ran's old slot? Because all you did was say you're town and repeat his claim. Since we know scum have safeclaims, this does little to no convincing of your innocence.

Give me reads on Gova, AA, and JTB.

Top Bottom