• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
This little video conference we got shows that their will be Patches for Mario Kart 7! This bodes well for Smash Bros in the future when they watch online matches of DDD infiniting every character.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Wow, up close you can really tell the artist for Pandora's Tower did Roy's redesign. Also looking at the Marth pic for that particular DLC, it's his FE11 design instead of his new design. This certainly helps the case for new Ike artwork when he gets his own DLC chapter. Although, the biggest redesigns will still come from Alm and Celica...

It'll be fun to see the generations of FE4 team up for the first time. Nothing like a father and son reunion.
We'll finally know the color of Alm's hair atleast... was it Blue or green...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
From this information, I would assess some things.

1. That this does not bode well for Golden Sun and Starfy.
2. That we will only see 14 newcomers at most for Smash 4 (my guess is Mewtwo and Roy returning, plus 12 "true" newcomers).
I bet my million internet dollars this will be Brawl's roster again: 12 new characters, mostly expanding on the existing franchises of Smash with new characters (including clones), and most luckily 1-2 new franchises only with playable characters. I put my bets on Sin and Punch-Out!!

Goodbye Lip and Starfy. Hello Dixie.

*Sigh*

:phone:

I bet my million internet dollars this will be Brawl's roster again: 12 new characters, mostly expanding on the existing franchises of Smash with new characters (including clones), and most luckily 1-2 new franchises only with playable characters. I put my bets on Sin and Punch-Out!!

Goodbye Lip and Starfy. Hello Dixie.

*Sigh*

Didn't Sakurai say that he'll give more focus to the obscure franchises as said in the interview?

Ya know... Like 55% focus to existing franchises and 45% to obscure franchises? Unless I'm looking at things the wrong way

This thread needs moar groose. Me Grooseta. Silly Groose. LOL

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Berserker: I dunno. Didn't read anything that could suggest that.

Oasis: Oh you, calling me little buddy again.
(-=▼=-);

But at least we FINALLY get that damning demanded patch for Maka Hell!!!! Makitu's, Makal Mario and Maka Guys are no more!!!!

*Brofist*
Hey Oastah, we should go there and spam Maka Wuhu, just troll em while we become the leaders. :troll:

*Laughs like The Mask*

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Groose's Pompadour needs to be in SSB4, just the pompadour. And there can be a stage called Grooseland.

And I could play Uprising with you guys two? ;-;

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yes! :falconbrawl:

Now go out there and buy Uprising so you will become the Strongest in Angel Land. /and then I'll try to take some ideas from you so I can be strong as well, heehee./

Anyway, Roy looks so BADASS. Might really buy FE Awakening actually.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Absent for 5 days,in england with school,now,it's the holiday!

SPAM EVERYTHING

jk,anyway the 3ds version will be different from the wii u version,anything we wanted in the wii u that's not there,can be in the 3ds,that's why you can expect a cr*pload of newcomers!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Roy is actually in the new Fire Emblem? Wow I guess he might actually get in SSBU.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Roy is actually in the new Fire Emblem? Wow I guess he might actually get in SSBU.
Agree

what if the new smashes are going to have their own story,or...let me know what to say...
are they both going to follow brawl's story,but with character as the difference in the storys,or are they both going to follow brawl's but in their own way,or are they not going to follow brawl's?i think it would be a LOT better if it followed brawl's,but then i don't know

wat ya thing?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Just saw Roy's redesign

Roy has GOT to get in Smash now no matter what. Have the ish that he got now as his primary, and keep his old look as an alt. I know I said before that I didn't want Roy as much as Mewtwo, but now, **** dat

This just in from NOA:

Look's like Kirby is getting the "Mario All-Stars/Dragon Quest Collection" treatment. Happy 20th Anniversary Kirby.

Also, I'd say the biggest news of the night is Nintendo updating the 3DS to be able to support software patches and updates, and their first patches will be for Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Badass :cool:

So it looks like there might be a serious chance of Smash 4 getting patches after all

Definitely gonna check out that Kirby compilation one day. I still need to play more Kirby games

I'm convinced now.

Marth, Krom, Ike, Roy.

But damn this made me about a thousand times more hyped for Roy!!

That a boy

Also Star won the night with "We must sacrifice Toon Link on an altar" :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
His chances definitely went up imo. With that wicked re-design I bet they might be planning to remake FE6 as well. In that case, I think its very likely we could see him in Smash. Especially with the (mostly Japanese) fan demand for him.

Maybe it might actually be Marth, Krom and Roy. Still, I would miss Ike. :c

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So I guess the 2D Mario game that got announced a while back is New Super Mario Bros. 2

I wonder if that means it'll just be a straightforward sequel to NSMB DS/Wii, or if there's more to it

You know, Mypants, that's actually not a bad idea (lulz). I would have to decide if I wanted Dr. Dre Jax (MK9 version) or the John Parrish version (klassic MK2/MK3 versions), though, and that'd be hard to decide

Oh, and Smoke is too dumb in the Story Mode to be Kakashi :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
From this information, I would assess some things.

1. That this does not bode well for Golden Sun and Starfy.
2. That we will only see 14 newcomers at most for Smash 4 (my guess is Mewtwo and Roy returning, plus 12 "true" newcomers).
So, Sakurai is saying what? Golden Sun and Legendary Starfy are unimportant and probably don't deserve to have characters? They are character-driven franchises, too. :glare:

Wait... if Sakurai is going to start over from scratch... why would Sakurai just add everyone from Brawl and then add only 14 characters and call it a day? I don't think it goes like that. I believe it simply means he has to prioritize everything. I would probably expect a 45-slot roster at the very least with some cuts, like it or not.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just hope Sakurai does not screw up when it comes to the roster. Even if Toad does not get in, I just hope that the roster is good (At least 45 characters), balanced and unique.

I STILL THINK TOAD WILL GET IN FOR SEVERAL REASONS AND I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!! RJAFJSJF:SM:
Same here. I still have hope for Toad. Even if Toad might or might not be playable in New Super Mario Bros. 2, two Toads are still playable in New Super Mario Bros. Mii for the Wii U and that game comes out later after this new 3DS game.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
About the character thing... Sakurai's been saying for a while now that the focus of the game wouldn't be on just characters, and that the game wasn't going to be just "Brawl with more content". Are people just now taking what he said seriously? The part about Animal Crossing and Pikmin is kinda disconcerting, though, but I already had a feeling Sakurai wouldn't go too crazy with new series since he didn't really do so in either Melee or Brawl. I think that he'll just further expand on series that we already have, add maybe 1 or 2 new series, and call it a day while he goes to focus on other aspects of the game

Nintendo has not created many new character-based series since Melee, so it is hard for Sakurai to add more meaningful characters. He is against adding unimportant characters just to beef up the roster count.
Well, that doesn't bode well for characters like Waluigi (though he probably wasn't ever gonna be playable, anyway)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
About the character thing... Sakurai's been saying for a while now that the focus of the game wouldn't be on just characters, and that the game wasn't going to be just "Brawl with more content". Are people just now taking what he said seriously? The part about Animal Crossing and Pikmin is kinda disconcerting, though, but I already had a feeling Sakurai wouldn't go too crazy with new series since he didn't really do so in either Melee or Brawl. I think that he'll just further expand on series that we already have, add maybe 1 or 2 new series, and call it a day while he goes to focus on other aspects of the game

Well, that doesn't bode well for characters like Waluigi (though he probably wasn't ever gonna be playable, anyway)
Well, which veteran franchises might get new characters? I am thinking: Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus.

- Toad
- Dixie or K. Rool (but I would prefer having both - Kiddy as Dixie's tag team partner would be a bonus)
- Masked Link or Tingle (Majora's Mask 3D will happen sooner or later) or Ghirahim or Impa (Skyward Sword)
- Ridley (dunno if Sakurai still thinks he should remain a boss or be playable - I wouldn't care either way)
- Zoroark or Victini or Genesect or Mewtwo or something unexpected like Meowth or Team Rocket
- Krom or Roy (since he's relevant again)
- Palutena or Medusa or Magnus

Which newcomer franchises might be in Smash? Mii series, Starfy series, Punch-Out!! series, Xenoblade series, Golden Sun series, Sin & Punishment series - they are the major ones with new games out after Brawl... plus maybe some retro franchises like Duck Hunt, Mole Mania, Murasame Castle (funny how they are all one-game franchises like Ice Climber :awesome:)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, only Toad. I feel he is more of a worthy addition when compared to the likes of Bowser Jr. Bowser Jr. looks too much like Bowser that Sakurai could potentially add him as a last minute clone. My reasoning is based on Sakurai's history of adding last minute clones who usually look too similar to the original characters. Anyone who thinks otherwise are in denial. Yeah, sure Bowser Jr. doesn't fight like Bowser do in the games but Sakurai won't give a ****.

This is why I think Zero Suit Samus is an "adjective character" done right. Power Suit Samus and Zero Suit Samus may be the same person but they both look radically different from each other that it's only fitting that they have different movsets. Young Link and Toon Link will never be unique. That's why I want Masked Link. How can you make Link clones out of a Deku Scrub, a Goron, and a Zora? Ganondorf as a Captain Falcon clone, however, is "doing it wrong".

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Haven't done this sort of thing in a while, but...

I think Little Mac and Saki have to be our best bets for a new series newcomer. In Saki's case, Sakurai already teased how well he fits in with the actual playable characters and he does recognize that he's wanted. Plus, Sin and Punishment not only got released on the VC, but it got a sequel as well (Star Successor)

In Little Mac's case, he's not only highly requested, his series even got revived with a new game after Brawl. There might even be more Punch-Out games from what I've heard, and Sakurai likes the games, so... yeah, he should really get in

As for veteran series, I know a lot of people want Pokemon, FE, and DK to all get 2 new reps, but I'm starting to doubt that all three of them are gonna get 2 new reps. I mean, if we're really only gonna get 12 or so new characters, I doubt that half of that is gonna only come from 3 series. I think Pokemon is gonna get 2 reps no matter what (Mewtwo and Zoroark, most likely), but as for DK and FE, I think that he might just add Roy back for the FE side (after the huge FE13 spoilers I read, I think he might just keep things simple), while adding Dixie for the DK side (he already considered her before, though I really hope K. Rool still gets in)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, only Toad. I feel he is more of a worthy addition when compared to the likes of Bowser Jr. Bowser Jr. looks too much like Bowser that Sakurai could potentially add him as a last minute clone. My reasoning is based on Sakurai's history of adding last minute clones who usually look too similar to the original characters. Anyone who thinks otherwise are in denial. Yeah, sure Bowser Jr. doesn't fight like Bowser do in the games but Sakurai won't give a ****.
This is why no one takes you seriously.
Guess what? Paper Mario looks too much like Mario! Automatic clone.
Mega Man has an arm cannon just like Samus! He's defintely going to a clone. Anyone else who thinks otherwise is in denial.
Dillon rolls. If he's in, he will automatically be a Sonic clone. Yeah, sure Dillon doesn't fight like Sonic do in the games (note, I'm mimicing your grammar) but Sakurai won't give a ****.

That's pretty much what you sound like.

D

Deleted member

And you act like an idiot, so we're even.

Especially considering even Meowth can be a clone. Of Wolf, as I had posted many pages back.
B: Pay Day (Works like a Blaster shot)
Side B: Faint Attack: (Works like Wolf Flash)
Up B: Blast Off (Works like Fire Wolf (why the Hell wasn't it called Wolf Shoot like in Japan?))
Down B: Protect (Works like a Reflector)
FS: Rocket Tank (Works like a Landmaster)

And do I even need to get started on how Meowth can do everything Wolf does in normals?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You are a ****** if you are even defending the "Meowth = Wolf clone" idea. If people hated Ganondorf as a Captain Falcon clone, what makes you think that Meowth as yet another Star Fox clone is a good idea?

D

Deleted member

Does it look like I'm defending Meowth as a Wolf clone?

No you *******, I'm showing how he CAN be a clone. Doesn't mean he WOULD be a clone, which is what you fail to grasp about Jr.
Meowth has more common than Wolf than Jr. has with Bowser in terms of move potential.

Let's see, claws? Barely existant unlike Papa.
Fire Breath? Not much unlike Papa.
Throwing weight around? Not much to throw around unlike Papa.
Giga Bowser Jr.? Lolno
Paintbrush? Papa don't use that....
Sonic Screams? Papa don't do that either...
Clown Car? Papa has one, but he doesn't use it in Smash...

Likewise, Toad has hardly done anything that is unique to him, so logically, he could easily be another Mario semi-clone like Luigi. Just give him a unique Side B, Down B, and Final Smash. And maybe instead of Fireballs, give him Iceballs to represent NSMBW.

Berserker: I dunno. Didn't read anything that could suggest that.
Kind of an old source (Still legit though). It was back in the early parts of the new SSB4 thread. Maybe it's in the SSB4 dojo/links
Likewise, Toad has hardly done anything that is unique to him, so logically, he could easily be another Mario semi-clone like Luigi. Just give him a unique Side B, Down B, and Final Smash. And maybe instead of Fireballs, give him Iceballs to represent NSMBW.
Meh. I don't think so. He can't have the super jump punch or even a missile charge of some sort. The only thing that can possibly the same is the fireball/iceball which actually sounds interesting.

Up B: Super Jump
Side B: *Something*
B: Fireball/Iceball
Down B: *Something*

Oh and, Toad can manipulate spores and mushrooms and all that. Was shown in Melee, brawl and Sports mix (Spin off).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom