• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UTrick'd2, OVER! Mafia wins!

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Twilight has ended!

An optimistic hush falls over the town as they surround Werekill. He could see the murderous intent in their eyes...

"Guys, I'm just a city girl trying to make it in this big crazy world!"

BUT THEN HE GOT AN ERECTION SO HARD THAT HE DIED

ITS A THING THAT COULD HAPPEN

LIKE MAYBE HE WAS REALLY INTO BEING SURROUNDED BY MOBS

Regardless, you all reluctantly pull back the pants TO FIND...

Kim (the german transsexual), Mafia Horrible, Horrible Trap has been lynched (or the boner thing, the important thing is s/he is dead)

It is now Night Phase! You've got 48 hours to send in your commands, but if you're not jerks we'll start before then!

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
And also Meadowsizzle awakens from their coma! Its a Christmas miracle!

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
N3 has ended!

As per always, you all awaken at exactly the same time. You're starting to think a wizard controls your sleep schedule, though you soon discard that as preposterous.

But what's this? Some sleepheads are snoozing! How insulting to the fictional wizard you made up!

But who is it? Could it be...

IT IS

Kantrip, Animal Barrels, Town Transfigurer has been killed during the night!

BUT WAIT

IF YOU ORDER IN THE NEXT 15 MINUTES YOU'LL ALSO FIND THAT

GORF'S SPINE HAS BEEN SHATTERED! He can still speak, but will be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life...

Day 4 Begins! Deadline is set for December 19th at 11:59 PM!

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'll save you the trouble. Anything that you could normally do in the thread is unchanged, since its based around your ability to speak.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Hi guys, how is life? :cool:

Alright, since Kantrip inevitably died and stupidly used my jailer target on what town was leaning on, allow me to explain some things.

last night, i was given an offer by Kantrip to go into a barrel, it was a pretty cool offer but i stared at it for the longest time, unblinking, thinking about life..and stuff..it's really deep :cool:

eventually, i was forced into a barrel and changed into an ostrich, Kantrip crumbed this at the beginning of the day and istantly knew Kantrip was town at that point.

I was not informed of being role-blocked, being re-directed, or any other manner, i'm heavily assuming that it successfully went through.

So, does this change your read on LAK now? do you think we're dealing with indies rather than a last scum member? who's the indies?

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE AWAKE

Time to roll heads.

I left just when Inferno started spewing AtE out the ***, so let's start from there with all important issues that I found:

1. I hate Soup's gambit. Let's start with this:

fos: Soup (I don't want to vote as it might put him at L-2)

Prove your bloody ****ing role tonight. You are our lynch today and if you are what you claim, save yourself, then use your motivator role on us. I don't write passes for **** play if there's no actual evidence giving me a reason to write a pass.

And yes, your play has been ****. Your reads have been very convenient for you if not completely illogical. They've also been static (that's a scumtell, by the way) to my knowledge. For a majority of D1 and D2 you had us as null or null-leaning scum because you, to my knowledge, backed up what Red Ruy said and thought we were posting fluff, that you didn't get a usual feel for me, or some bull**** like that.

Do I need to bludgeon you over the head with a bunch of reaction .gifs to make you get a feel? This is the second time someone's tried to pull this **** on me. Asidoh did it in D.Gray too. GUESS WHAT HE FLIPPED.

So, despite the fact that you had a null or null-leaning-scum read on us that's never really changed to my knowledge, you have done none of the following:
1. Look at our posts trying to gauge an actual read yourself
2. Pressure us so you can gauge an alignment because you can't get it from our posts.
3. Ask questions to try to reassure alignment that way

So, rather than actually try to get a read on us, because we damn well aren't the type to sit at null for three day phases, you held us at arm's length for some reason or another, refusing to either push us or call us town.

Throw in the fact that you continued to do this after Zeke claimed Cop with an Inno read on us doesn't make any sense. You trusted Zeke's claim and put him from null to town, meaning you trusted what he said, but you didn't trust his result.

It makes no ****ing sense unless you're scum trying to keep a naggling bit of doubt around us.

You have done relatively nothing the entire game. You've not pushed anyone yourself. You've not made any individual cases. Hell, the only thing you did that I can trace back to you individually is the entire gambit with your role and I don't like that self-serving action one bit. You were unnecessarily pissed off when people weren't listening to you and giving you an opportunity to use your role and you were thoroughly hypocritical with a lot of the things you said. I don't like that.

You were hypocritical with Inferno, pushing him as our best scum case but then trying to give him an opportunity to save himself without listening to anyone else saying, "No Soup, don't do this." Especially after Broto flat-out told you not to use your role unless others give you permission to do so because the nature of your role right now is AntiTown.

Hey guys, ask me why I don't trust his claim again.

So, in short, here's why I don't like Soup and haven't since the game began:
-His only action that might save him is his claim
-Said claim came about after pissing and moaning because people weren't going to give him the opportunity to do it
-Yet he claimed that he didn't want to claim, he just wanted to flat-out do it without telling anyone what he was doing. The only way this is somehow town, and I'm beginning to see it now, is that he would've asked around if someone had received someone pointing at them or some ****
-Motivator **** is halfway bogus because it's easy to just break it or for it to break something, I don't believe potentially broken roles
-Forgot to mention that he immediately opened D3 by looking directly at night actions and trying to get others to spend time on that WIFOM-loaded subject rather than continue with cases
-Cases that he doesn't have, probably because he has no motivation to scumhunt
-That he continues to push because of some flavor restriction bull****
-Has been thoroughly useless a majority of the time, as he hasn't pushed anyone in particular and his only strong pushes have been on a guy he tried to save at the last second, and I guess Werekill, albeit I give him about a fraction of the credit for that bull****.
-HIS READS OH GOG HIS READS DON'T MAKE SENSE AND HIS NULLS HAVE BEEN FOR THE MOST PART STATIC BUT HE WON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM
-Freeblock *****ed at Soup for explanation for one of his reads for multiple pages and he didn't do anything or give any explanation about it.
-His notes screamed fabricated since he had to stall for time without giving us any sort of a cliffsnotes

I don't care if you cite Broto's grandstanding about him being obvtown. I'm not willing to clear him for having a role that's AntiTown and I don't trust Soup at all based on his play. Sure, his claim essentially pigeonholes him the second he acts up and uses it, and I get why Broto wasn't going to do anything to him. But I'm not Broto, and I can see ways for Soup to essentially work himself into a position where he doesn't have to use his governor power. Considering both his would-be scummates are dead, if he is a scumgov, he can sit back and not have to use his power for the rest of the game.

Think gogdammit guys. Even if he's not scum, he's the scummiest player alive right now and one bull**** claim should not be saving him from the noose. Everything he's been doing can't particularly be justified.

P.S. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13790050&postcount=1945
Bull****

2. We are not lynching LAK.

I read Red Ruy's bull****. I read the dumb things he did. I question his motives too. Problem is, his role has been in action and there have been claims backing up his claim. Bronar claimed something about an arsonist or getting splashed D2 and Zeke got one as well. Considering Bronar's death flavor literally summed him up as being burnt to ashes, then LAK's role is a counter to that killer, probably an arsonist of sorts.

He is what he claims. His role sounds pretty ProTown. Unless you can give me a good reason it's not, I'm not lynching him. I saw all the Mafia Firefighter **** but that's a stretch. I'm surprised a guy who quite literally pulled Occam's Razor on us earlier is disregarding the simpler answer here. It's easier to assume the role is ProTown due to its nature being ProTown, than it is being ProScum because killing the indy also helps scum. Protip: It helps town too, *******es.

3. I'm not against mass-claiming.

But it's not the time for it yet. We'll probably need it to peg the indy but we're not trying to peg the indy yet.

4. Freeblock, I hate the way you're doing things but I'm not ready to call you scum for it.

Before I go into my reasoning though, answer me this: do you know what mechanical scumhunting is?

5. At the moment, the only people I relatively trust are Gorf and Kantrip.

They're the only ones with their heads on straight and doing things correctly or with the right reasons. I still think Gorf's a bit too silent for my taste but you don't need to write a book on the reasons for lynching Werekill (though I think he missed a few good examples of Werekill fitting textbook scum play). Kantrip's playing an obvtown game.

Last minute edit: Kantrip died, ffs

6. @Werekill Case/Wagon/Anything involving D3's lynch choice in general:

Honestly, just watching his reactions in general sold the farm to me. Freeblock nailed it with deflection point, I'm surprised he didn't just sell himself right onto the Werekill wagon right there. Werekill played a very textbook scum game and he was obvious by about three pages in. Nothing he did made himself seem better after it, especially his desperation moves to deflect his wagon to LAK. I about facepalmed at this post. I'm surprised the phase took as long as it did, but that's probably because people had the urge to sit around like *******es after Broto made a great example of what happens to the game when you don't let that happen.

Protip: it stays active!

7. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13778123&postcount=1774

That happened to Asidoh in D.Gray. GUESS WHAT HE FLIPPED?

Seriously, Soup reminds me a lot of Asidoh in D.Gray. Circumstances are way different, and I'm not calling Soup scum for it, but it's just really weird to me.

8. Take Werekill's grain with a hint of salt.

He pegged himself as what he was but what he claimed about his role does not make him sound like a scum role. As such, because he flipped scum, I can't trust him.

9. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13790834&postcount=1998

You know me better than that, Gorf. I'm hurt.

#HBC | ѕoup

I have re-gained my role back, by the way, and i my restriction is back into place :cool:

#HBC | ѕoup

Hi, Washed.
I'm not gambitting, there is no reason to gambit here and i'm trying to explain what happened last night, i'm serverely dissapointed i didn't protect kantrip, though.

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
EBWOP: Where the **** is your ****ty gogdamn readslist bull****ted notes you faked to make it look like you actually were doing ****.

I wanna discuss your reads in depth.

#HBC | ѕoup

That's not a gambit either, that's my real role and the entirety of it, i don't need to do gambit to win a game, i'm awaiting a case so i can refute it and we can easily move on with our lives, and start talking about possible indies, yo. :cool:
Okay MS, calm down, bro.

Not all things need to be obtuse, some things are just seen in clear day, and i didn't fake those notes btw but that's up to you to believe what you want.

Apart of not giving reads is laziness and knowing i can get away with it, and besides i don't explain them to a solid point but i can tell certain things i read that pique or spark reads.

Right now i don't have any reads i'm confident on, as i haven't been reading the thread as of late, just skating on whatever people give me, i'm going to read Zeke and i'm going to read JO_OEY's slot, i really thought JO_OEY's slot in general as scummy, as i remember JO_OEY in the beginning of the game making bold statements but never following up, he still has that JO_OEY attitude sometimes though, the constant swearing and calling of everyone idiots, it's quite charming.

either way, MS, you agree with me indies are more possible? are you looking at the context and results of who i jailed and the actions given from them?

#HBC | ѕoup

Also, to the concern of me wanting credit, it's just to give myself a pat on the back as my reads has been solid this game despite lack of action.

T-block

B2B TST
good to have you back meadow

4. Freeblock, I hate the way you're doing things but I'm not ready to call you scum for it.

Before I go into my reasoning though, answer me this: do you know what mechanical scumhunting is?
looking for standard tells and pushing them without considering intent behind the actions?

it's been a problem of mine in the past, but not so much anymore imo. curious as to what you're getting at.

LAK i'd be okay with if it weren't for his terrible push on me followed by that huge backpedal.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
My basement has a bunch of spiders in it. ****ing spiders are the worst.

Vote Count​
Soup [2] - Gordito, T-Block
Composer[0]
T-Block[0]
LAK[0]
Zeke The Moth[0]
Meadowsizzle[0]
Gordito [0]

Not voting: Soup, Composer, LAK, Zeke The Moth, Meadowsizzle

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch! Deadline for D4 is set at December 19th at 11:59 PM!

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
That's not a gambit either, that's my real role and the entirety of it, i don't need to do gambit to win a game, i'm awaiting a case so i can refute it and we can easily move on with our lives, and start talking about possible indies, yo. :cool:
Okay MS, calm down, bro.
I gave it. I don't need specific ****ing examples, especially when I already gave the outline of my case above. lrn2read yo :cool:

Not all things need to be obtuse, some things are just seen in clear day, and i didn't fake those notes btw but that's up to you to believe what you want.
But there is a difference.
Between being obtuse.
And being useless.

GUESS WHICH ONE YOU ARE?

When have you given anything of merit that has had nothing to do with your role? When have you contributed to any major case for anything more than a vote? When did you actively push something and try to scumhunt instead of leading town astray down paths that they shouldn't be going down?

Apart of not giving reads is laziness and knowing i can get away with it,
You're at L-2 and looking like you're the play today.

and besides i don't explain them to a solid point but i can tell certain things i read that pique or spark reads.
what

Right now i don't have any reads i'm confident on,
Bull****. You lost Kantrip and Broto and now you don't have any confident reads? When there's more than enough on Gorf, myself, and Freeblock to make solid reads on? And you're not even looking into any of the three of us? Remember one of my points against you is that you won't solidify important reads on more active players, choosing to let them go by the wayside for lesser players?

Yeh, that's still a thing that's happened. It didn't stop existing in any way or fashion. Nor did it stop being a scum tell at any point in time.

either way, MS, you agree with me indies are more possible? are you looking at the context and results of who i jailed and the actions given from them?
We're not talking about indies. We're talking about your ****ty play. Where did this jailer **** come from and why should I believe you?

T-block

B2B TST
Right now i don't have any reads i'm confident on, as i haven't been reading the thread as of late, just skating on whatever people give me, i'm going to read Zeke and i'm going to read JO_OEY's slot, i really thought JO_OEY's slot in general as scummy, as i remember JO_OEY in the beginning of the game making bold statements but never following up, he still has that JO_OEY attitude sometimes though, the constant swearing and calling of everyone idiots, it's quite charming.
why the **** are you choosing zeke and joey as your read targets

#HBC | ѕoup

Washed, do you read or do you just get angry and spout whatever you're thinking? i just said in my post above (before that one) how everything went down, read it again while i reply to your constant anger fest.

#HBC | ѕoup

PoE.

Don't see LAK as scum
Gorf is obv town
Meadow still plays null but his latest spout of anger is something to look into
Zeke was a lingering scum-read i had that changed with a cop result for an instance
JO_OEY's slot was scummy

how hard is this? do you people not understand concise logic?

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
good to have you back meadow

looking for standard tells and pushing them without considering intent behind the actions?

it's been a problem of mine in the past, but not so much anymore imo. curious as to what you're getting at.
NOPE!

It's acting like every scumtell is universal and expecting that one player can be incriminated for the same reasons as another player. This often leads to mislynches and anyone doing it that actually knows better is likely scum, as it's an easy way to look like you're scumhunting. However, this is usually only a scumtell on experienced players who know that each player has to be analyzed solely on their own merits and that scumtells aren't universal tells.

Hence why I asked. You've been expecting players to do this a lot and I don't like your methods. I saw Werekill do it too, but Werekill was scummy as **** doing it whereas you seem to be doing it out of sheer ignorance.

LAK i'd be okay with if it weren't for his terrible push on me followed by that huge backpedal.
He's not worthwhile and Werekill made me more okay with him with all of his shenanigans at the end of the phase.

T-block

B2B TST
NOPE!

It's acting like every scumtell is universal and expecting that one player can be incriminated for the same reasons as another player. This often leads to mislynches and anyone doing it that actually knows better is likely scum, as it's an easy way to look like you're scumhunting. However, this is usually only a scumtell on experienced players who know that each player has to be analyzed solely on their own merits and that scumtells aren't universal tells.

Hence why I asked. You've been expecting players to do this a lot and I don't like your methods. I saw Werekill do it too, but Werekill was scummy as **** doing it whereas you seem to be doing it out of sheer ignorance.
enlighten me then on where i've been guilty of this, or are you just gonna keep teaching me how to play? =P

He's not worthwhile and Werekill made me more okay with him with all of his shenanigans at the end of the phase.
as i said, ultimately, i agree that werekill basically cleared the slot

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
Washed, do you read or do you just get angry and spout whatever you're thinking? i just said in my post above (before that one) how everything went down, read it again while i reply to your constant anger fest.
No, I shout at idiots who deserve shouting at. You've been a consistent non-factor in this game, have been ****ing useless, and to top it all off, you've been acting like you're the towniest of town and unlynchable. I don't buy your ****ing claim. I've reread the page twice now and can't find anything about a jailer claim other than a sudden "oh i should've jailed kantrip last night." something about turning into an ostrich or something, idfk.

I don't like you. I don't like how every time we pressure you about your play, you try to turn the subject to something that's not your play. I'm not writing passes for your ****ing claims, give me a reason to think you're worth keeping around that doesn't have to do with your gogdamn role. Stop rerouting discussion away from your play. Let's talk about your play. It's been ****. I want answers.

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
enlighten me then on where i've been guilty of this, or are you just gonna keep teaching me how to play? =P
youvbronar is a great example of you trying to force him to do it.

I'm pretty sure I saw you do it elsewhere but that was the one that stuck.

as i said, ultimately, i agree that werekill basically cleared the slot
/sagenod

#HBC | ѕoup

Also, Meadow, if you remember, i pushed on Kantrip for the beginning of the game for a long time, i even concluded that he was leaning town afterwards.

I also pushed on inferno in a effort to get some reads out of him along with possibly saving an obv-townie, i also subtly started the Werekill thing with gorf D3.

don't tell me i haven't done things i've done things enough and even if they aren't presented to where you're satisfied you can shove it and listen to them like you should be right now.

#HBC | ѕoup

Was is it about my play you don't like? they all seem like minor gripes that don't solidify as anything, as they're just incessant pot-shots with little proof, you can do this all day and i can keep doing it all day with you but there is some point where you need to sit down and understand that i'm town, bro.

Yeah, i worry about the mechanics sometimes and yeah i do use things to my advantage despite being town, i don't play mafia that way, i play it to my leisure and my schedule, which i guess you coulda say could be another reason about your gripes, which like i said seem to be "hurr your play is **** scum only play bad"

if you could stop being ignorant and start looking at the intent of things, maybe we wouldn't be having this argument.

T-block

B2B TST
youvbronar is a great example of you trying to force him to do it.

I'm pretty sure I saw you do it elsewhere but that was the one that stuck.

/sagenod
idk what you want me to say if that's all you're gonna bring up. i'm assuming this is about asking brosuke about the difference between zeke and werekill?

i am immediately suspicious of anyone that shows hypocritical tendencies in their pushes, and i think i'm justified in doing so. if someone says "person X is scum because of reasons A and B", but person Y is also guilty of A and B yet receives no mention, isn't that odd? i can't think of a reason town would be justified in doing that, outside of some sort of mod-confirmed information or something

Meadowsizzle

Smash Rookie
Also, Meadow, if you remember, i pushed on Kantrip for the beginning of the game for a long time, i even concluded that he was leaning town afterwards.
you put your vote on him.

then asked him some questions.

then took your vote off him.

whoopdy-****in'-do

I also pushed on inferno in a effort to get some reads out of him along with possibly saving an obv-townie, i also subtly started the Werekill thing with gorf D3.
no you didn't subtly start the werekill thing, that was gorf. you put your vote on him, gorf did the heavy lifting, all the arguing, and got him lynched. where were you? gone.

ACTUALLY LET'S TALK ABOUT INFERNO NOW THAT YOU'VE SO KINDLY TRIED TO BRING HIM UP.

Why did you push him so hard only to turn around and think he might've been town and give him a chance to save himself? That was a very quick 180 you pulled with absolutely no justification for it.

don't tell me i haven't done things i've done things enough and even if they aren't presented to where you're satisfied you can shove it and listen to them like you should be right now.
I'll start believing you've done things when you actually do do something. You were gone most of D3 (convenient while your scumbud was getting killed). You were useless most of D2 and the only thing of merit I remember you doing was the **** with your role. I don't even remember what you did D1 outside of Kantrip.

This isn't townSoup. I know when townSoup is actually pushing something. I know when he's actually committed to a case. You've been tentative and behind the scenes all game, and that's not usual for you. The only thing you've tried to push this game is town in places it shouldn't be going. Don't sell me this bull****.

Top Bottom