• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Mafia - Game Over! Who's King of the Jungle?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount 3.3 - With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Chaco [4] - th3kuzinator/Evil Eye, John2k4, Gorf, Sokr

John2k4 [1] - Auspher
Auspher [0]
Sokr [0]
th3kuzinator/Evil Eye [0]
Gorf [0]

Not voting: Chaco

:banana:

A lynch has been reached! There will be a brief twilight phase as I post the flip.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh cool minutes to short. Been working, yo. (Job and on my car.)

Flippin VT, maynes.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Votecount 3.4 - With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Chaco [4] - th3kuzinator/Evil Eye, John2k4, Gorf, Sokr

John2k4 [1] - Auspher
Auspher [0]
Sokr [0]
Gorf [0]

Not voting: Chaco

- - -

The Kongs tried to talk amongst themselves, but there really wasn't much to say. They were hanging Kongs down a list at this point, and one kongfusing Kong happened to be next. Was he a clone? A nephew? A son? A grandson? A baby? One thing was for certain, he was dead.

[COLLAPSE=""]

Chaco, Donkey Kong Junior, Jungle Vanilla has been lynched![/COLLAPSE]

Night 3 Begins! Please send Night Actions in before March 28th at 11:59 P.M. EST!

Kantrip

Kantplay
When the Kongs awoke the next morning it was raining. Could it be an omen, or just coincidence? When one Kong opened the door to let the others inside for some shelter, the answer was evident.

[COLLAPSE=""]

Auspher, Donkey Kong, Jungle Protector has been killed![/COLLAPSE]

There he was. The leader of the bunch. The first member of the DK crew was hanging lifelessly by his tie from a ceiling fan, revolving in slow circles as it made its rounds. The Kongs were shocked. They dismantled the Kong from his position and got straight to business.

Day 4 Begins! With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch!

Votecount 4.0

John2k4 [0]
Sokr [0]
Gorf [0]

Not voting: John2k4, Sokr, Evil Eye/th3kuzinator, Gorf

Deadline has been set to April 7th at 11:59 P.M. EST!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Think about how we can find an indy role with such little info that this game provided (seriously the beef of it was D1 in 4 hours).

John2k4

The End of an Era
Docced Auspher. Realized I really hadn't decided one so I picked him in almost-random.

My cop ability is useless if we're dealing with an indy, anyways.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Gorfdammit.

>See: Lucario General
I need to not post when I'm running on the tail end of caffeine only. I can never think straight.
My brain is starting to dump things from this game, since it is slowing down & whittling down.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Dammit John, if it's you I'll be beating myself up for not pushing your lynch harder yesterDay.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Alright here we go. First things first, I lied about my vt claim.

Well, Sokr, he didn't know what a miller was. A pretty bad excuse but nothing really scummy considering he didn't even try and push your lynch for more than 10 seconds. This really isn't something you should be focusing on.
Chunky Kong, VT.
Huh. Ehhhh, I didn't really consider the possibility of a traitor inheriting the gun when his mates died but I don't think that's the case here because of the guilty on em' and the fact that game is still going.

Rarely do you see that type of mechanic utilized and even if that's the case traitors usually lose when the entire mafia team is wiped out because their wincon is to help mafia win.
The first letter of each sentence of the three posts I made when I claimed.

Yeah, I'm the watcher. Guess who I watched last Night? Auspher. Guess who was the only person to visit him last Night?

John.

Now I really just want to straight up believe this result but before we jump to conclusions, we have to consider some things. I talked to EE about this for a long time during the Night phase as I was really hesitant that this result was accurate. For one, as John has already said, he did cop Auspher which explains him being there. Of course this could obviously be a bold faced lie to cover up why he was visiting Auspher in the first place or, less likely but still something I want to discuss, he's legit.

Now here's both our thought process on this. We have a flipped godfather. That being Soup. That godfather obviously has nothing to do with the scum cop because why would the scum cop ever target his mate? The only conclusion to be made about that is that there is a town investigative that is supposed to be tricked by Soup's role which gives huge credence to John's claim.

This alone, normally, would be enough to dismiss my John suspicion completely (which is why I was so against a John lynch yesterDay) but EE brought up an interesting point to me last Night. What if the GF wasn't actually for the cop but was put in place to appear like he wasn't going anywhere in the event he was watched? GF variants like that exist all over mafiascum just haven't really been brought to this site yet. However, I know Kantrip has been playing some games on mafiascum lately so I think it's feasible he's using this mechanic here.

How amazing would that be for indyJohn? He would have a cop safeclaim in a game with a GF which would make him look brownie, but in reality he'd just be a normal SK with a one shot cop or something. Genius.

Now that's one theory we have that we're currently leaning on. And one that John is scum.

Now, on the flip side, we also see a way for John to be town from this. Assuming all traditional mechanics related to the GF, John is legit and everything is normal as it should be. The SK, however, would be immune to watching results (ninja). In this case John actually did cop Auspher and the SK killed him but it just didn't show up on my report. This, in my mind, is entirely possible but less likely just due to the fact that the indy already has a buff due to not showing up on John's investigation (in the scenario that John is legit).

In this scenario it would obviously be between Gorf and Sokr, but I'm confident in my Gorf town read strictly from play.

---

I want everyone to take this in and come to terms with it. I want everyone's pick on who they think is scum before ANYONE votes. We're not going to rush this.

As of right now the lynch for me is looking

John > Sokr > Gorf

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Also the thing I find a bit strange is he used his cop on Auspher, the claimed Doc with Donkey Kong as his flavor, of all things. Even if there is no longer any use for the result it just bugs me he visited Auspher, a likely NK target.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I told you earlier; I had no idea of who to cop so I went random (since I believe my role is useless now).

I see GorfTown and SokrScum as a likely thing.

If I am seeing this right, aNd there are 4 of us left, then we are in LyLo right now. If we don't hit the indy, he will win come toMorrow.

:phone:

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Ok kuz, wtf. I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that there would be THREE investigative roles in this setup. Two for town in a small game?

I'm starting to be able to see scumkuz. Trying to push the lynch of the opposing investigative role. Either you or John are lying. Gorf, thoughts?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Ok kuz, wtf. I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that there would be THREE investigative roles in this setup. Two for town in a small game?

I'm starting to be able to see scumkuz. Trying to push the lynch of the opposing investigative role. Either you or John are lying. Gorf, thoughts?
Are you dumb? Why are you counting the scum investigative in with your setup reasoning? Any of his results he would garner would not be a boon to town and thus should even imply that town would need more of a buff considering scum would the results to make a convincing cop claim or something (which is why JohnCop is so weird).

Even disregarding this, having 1-2 investigatives for this town is fine. Due to 11 man I would lean towards 1, which is why I'm leaning scumJohn, but he's not scum by this mechanic alone. At all. 2 if a very feasible number.

And wtf @ you suddenly getting a scum read on me for that. Look at my play, not ****ty setup speculation.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
kuz/EE, who'd you target N1 and N2?
N1 -> Gorf. Saw John (why I believed his claim initially).
N2 -> Gorf. Saw nothing.

Gorf was both my strongest town read and only other person I could really trust for a second solid viewpoint on this playerlist since we both had our doubts on Zen @ the end of D1. If scum wasn't going to shoot us, they were going to shoot him.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Gorf: I know you're busy and **** but I want you here helping me weight out these two. Can I get your current lynch order?

I'm reading everything and it's just reinforcing the notion in my head that John's scum, and that the game cop is just a standard cop and that Sokr is there so that the game cop can have a guilty on em, and can have legitimacy to his claim. That'd make A LOT of sense and reasoning for a maf cop, since if we had lynched Sokr and he came up miller it'd add legitimacy to his claim.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I think John is scum, and now that your watcher claim shows em going to Auspher I'm even more assured.

#HBC | Gorf

I'm reading everything and it's just reinforcing the notion in my head that John's scum, and that the game cop is just a standard cop and that Sokr is there so that the game cop can have a guilty on em, and can have legitimacy to his claim. That'd make A LOT of sense and reasoning for a maf cop, since if we had lynched Sokr and he came up miller it'd add legitimacy to his claim.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I think John is scum, and now that your watcher claim shows em going to Auspher I'm even more assured.
Was totally me.

#HBC | Gorf

Btw a lynchpool would be John > Sokr > Kuz. I seriously disbelieve the idea of a townKuz being so adamant about scumBardull that early if he were scum. That's ballsy as fuhh.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
kuz/EE, if all your actions and roles and everything is legit, then that means scum is between Gorf and I. He's also the only claimed Vanilla left.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Sokr if you have something to say, how 'bout you say it yourself rather than trying to incept the idea underhandedly and get me and kuzi to run with it.

god that post was weird

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Or scum is John for being the only one to go to the dead body?
It can't be John because he visited you N1 and you didn't die. Unless he's a poisoner or something. But then why would he target Auspher if he knew he was gonna die? I've looked at the night actions and if kuz/EE are telling the truth. Then John is cleared.

OR OR OR he's JOAT and can work like any other scum with a PR, going to somebody to JOAT and going to somebody else to kill! WOAH NELLY! And plus, he's THE ONLY ONE WHO VISITED THE DEAD BODY! Unless we're dealing with an indy ninja (hint: WE'RE NOT), John is ****ING SCUM!

Top Bottom