• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I have a couple of video of me I kept to do a combo video... If you wish to have them but I dont have a lot tough

Calm_Animal

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calm_Animal
Hey I need some advice. How would be able to play against diddy kong? I had a tournament yesterday and got 10th place. First match i lost to Neon DK, but i almost won against him both matches were rlly close, he said he going to upload those matches of us playing. Second was Marth player and i won against him. then i got to this Diddy kong player i got two stock by him couldn't rlly find a way to get in on him.:c

D

Deleted member 189823

I think the Klaw Floating is pretty useful against the banana peels. I've seen Limit use it well against a Diddy Kong. I've never tried it, though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Don't approach if he has a banana in hand and one in front of him. That's when Diddy has the most potential to banana lock/combo you.

Z catch his bananas. It helps a LOT.

If the Diddy likes to side B you when he's on the ledge, pivot grab him.

If you press down when you Klaw Hop on a banana, Bowser grabs it. Pretty handy.

:phone:

Calm_Animal

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calm_Animal
Ok thx zig and sweii for that advice. It really helped. I was playing against my friend diddy kong beat it two stocks ,but his isn't a high level diddy kong so it's not that hard...

Neon!

Smash Lord
Hey I need some advice. How would be able to play against diddy kong? I had a tournament yesterday and got 10th place. First match i lost to Neon DK, but i almost won against him both matches were rlly close, he said he going to upload those matches of us playing. Second was Marth player and i won against him. then i got to this Diddy kong player i got two stock by him couldn't rlly find a way to get in on him.:c
Here's our matches Calm, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR98OETKJbs&feature=youtu.be

Your use of fair and side-b is on point but you need to realize that they both lose to DK's bair. You should try mixing in grounded up-b as a punish or poke to mess up DK's bair spacing.

At 1:45 you got impatient because you couldnt grab release-jab me (DK's one of the few characters that doesnt work on) and you ended up taking 60% from running into my up-b and fsmash) Work on being patient and using up-b more often, your bowser is great and I'd love to see you take some names soon.

Also shout out to Zigsta, we need to play again sometime.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Calm, you're fairing way too much. Your default punish seems to be fair, and it shouldn't be. You need to use more of Bowser's ground game, namely jab and Fortress.

Also remember when you airdodge that you don't have to go straight down--you can go to the side to avoid upsmashes.

D

Deleted member 189823

Bowser-DK

DK kinda scares me with his tremendous killing power and advantages over Bowser (KO power, range, speed).

Calm_Animal

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calm_Animal
Yea i kind of noticed after playing my friends alot, but it a bad habit to use his f-air, when i move in. Now I'm starting to work on bowser ground game, and the side dodging thing is i didnt know i move straight down i try to move to the side while fastfalling, but i guess since im fastfalling im not rlly going anywhere with my side dodges i guess... Yea thx zigsta i will keep this in mind.

D

Deleted member 189823

You should replace those short hopped F-Airs with Side Bs. If you miss and he's next to you, F-Tilt. If the F-Tilt also misses and he approaches you go for D-Tilt, unless you're saving it for the kill.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I don't recommend saving any moves for kills except out of GR. Bowser has plenty kill potential. If a move helps you, use it.

Calm_Animal

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calm_Animal
i see...I'll just keep working on bowser. oh what are some good way to approach ppl with bowser? I move in with fire breath, or side-B. oh and up-B

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It depends on the character, really. Got any particular ones in mind?

D

Deleted member 189823

Side B is the best option. Although when it's against MK, I just wait for him to come and Up-B OoS. (I find it hard to Aerial Klaw him due to his F-Air)

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Don't forget about walking/dashing while shielding/powershielding when needed to get close to your opponent. It's simple, yet effective, and it especially helps when you're trying to get through............Falco's lasers, for example.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
One thing I noticed in the first minute:

You crossed the Peach up just by jumping, and you didn't capitalize on it by using Klaw. You just jumped away or airdodged. You have to pay more attention to situations like that.

:14 and :17 are good examples of what I'm talking about.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't recommend saving any moves for kills except out of GR. Bowser has plenty kill potential. If a move helps you, use it.

I don't see why you'd stale dtilt when ftilt has a similar application outside of koing.

D

Deleted member 189823

One thing I noticed in the first minute:

You crossed the Peach up just by jumping, and you didn't capitalize on it by using Klaw. You just jumped away or airdodged. You have to pay more attention to situations like that.

:14 and :17 are good examples of what I'm talking about.
I see... :x (thank you)

Now this one.

B!squick

Smash Master
That Ganon.... I only counted one SideB and I saw many moments where he should have UAir'd. Honestly, that match was closer than it should have been, dude. I'd talk about what you did but I have to leave in a few and there's people more qualified than me to talk about that sort of thing anyway.

D

Deleted member 189823

I'm curious as to what you think of that Ganondorf.

Gado is the best player in my region, it seems.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I think Ganondorf is probably Bowser's best match up.

Sh klaw and sh fire breath shut down alot of Ganondorf's options.

B!squick

Smash Master
Okay, I'm less shocked now. I also don't think he used DTilt at all. Between that, UAir and SideB, Bowser can have a hella time and there's not much you can do about it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Sideb is only a problem if Bowser is committing to laggy moves. Otherwise it's avoidable on reaction.

Our sideb beats his, and you can just sh it outside of his range and you'll beat any attack of his if he decides to challenge it except maybe dash attack , but sh fire breath shuts that down. Sh fire breath shuts down nearly everything he does because his poor mobility doesn't allow him to get over it easily. Even then, his moves are too laggy to attack from above or pressure shields.

He also can't do anything to your shield because his moves are too laggy to pressure shields, his grab range is poor, and sideb can be spotdodged on reaction (not sure if fortress beats sideb).

His best moves are uair, dash attack and pivot, and bowser can safely avoid/shut down all of those.

D

Deleted member 189823

Here's a video of the two best of my region:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DFcLNPCKCg

Don't dwell too much on it, though. It's outdated. Just to give you an idea that we aren't terribad.

On topic, I would like a critique on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76A9V...ature=youtu.be

Bowser vs. Peach

Limit critique'd it a bit, but I would like more detail, please.

This other one, if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZZVoYa_lQI&feature=youtu.be

I learned the Grab, pummel, pummel, jab to Side-B combo. 8D

B!squick

Smash Master
Sideb is only a problem if Bowser is committing to laggy moves. Otherwise it's avoidable on reaction.
Yeah, Bowser totally doesn't have that many laggy moves.

/sarcasm

All it takes is a quick spot dodge or roll from Ganon or even just a good read and you'll be eating SideB or DTilt > DAir or UAir or USmash or... Basically what I'm saying is that Ganon has a lot of options against Bowser. Options he doesn't have against other characters even. And if you get caught by SideB Ganon has several GUARANTEED follow ups.

When I played TP, matches would go from bad to worse so freakin' fast. >.<

Our sideb beats his,
A moot point when you consider Ganon's hurt box < Bowser's hurt box. It's ridiculous how easy it is for Ganon to grab you with his SideB.

and you can just sh it outside of his range and you'll beat any attack of his if he decides to challenge it except maybe dash attack
You mean SH Klaw or just SH in general? I can't see how either would be more beneficial against Ganon than any other character and if it was just as simple as that Bowser wouldn't be a low tier character. And I'm pretty sure Ganon's Dash Attack isn't his longest range attack.

but sh fire breath shuts that down. Sh fire breath shuts down nearly everything he does because his poor mobility doesn't allow him to get over it easily. Even then, his moves are too laggy to attack from above or pressure shields.
Firebreath = a guaranteed SideB from Ganon. This is very bad. Don't ever do this unless they're very terrible.

He also can't do anything to your shield because his moves are too laggy to pressure shields,
Ganon's DTilt says hi and ***** your face.

his grab range is poor,
And Bowser's is stupidly laggy.

and sideb can be spotdodged on reaction
And the second hit of Bowser Bomb can air dodged. Guess what I've never ever seen happen in person or in a video? Might as well say you can spot dodge every attack Ganon has on reaction for what little it matters.

(not sure if fortress beats sideb).
Lol, no.

His best moves are uair, dash attack and pivot, and bowser can safely avoid/shut down all of those.

His best moves against Bowser are just about all of them sans UTilt, though usual staples like SideB, DTilt and UAir are particularly amazing against Bowser.

But this isn't the match up thread. If you wish to continue this discussion you're welcome to continue it there. :)

Unsound_Shinobi

Smash Apprentice
First Bowser Replay

Hey guys, sorry it's a Wi-Fi match, but she's really the only exceptional played I've played lately, so I figured it would be better for critique than one where I can just Klaw hop all day into fairs to win...

Suicide Slushie (Bowser) Vs Rin (Pit) Wi-Fi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5wa...DvjVQa1PpcFNyQ_r7exN_glarnljYof66Lnlxm0U-sAQ=

I'd really like general advice for improvement first, then the more specific stuff if possible, I know I'm not an exceptional Bowser, yet, but I would definitely like to get there within the next year or so.

D

Deleted member 189823

It seems that Youtube won't let me see the video. :/

Also, I miss Calm Animal's videos. ):

Unsound_Shinobi

Smash Apprentice
It seems that Youtube won't let me see the video. :/

Also, I miss Calm Animal's videos. ):
I'm sorry, I found the same error in some of the videos I put in the Sonic thread, something weird is going on with my channel, I changed the link so it should work now, hopefully.

D

Deleted member 189823

Good. (:

So I'm going to point out the main flaws that I think they should be corrected:

- You throw out the F-Smash when you shouldn't. I am not exaggerating when I say it's one of your most used moves there. It's completely punishable and don't expect to land it considering it's slow startup...especially not against someone with projectiles who can punish it very easily.
- You barely used the Klaw. This should be one of your main weapons in Bowser's arsenal. Learn to Short Hop Klaw consistently. It has great horizontal range, and even some range below Bowser in the air, making it his best approach. It also racks up tons of damage (15-18 per Klaw!).
- You should avoid rolling so much. Maybe your opponent may not be aware of it yet, but Bowser's roll is extremely punishable...much more if you roll back towards your opponent. Please avoid that. Replace it with the lesser of two evils, which will have to be a short hopped airdodge.
- Use the F-Tilt more. I've seen you throw out many jabs in the air. F-Tilt does slightly more damage than both jabs (11%) and has great range.
- When it comes to throws and racking up damage with them, you should go for the D-Throw. The Up-Throw has the least damage of the throws, and the /F/B-Throw is only decent for taking your opponent out of the platform.
- Practice Grab Release combos.
Here are some that will come really useful:

Grab, pummel, pummel, Jab, Jab - (14%)
Grab, pummel, pummel, Jab, F-Tilt - (20%)
Grab, pummel, pummel, Jab, D-Tilt - (23%) Good for setting up KO's
Grab, pummel, pummel, Jab, Side-B - (27%)

B!squick

Smash Master
Hey guys, sorry it's a Wi-Fi match, but she's really the only exceptional played I've played lately, so I figured it would be better for critique than one where I can just Klaw hop all day into fairs to win...

Suicide Slushie (Bowser) Vs Rin (Pit) Wi-Fi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5wa...DvjVQa1PpcFNyQ_r7exN_glarnljYof66Lnlxm0U-sAQ=

I'd really like general advice for improvement first, then the more specific stuff if possible, I know I'm not an exceptional Bowser, yet, but I would definitely like to get there within the next year or so.
First of all, I have to ask with this being lolFi and all, were you making mistakes because of input lag? And no, I'm not trying to provide an out because you played... well, about as good as I would have honestly. I really want to know if I'm critiquing your playing or your connection.

Top Bottom