• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NECROMAFIA | Game Over! Shortest game in Dgames?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Guess I lied about being done (I actually just expected day to start by the time I posted again).
What the heck, why is Soup playing garbage >.>?

Soup:
The game hasn't officially started. It's true that everyone has confirmed and we could play, but that fact still remains.
So what was the point of pointing it out? The only conclusion I can come to is that you were down playing our ability to scum hunt during this time. I have evidence from past and ongoing games that you do not believe this is the case. So for you to down play it here is suspicious.

That's a stretch of meta that I don't care to delve into, mostly because I'd expect Ranmaru to be aware of his faults as scum, you give him too much leniency. Him buddying you isn't a tell either, if anything I'll be looking at him buddying you because it's just a poor excuse to follow someone, even if it's Ranmaru. I didn't like his beginning post at all, mostly because it was pointless and something I wouldn't expect out of him. I would only expect such useless line of questioning from either Swiss or a Newbie, and Ranmaru is neither.
Ok? cool. You have your incorrect opinion, and I have my opinion. That's all there is to it. The game hasn't even started mate. Why are so interested in my read on Ranmaru when I had a read on Ryker and Macman as well? Those are the reads you should be questioning. Is it because you feel ranmaru is a weaker player that you can take advantage of perhaps?
It's a very weird line and I don't understand the use of it wrt Ranmaru, I'm already side eyeing his current play and I don't have a clue where Macman is.
You're avoiding the question. What was the point of stating "and then macman was town". What does it have to do with the intentions of Ranmaru's post you are going on about?

A.
J's town this game. Zen needs to explain why he's reading Ranmaru the way he is without using the words "Meta" and "Obvtown".
Explain to me why you read J town from this. From my perspective it was Ranmaru questioning a suspicious player and J coming to that suspicious player's rescue. Chainsaw, you see? Why did J feel the need to end Ranmaru's line of questioning? All he did was ask for someone's thoughts. Why is it protown to try and limit questioning and producing content, Soup?

I'm very very interested in your response to this :).

B.
You're gonna be my best friend this game.
Explain to me what about this post that you liked. Explain to me what J was talking about in this post.

Not especially, but then I'm trying to push the useful questions out of the gate again, like I did in ERB, rather than intentionally playing like a loon.
Alrighty there we go. As a reminder this is our full conversation thus far:

Z: "Kary is not being nonchalant which aligns with his scum meta"
K: "How am I not being nonchalant?"
Z: "Do you think you are?"
K: "No."

btw I'd like to state here that it isn't solely that I have a scum read on you. It's the way you entered the game following Ran and I's examples as if you were trying to blend in with the trend. Your line of questioning doesn't feel legitimate to me (E.g: see above. There wasn't really a reason for you to ask me what you did.) and you're on the defense rather than the offensive. The difference being, you're trying to avoid appearing scummy rather than looking for things that are scummy.

Except if we agree to do this, there's nothing to stop whoever may have a kill from choosing not to use it, so you can't confirm it- though there's a chance it can buy you another Day at no cost.
Basically what I was thinking is that if there is an anti-town role that can night kill, and they choose not to after we no lynch. Then we continue to no lynch and have our PR's (cop, etc) do their thing during the night phases for a couple of days/nights.

So, my assumption is that you're going to push me like this to get a reaction, because you scumread me off my first post. I respect you for doing that, I think it's cool, but there is a chance it will get on my nerves, I will flip out, and we will hilariously misread one another.
I am trying to get a reaction, yes. But I also legitimately think you're scum. It's a simultaneous process. You could always prove me wrong. I hope you don't flip out, and if you are scum, go down with honor.

Given this possibility, can you please give me a more constructive answer to this:
I would love to just assume you are town, but that isn't really practical unless you can promise me you'll get night killed.
I'm not sure how I can keep you from misreading me. Self meta doesn't translate well to others. All I can say is that as scum I play layed back, disinterested, mostly one-liners and my logic cannot be followed through

As for me misreading others. I tend to side with people who's reads line up with mine. If your reads conflict the evidence that is out there, I take that as a scum tell. What is your read on J?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
EBWOP:
"btw I'd like to state here that it isn't solely that I have a scum read on you."

should be

"btw I'd like to state here, that meta isn't solely the reason I have a scum read on you."

Wait I can still edit posts :bee:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Everybody has confirmed! Gettin' this show on the road, officially.

—————

In the derelict ruins of what was once the Falls Hollow town center, twelve souls stand in caucus. They are the last remaining members of the town; all others have either fled the town and haven’t been seen since, or have been killed by the Necromancer’s army (and, consequentially, have been drafted into it). The survivors are a motley bunch to be sure, but they’re all they have now.

One man stands before the rest, as if officiating a meeting.

“It can be easy to lose hope in times like these, but we must try to press on. For ourselves and for those we’ve lost. There is light in this darkness. We must simply find it.”

Another in the handful of survivors raises their voice in ridicule.

“Hah! That pill might be easy for you to swallow, but I don’t see a bright side in a zombie apocalypse.”

“Ugh, we’ve been over this. They’re not zombies,” yet another voice interjects. “They’re less than that. There’s literally not even a trace of them left in their bodies anymore. I mean even zombies at least have their own, individualized goal, even if it’s usually just ‘find human; eat flesh.’ These things...they don’t even have that. They’re just being used.”

“Yeah, and I’m still over here wondering just how you know so much about this stuff.”

“Er...you know, I read a lot. On the internet.”

“Stop fighting,” the first voice commands, calmly. “We won’t get anywhere if we turn on each other now.”

Another voice breaks its silence.

“But isn’t that why you called us all here? We’re supposed to turn on each other. It’s the only way we’ll find whoever it is that’s done all this. We’re the only ones left and there are still people with fatal wounds walkin’ around outside like it’s just a little breezy. That means it’s gotta be one of us.”

What’s gotta be one of us?”

“You know...the—” a violent thud from outside interrupts the conversation. Everyone stays silent for a moment, then the previous speaker continues on, in a slightly more hushed tone, though the volume is inconsequential. “The Necromancer.”

“Yes, it is true. It has to be one of the people in this room. But we stand a better chance of finding them if we keep cool. Cross words will only cloud judgement. We’ll have an open discussion. We’ll be vigilant. We’ll do this every day for as many days as it takes.”

And so, the dozen survivors of Falls Hollow began a calm, tense discussion, knowing that the wrong choices could spell the end for another one of their loved ones, and also knowing that the rest of the town was just outside their doors, waiting for their chance to strike.

A cool breeze blows through one of the cracked windows, chilling a few members of the party to their bones. It’s almost autumn.

Day 1 begins!

Vote Count
Nabe [0]:
Bardull [0]:
J [0]:
Ragnarock [0]:
Ramen King [0]:
Macman [0]:
Kantrip [0]:
KevinM [0]:
Kary [0]:
July [0]:
Ryker [0]:
Ranmaru [0]:

Not Voting: Nabe, Bardull, J, Ragnarock, Ramen King, Macman, Kantrip, KevinM, Kary, July, Ryker, Ranmaru

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Zen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZdez9DkXs

Vote: Kary

Both me and Zen had seen Kary's newb scum play at first hand. I agree with Zen that Kary was trying to follow our example in that he didn't really ask questions that would help him find scum. Kary also isn't really looking for scum, just asking others who they think is scum. I feel Kary would present a scumread and try to poke at them, to solidify his read. He wouldn't ask them how he should read them, he'd try to bait the player to gauge their reaction. Kary is trying to seem helpful, to appear town.

I also agree with the direction of J as a compromise. It goes either way to me. I feel J has been a bit defensive wrt my questions towards Kary, and his accusation towards Kanty was very jumpy and opportunistic. J is trying to blow something out of proportion.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Am I playing Pulp Fiction again? What happened to the Ranmaru who got over the overtly useless questioning games? Ranmaru, please tell me why you agree with Zen's line of reasoning on me but you're curious as to how others are reading me.
This is in no way Pulp Fiction. In PF me and you had a big tiffy and distracted the town, and it was over you not wanting to answer my question. I handled that wrong, and I learned from that. But this isn't the case here. I was not asking question followed by another question followed by another question and so on. I just asked one question, so I don't see how you see this as Pulp Fiction. Also, my questions weren't useless at all. Tell me my questions accomplished nothing, I dare you. :cool: (If you do, explain how)

I agreed with Zen's reasoning because of meta, and because you seemed proactive in asking for your opinion on me. I asked Kary's opinion on you because you have posted enough content to garner a read, and on J I have already explained why. The only thing I find off is your ignorance towards J and Kary. Curious, what is your opinion on Kary?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Scum would be afraid to answer that they like zombies.

J how is talking about whether no lynching is a viable option "breaking the game". Why did you include Kantrip in that comment when he was disagreeing with Kary?

Bardull what is your read on Kary and J? I'm just going to call them Jary from now on.
J, answer this please.

J, could I get a translation to that post once you're on a computer?
3's are E's. What do you need translating? Half of your posts are so contentless.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why is Zen playing on 2 accounts????

I'll get to more important things either in a couple minutes or when I get back from play practice.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ramen King said:
So what was the point of pointing it out? The only conclusion I can come to is that you were down playing our ability to scum hunt during this time. I have evidence from past and ongoing games that you do not believe this is the case. So for you to down play it here is suspicious.
It was a snide remark, I don't understand why you're so alarmed to me calling it 'pretend.'

Ok? cool. You have your incorrect opinion, and I have my opinion. That's all there is to it. The game hasn't even started mate. Why are so interested in my read on Ranmaru when I had a read on Ryker and Macman as well? Those are the reads you should be questioning. Is it because you feel ranmaru is a weaker player that you can take advantage of perhaps?
Really Zen? You're gonna call me out on making a snide remark and then bury your head and say that the game hasn't even started? On top of this, why are you dodging my question? I don't fly with a response like "Your opinion is wrong, mine is right." Why do I care about Ryker and Macman? Neither had posted at this time, unless you want to make another reach and say that's somehow specifically telling.

You're avoiding the question. What was the point of stating "and then macman was town". What does it have to do with the intentions of Ranmaru's post you are going on about?
I said "Macman wasn't town." It was an allusion as to how I was reading Ranmaru and how random the question was to Macman.

Explain to me why you read J town from this. From my perspective it was Ranmaru questioning a suspicious player and J coming to that suspicious player's rescue. Chainsaw, you see? Why did J feel the need to end Ranmaru's line of questioning? All he did was ask for someone's thoughts. Why is it protown to try and limit questioning and producing content, Soup?

I'm very very interested in your response to this .
You look at this like it's black and white. How is Ranmaru being ProTown asking a completely unrelated question on two players that had hardly posted at that time besides confirmation banter? I can't tell if you seriously scumread J just based on how he /confirmed, this also goes for the same on how you're townreading Ranmaru. How did J end Ranmaru's line of questioning? Nothing stopped him from continuing with his first intention of asking them in the first place.

Explain to me what about this post that you liked. Explain to me what J was talking about in this post.
We're not NLing. Simple as that, I skimmed the arguments but worrying too much about the mechanic is like worrying about Moderator meta. It will get you burned.

#HBC | ѕoup

I find J's feelings towards this game the same as mine: Annoyed. If you must know a reasoning as to why I'm townreading J, it's because even though he shares the same feelings as me, he didn't waste trying to solidfy himself as ObvTown with a bunch of pointless posts and banter that will never reach a conclusion, instead he was clear cut and got right to questioning his scumreads. J's response to Ranmaru probably would have been the same response I would have made there. Please tell me how you're townreading Ranmaru who has not even tried to do anything else on his own but would rather buddy people he knows he can and make a ton of useless questions.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why I asked him to proxy his vote isn't the reason for my read;
I'm not trying to explain why I asked him that.
I'm pushing a very slight read out there, based on his reaction, in order to generate content; it's not 'fake', that is how I read his reaction- but there's not a lot to it.
That's not what you said earlier, Kary. You said that I would have responded a certain way to you asking me to proxy my vote onto you. You did try and explain why because someone asked you about it.

Also getting back to my previous post of me saying that I did not care for Kary's defense back to Zen, this is what I meant.

J, could I get a translation to that post once you're on a computer?
What exactly needs translating?

A.
Imma let ya finish, but first I have to say...WOW, Zen.

Let me explain my perspective before you continue on with this shoddy logic. My perspective was that Ranmaru was asking pointless questions (as per usual) and I wanted to nip that in the bud before it cluttered the thread with useless debate. Kary wasn't suspicious at the time and there was no way to call anyone suspicious at that time since we were still in RVS (it seemed).

Your definition of chainsaw is wrong as well. Ranmaru was actively calling Kary scummy, while I was just trying to get Ranmaru to be quiet in terms of pointless question asking. I was in no way defending Kary nor was I calling Ranmaru scum. The most I was being was a smart*** as I said previously.

@Zen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZdez9DkXs

Vote: Kary

Both me and Zen had seen Kary's newb scum play at first hand. I agree with Zen that Kary was trying to follow our example in that he didn't really ask questions that would help him find scum. Kary also isn't really looking for scum, just asking others who they think is scum. I feel Kary would present a scumread and try to poke at them, to solidify his read. He wouldn't ask them how he should read them, he'd try to bait the player to gauge their reaction. Kary is trying to seem helpful, to appear town.
The exact things you said about Kary in this post Ranmaru, could be said against you. You are asking pointless questions trying to look as if you are doing things and just following Zen's lead at the current time. You do not have your own mind at all this game and are just content to follow Zen around with whatever he has going on. Right now, Zen is doing all the work in trying to poke/solidify his scum-reads (which he most likely will not change, stubborn man.), but you are just his little cheerleader atm. As you continue on, it shows more:

J, answer this please.
Kanty was adding to it with you+Kary. I'd rather just look for scummy people rather than trying to find a way to break the game using the mechanics. If No Lynching is deemed the best answer to find out what we are dealing with in this game, then we should probably go for it. That's my opinion and that's where I am personally stopping that conversation for me. The reason why I consider it breaking the game is because it is just not scum-hunting.

@Zen;

2-3 slots haven't posted and you already have a lynch pool?

You're pushing Soup and he's not in your lynch pool?

Vote: July
Reads on both Zen/Ranmaru from you need to happen.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Zen's double standard for Kary-Ranmaru is utter bull.

Vote: Ranmaru

I'm not dealing with a puppet.

KevinM can still die though. :D

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
J why you always want me dead baybee?

Why you always want a bad time.. why not just ride with me for once shortee see what its like rolling with a real G

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

J said:
What I don't get at all is why Kary is ignoring Ranmaru. In fact, everyone is ignoring Ranmaru because he is essentially just mimicing Zen as his literally meat puppet.
Literally almost screamed in agreement in a public area.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll make a truce with you KevinM till D3, if we are both still alive by then, gloves come off, kay?

As a sign of this, vote Ran with me.

(I also despise trying to read you. The only game I have read you as not-scum was Celeb Rehab, and that was right)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Read me as not scum this game and increase your ratio? Nah truces are gay not voting ran I can't read July so my voteg is looking like a good call. Plus I still gotta read page 3. Is Kary town? Kary town is fun to chill with sup @ you babe?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
As a technicality, KevinM, I've read you right every game we've been in. It's a pain to lynch you though especially in the later phases of the game.

I'll read July for you.

Kary is weird this game. Not obv-town but not obv-scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru said:
This is in no way Pulp Fiction. In PF me and you had a big tiffy and distracted the town, and it was over you not wanting to answer my question. I handled that wrong, and I learned from that. But this isn't the case here. I was not asking question followed by another question followed by another question and so on. I just asked one question, so I don't see how you see this as Pulp Fiction. Also, my questions weren't useless at all. Tell me my questions accomplished nothing, I dare you. (If you do, explain how)

I agreed with Zen's reasoning because of meta, and because you seemed proactive in asking for your opinion on me. I asked Kary's opinion on you because you have posted enough content to garner a read, and on J I have already explained why. The only thing I find off is your ignorance towards J and Kary. Curious, what is your opinion on Kary?
One question? You've asked like ten, all with nonconclusive answers and nothing gained from them. Why'd you vote Kary again? I don't recall you ever making a question or a statement that lead up to it, but instead you're letting Zen do all the arguments and then just shake your head in agreement. Have you even factored your read on Zen? You instantly began to ride the buddy train at any moment you could, I didn't even see any effort for you to read Zen but you just assumed Zen was somehow town and his word was the one to follow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh, one thing I need to mention.

Zen is trying to hard to seem like a front-runner in this game. His intent is for himself so it's making it hard to feel which alignment he is. He is leaning more of a scum-read>town-read at the current time because he is really trying to stretch the facts on certain things. Pushing weird avenues, while blatantly ignoring those who are helping him.

I do see the knife he has in his hand though to backstab who he needs to get what he wants.

*shrug*

Scratch my Kanty suspicion for now after re-reading our debate.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No real scum-intent in his posts. They are hesistant and that is all there is to them. For me, I may be trying to read it from the angle of me only knowing Kanty as being balls to the walls stubborn and wanting his way so his hesitancy is making me just question him. It's more of an:

IGMEOU: Kantrip

Rather than a suspicion because I need to see more before I can make a concrete call.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'll try and read your wall J, it's just a got a ton of spelling errors.

Soup, with Zen he will literally lynch me for no good reason just because he likes lynching me. For intents and purposes, his push on me is ccompletely null because he will do it regardless of alignment. (Current examples would be ERB and LoM, one as town and one as scum) What I don't like what Zen is doing is trying to make a connection case from Kary to meandering not really explaining that connection. He is pushing it on the premisery of Kary seeming to try and fake his way tthrough a read on my slot and me 'reading Kary as null because I think Karys play is usually like this where he will fake it till he makes it. Karys response to Zen isn't good but it isn't crummy if that makes any sense at all.
The connection case is a load of crap, I agree, but is Zen just baiting a reaction? We all know Zen does these things especially with players he feels he can manipulate, why isn't he just trying to get a read on you? I haven't really looked at Kary if you want an honest opinion, more or less skimmed him and I recall him calling out Bardull like it was none of his business. That's about the only attention grabber I found.

Kary, why are you voting July?

Oh, and just a forwaring to you specifically, Soup. I will be being extra cautious with how you regard me b3cause after my flop of other reading you corr3ctly in Disney purely because we had a similar train of thought and your buddying/whiteknighting of me and I am getting those nerves already in this game because it is following a similar pattern but I am just going to be more wary with how you interact with others and not just myself.

I want to see more of this Name vs. Soup thing that is starting to bud b3cause I feel it would hero in reading both slots.
Same to you, if it makes you feel better.

#HBC | ѕoup

No real scum-intent in his posts. They are hesistant and that is all there is to them. For me, I may be trying to read it from the angle of me only knowing Kanty as being balls to the walls stubborn and wanting his way so his hesitancy is making me just question him. It's more of an:
Maybe I just got my Meta Goggles on too tight but I've looked at recent Kantplay and isn't nearly this cautious or in a way, guilty. I look at his posts and I see a puppy dog whimpering as he can't find his way home. I could say "haha yeah typical Kantplay whoop whoop" or I can look at it and say "This is a load of **** and I won't stand for it."

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Couldn't you say the same thing for the Ranmaru suspicion when talking about your last line about Kanty?

W.r.t. your Zen question....*shrug* <--- literal irl answer.

#HBC | ѕoup

I could actually, but I don't let meta define all my reads and look at things objectively. I would question a completely different person if they did the same thing. It's maybe leaning a bit more meta for Kantrip, but the suspicion still remains.

If you want a serious answer as to how I'm reading Zen, I just really think he's being stupid over really scummy, and that might be because he's relying too hard on reactions like Nabe pointed out, or he's literally thrown his brain out. I don't really believe Zen to be genuine in anything he's done, but it's not the kind that is scummy. He threw his brain out and he needs to find it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
God, I love J.
What the ****? I hate J.

I also hate Zen.

I hate Kevin if he doesn't give ne his reads on both of them.

I like Kary.

I hate reading July.

Vote Zen

Zen, do you think NL is a viable option in this setup or are you talking out of your ***?

#HBC | ѕoup

Zen is vote worthy, but he's not lynch worthy. Why do you dislike J?

@Ninja Unless Ranmaru decided to play like Pulp Fiction, absolutely. And it's not just about the votes either, it's the conclusions he has come to; they don't make any damn near sense.

Top Bottom