• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asdioh, is this your defense for Ran's old slot? Because all you did was say you're town and repeat his claim. Since we know scum have safeclaims, this does little to no convincing of your innocence.

Give me reads on Gova, AA, and JTB.
What else can I say? I had a town read on Ranmaru for a while, then he all but disappeared, and I followed Gheb's push on him because I had little else to go for. I had town reads on most players with no sure scumpicks.

Gova: disgusting lurker, but probably town.
AA: ultra inactive, but probably town.
JTB: much more questionable than the others. If I were to vote for any of those three, it would be JTB.

I'm considering voting Gheb, which makes me sad after what happened yesterDay.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 5-1

6/11 to lynch.

Gheb [3]: July, Tandora, Shadow Moth
Asdioh [1]: Gheb

Not voting: X1-12, Asdioh, Gova, JTB, Vult Redux, asianaussie, SangfroidWarrior

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] X1-12
Gova
JTB
Gheb > Asdioh
July > Gheb
Vult Redux
Asdioh
asianaussie
Shadow Moth > Gheb
SangfroidWarrior
Tandora > Gheb
[/collapse]

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Gova: disgusting lurker, but probably town.
AA: ultra inactive, but probably town.
Why do you think these things again?

TBH I would like to lynch one of those three today. We are letting these people slide and only focusing on the people who are talking. I am imagining an endgame where I am stuck having to choose between these people and I won't be able to make a good choice.

Not that I am against a Gheb or Ran lynch. But... these options are safer and I don't want to rush out with the votes without considering this.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Gheb, since your lead on Ranmaru was wrong, who else would you say is scum?
What do you think of X1 and Moth?

also @ Moth: regardless of what role I may or may not have, I replaced into this game with the assumption that everyone was a PR of some sort, due to the hidden flavor and it being a private game and etc.
Also I'm glad Rita Skeeter died. I had guessed I would be professor McGonagall or something :3

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why do you think these things again?

TBH I would like to lynch one of those three today. We are letting these people slide and only focusing on the people who are talking. I am imagining an endgame where I am stuck having to choose between these people and I won't be able to make a good choice.

Not that I am against a Gheb or Ran lynch. But... these options are safer and I don't want to rush out with the votes without considering this.
My read on AA being town is stronger than Gova being town. It's basically AA>Gova>JTB in terms of towniness.
Gova's defense was basically "lol at thinking I'm indy"
As for why townAA, I don't remember why. There's so little to go off of... ._.

Gheb's at L-2 btw, people.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Can somebody please explain to me in idiot terms (as in, as short and concise as you can possibly make it without sacrificing your points) why you all seem to think that Gheb is scum? I will do my own re-read on him but, July, no offense, your arguments aren't really helping me think he's scum. Also, sorry for not being able to post at the end of yesterDay. Some stuff happened and I was unable to post. To answer you, July, I'm not sure if I would have voted Ran over Asdioh but, honestly, I probably would have stuck with the Asdioh vote for a while longer unless something completely convinced me.

Asdioh and Gheb: Who do you plan on looking into more toDay?

All others currently not voting: Who do you think could be scum? What do you think of the rapidly forming wagon on Gheb?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Can somebody please explain to me in idiot terms (as in, as short and concise as you can possibly make it without sacrificing your points) why you all seem to think that Gheb is scum? I will do my own re-read on him but, July, no offense, your arguments aren't really helping me think he's scum. Also, sorry for not being able to post at the end of yesterDay. Some stuff happened and I was unable to post. To answer you, July, I'm not sure if I would have voted Ran over Asdioh but, honestly, I probably would have stuck with the Asdioh vote for a while longer unless something completely convinced me.

All others currently not voting: Who do you think could be scum? What do you think of the rapidly forming wagon on Gheb?
1) Tunneling inactives.
2) Tunneling Ran.
3) Being a hypocrite and trying to say that July and I are being closeminded about him when he's been that exact same thing with Ran's slot.
4) Lecturing on how to play.
5) Buddying Swiss.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
3) Being a hypocrite and trying to say that July and I are being closeminded about him when he's been that exact same thing with Asdioh's slot.
Changed this to X1 and it will be accurate, though I don't think he actually accused you of that.

:3

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Don't vote him yet, Sang. I want him to claim before the possibility of a quick lynch.

We're still mere hours into the Day.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1) Tunneling inactives.
2) Tunneling Ran.
3) Being a hypocrite and trying to say that July and I are being closeminded about him when he's been that exact same thing with Ran's slot.
4) Lecturing on how to play.
5) Buddying Swiss.
1.) Citation needed
2.) Not scummy
3.) Citation needed
4.) Not scummy
5.) ARE YOU KIDDING ME HOLY SHIP. WHEN IN GOGs NAME DID I BUDDY SWISS ARE YOU STUPID HOLY COW

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Seems kinda pointless to be honest. Do you expect ANYONE here to actually have the brains and reconsider what is going on right now? I could look into anybody toDay because almost everybody is scummy and hasn't really been looked into because this whole town was so terrible to tunnel Asdioh on nothing while you left the inactives just cruise through - but when I point it out it immediately makes me the bad guy, of course. You guys are so screwed ... I mean if Ryker didn't offer himself and scum didn't kill indy then you would've already lost. That's how terrible this town is.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Don't vote him yet, Sang. I want him to claim before the possibility of a quick lynch.
I didn't plan on voting him right now. The fact that he's at L-2 alread is stupid.

Seems kinda pointless to be honest. Do you expect ANYONE here to actually have the brains and reconsider what is going on right now? I could look into anybody toDay because almost everybody is scummy and hasn't really been looked into because this whole town was so terrible to tunnel Asdioh on nothing while you left the inactives just cruise through - but when I point it out it immediately makes me the bad guy, of course.
Way to just give a cop-out answer. Me, for one, because, at the moment, I don't think you're being all that scummy. The amount of inactives is a huge problem but it's not like we can just go around and kill all of them and leave the truly suspicious ones to just keep playing. According to them, it's your tunneling that is making you the bad guy. Who should I have my vote on and why?

Gheb said:
You guys are so screwed ... I mean if Ryker didn't offer himself and scum didn't kill indy then you would've already lost. That's how terrible this town is.
Instead of just complaining about it, why don't you do something to fix it?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Really? We have 11 people and the last post is almost 11 hours ago? By me, no less.

Alright, July, could you explain to me why you are bent on tunneling Gheb? Do you still think he's really scum including the fact that he wasn't on Asdioh's wagon and was trying to push against it?

X1, could you explain to me why you think Gheb is more scummy over everyone else?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Way to just give a cop-out answer. Me, for one, because, at the moment, I don't think you're being all that scummy. The amount of inactives is a huge problem but it's not like we can just go around and kill all of them and leave the truly suspicious ones to just keep playing.
Who are these "truly" suspicious players in your opinion? Last time I checked your main suspect was Asdioh #1 for the longest time and while you provided reasoning there were no fruitful results. You can#t expect me to give more than cop-out answers when you're being so vague and leave the most important question up in the air.

According to them, it's your tunneling that is making you the bad guy.
But at the same time it's OK when "they" are tunneling me? They tunnel me for tunneling. But I tunnel for inactivity. One of these actions has a double standard within them and one doesn't. Guess which one.

Who should I have my vote on and why?
Good question - why don't you answer it?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, I'd just like to add that looking at things objectively from a temporal distance all the arguments against me are starting to held less and less water and look really weak by now.

- I have switched my vote from a confirmed mafioso to an inactive player and prevented a lynch. But X1 and Sang have also insisted on the vote of a confirmed townie, while 4 other players had their votes on confirmed not-mafia. Yeah, yeah, yeah I did say I would've had my vote on EBR by the end of the Day phase and didn't follow suit but that was because - contrary to what people want to make believe - there was ample time to lynch Acrostic. If you can't see the merit of Acrostic's death by now then you should never ever sign up for a mafia game again. Inactivity is killing this game now as I predicted Days ago, while the rest tried to put me off with their replacement while lynching one of the most vocal, most pro-town players.

- I am "tunneling inactives" which is a baseless accusation and not true in the slightest. The only player I voted all game for activity reasons was Acrostic and looking at how his replacement affected the playerslot I'm going to freely admit that I would repeat that move any time. I'm not pushing Ranmaru for activity reasons at all, that should be obvious by now. In most of my game I have a MUCH harsher policy towards inactive players.
And let's not forget that the amount of tunneling I receive surpasses the amount of tunneling I commit by an OVERWHELMING amount.

- Can you really not see how Asdioh #2 is scum? July? Anybody? July for somebody who busts out ridiculous walls with each case fragmented into its smallest piece you're being awfully lenient on this playerslot considering that you've not even attempted to debunk ANY of the points I presented. My points @Ranmaru slot are MUCH more significant than yours @Gheb. And really, look at this whole situation and tell me again - who is the one that's ACTUALLY tunneling?

And if that doesn't convince you then look at how Asdioh has changed his way COMPLETELY upon getting his new role PM. YesterDay he'd vouch for me being town, agreed with all my points against Ran. And now all of a sudden as he replaces into this playerslot he's suddenly oh-so suspicious of me? Is it really that hard to see where I am coming from or are you all just terrible at this game?

July

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'd just like to add that looking at things objectively from a temporal distance all the arguments against me are starting to held less and less water and look really weak by now.

- I have switched my vote from a confirmed mafioso to an inactive player and prevented a lynch. But X1 and Sang have also insisted on the vote of a confirmed townie, while 4 other players had their votes on confirmed not-mafia. Yeah, yeah, yeah I did say I would've had my vote on EBR by the end of the Day phase and didn't follow suit but that was because - contrary to what people want to make believe - there was ample time to lynch Acrostic. If you can't see the merit of Acrostic's death by now then you should never ever sign up for a mafia game again. Inactivity is killing this game now as I predicted Days ago, while the rest tried to put me off with their replacement while lynching one of the most vocal, most pro-town players.
When did this happen? Link me to this please.

- Can you really not see how Asdioh #2 is scum? July? Anybody? July for somebody who busts out ridiculous walls with each case fragmented into its smallest piece you're being awfully lenient on this playerslot considering that you've not even attempted to debunk ANY of the points I presented. My points @Ranmaru slot are MUCH more significant than yours @Gheb. And really, look at this whole situation and tell me again - who is the one that's ACTUALLY tunneling?

And if that doesn't convince you then look at how Asdioh has changed his way COMPLETELY upon getting his new role PM. YesterDay he'd vouch for me being town, agreed with all my points against Ran. And now all of a sudden as he replaces into this playerslot he's suddenly oh-so suspicious of me? Is it really that hard to see where I am coming from or are you all just terrible at this game?

I have addressed your points when you brought them up back on D3. Since then the only thing you've added to your reasons why Ran is scummy is going inactive, which isn't indicative of alignment since he quit mafia altogether here and on ms. With his early play I looked at his intentions, and even when he did stuff I didn't agree with I saw pro-town intentions from him. He tried to get conversation started and tried to scumhunt while he was here. I see scum intentions behind your actions, especially when you consider that you supported the EBR lynch up to a certain point and then when that looked set ONLY THEN did you start focusing on inactives. First you set out for an inactive lynch to save EBR, and then to save yourself.

Also Asdioh did express suspicion of you towards the end of the Day yesterDay, so he had doubts about you before switching into Ran's spot.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Does anyone remember who exactly was on my wagon when I was lynched? I remember me, X1, Moth, Sang, and then facepalmRR.
July wasn't on there, was she?
:(?
Also Asdioh did express suspicion of you towards the end of the Day yesterDay, so he had doubts about you before switching into Ran's spot.
^^

In all honesty, I never had a super strong scumread on Ran. In fact,
Oh hey an earlygame votecount.Do/did people actually think Ran was scum? This wagon smells to me. Ran was actually one of the towniest looking players early on to me. His list of questions to get things started is part of what convinced me.

I know nothing about acrostic
EBR's vote: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13187964&postcount=67 (lolbus)
Joey's vote was here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13199603&postcount=133 (loljustification)
Circus and DH were town
Red Ruy voted here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13203369&postcount=168 (Red Ruy is town right?)
Asdioh never underestimate the inability of town.
That was one of my earliest posts.

Why did I want Ran lynched, then? Three reasons:
1. The most likely other lynch was me. Self-preservation (which you can't say is scummy since I already flipped town :troll:)
2. Gheb was pushing it really hard and going against the grain, trying to back up his position, so I thought he might be on to something, despite my misgivings.
3. Ran was inactive, and I'd rather have him lynched to help my read on Gheb than have myself lynched for obvious reasons, or Gheb lynched because he was one of the few remaining who would help push the game in any sort of direction, regardless of his alignment.

Basically, I wanted Ran to be scum, and I wanted Gheb to be town.

Ran was not scum, and still isn't scum (speaking of which, how exactly do Yakuzas work?)
Gheb, I'm not sure if he's town.

A Gheb lynch seems most likely, but despite that, and the possibility of him flipping scum, I'd still prefer a JTB lynch, at least for toDay. Let's see if that can happen @_@

Vote: JTB

July

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone remember who exactly was on my wagon when I was lynched? I remember me, X1, Moth, Sang, and then facepalmRR.
I was, because of J's shenanigans before your replacement and honestly having trouble reading you once you did replace in, as well as the fact that my Gheb push did not go through so I had to acquiesce to either your lynch or a Ran lynch.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Town tier:
Asdmaru
July
Vult Redux
asianaussie
SangfroidWarrior
Tandora

Bleck Tier:
JTB
Gova
Gheb
Shadow Moth
X1-12

July is my strongest townread. She's the only one I can (hopefully, omg I hate reading her) say with certainty is town.

I'll do a reread of JTB's slot, but I don't remember anything of value from either players.

Gova might be town, but lol.

Gheb can die another day :p

I already pointed out what I thought was scummy about Moth (tunnel defense with nothing to back it up on confirmed scum [EBR], tunnel attack on confirmed town [Jdioh]) yet everyone has a townread on him.

X1, similar to Moth, tunneled the everliving poop out of my slot, with no backup plan for my townflip besides I think the promise to vote Gheb, right?

July

Smash Apprentice
@Asdioh: What do you think aa has done that is town?

I agree with most of your list, JTB replaced Acrostic and since EBR and Gheb have been pushing him hard as a lynch I'm leaning more town with him. I also have X1 more null because he's hard to read his intentions but his content satiates me for now. AA I'd put in the bleck list because I feel like he's been content coasting since D1 and despite Gheb's thing about inactives he's pretty much ignored AA's uselessness and instead went after Acrostic.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@Asdioh: What do you think aa has done that is town?

I agree with most of your list, JTB replaced Acrostic and since EBR and Gheb have been pushing him hard as a lynch I'm leaning more town with him. I also have X1 more null because he's hard to read his intentions but his content satiates me for now. AA I'd put in the bleck list because I feel like he's been content coasting since D1 and despite Gheb's thing about inactives he's pretty much ignored AA's uselessness and instead went after Acrostic.
Swiss said he's town :denzel:
And I personally feel that way too, despite the extreme lack of content.
I mean, he was kind of like this in Touhou mafia, but this time it feels...

idk

\(o_o)/

we can only lynch one person per Day!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Asdioh [7]: SangfroidWarrior, Ranmaru, Shadow Moth, X1-12, July, Asdioh, Red Ryu
(From post 1644, but I added RR at the end)

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Since it doesn't look like Gheb has any intention of claiming despite being at L-2, feel free to lynch him.

Asdioh I don't like JTB either. I'd be with you on that lynch if I didn't think Gheb was scummier.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
EBWOP

I should point out that the only change I'd make to Asidoh's lists is switch AA's and Smoth's spots. I don't see what Asidoh sees in AA, and Smoth seems to be keeping up and making a genuine effort.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
1.) Citation needed (Tunneling inactives)
2.) Not scummy
3.) Citation needed (Being a hypocrite and trying to say that July and I are being closeminded about him when he's been that exact same thing with Ran's slot.)
4.) Not scummy
5.) ARE YOU KIDDING ME HOLY SHIP. WHEN IN GOGs NAME DID I BUDDY SWISS ARE YOU STUPID HOLY COW

1) Posts 912, 977, 1153, 1190

3)
July / Tandora, knowing you two I'm fairly certain that you have not considered the fact that I could be town at all. What would your plans be if I flip town? That's not a rhetorical question and I think it's pretty important to know. It's annoying how July ignores my requests to debunk my arguments on why Ranmaru is scum. How long are you gonna turn a blind eye to how scummy he is? How long are you gonna john for his recent non-input?

Yeah and that's a huge problem.

You're not even taking into account that you could be wrong, plain and simply. In essence that's synonymous to playing with a blindfold trial and error style. Instead of trying to predict hypothetical outcomes [hence me using "if" and not "when] to see where your so-called reads are actually leading to you latch onto something you don't like and place all your hope into it becoming true - and then you turn out to be wrong and you're back at zero because you've spent no thoughts on other possibilities. If you haven't made any yet then I challenge you to do so now because you're probably going to tunnel me for the rest of the game unless you're starting to open your mind now. So tell me, what would your plan be if you actually managed to lynch me and I were to flip town? Please do us this favor - show everybody that you haven't actually thought this whole thing through at all.

5) Post 910, 969, 970, 975

Top Bottom