• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Grats on the purple usernames Dawson and Jesse!

Thankfully, Jesse will be there to cancel out Dawson's optimism for Zelda.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Lux's rule set da bess tho.

[COLLAPSE="Lux's Rule Set"]
In the event I deviate from Unity 3.0 (which is a possibility but probably not until the MW outside of MO weighs in), I will probably run the ruleset as such:

The Fat Bat Legendary Ruleset (FBLR):

8 minute timer
3 stock
MK Legal
Double MK Banned in Teams
Scrooging Rule
LGL 45 (30 for MK)
MK Banned on Counter Pick Stage List
2 Stage Bans
DSR

Starters:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Castle Siege

Counter Pick Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise

Unless it's a 3.0 option, I won't be doing Japanese or Apex rules
[/COLLAPSE]

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Honorary post # 3999 (I completely missed that it was my 3999th post):

ANNOUNCEMENT:

My 4000th post will have an announcement which affects the BC brawl scene to a degree (mainly an update to what I've said not that long ago).

/post.

Anyways, I have 2 updates (meant to only be one, but another rather huge one came up on the weekend).

First off...

So I'm driving up to Campbell River to visit Kyle for his birthday. Right before I get to Courteney, something pops in my car, and there is smoke coming out of the hood and into my car (smoke everywhere). I immediately stop and pull over and turn off the car. I open the hood to let the smoke get out and to see what is wrong with the car. I see a flame where there should not be a flame. I was 20m away from the car in 10 seconds flat.

But yeah, it didn't blow up as in the entire car went boom or anything, but something popped, and now the car is no longer usable (at least not in its current state). I called the tow company and the Fire people, and... well, by the time they got there, the fire was out from under the car (the tow person said he assumed it was oil that was leaking that caused the flame to appear). I got my car towed to a scrap yard in Courtenay, and then had to get Marie (Kyle's better half) to pick me up from there. So... I am back in Victoria, my car is in a scrap yard in Courtenay.

Well, that's the awkward bad news, time for some good news.

What was supposed to be my 4000th post was me saying that I now have a new position at the Victoria hospitals (I passed the test I needed to pass). I am not only getting a 60 cent raise, but also getting guaranteed full-time hours, as well as more days off. My previous schedule was Saturday to Thursday, 6 to 10 (20 hours a week guaranteed), plus whatever on-call shifts they call me in for. I now work 7 days every two weeks, in 12 hour shifts, with every second weekend off.

I don't start this position yet, and am still under my old system, so the odds of me making the next monthly are slim to none. However, depending on if Impulse is on my weekend off or my weekend at work (it alternates), I might be able to go to that (several other factors exist as well). It also means that I may be able to come to mainland tournaments again, assuming they get scheduled on my 'off' weekends.

Another thing I thought I'd mention:

I played brawl Saturday (against Kyle) for the first time since I left Vancouver after Phoenix. We both had a blast. I like brawl again, and although probably will not play it much due to a lack of methods of playing it, I will be playing it when I can instead of just not playing it even when it is right in front of me. Basically, my point is, I'm back into brawl again. I won't be able to come to the monthly unfortunately (can't book that weekend off as nobody is available to take that shift), but given that I have the impulse weekend off, and I am able to go to it etc., I may go to that. Etc etc.

post 4000 ftw.

and blown up cars ftl...

Lux's actual ruleset:

FOR DAMACIA!!!!!!!

Top Bottom