• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UTrick'd2, OVER! Mafia wins!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Imo if Zeke would've played the supertown he would've easily drawn the kills instead of his stupid *** gambit.

That's just what I would've done though.
Yeh, I'm gonna have to agree here. I had him pegged as some sort of a protective because he was trying not to get killed, but scum weren't intelligent enough to figure that out.

Also, I doubt you would've killed us even if we did target you. Our kill is supposed to bypass protection (LOOKS LIKE THERE WASN'T ANY THOUGH), and I don't see how you can Shoryuken a gaping ****ing hole.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
mvp meadow or nobody

I don't think the winning faction is the only one to be able to deserve MVP. Meadow's play was great and close to faultless.
edit; except that dumb soup quicklynch wtf
Wanted him dead, was hoping Freeblock would leave us alone for a night, and we thought we still had our kill protection. Glyfe never told us it popped. Imagine my face when he told us we died.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Interesting game.

Meadow rejected my barrel that I was going to give to Ryker. I should have given it to Ryker instead. I even crumbed that I was going to do it when I said something about "parroting" Ryker, as I used the Squawks the Parrot barrel that Night.
Stew pretty much predicted your flavor and I didn't want any part of the after effects. I didn't want you finding out my role, I didn't want to change alignments, and I didn't want to lose my kill. I couldn't say what your role did, so I left that **** alone.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Kantrip rejected my toast =(

How did Meadow win the game for mafia? Even if he didn't kill Gord in the end, I'm super confident we would have lynched you over me.
Confidence=/=assurance.

Gog I love being indy. Even when I lose, it's still fun tipping the game into someone else's favor.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Meadow won the game because his play was stronger than yours. You were a fish out of water after the Acrostic debacle and Werekill getting lynched.

It's an additional element of play that could have DRASTICALLY changed endgame, and because he "unintentionally" removed himself from the game by attempting to kill me, you were able to secure an easy mislynch on an inactive, followed by his extra kill straight up securing your win.

We don't know how You vs. Me with Gord would have played out, regardless of how confident we are post-game.
The only way it was going to LyLo was if Gorf had been his kill as well. You wouldn't have had Gorf.

However, given LAK's random suspicions on him earlier, it would've been interesting to play out. I don't know why he would've stuck with the flipped indy's claim of not killing LAK because his role was anti-indy. I would've WIFOMed the **** out of that if I were in his shoes.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I lynched em expecting scum too. And I don't regret lynching em either, cuz it WAS hilarious :p.
If anything, this might teach him that he can't sit on his *** most of the game and then ride bull**** claims whenever his *** comes under fire. It's not UTrick'd1 Soup, but it's pretty ****ing terrible play the entire way and I wanted him gone pretty much since D2. He was either scum or a useless townie to me.

Had I NOT taken that leader position, similar to the one that I had to take in D Gray, a Werekill lynch simply would NOT have happened.
oh gog you as a leader in d.gray fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that ****

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I was aware that I was going to get lynched D1 the day after Ryker called me out. Cost benefit analysis, an Acrostic mafia flip would lead to town getting information on Ryker's alignment as a bus wouldn't be optimal on D1. Giving some information on Ryker's alignment versus saving me who was already under suspicion would be a no brainer decision given the high standard shared on Ryker's scumhunting prowess. I didn't think Ryker was going to change his mind on my lynch and I was also aware that he was blatantly stalling for hammer. If I was going to be pathetically lynched as scum on the first day, the last thing I would do is give connections to my partners in any shape or form. I already learned what it was like to be put into that position as scum in Majora's Mask mafia. I am not happy with my play this game, but I am happy that T-Block was able to win despite putting him in such a bad position early game. Sorry Werekill & T-Block. Big apologies.
/shrug

**** happens, you learn not to do it anymore. it's not like he caught you on a freudian slip or anything. Like so:

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=131703

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I getchu mang. I have a bad tendency of being kinda sporatic and not giving a shiz about looking good when I try to be authoratative (man I hope I spelled that right), but I'm motherfreakin town all the way mang.
Honestly, you were easy enough to read as town.

By the time we died, I think my readslist was:

Town
Gorf
LAK
Zeke (read him as some kind of protective, his gambit made me not want to touch him, Stew predicted the SF flavor)

Null:
****ing Composer

Scum:
Freeblock, simply because everyone else was town.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Inferno couldn't very well be allowed to live, regardless of alignment, once he claimed role cop. Had he figured out that I was Majin Buu I would've been murdered. I didn't want to deal with the WIFOM of my character being a bad guy, so I just claimed Megaman.
I kinda figured you weren't Megaman for that reason, and once you flipped, it made since why you didn't claim it, but your actions lined up with what your role did, so I didn't give a damn who you were.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Besides that, I meant you copying Ryker (and Kuz, in some ways) by getting a read and essentially bullying people into agreeing with you from sheer force of personality. I've never liked that at all.
When you want something done in this game, sometimes you need to bully people to do it. People are stupid in mafia and usually don't listen to anyone but themselves, so you sometimes need to bludgeon other players just to get them to do the smart thing.

There's a reason I get shouty all the time and post a ****ton of reaction .gifs. It's generally to tell people to stop being idiots.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I refuse to let THAT confident of a scum read slip by mang. Will I be wrong sometimes? Yea. But having a voice (which is what the Kuz' and the Ryker's have) is a quality that is near essential in this game. If you don't have one you might as well be a plant with ideas written on your leaves, so that the voices can possibly pick em up and see em. I got tired of being a plant at one point (particularly, soonish before I left the site for a few months), and I've been able to develop a sense of relevance in the game of Mafia, and it's GREAT to know that my voice can help lead, or even ENGINEER, a scum read of mine. Mafia isn't meant to be a communist rule where one person has all of the power. So when somebody gets in your face, fight back homie.
Yep. If you let one person have all the power, that's setting yourself up for failure. That person is generally gone after the doc is dead (if the scum are smart) if he's town or untouchable if he's scum, and paranoia that he hasn't been killed yet will not get him lynched. You need a good mix of leaders and followers, and having people like Gorf and I that can switch between the two is pretty much invaluable to town.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
AND THERE I'M DONE WITH A LONG MASSIVE CATCH-UP

I'm satisfied with how I played. We weren't lynched and, had we known our killproof got popped N1, we probably would've played a little bit smarter with our killshots. It was an easy assumption that scum gunned for Ryker because Ryker pegged Acro and sometimes scum go for the revenge shot, so we never imagined they shot us.

I think the only man who actually had a reason to suspect us as Indy is Broto, as he's the only one who realized we were playing too well to get lynched regardless of our alignment. Scum too, for popping our BP (fun fact, had we gotten our kill in sooner, we probably would've won instead of scum). Anyone else is blowing steam out of their *** as our play was not getting us lynched, no one brought us up to be lynched save for LAK after the fact (aka when it was easy to make those claims) and Soup offhandedly saying we were probably Indy after he got lynched (so he was probably butthurt).

I think town was a bit ambitious in pegging the scum. They may have been right, but those suspicions weren't founded on the right reasons (just-a-feel vibes about us being Indy based on the fact that I wasn't able to spend time on this game before Thanksgiving don't count, and I had my reasons for going after Soup), so it just came off as lucky or fluky. Usually that happens in mafia, but I don't want Soup thinking I'm indy because I really got into the game late or LAK to think that I'm scum because I get excitable and push a ML. Had Soup actually flipped what I thought he would've flipped, that would've been an entirely different ballgame.

Scum played pretty much like **** except for Freeblock. He was smart with his kills and I couldn't find anything really substantial to lynch him. The one thing I did question him on, he responded well and I was going to leave him alone. The only reason I had to lynch him simply was because other players were probably not scum and that made me feel much stronger.

Soup, you in specific need to play better. I was lynching you regardless of what you flipped and I think I even said there's no skin off my nose if you flip town. Your role (governor) was not a pass for you, and your play was simply atrocious. You sat on your *** a majority of the game and the only time you did anything was generally to save yourself or try to save others regardless of what town told you. If you cite your reads, again, see what Gorf said: reads mean jack **** if you don't do anything about them. If you're town, you have no reason to have nulls by D4, let alone on a player that was as active and opinionated as myself.

If there's an MVP, I'm arguing for Freeblock. Even if our kill for sure won him the game, there was nothing exactly saying he was for sure lynched the next day. He put his team in a position to win the game after losing his scummates early and he took over an inactive slot only to look town for most of the game. He even knew his alignment had popped our BP and got rid of us at the most opportune moment: after we had ensnared someone but before we could lynch him. He didn't do anything ridiculous but after losing two scum to rather inconsistent, emotional, or otherwise just bad play, having a guy with good play go that far with barely any suspicion should be the definition of valuable to that team. He was more valuable to scum than Gorf and Ryker were to town and we lost.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
T-Block really was a great scum player, and he knew exactly how to take advantage of the bad play that both Acrostic and I did throughout the game. I say MVP for him or no one.

On another note, I'm glad that I've learned that my neutrality is a bad thing. It's a bad habit, and I'll try to break it in my next game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I want to be scum with T-Block for once. I can't remember the last game we were the same alignment.

T-block

B2B TST
Sweet, I can actually do this properly now that exams are done:

Ryker - I'm curious as to whether you actually expected to be living N2. When you received Acrostic's power, were you told that Acrostic himself was not allowed to use it on consecutive Nights? We obviously already knew that, so we knew you wouldn't be able to target yourself N2, and we figured protective would target someone else since you never mentioned that you wouldn't be able to use it on N2. Knowing that it's one-shot, I can see why now, but I wonder if you would have played it differently if you had known that we thought you weren't allowed to use it on consecutive Nights?

Soupamario - Don't really have anything else to add to what's already been said. I have no clue where your confidence came from when you said "nah you won't lynch me" to Gorf. I was expecting some sort of power play from you that Night lol

Brosuke - A little OMGUS-y in your QT there, aren't you? =P Seemed like the thing that triggered your scum read on me was the fact that you couldn't believe that I would find you scum. Were there other reasons? I wasn't the only one to be against you either... Ryker was on my side in voicing suspicions of you as well, no?

Werekill - Awwwww yeah. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and I'm glad you learned something from it. Looking forward to playing with you in the future - hopefully you'll be less frustrating for me to read T.T

Kantrip - Nice play imo... pretty obvtown - I never did feel confident in being able to push a mislynch on you. Is there a hidden reason why you wanted a massclaim so bad? I got mad PR vibes from you the whole game, especially with the massclaim push (although I thought you were a protective-ish role at first, then the massclaim thought your role would allow you to use the information in some way, but it turns out you barely knew what your role did haha)

Acrostic - Tough luck at the beginning... good show having the sense to tell your mates to go against you though.

Composer - Ta-don~~~~

felipe_9595 - Why Powdered Toast Man of all things? x.x

LAK - Pretty impressed with that read on me at the moment, although I'm not sure if you would have come to the same conclusion my being scum weren't fresh on your mind (like... three out of the past four games I've been in now I think o.o). Regardless, if it wasn't clear, what you need to work on is the presentation of your read. If you think I'm matching my scum meta, great, but be able to figure out a concrete reason why and present it. You said it was because of the motivations behind my questions, and that is definitely garbage, because I ask similar questions as town. And you saw that I ended up destroying the case because that was the reasoning you provided, and it made the entire push look a lot less credible from then on. You've made me think a bit more about how I'm perceived when I play scum though, so thanks for that.

Inferno3044 - I feel kinda bad for what happened to you, but thanks for being a good sport about it. As everyone said, keep at it and you'll improve ^^

Zeke - Dude, I think it literally has been at least six games now that we've been opposing alignments. One day though T.T I don't think the claim was nearly as bad of an idea as others seem to be saying, but maybe that's because I'm dumb and still had you on my potential NK list the whole game lol. I got caught up in the WIFOM and started thinking "obvious attempt to draw the NK, so maybe he doesn't want to be NK'd", and as Glyph said, I actually sent in the kill to you instead of Meadow but changed it at the last second, so in that respect, it wasn't a bad move at all.

Meadowsizzle - It's hard to say what I would have thought of your slot if I had been town, but I'll admit you're probably right that I would have had a hard time getting a solid pin on your alignment - knowledge of the BP really helped. It was an interesting position with respect to your slot, since I expected you to have been alerted that your BP was popped (isn't that usually the case?), so pushing your lynch as indy might have tipped you off to the fact that I knew we had already shot you, and I liked that you were basically leaving me alone during the Day. At the same time, if you were full BP, I would have been forced to try to get you lynched at some point, so better to find out earlier rather than later. It would have been a much harder game if you actually were full BP x.x

Gordito - Man, I was given the option to knock you off the path to the incinerator, but I had no idea you were moving to your death, and I was like "the poor guy already has a broken spine, i'm not going to knock him to the ground" so I just delivered my toast and left haha. Nice job staying so hard on Werekill, despite my efforts to switch it to LAK. I gotta know... if you had lived, do you think your reread would have made you consider lynching me over Zeke?

T-block - Teehee. I think the only thing I would change about my play in hindsight was how back-and-forth I was between wanting to lynch LAK or Werekill... that was pretty sloppy, and I was worried someone would pick it up on it after Werekill's flip, but Zeke was more guilty of wanting LAK dead over Werekill, so I wasn't too worried. I think I should have recognized sooner that Gorf wouldn't rest until Werekill was lynched, and I should have given more weight to the fact that Werekill would be lynched D4 even if he did survive. I also feel bad whenever I have to go against a scummate too =(

Glyph - I'm really glad I replaced into this game - it was a lot of fun. Thanks for being an awesome host. ALSO,

DtJ Glyphmoney said:
As you go to visit Gord, carrying your precious bread-cargo, you notice that he seems to be standing on some kind of treadmill.

In the dark you can't make out where its going, but you can tell that Gord is totally oblivious to the fact that he's on it. You think if you tried, you could knock him off of it.

Do you push him off or leave him alone?
Treadmill:

Conveyor Belt:

Like seriously, who knows what would have happened if I had known he was on a conveyor belt and not just a treadmill lol. I read that and I was like... "okay, he's on a treadmill but somehow doesn't know that he's on it, and he's in a wheelchair..."

except in my head it was a regular treadmill and Gorf was blindfolded so he didn't realize he wasn't going anywhere. It didn't even enter my mind that something was taking Gorf somewhere and he didn't know it haha

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Pft I told you that you couldn't see where it was going, it was clearly not a localized thing haha

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
lmao that PM. Also speaking of the brosuke topic...
DaTopic said:
[9:30:59 AM] S2: I dislike t-block at this point, still suspect of Soup
[9:31:04 AM] Skyward Ramses: okay so
[9:31:05 AM] S2: and I guess we're going to have to burn Zeke up
[9:31:09 AM] Skyward Ramses: if youre not going after Gorf
[9:31:16 AM] Skyward Ramses: GET KGINGING TBLOCK
[9:31:24 AM] Skyward Ramses: zeke is burning people
[9:31:26 AM] Skyward Ramses: not the other way around
:smirk:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
tblock said:
Gordito - Man, I was given the option to knock you off the path to the incinerator, but I had no idea you were moving to your death, and I was like "the poor guy already has a broken spine, i'm not going to knock him to the ground" so I just delivered my toast and left haha. Nice job staying so hard on Werekill, despite my efforts to switch it to LAK. I gotta know... if you had lived, do you think your reread would have made you consider lynching me over Zeke?
Possibly. In fact, the lean may have been tpward you being scum. Felipes play was balls, i liked zekes play, but im really not sure. You did GREAT.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Possibly. In fact, the lean may have been tpward you being scum. Felipes play was balls, i liked zekes play, but im really not sure. You did GREAT.
I dont think i did something bad XD (or good. In fact i am not sure if i did something at all XDDD)

And Yeah. Tblock for MvP or no one.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm pretty sure the mass claim was a bad idea, looking at what would have been revealed. I basically just thought that with all the confirm-able Night Actions, mass claiming would be like suddenly having a watcher/tracker hybrid. Like, several times when Soup was claiming I asked him if he had any other abilities because I wanted to know what the Expresso barrel did for him since I knew he took it, but he never even hinted at having received it.

But yeah, with toast, barrels, water splashing, the banging of drums, and other such actions, I thought a mass claim would be worth a shot. :shrug:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Brosuke - A little OMGUS-y in your QT there, aren't you? =P Seemed like the thing that triggered your scum read on me was the fact that you couldn't believe that I would find you scum. Were there other reasons? I wasn't the only one to be against you either... Ryker was on my side in voicing suspicions of you as well, no?
No your logic was just really weird and flawed at times. That made me get the wrong vibes when rereading you. Some things you said were just really off-beat.

lmao that PM. Also speaking of the brosuke topic...

:smirk:
:mad:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Thanks everyone for the support. My performance in this game was completely awful and it definitely is something I need to move on from. Soup gave me a chance to turn tides around and I was dumb enough not to take it (also didn't think you would lynch him). If I took it, I could've proven my power with a semi clear and clear soup. I proved Ryker wasn't lying so that would've been 3 townies right there.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm pretty sure the mass claim was a bad idea, looking at what would have been revealed. I basically just thought that with all the confirm-able Night Actions, mass claiming would be like suddenly having a watcher/tracker hybrid. Like, several times when Soup was claiming I asked him if he had any other abilities because I wanted to know what the Expresso barrel did for him since I knew he took it, but he never even hinted at having received it.

But yeah, with toast, barrels, water splashing, the banging of drums, and other such actions, I thought a mass claim would be worth a shot. :shrug:
In this game, yeh. Usually though, those stupid little confirmable roles can clear a good number of townies. Generally when you want filler roles, you want something that isn't so easily confirmed.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No. I was going to force a mass claim the next phase, had I lived. It was definitely something that needed to happen.

T-block

B2B TST
I was just playing it safe... I thought you had some sort of plan to trap scum with the information from a mass claim, and I was in a pretty good position the whole game, so no need to shake things up like that. Plus, if we all claimed and I was the only one to not know the effect of his ability, that might have put some eyes on me.

Got me town points as well, opposing it =x

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I was just playing it safe... I thought you had some sort of plan to trap scum with the information from a mass claim, and I was in a pretty good position the whole game, so no need to shake things up like that. Plus, if we all claimed and I was the only one to not know the effect of his ability, that might have put some eyes on me.

Got me town points as well, opposing it =x
WK would've slipped according to the claim. Miller with no cop? like that's gonna happen.

@Zeke - jw, why did you claim bulletproof? I would've baited the NK and shoryuken dat ***.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
T-Block was on the money. I wanted to create a WIFOM shield with the intent of drawing the NK.

We originally intended to play super pro-Town Day 1, but things took off way too quickly without us, so we were an unlikely NK target. Which led to the crazy fakeclaim nonsense.

Top Bottom