• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Four reps is a bit much for me, no matter how BA some of these characters are.

Edit: Adding two characters to a franchise represented in SSB4 in general just seems like an unlikely idea. I might even change my roster bet because I added both Dixie and Rool..

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh, found this on NeoGAF while on the subject of FE:

Couldn't find any info about the Marth DLC itself, but I've found a site that apparently already has some info about the crossover DLC mission where you get him... It sounds pretty odd if real. Pretty big fanservice though.

http://h1g.jp/fe_kakusei/index.php?異伝 英霊の魔符1

"Cursed Heroic Spirits"

Player units: Krom and 6 units.

Allied units: Marth from the spirit world(FE1/3),
Ike(FE9/10) and Alm(FE2)

Enemy units (Big list of
cameo characters, although they're probably just generic units here, especially considering their classes
:

Diadora lv7 (FE4) - Dark Mage
Eirika lv7 (FE8) - Swordsman (not confirmed.)
Mikaya lv7 (FE10) - Mage
Elincia lv7 (FE9/10) - Pegasus Knight (not confirmed.)
Lyn lv8 (FE7) - Swordsman (not confirmed.)
Yuria lv8 (FE4)- Mage
Nanna lv7 (FE4/5) - Drobadour (not confirmed.)
Lilina lv8 (FE6) - Mage
Sheeda (FE1/3) - Pegasus Knight (not confirmed.)
Cellica lv8 (FE2) - Mage (Boss)

-Krom can talk with Marth
-Main character can talk with Ike
-Visiting villages, the player can obtain the "overcoming bow" and "hand spear".
-After clearing, Marth can become a companion.
-Marth can class change into a Star Lord, like Krom.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please, stock market is for chumps. I make no bones about it, I'm fickle. What I want can change day from day. However, what I know or believe is in an entirely different compartment than that of my wants.

Opinion ≠ Belief
I always thought the stock market was the public opinion. I just find it fun to see how quickly opinion changes when we get news like this.

With Krom, I'd rather wait for FE13 story news to see Krom as himself and not as before I make up my mind on him. Until then I'm still stuck on Marth, Roy and Ike.

Guess no one thought brown haired Ike was funny. I wonder how his hair changed to blue though. :p

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I always thought the stock market was the public opinion. I just find it fun to see how quickly opinion changes when we get news like this.

With Krom, I'd rather wait for FE13 story news to see Krom as himself and not as before I make up my mind on him. Until then I'm still stuck on Marth, Roy and Ike.

Guess no one thought brown haired Ike was funny. I wonder how his hair changed to blue though. :p
Nah, stock market is people's opinions masquerading around as fact. You know, like however any little appearance in a game makes a character "more likely". That is the kind of stuff I have always thought of in reference to the stock market analogy.

From what I see of Krom I still like him.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

It was flashback even Zelgius had brown hair....

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nah, stock market is people's opinions masquerading around as fact. You know, like however any little appearance in a game makes a character "more likely". That is the kind of stuff I have always thought of in reference to the stock market analogy.

From what I see of Krom I still like him.
Ah, I see what you mean. I wonder what'll be going on on some other sites (Ex. Gamefaqs) now in terms of speculation then.

I respect your liking for Krom. Here's hoping that FE13 makes him look cool, I want to like him too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, Nintendo wrote on their thing about NSMB2

"All your fave Mario characters will be in this game"

I wrote back

"My fave character is Geno. I am now holding you responsible for your word, Nintendo"

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ah, I see what you mean. I wonder what'll be going on on some other sites (Ex. Gamefaqs) now in terms of speculation then.

I respect your liking for Krom. Here's hoping that FE13 makes him look cool, I want to like him too.
People will start jumping on the Roy bandwagon thinking that he is "more likely" now that he is the second DLC lord. Really though that affects very little. I just like the kids design and would gladly take him like that.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
People will start jumping on the Roy bandwagon thinking that he is "more likely" now that he is the second DLC lord. Really though that affects very little. I just like the kids design and would gladly take him like that.
Star I'm totally with you in that Krom is more Badass than Roy , HIS VA IS SUGITA DAMMIT!! GINTOKI!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think he's any more likely, I just want that design if they even bring him back.

I'm not so much for Fire Emblem characters anyway

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Star I'm totally with you in that Krom is more Badass than Roy , HIS VA IS SUGITA DAMMIT!! GINTOKI!!!
We'll appease everyone. Let's have Marth, Ike, Roy and Krom all in the game; but Toon Link must be sacrificed on an altar first. If Sakurai really needs to fill that fourth Zelda slot just split Zelda and Sheik. Problem solved.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We'll appease everyone. Let's have Marth, Ike, Roy and Krom all in the game; but Toon Link must be sacrificed on an altar first. If Sakurai really needs to fill that fourth Zelda slot just split Zelda and Sheik. Problem solved.
What about Black Knight?

Let's get rid of Lucario while we're at it

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Eww, speaking of Ike...

What the heck did they do to him? I know he is an NPC and all, but still...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's old, I bet they will have a special DLC later for him, this was made just as placeholder....
Still, he's ugly. His hair reminds me of that one episode of Rugrats where the girl got the bubblegum stuck in her hair and had her head shaved.

I really hope his playable 3D model doesn't look anything like that...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's old, I bet they will have a special DLC later for him, this was made just as placeholder....
That's what we're all hoping. FE10 Ike to the rescue.

Hopefully Roy won't look like that either. Certainly would be dumb with his new design.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder what the Japanese think of Roy's re-design. I wonder if the DLC designs for Marth and Roy will be the ones used for Smash 4?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So, I was able to find the 2008 Famitsu articles online, and they really don't bode too well for SSB4's roster. Also, Wikipedia left out the fact that Sakurai was joking about the Animal Crossing character -- context changes everything.

Here are some of the more telling blurbs:

- Even though fans want a bigger roster, it took all of the development team's hardest efforts to get 39 characters into the game.

- Nintendo has not created many new character-based series since Melee, so it is hard for Sakurai to add more meaningful characters. He is against adding unimportant characters just to beef up the roster count.

- Because of this, if there is to be a SSB4, Sakurai does not think there will be a lot of new characters.

- Sakurai realizes that making a fourth Smash Bros. will be very difficult. He will not be able to use Brawl's data to assist him because the assets will be too outdated for a high-definition console.

- He will have to do something drastically different for SSB4 so it stands apart from the last game. He will not just add to Brawl.

- Pikmin and Animal Crossing are the only Nintendo series introduced since 2001 that Sakurai feels are worthy of being given playable characters. With that said, Animal Crossing characters are too far removed from Smash Bros.' violent image. Sakurai jokes that he could have added an Animal Crossing character with a net and shovel.
From this information, I would assess some things.

1. That this does not bode well for Golden Sun and Starfy.
2. That we will only see 14 newcomers at most for Smash 4 (my guess is Mewtwo and Roy returning, plus 12 "true" newcomers).

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
From this information, I would assess some things.

1. That this does not bode well for Golden Sun and Starfy.
2. That we will only see 14 newcomers at most for Smash 4 (my guess is Mewtwo and Roy returning, plus 12 "true" newcomers).
I remember that from way back. The only thing I wonder about is that right before last E3 he said his first plan of action would be to port over all the assets of Brawl and start there from that template.

Certainly his latest words carry more weight than something he said roughly 4 years ago.

Hopefully Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment, and Xenoblade are carefully looked at. Except Xenoblade they are not totally new, but this last generation gave the other 2 plenty of time to shine.

Golden Sun
Sin and Punishment
Xenoblade
Punchout
Custom Robo
Sheriff
Sukapon(where ever it's from)

I these think are the best chances for new franchises. Muddy Mole and Starfy certainly are recognized by Sakurai, so we'll see.

I'm sure all characters are decided upon by now. Let's just hope everyone they want will make it in. More importantly let's hope everyone we want make it in.

Not an FE fan but Roy look badass.
New Super Mario Bros. 2? That name is just as lazy as NSMB Wii. These games aren't even new anymore.
It should be Super Mario Bros. Wii U/3DS now. I mean, there is nothing wrong with that right?

I can imagine 3DS to Wii U gameplay with NSMB :O That would be really cool

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think I read that somewhere, but I might as well add that to the info thread.

I'm surprised about the high def stuff. I was thinking that they would use Brawl's engine as a template like they did with Melee for Brawl. Sounds like development will take even longer than we previously thought. I'm going to bet even more money on not getting anything at E3 this year.

The character part certainly helps the case for no cuts and Mewtwo/Roy. Also explains why we had the Forbidden Seven. I think it's a little silly that GS and Starfy were deemed unworthy, but that means that Sakurai has high standards (certainly doesn't help the Mario newcomers) and looks at the character of characters (betting that's one of the main reasons we got Lucario and Ike).

Kantrip

Kantplay
The character thing is... pretty reasonable. I mean, since they are starting fresh with the engine there is a LOT of designing to do, and each character (newcomer or veteran) will be just as hard as the last. This means that it has no bearing on which characters get in and doesn't make Mewtwo/Roy more likely or make it more likely that characters will return. It just means we're not getting too many more than we got in Brawl.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I understand older information is being presented to us after a long time of not being in our minds. But you can't just accept Sakurai's hypothetical "If I make another smash I have to start from scratch." Especially when less than a year ago he say's "First we have to port over the contents of Brawl and start from there." And that was said after he knew for sure he was making the game.

I would assume his latest statement carries more weight as a few years have passed.

So far it is much more likely that they did NOT start everything from scratch.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
They'll at least say the words, "Super Smash Brothers" at E3, because they know even if Sakurai came out on the stage, looked at the audience, says those words, then keeps on walking, everyone on here will go on a rampage of fanboyism miraculously.

Honestly, they may even just put up the official title logo towards the end of the show. Wouldn't be surprised if that is all the food we get handed to us for now. And with a reassuring, "Sakurai and his team are working very hard to make this the best Smash Brothers game ever!"

but that means that Sakurai has high standards (certainly doesn't help the Mario newcomers)
I don't know.I'm not just gonna say that Toad will get in the gamep I still think it's possible for a mario character to get in and I don't think Sakurai's standard will have a positive or negative reaction on them because we see at least one (2 at brawl and melee) newcomer from Mario.

Plus, like what RomanceDawn said, we're not sure if Sakurai actually started this from scratch. We all should know that Sakurai will NOT capitalize on graphics/design as said on several interviews. Sure he still needs to meet the new standards for graphics but, just don't expect HOLY **** UNCHARTED GRAPHICS.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Certainly a lot of "ifs" there. Just my own personal guesses, nothing to get worked up about. The moving to HD does make some sense, but then again I don't know anything nor care about when it comes to graphics and whatnot.

I just hope Sakurai does not screw up when it comes to the roster. Even if Toad does not get in, I just hope that the roster is good (At least 45 characters), balanced and unique.

Hell, I'm more worried about the gameplay. Not that I care about those other players who harass players who take smash bros seriously but still something to worry about since the gameplay is like the base of a pizza.

Take Skullgirls for example with their intense gameplay yet light content. The game still got high ratings (80%). Then again, it's not a fan service game. In the fan service game, you gotta go above he normal expectations.
I STILL THINK TOAD WILL GET IN FOR SEVERAL REASONS AND I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!! RJAFJSJF:SM:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Here are larger views of the new artwork for Roy and Leaf in FE13:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/dlc/index.html

Looks like Marth will make an appearance in Roy's DLC chapter, while Sigurd and Cuan (Leaf's father) will be making an appearance in Leaf's DLC chapter.
Wow, up close you can really tell the artist for Pandora's Tower did Roy's redesign. Also looking at the Marth pic for that particular DLC, it's his FE11 design instead of his new design. This certainly helps the case for new Ike artwork when he gets his own DLC chapter. Although, the biggest redesigns will still come from Alm and Celica...

It'll be fun to see the generations of FE4 team up for the first time. Nothing like a father and son reunion.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wait, was it Pandora's Tower or The Last Story?

When I think of Pandora's Tower I think of dat Limited Edition steel book case artwork. Freaking gorgeous, we better be getting that crap over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom