• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Arcansi, there is a difference between discrimination and trolling.

Lesson #1 of the internet: Don't believe everything you read.

Fact #1 of the internet: There are trolls everywhere on the internet.

Rule #1 of the internet: Do not talk about /b/
Trolling someone based on a group they're a part of is discrimination.

-_-

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
But that is exactly what I do. I troll everyone here because they play brawl, and I troll everyone in person because they play brawl. I even quit brawl games, saying brawl sucks, and go play 64 and melee or some other game instead. Is that discrimination?

Basil

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.

I don't see where your going with this.
He's saying that this kind of discrimination is trolling at its core. There isn't any inherent animosity in his actions; he still socializes with us in a friendly manner. But since he knows that we like this game, he can exploit that by saying he doesn't like it, to troll us. His discrimination is quite shallow and doesn't hold any deep-rooted hatred, unlike more common outlets of discrimination.

Asa

Smash Hero
kev that sounds good but i want smash first ;I

also mike could i stay at your place for the night if i do >.>

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Um we're gonna eat around noon if you don't mind waiting :(

Wow Korra... I'm actually sooo scared right now.

Asa

Smash Hero
i'm at the airport now

i could just go to my brother's in victoria but i'd rather stay here for a day

i'll be real quiet mike

Asa

Smash Hero
let's go to stronghold now! :D

btw i don't have my wii with me so someone would have to bring one

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master

Asa

Smash Hero
i've been at the airport for 4 hours =.= can you pick me up from somewhere? a skytrain station?

Asa

Smash Hero
wtf the one weekend I am spending completely away from Victoria north island you decide to show up? At least come back Wednesday for our weekly smash fest ;)
my birthday is on wednesday so i'll probably be on the island ;)

Arcansi

Smash Champion
He's saying that this kind of discrimination is trolling at its core. There isn't any inherent animosity in his actions; he still socializes with us in a friendly manner. But since he knows that we like this game, he can exploit that by saying he doesn't like it, to troll us. His discrimination is quite shallow and doesn't hold any deep-rooted hatred, unlike more common outlets of discrimination.
There's...no point there.

Usually a point is something separate from a long description of what you're doing.

In this case, that long description can't be a point.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
The point is stop getting trolled.
Bolded the important part.

It's not like I'm getting trolled. You're making bad assumptions about things you haven't even looked at.

SKidd

Smash Master
Arcansi, you get trolled hardest out of all BC. Which is quite insulting, considering Sinister.

hi kantrip

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
i've been at the airport for 4 hours =.= can you pick me up from somewhere? a skytrain station?
How's Brentwood Bryan?

btw 604-363-455two if you need anything.

Bryan I'm gonna take you out for food, then we'll play at Mike's place!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
What is with BC and everyone's birthday being in the same week?

But yeah, if you come, I'll play brawl and stuff with you for a LONG time. Wednesday smash nights go from 6pm to... whenever we feel like (occasionally 6am or later...). So it suits your Hawaii time zone perfectly.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
SKidd... you completely disappoint me. Why of all the posts that are coming up would 4000 be the one I'm most hyped about? Isn't there another one that has a much better series of numbers, including the square root of a specific number?

But yeah, I have an announcement I'll make when I reach post 3999. It is a very important announcement for me, and may be important or worth noticing for some people here. But that's for whenever I do make post 3999...

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
It's about 9 posts or so... give or take 9 posts...

Anyways, heading to Campbell River now, may or may not go on smashboards until Sunday night or Monday morning (I could be on between now and then, but I don't know). So the announcement will have to wait until then.

Top Bottom