• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So if I get 3 prestige tokens right off the bat does that mean I can buy 3 custom classes and I keep them no matter how many times I prestige?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Am I the only one that actually laughed out loud at the part in the trailer where it said "The most anticipated game in history"? My god they're just delusional.

Anyway I thought watching all these new trailers would start some sort of excitment in me but they never. The strike package trailer actually put me off the game more than I thought it would. Oddly the only thing that made me want to play is the fact that one of the multiplayer maps takes place in the streets of London, which I thought was kinda cool.

Did they ever stop calling the UK "England" in their trailers though?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So if I get 3 prestige tokens right off the bat does that mean I can buy 3 custom classes and I keep them no matter how many times I prestige?
I think you have to wait until you unlock the prestige shop at the max level. Then there, you can spend your tokens. (I'm not going to prestige in CoD4...:glare:)

Am I the only one that actually laughed out loud at the part in the trailer where it said "The most anticipated game in history"? My god they're just delusional.

Anyway I thought watching all these new trailers would start some sort of excitment in me but they never. The strike package trailer actually put me off the game more than I thought it would. Oddly the only thing that made me want to play is the fact that one of the multiplayer maps takes place in the streets of London, which I thought was kinda cool.

You can't argue that the Call of Duty series/franchise is currently the #1 FPS on the market. They were successful in overtaking Halo back in 2009. (CoD4 and Halo 3 fought it out from 2007-2009. W@W did nothing.)

17 more days, guys! :)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
It's noteworthy to say though that Halo is xbox exclusive while CoD isn't, adding to CoD's overtaking of Halo. However, if we're only talking about the 360 (as of december 2009), Halo 3 itself has sold more than CoD4 AND WaW combined. Halo 3 has sold (as of dec 09) 8.1 million copies, CoD4 4.2, WaW 3.5. So you can't say WaW did nothing. MW2 is what ***** Halo 3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It's noteworthy to say though that Halo is xbox exclusive while CoD isn't, adding to CoD's overtaking of Halo. However, if we're only talking about the 360 (as of december 2009), Halo 3 itself has sold more than CoD4 AND WaW combined. Halo 3 has sold (as of dec 09) 8.1 million copies, CoD4 4.2, WaW 3.5. So you can't say WaW did nothing. MW2 is what ***** Halo 3
CoD4 has sold over 13 million copies. Anyways, this isn't the right thread to discuss this.

IMO, MW3 has to impress or else they're going to lose a lot of their hardcore fanbase, being disappointed twice in a row has hurt CoD's reputation IMO. (With MW2 and Black Ops)

If they can patch/fix a lot of stuff, I think we'll have a real winner here.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
CoD4 has sold over 13 million copies. Anyways, this isn't the right thread to discuss this.

IMO, MW3 has to impress or else they're going to lose a lot of their hardcore fanbase, being disappointed twice in a row has hurt CoD's reputation IMO. (With MW2 and Black Ops)

If they can patch/fix a lot of stuff, I think we'll have a real winner here.
Black Ops was considered to be disappointing? From what I heard it sold more than any other CoD game so far. Maybe I'm mistaken.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Im personally really really looking forward to MW3 as a result of skipping black ops.

I haven't played cod since everyone moved onto bops, so MW3 will still be fresh to me, regardless of how it does.

:phone:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Black Ops was considered to be disappointing? From what I heard it sold more than any other CoD game so far. Maybe I'm mistaken.
Half of the community. And trollarch has IW to thank for stealing a lot of their ideas and their game engine. You're welcome.

Im personally really really looking forward to MW3 as a result of skipping black ops.

I haven't played cod since everyone moved onto bops, so MW3 will still be fresh to me, regardless of how it does.

I can't wait to play with you again! Just like old times! :)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Want some cheese with that whine?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Eh, still not excited for this game. This is the kind of game I'm going to just scam off GameFly because God knows that I'm not going to give these people any of my money. The only reason why I'd want MW3 is because of that airplane thing and because of the fact that France is in this game and because the US finally gets invaded for once and I want to laugh at the Americans in this game for retardedness

Besides that, the multiplayer does not attract me at all. Black Ops was the final straw and since this game won't get dedicated servers and change te knife up, I'm not going to waste my time playing the multiplayer religiously

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Eh, still not excited for this game. This is the kind of game I'm going to just scam off GameFly because God knows that I'm not going to give these people any of my money. The only reason why I'd want MW3 is because of that airplane thing and because of the fact that France is in this game and because the US finally gets invaded for once and I want to laugh at the Americans in this game for retardedness

Besides that, the multiplayer does not attract me at all. Black Ops was the final straw and since this game won't get dedicated servers and change te knife up, I'm not going to waste my time playing the multiplayer religiously

The U.S. was invaded in MW2.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Moar pepper with that salt?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
@F8AL: they were? What mission? And why the **** did no one complain then, but then a bunch of Americans get butt devastated when they see a poster based on Time magazine showin America getting *****?

@TRG: Actually can I just have more salt instead of pepper? My dinner just sucks and I don't plan on buying a meal from these chefs again

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@F8AL: they were? What mission? And why the **** did no one complain then, but then a bunch of Americans get butt devastated when they see a poster based on Time magazine showin America getting *****?

@TRG: Actually can I just have more salt instead of pepper? My dinner just sucks and I don't plan on buying a meal from these chefs again

When you took the White House back........

Anyways, take this conversation to VMs guys.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Sure, just as long as you eat your dinner elsewhere cause none of the other customers here could give two ****s over how "salty" your meal is.

Seriously guys the cod hate is getting old.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
@F8AL
You being mad about Treyarch using the engine makes no sense imo. If it ain't broke don't fix it

I'm also just going to assume Fuelbi took a nap during all the Ramirez sections of MW2

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Haha, but seriously guys, MW3 discussion in this thread please.
Ok, well I'm pretty intrigued by the double xp for every cod game. I still need to prestige in waw at least once. But I need a safe way to do it to avoid hackers and stuff like that. Anyone know if there's a cage match playlist so I can boost with someone, this way I can be safe from hackers. Also, I wonder if I can spend all my prestige point on custom classes. Then I could start MW3 with 9 custom classes (well that's if I prestige in WaW before MW3 comes out).

S

smash brawl player 99021

you use gamefly.
argument=invalid

I think I'm gonna burn one or two Prestige tokens on Double XP for the first few levels...

Browny

Smash Hater
Yeah rofl, theyre getting a fair bit of slack for that (aussie slang idc if you guys dont use that term)

Apparently Diablo 3 has that title...

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I can't load the video. What's it about?

And yeah, Zajice, I'm not surprised.

But it may be the most anticipated by the twelve year olds that do nothing but play CoD.

And you know that's most of the playerbase.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'll be honest, the movie is nothing like his actual concerts.

Top Bottom