• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
My man! Congrats Daws, now you can tell me all the secrets i'm not supposed to know.

and lol, there's another Lime from the Melee scene here Jamie. Don't go jumping to conclusions :awesome:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I can't help but think of how much things that are out of my control have influenced my life up to this point.

And how that'll never stop.

I think that's why control = happiness... I want to say gj dawson, but now all I see it as is the right places, the right times.

But I'll have to stop thinking this way about now, so I guess GJ dawson.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I always thought happiness = control mate. If you are happy, then you may feel like you have control over life. If you control life all too well, then there's no fun/happiness is there? S:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I always thought happiness = control mate. If you are happy, then you may feel like you have control over life. If you control life all too well, then there's no fun/happiness is there? S:
Having complete control over your life, raising kids with a spouse and being in a good financial state....

To most people, this would probably embody happiness.

This is because happiness is controlled by your body, and because of this, what your body wants is what you want.

It takes stupid amounts of effort to change this. And I would theorize you have to start during childhood to have much of a chance.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Having complete control over your life, raising kids with a spouse and being in a good financial state....

To most people, this would probably embody happiness.

This is because happiness is controlled by your body, and because of this, what your body wants is what you want.

It takes stupid amounts of effort to change this. And I would theorize you have to start during childhood to have much of a chance.
What I mean is that, if you did have COMPLETE control over your life, it'd be a touch boring no? I mean, is there any fun if you already know what your life will be? Half of life is exploring too ain't it? (:

What your body wants can't be entirely what YOU will want as well right? Maybe you want a tattoo but your body is physically unable to take it or something? O-o

| Big D |

Smash Master
Thanks guys, first order of business is correcting the Dedede/Diddy MU.

But really the only reason I got in is because T-block vouched for me.

The only thing I can teach anyone is how to Dedede, stick to Bryan.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
What I mean is that, if you did have COMPLETE control over your life, it'd be a touch boring no? I mean, is there any fun if you already know what your life will be? Half of life is exploring too ain't it? (:

What your body wants can't be entirely what YOU will want as well right? Maybe you want a tattoo but your body is physically unable to take it or something? O-o
You never have complete control over your life, though. That's what keeps this all going.

Maybe if you were omniscient. But I mean, that implies(requires) ascendance of form, so you would have a different concept of reality entirely.

What your body wants is pretty much what you as a person want. I mean, when I asked what people's life goals were, most people said something along the lines of 'to have a spouse in a good house and some kids'.

Theoretically, people could have different levels of freedom, those with higher trending towards asexuality and those with lesser trending towards being *****s. But I mean, Idk, and I'm gonna play dota 2 so I can't think on this much.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Jason is in love with Brandon. He's just tsundere. "It isn't like I wanted to team with you or anything, Sinister. Your Wolf sucks anyways!" - Jason 2012

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Alright, I wanted to release this last night, but then.. So, without further ado, I present to you fine smashers BC's very own $2 Special, Project M style!

[collapse=Rules]
MBR Ruleset said:
Rules

General Rules

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Double Blind*: If elected.
  • Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
  • Neutral Start*: If elected.
  • Standard DSR*
  • Gentleman’s Clause*
  • Forced Character Selection*: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
*Rules are set correctly at Default

Stages and Stage-Striking
Starters: (9 starters)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dracula's Castle
Yoshi's Story (melee)
Dreamland

Counterpick: (10 counterpick)
Rumblefalls
Yoshi's Island (brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
WarioWare
Skyloft
Skyworld
Lylat
Kongo Jungle 64
Metal Cavern
Halberd

Rock-Paper-Scissors determines who strikes first. Stages are struck in 1-2-2-2-1 format. After the first match, winner bans 4 stages from the entire stagelist for the rest of the set, and then loser chooses a stage to play on. If loser of match1 wins match2, then he bans 4 stages for the rest of the set as well, and loser of match2 counterpicks a stage for match 3.

If a set is best out of 5, then no more stage bans happen after match3 and loser CPs another stage. Modified DSR is in effect.

Playing a Set

How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
  2. Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
  3. The players play the first match of the set.
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.
    Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
Tips
General Knowledge

Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regard to the tournament environment. In other words, players are responsible for:

1. Stage List and Rule Set Familiarity
  2. Venue and Entry Fees
  3. Arriving On Time
  4. Maintaining Personal Hygiene
  5. Controllers and Character Knowledge
  6. Minimizing Whining
Definitions
***Term Definitions***

• Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
  • Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
  • Neutral Start: Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority.
  • DSR (Modified): A player may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
  • Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining.

Notes:

• Stay informed. We want this to be a smooth, fun experience. If you aren't sure about something; ask, need to play your set; get it done ASAP, ect ect. Players who have entered Brawl Singles are recommend to finish their matches there before Project M matches, if they happen to overlap. If you are dropping out of Brawl Singles or Project M Singles, Let your TO know.
  • This brings me to my next point, Keep your TO informed. There's nothing worse than you leaving for a bite to eat and forcing bracket to wait for you.
  • No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation. It is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the Tournament Host’s attention. Special exceptions may be made to this rule per your (TO) discretion.
  • Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are Best of 5.
  • The Tournament Host reserves the right to, at any time, make anyone leave the premises of the tournament.
  • Metaknight is banned. :lick:

And above all..
    Have fun!
[/collapse]

Any questions or concerns, feel free to ask!

Registration
Pre-Registration - 2:00pm
Registration - 2:30 - 2:45pm
Singles Start - 3:00 - 3:15pm
Doubles (If there's time)

*Times are subject to change
For a Google Maps location of the Venue, Click here.
There will be a Stream/Recording Set-up!

Furthermore, let your friends, your friends' friends, you friends' sisters, the neighbor's dog and the rest get word with this nifty little flyer here! :097:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
arcansi is assexual
Stop making dumb assumptions. My asexuality is due to choice, not because I was born that way or anything. This also means my body wants me to be straight, and I have tendencies to be ok with this depending on my mindset at the time.

Arcansi have you ever been in love with a girl?
Or guy.
I've been in what I guess I could consider love with a girl before. I'll answer this with yes, why?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
So you're straight but practice anti-sociality?
Born straight. Don't like the idea of following what my body wants me to do. (Get with a girl, have kids, raise kids, die) So I rebel.

This isn't meant to be rude or offensive.
Dw, it wasn't.

Also, I don't practice anti-sociality. I quite like talking to people and being around them. It's just most people have dumb as **** mannerisms (which i'll deal with, even) and I'm stupidly focused on competitive games that I don't know **** about much else except really deep things.

Just curious. Was she physically attractive?
No. I mean, this was like grade 7-9, but no.

Also, just read this on league forums, and I connect with it. I feel like this would be me if I ever slowed down. (I guess for this to make sense I should tell you that I talk and think extremely fast by choice. I could slow down but I never do. I prefer being fast, I guess. Talking fast isn't a conscious choice but...)

Somewhere there's a point where not being understood culminates in a Black Hole effect; you feel isolated from everyone. It becomes so painful when the person next to you can have a convoluted fantasy based on the lore of another world, unrealistic and ridiculous, and earn the admiration of total strangers...

... but if you take two things and create a third from them, you go unnoticed. There's always a blindpoint inside people - things beyond their understanding - but it doesn't matter how beautiful you are if you aren't what people expect.

We yearn to exist; for those of us who aren't content to exist as a derivative of another, what's left for us? We can spend hours being original and accurate and effective - to no end. The discovery of the New, between Layers, is forbidden - because it's not here or there.

Nobody even has to understand why I feel down, I'll still feel the same way regardless. This thing that was the breaking point wasn't even significant. Whether I craft from scratch or derive and mix about, my head moves too quickly and creates too much airspace; so few can bridge the gap with me; and the next thing I know I'm alone in thoughtspace again.

Not my words, though.

EDIT: What the **** where did your fast responses go. I'm sitting here not going to bed waiting for you to post and im not getting anything.

Top Bottom