• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Covered in a white shawl, he seemed suspicious from his liking of boulders. He was always creating and rolling them around, oftentimes even into people.

Evemtually everyone turned on this mysterious figure, finishing him off for good.

As he hangs, it is revealed that.....

194 (Mighta [Animal]), Mafia Goon/One-Shot-Voteblocker has been lynched!

---------------

It is now Night One. Please send all Night Actions to me by September 21st, 11:59PM MST.

:phone:

John2k4

The End of an Era
With a relatively short Night behind them, the townsfolk gather to begin the second Day.

Wait....what's this?

No one has died! Yay?

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Red Ruy has gone missing!

------------------------

Day Two Begins!

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Not Voting(10): Orbo, SneakyTako, BSP, Vinyl., JDitz, Riddle, Kantrip, PrivateJoker, Rake, BarBelL

Deadline is set to: September 26th, 11:59PM MST

BSP

Smash Legend
This is a shame. After re reading, I thought ryu should be our next target.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well isn't that convenient.

Pretty sure Red Ryu getting (presumably) abducted and the lack of a NK make RRscum a highly likely thing. However, there are at least two other possibilities, so it's not completely set in stone. Either way, we now need to find and lynch the abductor before we can deal with Ryuscum.

@Orbo: Please tell me you've read. Give me reads, give me thoughts, give me what direction you want to head in from here.

@Riddle: Talk to me about Vinyl being alive after outwardly claiming doc and saying he'd be on Bardull.

@Vinyl: After 194's scumflip, do you still want BSP? If so, I need to know why.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This is a shame. After re reading, I thought ryu should be our next target.

Why? I agree, but I want to see what you came up with. And don't include the fact that there was no NK, as that's not part of "re reading".

Kantrip

Kantplay
Bardull/Rake: Talk to me about the pros and cons of a mass-claim. Assuming 2 scum and an abductor with the possibility of Ryuscum right now, is it worth mass-claiming to find the abductor?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Kantrip said:
@Riddle: Talk to me about Vinyl being alive after outwardly claiming doc and saying he'd be on Bardull.
Vinyl's claim was so strange. An end of the Day 1 doc claim just doesn't make any sense to me. It strikes me as more of a gambit than an actual claim, and it does make a lot of sense as a gambit for a vanilla townie to make. Essentially, if scum believes you then you save whomever you want (in this case Bardull) in return for your own life, and if Bardull is telling the truth about his role, that's awesome for town. An actual doc could just stay quiet and save Bardull and I don't see any reason for Vinyl not to do that as doc.

What complicates the matters is the lack of a death. There are a couple of possibilities. As you said RRscum is a very distinct possibility and makes a lot of sense. However, a doc save is entirely possible as well. Either Vinyl or a possible unclaimed doc (assuming Vinyl was gambitting) could have successfully saved the nkill target (Bardull or maybe Vinyl if scum believed Vinyl?).

Sorry if this is all a mess. I just have a lot of hypothetical scenarios going through my head right now,

BarDulL

Town Vampire
First off, who knows what an abductor is? Answer with a "yes I do" or a "no I don't". Kantrip, don't answer that question.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Actually, on second thought, don't answer that. Thought I was on to something.

Kantrip, why not janitor and not abductor?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Vinyl's claim was so strange. An end of the Day 1 doc claim just doesn't make any sense to me. It strikes me as more of a gambit than an actual claim, and it does make a lot of sense as a gambit for a vanilla townie to make. Essentially, if scum believes you then you save whomever you want (in this case Bardull) in return for your own life, and if Bardull is telling the truth about his role, that's awesome for town. An actual doc could just stay quiet and save Bardull and I don't see any reason for Vinyl not to do that as doc.

What complicates the matters is the lack of a death. There are a couple of possibilities. As you said RRscum is a very distinct possibility and makes a lot of sense. However, a doc save is entirely possible as well. Either Vinyl or a possible unclaimed doc (assuming Vinyl was gambitting) could have successfully saved the nkill target (Bardull or maybe Vinyl if scum believed Vinyl?).

Sorry if this is all a mess. I just have a lot of hypothetical scenarios going through my head right now,
I like this. You recognize the possibility of Vinyl's claim being an attempt to draw scum's Night Kill openly. I like that you figured that, and I like that you stated it out loud. Yes, I agree that that is what he was likely doing. Scum probably figured that as well and so didn't go for them, but they also didn't want to risk going for Bardull just in case. I'll say more on the matter after Bardull/Rake get back to me about a potential mass-claim.
Riddle is town, I'm pretty confident in this.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually, on second thought, don't answer that. Thought I was on to something.

Kantrip, why not janitor and not abductor?
The fact that there was a separate "no one died" message and a "Ryu is missing" message. I'd bet that "no one died" is the scum kill and Ryu going missing is the work of an indy abductor.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
O__________________________O

There is so much craziness going on that I'm going to explode. Will be back later.

BSP

Smash Legend
Kantrip, I didn't like this. It's regarding Bardull shooting.

Ryu says this at first:

Rake where do we go then? 194 shot could clear the day up more and swing a lynch another way, but I'm still reading and not liking Riddle's Piggyback and in the shadows style right now.
He wants to see Bardull shoot

Yes to Bardull shooting before the day is over as well.
So he still wants to see the shot.

Then Bardull says he's not shooting today.

Kay, read up.

Not shooting. Deal with it.
Here's what Ryu says initially:

Bardull no shoot?

No he will shoot or we can lynch to tell us what the purpose if his gambit or was.

Aka I don't believe he is a day vig.

Night.

From this, I take that Ryu wants Bardull to confirm his shot, even to the point where he even suggests we lynch him for a possible gambit. From this, you'd figure that Ryu wants to see the shot, correct?

He won't be since the fact Mason's are around alone would disprove his claim, that and him double backing on his shot despite pushing it so hard right before people told him to shoot, not just me.

Read still but if he is riding it like I think he is, I want him copped.
Now he's showing even more suspicion, even suggesting Bardull be copped.

I won't lie, I was/still am a little suspicious about Bardull backing down too, but what made me skeptical of Ryu is how fast he backs out of pressuring Bardull.

Hey Kantrip as much as I'd love to duke with a scum read with reasons you pulled out of your ***. I'm a little busy.

Oh Bardull still won't? Or rather won't say k we're done today.

Vote: 194

7 posts later, He drops off of confirming the shot, hammers 194, and then starts offering suggestions for cop targets (...). He changed his mind a little too fast for my liking. If he was that serious about seeing Bardull's shot or motivations (as his posts implicate), why did he just turn around and hammer like this?

But he's gone now...

Kantrip

Kantplay
Interesting. Yeah, I think his motives for wanting to see the Bardull shot were that he disbelieved Bardull's claim and was trying to get a lynch other than 194's. Either way, talking about RR while he isn't in the game isn't going to help us. What do you propose we do from here?

BSP

Smash Legend
I think he was looking for something else to catch our attention and used Bardull backing down for it. I think he was just trying to spread doubt, but just abandoned it.

First priority should be getting something out of Orbo. The slot literally cruised into this day.

BSP

Smash Legend
@Riddle and Jdietz - where do you two think we should look today? Do you have any reads so far?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want Bardull to shoot someone, pretty much immediately. I don't care who, me works if it has to be.

That refusal to shoot at the end of D1 was grimy as balls.

Riddle

Smash Lord
@Riddle and Jdietz - where do you two think we should look today? Do you have any reads so far?
The only four people I'd consider lynching at this exact moment are JDietz, Orboknown, BSP, and Rake.

JDietz - Hasn't done much of anything has far as providing new or useful information to town. His argument with Joker was strange and his focus on the mason claims doesn't make any sense to me as a pro-town move beyond getting some extra information, and that does not feel like what JD's goal was.

Orboknown - I'd rather this slot be shot, but if Orboknown starts contributing and anything he says strikes me as even remotely anti-town, I'd lynch him in a heartbeat. Toaster skated through all of Day 1 with absolutely no useful input, and I have no reason at all to see him as a townie at this point. Hopefully Orb is able to change my opinion.

BSP - All of BSP's reads feel very safe and pro-status quo. Based on his meta (i've read MLP and we were both in HxH) this isn't unlike his town play, but it's also highly reminiscent of the kind of caution that mafia often uses when "scumhunting."

Rake - Rake gives me a little bit of a bad vibe, but nothing major. He seems to be trying to look like an active and contributing player, while providing very few original reads. Some meta would be appreciated on Rake, but he just strikes me as a little off. Definitely a low priority for now though.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Riddle, after Jdietz answers your question about Vinyl tell me why you're not putting Vinyl up in your lynchpool.

Jdietz, could you address BSP's question. Your answer particularly interests me.

Bardull, what was blowing your mind earlier?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not a day vig. Complete gambit.

Do you think I'm scum for doing it?
I don't know, I don't really like it, but I'm going to have to probably re-read:woman:. I wanted to know for sure if obvious gambit was truly obvious or not before we start in earnest today though.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everyone pay close attention to how this wagon goes. It's better information than you'll get for awhile.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Bardull, get at my mass-claim question. I'm kind of curious as to what prompted your #854 too.

Jdietz, answer outstanding questions.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we should look at Bardull, Kantrip, Vinyl, and Riddle. I still wouldn't be against Tako just croaking either.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Instead of talking about how awesome the information is, how about giving us the information?
The information is how and when people jump my wagon if they do after I die. After that you'll have to use your head to decide when why and how they are or aren't scum for it.

Top Bottom