• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DG Interview Thread: Walrus? Toasted

RPS

• Total voters

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
You are dropped into the world of pokemon to become the pokemon champion! However, pokeballs are rare and expensive, and the only pokemon who will follow you naturally is a lonely trubbish. Describe both how you would train him to be a ruthless battler and how you would bond with him, like Ash bonded with his Pikachu.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
How do you personally improve at things you wish to be better at (league, smash)? Do you prefer to be criticized heavily so that you rise up and prove people wrong, or reflect/meditate on your own mistakes and become better from that?

Now besides preference, which one of those methods do you believe is more effective?

:phone:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i believe JTB's question puts you in a false dilemma. Is there other options? If so, what are they?

Re-answer the question while considering these other options.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
What is Poutine? I always buy that in Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Favorite thing in the world?
Why do you live?
Best thing going on in your life atm?
Do you like talking about yourself?
Aboot*
Top 5 favorite games?
Why is Jin so much better than Hazama?
Wordcount at end of post?
Best friend?
Best internet friend?
How much does said internet friend know about you?
Top5 songs?
Favorite moment of the week?
Sleep in pyjamas? Shirt? Boxershorts? Nude? Gangnam style?
How often do you scream at *****?
SEVEN *****?

Hah im bad at sleeping i should stop drinking caffeine.
Do you drink energy drink/coffee?
Are you a man of principles?
Would you risk your life for me?
Whats your favorite color?
What was your last dream like?
Ever had recurring nightmares? If so, I feel ya brah.
Scared of the dark?
How insecure are you?
I know you dislike being made fun of a lot, any reason? (raztarded comes to mind)

ARE YOU A CANADA SUPERSTAR?!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
how has modding dgames been? do you believe this experience has set you up for success in your future endeavors? how many people have you banned and how many do you hope on having banned by the time youre done?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
If you were the great and powerful Raz, what would be your first command to the hot female portion of your subservient population

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
At the risk of being crucified for posting without posting the interview, I just wanted to update that this is alive and just got sidetracked by life and a busy weekend.

It's roughly half done, and at about 5k words (10 pages in word)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
What is your true viewpoint on America? We're all just fat and obese and have a crumbling eco-

:(

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You're caught in a horrible situation where you can only save one. Do you choose to save me or do you choose to save Kevin, knowing that the other will fall into a vat of acid and die an excruciatingly painful death?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You're caught in a horrible situation where you can only save one. Do you choose to save me or do you choose to save Kevin, knowing that the other will fall into a vat of acid and die an excruciatingly painful death?
Who in the world would set up this horrible situation, Raz?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ye interview

How's Canada?
Canada's pretty great. I live each day of my life with no fear for my own personal safety. I take great comfort in knowing that any health problems that may arise with myself or my family are covered by our insurance. No issues with over-crowding or severe pollution. People are on the whole pretty darn polite in my area. Easy to get around. Enjoy living near the city, but it's not so huge that it feels imposing on the area. Grew up in a great community.

Things I don't like about it:

Our current Conservative government is working backwards on a lot of human rights issues, though they still hold no candle to the Republicans. Unfortunately, the only better choice (Jack Layton, NDP) died a short time to cancer after the Conservatives took power last time.

**** is still strangely expensive by comparison to the US, despite our dollar reaching parity (or very close) some time ago.

Our population density being low means communities tend to be spread out. Particularly so, in the case of Smash scenes. Our closest neighbor is a 7 hour drive to Maine, or 12-14 to Montreal/Quebec City. Makes it a pain in the *** to improve once you get close to the top level around here.

I'll probably think of more as I write this.

fav Mafia Moments as town/indy/mafia
Town? Hmm. The Town games tend to stick out less in my mind since I enjoy scum more. Though here's a few I enjoyed:

Fire Emblem: PoR – My First game in D-Games, and my first time being Town, I claimed super early and got strung along by Overswarm until I realized entirely too late that he was scum and we got end-gamed for it. Great learning experience on never blindly trusting people.

Gurren Lagann/Ragnarok Mafia – Moments of personal pride, as they're the first Town games I felt I played well in. Was killed N2 in both games as VT, so I felt like I did my job well.

Time Travellers – DeGrey's (Now Murderbush, the Ryker/Raz hydra) first outing. We ****ed around a lot, and I felt like a super boss for spotting videogames.jpg's crumb. Indirectly Pilebunkered IndyReyth right in the face. Then the scumteam saved us, which was hilarious. Spotting crumbs remains one of my major strengths in that hydra. I love playing it, because Ryker and I involve each other really well, and I notice things he misses, while he yells at people for me.

Fire and Lightning Mafia – This was a real moment in my growth as a mafia player. I ended up in LyLo oblivious to scumXonar, and had to convince Kantrip and Xonar (I think), that Ryker was scum and not me. I fought down that lynch hard, and it's probably the first time I ever really had to challenge myself to make a strong play in mafia. Ultimately I was wrong, and Xonar blindsided everybody with a stunning scum performance, but I succeeded personally in avoiding my own lynch in LyLo with the odds stacked heavily against me.

As Mafia:

Death Note (BBR Edition) – This will probably always be my favorite game. It was my first game ever, and I drew Mafia. I made a lot of smart Nkill choices and essentially led the scumteam to victory. The team was orginally DMG, Pado, Rajam, Myself, and UTDZac. DMG showed me the ropes, but got died on Night 1 or 2, I forget which. After that point, I made most of the decisions, with Rajam supporting me excellently.

The Crux of it all was an absolutely ridiculous Indy claim I pulled in LyLo AS MAFIA to secure the victory for our scumteam by lynching Vyse (VT). Would totally have not worked in D-Games in a million years, but it was what got me hooked on mafia and made me feel super goddamn amazing. I'm very tempted to quote my ridiculous claim and ending flavor, but I still hope to one day run that set up in D-Games. Might see if I can re-scope it to run it as my small.

Gigabots & Catherine Mafias – Both of these games are essentially Murderbush doing what we do best, which is pulling a bunch of ridiculous bull**** and getting away with it. In Gigabots it was running down 2 mislynches as TraitorBomb then getting shot and jan'd by our ownscumteam to avoid our flip incriminating Glyph/EE.

Catherine involved us claiming CENSUS TAKER and essentially running the game until we set up Kingmaker with Xonar as Town and Loli/NickRiddle as the other mafia, and Xonar wanted to stick it to Ryker. </3

Honorable mention to Xonar and I playing really well in Legend of Mana, but that kinda got spoiled by the HBC Double-lynch on Moth/Rake when neither of them had posted.

As Indy:

I get SO CLOSE. OVER AND OVER.

Majora's Mask (X1-12 Edition) – Made it to LyLo as IndyLink. Got hasty and rushed down a Dabuz lynch when waiting out the Kuz stalemate would have been the better choice. Almost won.

Final Fantasy Tactics – Again, made it to 5-man, but I think it was 4v1 that time, so not LyLo. Got hasty AGAIN on claim **** out of paranoia over scumKantrip. Was correct and got him lynched, but ran myself into a dead-end on claim inconsistencies and questionable action choice, and ultimately surrendered in that phase. Even if I had fought that one through, the other remaining members (Gova, Rajam) were basically unlynchable and I had no alternative route to victory, since I needed to lynch successfully 3 times.

One of these times I'll keep a calm head as Indy and not blow my load too early. I can make it to LyLo, I just can't play to win the late-game yet. Need to focus on that.
how are the maritimers?
We're good? I'm not sure if you were expecting specific ****, since I'm the only Maritimer in D-Games. Maybe you were expecting something about us being horny fishermen. Not sure. :p

ryker or swiss-who would you rather side with in an ego fight?
Ryker, no contest. I just don't know Swiss that well, and I can't deny Ryker much of anything, the evil temptress that he is.
name five things dgames doesn't know about you?
I have a feeling this is going to be difficult, since I talk about a lot of my personal life in the Skype chat. I'll just talk about some things I consider really important to know about me as well, even if they're not exactly unknown.

1) I seriously considered teaching History as an alternate career path to the Game Design that I'm currently pursuing. I have a strong passion for that as well, and I'm great at writing and editing essays.
2) I constantly worry if I'm making the right choices in my life. As I'm moving through my degree I hope that I made the right decision, because it's so hard to know for sure what you want to do going into university. I don't know if I'm ready to move out on my own when it's all done. There's a large part of me that wants to remain sheltered and safe, playing video games and enjoying lack of responsibility.
3) Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty. It's one of the most critical things I value in essentially everything. I have never and will never betray someone who I trust. It's just not something I could ever do. My parents raised me to have an incredibly strong moral code, despite the absence of religion in my life.
4) One of my highest priorities in life is finding “true” love. It's one of the most fulfilling feelings that I've ever experienced. More on this later when I talk about the Facebook thing that Gova asked about.
5) I have a terrible history of avoidance behavior. It's the main reason I've struggled a bit with University thus far, because my poor work ethic combined with the now-diagnosed ADD helped spawn compulsive procrastination, which turned into lying and avoidance to deal with the fact that I was struggling with some of my classes. I went through high school and most of university without ever being challenged by anything, so I was completely unprepared and became quite ashamed of the issue. That resulted in some meltdown, and is a large part of how the ADD ended up being diagnosed.
answer xonars questions he always asks
Will do after this post.
how's the meds going?[/B]
Well. I just increased my dosage to 10mg a few days ago. They've been helping my ability to focus in classes and have given me a significant boost in positive mood and attitude. I've been feeling kind of burnt out lately, but I feel that's largely attributed to midterm burnout, rather than any effect of the medication.
What are your dreams for the future? One realistic one and one overly ambitious one, please.
Overly ambitious? I'd like to one day run a company that creates RPGs that my self of today would die to play. Things like Golden Sun 1 and 2, Majora's Mask, Xenoblade, **** like that. I call that overly ambitious because as I know myself now, I feel like I'd be more comfortable working as a part of the greater whole, rather than taking supreme initiative to run the company myself.

Realistically, I want to find someone to spend my life with, I want to be successful in whatever it is I finally decide to do, and I want to raise a family, and give my children the wonderful kind of parenting that my parents gave me. Essentially, concrete life goals.

Most embarassing thing about you that your parents know?
My parents know practically everything about me. I've always shared pretty much everything about my life with my Mother. Somewhat less so with my Dad, because he's uncomfortable talking about some things. But my mother? Everything. Everything to do with Puberty, we were completely open with. Relationship advice, career advice, you name it, we talked about it. Extremely close with both.

I realize this is sort of dodging the question, but the point is that they know stuff about me I'm not completely comfortable with sharing in an open interview. So instead, here's one of my most embarrassing childhood stories!

So, enter young Raziek/Jordan. This was back in my hometown, in Grade.... 3 or 4, I think. I would've been like 11ish? Idk. Too lazy to math. ANYWAY. I was at school, and was feeling too sick to stay. My teacher agreed, so she let me go call my parents. Problem was, neither of my parents was able to come pick me up from school, since they were at work. Solution: I only lived about a 10 minute walk away! Thinking I had a house key, I assured my parents everything would be fine, and I started walking home.

I get to the house, and the terrible realization dawns on me. I forgot my house key, and I am locked out of the house. Now here's the real ****ty part. Inb4pun. I had to poop. Badly. I started frantically running around the house trying to find a way in, because it was NOT going to wait much longer. Doors were all locked. Windows were all shut. I was not getting in.

So I crapped in the dog run. Just let it go. Wiped with some leaves, then broke into my house through a very tiny cellar window that had not presented itself as an option during my panic. Now, of course, being the sheltered little goodie-two-shoes I was, I was incredibly ashamed of this. So I just hid it. In the corner. Didn't dispose of it, didn't move it out back into the woods or anything. Just tried to cover up that I had done it.

Enter the real problem: The Dog ate it later that day. She then threw up all over the carpet inside the house. My parents realized something was up, and I am a horrible liar. Story came out. Hilarious in retrospect, completely mortifying at the time. Moral of the story: Poop BEFORE you leave the school.
Ever seen something you knew you shouldn't have seen? What was it and what did you do?
Well, I can fortunately cross 'Seeing my parents doing it' off that list. Hasn't happened, probably never will, because they usually just warn me if they're going to, and I always knock before entering their room.

Outside of mundane **** like seeing a few Christmas presents, I don't think I've really seen much. No cases of someone cheating on someone or anything like that. I've been privy to more than a few serious arguments, but nothing that I “shouldn't have seen”.

If anything, I suppose it would be overhearing some stuff some of my ex-highschool friends were saying about me prior to an incident of them essentially exiling me from the social circle I'd been part of since Middle School. They said some really mean ****, and after they went through with the exile (which essentially was just running away from me constantly like ****ing children), I went to the home of one of them and called them out on their **** right in front of their parents. Was very empowering in retrospect. Most of them are drug addicts or failures now anyway. Good riddance.

Would you consider ever name-changing? If so, what to?
I don't think so. “Raz” has become a core part of my identity at this point. It almost feels more natural than my real name, if only because I tend to hear it more often. (My Dad often calls me by “Bud” or some other pet name, so it's usually my sister or mother I hear it from.)

I have entirely too many memories attached to the name for me to consider changing it at this point. If anything, I'd absolutely retain 'Raziek' and maybe tag on 'DRB | Raziek'.
What's your guilty pleasure?
Dynasty Warriors (Empires). Absolutely ****ty game series, but I'm strangely captivated by mashing buttons for hours and watching thousands of generic minions fall at me feet. Then promptly ****ting my pants when Lu Bu shows up.

Name 5 things I don't know about you.
Well ****, this one's specifically for Xonar, so I think I'm obligated to do this one.

1) When I had my wisdom teeth out, I was sedated beforehand at my house. I refused to leave the house, citing that I couldn't go because (and I quote, my mom wrote it down) “I had a massive erection.”
2) I collected Beanie Babies for YEEEARS. I owned almost every avian member up to a certain point. Stopped around Puberty.
3) I didn't learn to ride my bike until I was 10, when my parents refused to let me back into the house until I did.
4) For the longest time I was deathly afraid of talking to strangers. Store clerks, fast food places, anything. Terrified. Stopped in early high school as I became more comfortable and confident about my social identity.
5) I played the Piano for about 7 years, largely due to my Mother's influence. (She's a former music teacher, and has her Bachelor's Degree in Voice and Piano, with a Master's In Education, and has accompanied various choirs in Nova Scotia.)
If you were a girl, what would you like to be named? Would you name your daughter like that?
I was going to be named Rebecca, as my gender was unclear until birth. (I was delivered by C-section, as I was upside down.) I would gladly adopt that name if I were female. Other candidates include Raena, Mia, and probably several other non-standard names I could think of. Don't really want something boring.

Would name my daughter like that, yes, so long as it was a mutual decision between my spouse and I.

What's your "life philosophy"/slogan?
Nothing worthwhile is gained without risk.

It's essentially a modified version of Carpe Diem. I embedded it into my lifestyle in late high school, and it has paid off big. It's been what has started essentially every relationship I've been in, and the number of times is has done me wrong is almost zero. Take risks. The payoff is almost always worth it.(Except ones that seriously endanger your life, I'm not endorsing Darwin Award attempts.)

Make a Rockin gay joke :D
Rockin's so gay he's attracted sexually to men.

Choose a picture to describe yourself.

Encompasses several major things.

Trust, Camaraderie, and willingness to sacrifice for what I believe in.

Choose a song to describe yourself.
Managed to narrow it down to two:

Breaking Benjamin – I Will Not Bow
[yt]7qrRzNidzIc[/yt]

Three Days Grace – Time of Dying
[yt]g9skUH9rSD8[/yt]

What is your greatest accomplishment in life?
Hmmm. I don't really have one thing that I'm super-super proud of. I've never won anything super amazing or done something really crazy and worthy of praise.

It's a bit of a cop-out, but honestly, I'd say it's getting this far. I've been through a lot already on my way to 21 years of age. Many hardships passed successfully, many small victories, some large ones. Been through depression. Experienced deep love. Met my personal goal of losing my virginity in a meaningful way before age 20!

I don't really have a “greatest accomplishment”. Life is a journey. :)

You are infected by a parasite. This parasite makes it so that you get a new biological rhythm.
You wake up at 9:30am, you live until 11pm and then you die. You wake up again the next morning.
From the moment you wake up, you know you'll die the same evening. You don't know that you'll wake up again.
Imagine that it's possible in this society.
Now, after a year of this, you get offered the opportunity to have the parasite removed. Do you do it?
Ahhhh yes, the inevitable psychological dilemmas.

This most important knowledge in this scenario is that I've been infected, not ALWAYS been that way. That's super important. For starters, though I don't know I'll wake up the next day, I can come to a logical conclusion that I will. Simply by talking to others around me, I'll know that it's a pattern that continues. No sense living in fear of a random death. That'd be like living in fear of a meteor killing me. We go to sleep every night and there's a chance we won't wake up. This isn't really much different.

The parasite in this sense is much akin to a permanent sleep for a set period of time. As long as the death isn't particularly violent, it's not necessarily even a bad thing! I could do with more sleep, though not having a choice in the matter would be inconvenient.

Given the information available, yeah, I'd have it removed. The key thing is I have prior knowledge of my life beforehand. A year isn't that long. Maybe if it was like, 30? 50? So long that I can't remember life without it? Maybe. Otherwise, nah, I'd have it removed.

What is the most comfortable feeling in the world?
Cuddling after sex. Euphoria unimaginable. World could be burning around you and you probably would not care. The warmth, comfort, and contentment is just incredible.

What are the things you enjoy most? (i.e. drawing, taking a walk, playing games)
Games are a big one, but I really enjoy competition and spending time with friends. It's sharing those moments with friends that make it special. I've always been really competitive. The camaraderie of being on a swim team was a big thing for me though. Fostered a sense of pride and community, and strengthened my ties with everyone else.

There's another one I'll touch on later when I talk about my favorite place.

What do you pride yourself in most?
Good question.

I'm proud of how I choose to live my life. I'm proud of my commitment to trust, and the moral choices I make with my life. I'm proud of my parents and my upbringing.

I'm also really proud of the big ****ing bookcase of video games in my basement. I've got like 400 unique titles now.

You are walking with ___. Suddenly, ____ asks you "Say Alex, ___ do you _________?"
You respond, "Well, ____, I ______ for ________, so __________."

fill in the blanks.
You are walking with Jesse. Suddenly, Ryker asks you "Say Jordan/Raz , when do you want to play Yomi?"
You respond, "Well, after I play Juicy, I promised him I'd play for while, so you can wait, nerd."
You can learn one other language. Which one is it?
Hmm.

The pragmatic answer would probably be improving my French to the point that I can live in Quebec. Spanish or a European language as a runner up.

As a “Just because”? Russian. Maybe Japanese.

You're born in another country. Which one is it?
The Netherlands of course!

Seriously though, probably somewhere in Europe. I'd like that.
You're given the chance to find your true love in trade of everyone you hold dear at that point in time. Do you do it?
Nope. Not worth it in the long-run. Making a choice like that would be insanely selfish and ultimately would uproot most of my life. I could see myself simply not caring about anything else.

And depending on how literally you want to take the wording, I'm not even guaranteed a relationship, just finding the person. I'd rather get a 90% sync than lose everything I care about for a 100% sync. (Shout-outs to Pokemon Conquest)
Truth is a silly concept. Why do people cling to it?
It's necessary for the foundation of human interaction, essentially.

It's a flawed concept, but I disagree in saying that it's silly. Truth forms the basis of trust, which allows us to forge relationships with each other. A world without truth is survivalistic, paranoid, and likely not even remotely structured.

This seems like asking me what's the point in life if everyone dies. Just because something is sometimes invalidated doesn't warrant disregarding it.
Learn to Jugemu with me, please.
Nope. 10Goofyjapanesethings.
Pick 5 dGamers to chill with.
Ryker
Laundry
Xonar
Kevin
BSL

Honorable Mentions:
Sold2
Gova
Juushischi (Not technically a D-Gamer)

It was really hard to choose between Kevin/BSL/Stew/Gova. First 3 for sure. Had to go with Kevin because I can only imagine he's even more hilarious in person, and Brad is too cute to turn down. Very hard choice.
Remember those 5 dGamers you were chilling with? Pick a quote to describe each of them. Movie, book, something you heard. Anything goes, as long as it's not your own words :v
Ryker – “Who the Hell do you think I am?!” - Kamina, TTGL
Laundry - “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” - Albert Einstein
Xonar - “Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.” - The Assassin's Creed
Kevin - “YOLO *****ES WE IN THIS” (Or something like that) - KevinM
BSL - “Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.” George Carlin

Are you an optimist, realist or pessimist?
Mix of Realist and Optimist. I hold some beliefs about human nature that some would call naïve, but for the most part I'm a realist. I trust perhaps too easily, which has burned me in the past. But it's not something I'm going to change.
Are your friends optimist, realist or pessimist?
Probably a mix of the same. I know a few who are optimists for sure. Good number of realists. You're one of the few pessimists/cynics I know thinking off the top of my head.

What type of girls are you attracted to? Like, give us some defining characteristics.
This gets answered later when Ryker asks.
Anyone you look up to? Famous or not, doesn't matter.
Other than my parents and junk, the big one is:

This guy influenced me in so many ways. I've watched or listened to almost every piece of material he has, multiple times. He's molded many of my views on religion, politics, and a large number of subjects. Basically any of the material he covered between 1987 and his death.

Early Carlin was more a comedian, Mid-Late Carlin is a philosopher. He used the stage as a podium, and spoke of things nobody else would. He was well before his time. I regret never being able to ever meet him in person, as I didn't discover him until a short time after his death in 2008. Would have sent fan mail, would have gone across the country to see one of his shows if I had to.

Would give a LOT to be able to have a long, drawn out discussion with him about life.
What is your favorite word in the English language?
Indeed.

I use it for everything. Just an all around fun word, very multi-purpose, and you can express so much using it simply with inflection! Indeed? Indeed! Indeed. Indeed.
What REALLY sucks?
Realizing the moment that you start taking a huge dump that there is no toilet paper or adequate substitute for it in your immediate vicinity.
I'm surprised that people are talking about Canada mafia but haven't mentioned a thing about lumberjacks yet.

Lumberjack is the ONLY occupation that exists in Canada after all.
You forgot Hockey Players, Farmers and Fishermen.
What is love ?

What manner of execution is best for a puny, INSOLENT henchman?
Three Things Required:

1) Public
2) Violent
3) Creative

Not-so-super super power?
Power to always hit a green light!
Will Soup ever be interviewed ?
Yes, since I'm nominating him again after I'm done mine.
Top 10 favorite fictional characters.

Top 10 favorite shows, anime or live action.

Top 10 video games.
Characters:

Sho Minamimoto (TWEWY)

Hazama (BlazBlue)

Yamato/Naoya (Devil Survivors)

Heath (FE7) / Zihark (FE9/10)

Josh (FE8)

Zelos/Kratos (Tales of Symphonia)

Marth

Flynn Scifo (ToV)

Vincent Brooks (Catherine)

Snow (FF13) / Nero (DMC4)

Baird (Gears of War)

These characters are grouped essentially by aspects of my personality that I identify with them.

Sho is my chaotic side.
Hazama is the sadistic part that I don't usually indulge.
Yamato and Naoya are the controlling power-hungry side, despite having arguably good intentions (moreso in Yamato's case)
Heath and Zihark are those who deserted in defense of their ideals. Virtuous, honorable.
Josh is carefree, escaping responsibility, but ultimately takes his place as King.
Zelos/Kratos less so, but honor and duty for Kratos, responsibility thing for Zelos.
Marth's been betrayed, but fights for his kingdom and his people.
Flynn is the picturesque knight, honorable to a fault.
Vincent just wants to live his life free of responsibility and the worries of marriage, though I worry less so about that.
Snow and Nero both fight to save the one they love at all costs.
Baird is the sarcastic *******, who is often caustic, but not a bad guy.

Games:

TWEWY
Golden Sun ½
PSO ½
Persona 3
Devil Survivor ½
Xenoblade Chronicles
Donkey Kong Country
Fire Emblem 7
Pokemon Sapphire
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages
Tales of Symphonia
Majora's Mask

Shows:

Death Note
TTGL
Soul Eater
George Carlin Specials
Spongebob Squarepants
Futurama
The Daily Show
Pokemon
Mythbusters
Anything Power Rangers

If you could hang out with 5 Dgamers that you haven't already met in irl who would they be?
Xonar
Gova
KevinM
Glyph
Evil Eye

Raz:

No Homo

Raz, in future hindsight, why didn't that DGames orgy happen in the hotel room?
Disregard if it actually happened.

Well, I slept with you and Ryker, so...

Raz:

Why do me and Gova always have to carry you?

<3
Hi Raz, I got you some questions;

What got you into dgames/mafia?
I was in the BBR and Praxis put up signups for Death Note Mafia. I was like, “da fuq is this”? I loved Death Note, but had no idea what mafia was. I poked my head in, inquired, and became super interested.

Played the game out, and afterward, Adumbrodeus singled me out as someone with a hell of a lot of promise at the game. He recruited me over to D-Games itself. See my comments on Death Note for specifically what drew me into the game.
why'd you choose to stick around?
I forget how, but I ended up in the Skype Group. Made a lot of friends and the rest is history. I of course still very much enjoy mafia itself.
your favourite mafia setup?
Death Note. Was really creative, wish I could talk about it more out here.

Runner-ups are OS's Tactics, and X1-12's Majora's Mask, because I particularly loved the roles/mechanics in those games.
what part of playing mafia do you most enjoy?
Playing scum. The thrill of deception is quite unique, and there's no feeling quite like suckering people into believing your bull****.

Beyond that, Night Actions. I absolutely love all the mind-games surrounding using NA's intelligently.
what's the best way to deal with:
a salty dgamer?
Best? Ignore.

Most fun? Call em out or troll.

:059:
an overly amorous dgamer?
In an alternate universe where I was attracted to men, I'd go gay for Ryker, BSL, or Xonar.

As for the actual question, I can't say I've ever dealt with that sort of situation, lmao.
a drunk dgamer?
I believe I've said in the past:

“Ruy, you're drunk, go to bed.”

Alternatively, turn it into D-Games reads awful fan-fiction night. Shoutouts to Snape and the Teletubbies, Scooby and the Jamaican? Cuban? Banditos, and whatever the hell the third one was.

any one dgamer of your choice?
Ryker, and play video games for goofy shenanigans.

Which dgamer:
are you most likely to marry?
This is a strange answer, but Laundry. As much as I like Ryker/Xonar/BSL, I feel like in a marriage, I'd mesh much better with a more passive personality like Alex's. Ryker and I would be a lot of fireworks, Xonar's too doushio and I honestly don't know enough about BSL to know how we'd get along outside of the fact that he's super-cute.
is the most underrated?
Currently? Kantrip.

I think he's been doing a hell of a lot better lately and has been really good about working through his flaws and playing around the rough spots of his playstyle.
do you most want as your townbro?
In line with the above, Kantrip. I can pick him out as Town very easily since Adventure Time, our views usually line up well, and I'm confident we could work well together. Has the added benefit of being a strong late-game partner, as neither he nor I are Priority 1 Night Kills.

do you most want as your scumbuddy?
For Goofy ****? Ryker, no questions asked.

I really enjoyed working with Xonar in Legend of Mana as well.

From a purely gameplay standpoint, Rajam is a fantastic scummate. He did amazing in Death Note, F&L and practically every time I've seen him scum. Very hard to lynch. Would absolutely team with him again.
would you like to meet that you haven't already?
Answered Previously.
What's your top 5 favourite bands/musicians?
Three Days Grace
Red
Breaking Benjamin
In Flames
Various Japanese Game music Composers.
What's your top 5 songs/pieces of music?
Splitting this into Games vs. Other, because choosing 5 between the two would be annoying.

Games:
Xenoblade Chronicles – One Who Gets in Our Way
[yt]JS7XVMNNZI8[/yt]

Xenoblade Chronicles – Engage the Enemy
[yt]HAW4xlbyu28[/yt]
These two pieces are just amazing in terms of the emotion they convey, especially in context of the game's events/cutscenes.

OWGOW is the theme played for every major boss fight sans the last boss, and often starts within the cutscene prior to the fight. When you hear it, you know **** is about to go down. The opening flawlessly conveys the immense importance of the fight, which usually lasts until a little into the boss fight. The piece is timed such that the second “verse” (0:55) begins just as you ACTUALLY start to gain a significant advantage in the fight. The bells in the background, and the constantly rising melody really emphasize the “rising to the challenge” feeling that the song brings. It's probably my favorite boss fight music in ANY game.

Engage the Enemy plays in just about every emotional cutscene in the game. And they are ALL TIMED PERFECTLY for the hook that hits at around 1:00. It's hard to describe just how impeccably well this song fits with the cut-scenes they use it for. I'll just give an example, but don't watch it if you're wary of some fairly minor mid-game spoilers.

(Watch to 3:52)
[yt]4qjU6V332wI[/yt]

Xenoblade also claims my favorite atmospheric piece:
Satorl Marsh (Night)
[yt]9BvWPzAg8Ig[/yt]

Donkey Kong Land – Mountain Mayhem
[yt]T033-vdnV50[/yt]

DKC1 – Fear Factory
[yt]v18pEFQb3EM[/yt]

These two are purely nostalgia. I'd add Stickerbrush Symphony as well, but I'm lazy.

Chrono Trigger – Time Chill (Time Corridors Remix)
[yt]RqSCLbmoHPg[/yt]

Remix of one of my favorite songs from CT.

Devil Survivor OST – Reset (Instrumental)
[yt]NS1YjjcixEw[/yt]

Opening theme to the game, I absolutely love the intro.

Devil Survivor OST – Last Decision
[yt]6CaowFspzm[/yt]

More amazing boss music.

TWEWY – Three Minutes Clapping
[yt]-LK01R-sCNg[/yt]

Persona 3 – Master of Tartarus
[yt]xhyJ8U77f80[/yt]

I use these two often to focus. Very steady pace/beat. If I use game music in a Brawl tournament, it's Master of Tartarus.

Not-Game Music:

Breaking Benjamin – Unknown Soldier
[yt]SQl3waLGR4s[/yt]

Protest the Hero – Bloodmeat
[yt]bfTabqkGLUQ[/yt]

My first ever mosh pit.

Red – Buried Beneath
[yt]0ALoFbLHTSk[/yt]

Apocalyptica (Ft. Adam Gontier of Three Days Grace)
[yt]RDlE7pdj80M[/yt]

Mother****er headbangs on a Cello. Get at that ****. (2:12)

In Flames – My Sweet Shadow
[yt]WbUtiOfMzpk[/yt]

Recommend me a good song you heard recently?
Well I just did the last question, so that would be repetitive. I'll just pick an external one from the context.

Jayce's Theme (is pretty cool)
[yt]QOWXYu7pWNg[/yt]

Tell me of a song lyric that strikes a chord with you/describes yourself
2:17 to 3:02 in the above linked Buried Beneath, by Red.

Thought I was climbing out, but it's dragging me down.
What's hidden here with me.
Thought I was alone, but it pulls me deeper now.
I can't escape, I'm finally breaking, so where are you now?
It's been such a long time, That I've tried to live without.
I'm suffocating. I need you to breathe, so reach down and pull me up.
Pull me up, before I am buried beneath.
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
Compatibility meters. Give us a way of seeing how attracted someone is to us, and how well we'd get along in a relationship. I don't give a **** about logistics, it would just make things a LOT easier.
Tell me a joke about canadians :D
That's probably it. Thanks very much :)

What happened to that girl you met on Facebook?
Well, I got back on talking to her, and since then I've been to visit her twice. Spent several hours hanging out, took her out to dinner. Met her parents, etc.

We talk pretty much every day, but it's still kind of on the fringes of relationship territory. I'm being careful not to overstep my boundaries or take things too fast. She's been hurt in past relationships, so I'm taking a more gradual route than my last relationship.
Do you have any French speakers in Nova Scotia or do they all stay in Quebec?
Yes and no.

Hearing people SPEAKING French like, around the city is pretty uncommon. I think I hear more Asian or Arabic languages than French on an average day.

However, we all learn French in public school, so most people can speak ****ty high-school quality French. Mine is severely decayed. Primary French speakers are not SOLELY Quebec, though that's certainly the main spot. New Brunswick is between NS and Quebec, and is French enough that road-signs, etc all have both languages. It's probably the most French province outside of Quebec itself.
Favorite moment from the weekend?
Tough call. “Moshi-moshi, Jimmies Desu” is definitely up there. (Pic related)

The trip in general was just awesome.
Count the canadian jokes for me. Then divide 'em all by american jokes. How many jokes are you left with?
A number infinitesimally close to 0, as there are too many ways to make fun of Americans.

What drew you to Riven/Jayce?
Riven basically has exactly the same character design as Marth. On top of that, I find her attractive, and I love the way her kit meshes together. Has great skins, strong top laner. Pretty easy choice.

Jayce I was drawn to his kit, initially. I tried him out on the PBE, then realized how ****ing swag he was, especially in his quotes and animations. I felt very natural while playing him, and turned out to be extremely strong.
How'd you arrive at DGames, anyway?
Answered previously.
It's five-man lylo, there's two scum, two town, and an indy. Who are they?[/b]

I'll come up with more later.
Town: Ryker, Raziek
Scum: KevinM, BSL
Indy: Laundry

Ryker's been wrong on every lynch, and KevinM has coasted like crazy. Laundry has to vote with Ryker/Raz to stay in the game. <3

Make a canadian gay joke about rockin
Rockin's so...... I can't do it. I don't know how to make gay jokes.

Rockin's so gay he went to Canada to be legally married and live in harmony with his partner for years. :)
How hyped ar you for whatever smash tourney popa up next ?
At the moment, not. No major tournament in December planned for us, and I'm not going to Apex.
why can rake never stop posting about things that aren't worth posting about yet?
Easily excitable.
Why am I so damn cute?
The accent definitely helps. And those baby blues. Shave your beard next time though, it looks kinda grungy.
The next time I see you, can we set aside some time to go fishing? Maritimer vs. Alabamian in "The Big Catch."
I hate to break the stereotype, but I don't fish, homie.

Never have. You can teach me though!
Dream girl, describe
Height around 5'3” to anywhere around 5'11” ish, I'd like to be at least a little taller than her.

Healthy weight. Don't like super-skinny, and I like curves. If you start to muffin-top, that's when I start having a real problem.

Hair color: Red/Orange, or Black/Dark Brown. Not super fond of blonde. Certainly not super-light blonde.

Piercings can be cute, but not in excess. Avoid lips. Nose and ears are fine, maybe belly-button. Tattoos can vary, but I'm not immediately opposed.

Personality: Fun, but not over the top. I find myself feeling exasperated with people who can be too over the top. Needs to be able to be calm and relax. Needs to be trusting, and affectionate. Almost certainly has to play video games (at least to some extent), that common interest is very important to me. Farmville doesn't count.

For example, I find someone like this SUPER attractive.

However, I'm not super-picky, so long as I'm attracted.
What would you name your son? Your daughter?
I'm not a fan of ordinary names.

Mentioned this earlier, but for a daughter I'd go with Rebecca or Raena.

For a son? Isaac is one I like. I'd have to think hard about it.
What would you name Overswarm's son? His daughter?
This is a dumb question.

Call his son Kefka, though. IDGAF about his daughter.
Congrats, you and I just finished working on Fire Emblem 14: The Decisive Game. Who is the Lord? Now fill out the classes for as many characters as you want. Who is the Jeigan, the most busted unit, and which unit fails miserably.
Ryker obviously ends up being the Lord if you and I are making it. You'd probably be an Axe-wielding Lord. A fast one though, not like Hector. Fire affinity.

Raziek – Early game Wyvern Knight. Low bases to offset Wyvern Knight being a busted class, but very high growths. Thunder affinity.

Xonar – Anima mage was the first thing that came to mind. Joins in like Chapter 4 during the magic tutorial, low level. Loaded speed/luck growths, prone to RNG screwage on magic. Very solid unit, very durable by avoidance, but can be weak. Anima affinity, fittingly.

Armor – Moudler the Boulder. Early game staff user, surprisingly durable for a mage. Ice affinity.

Moth – Generic Cavalier #1. Average all around. Solid unit with fast supports that finds a lot of mid-game use, but may be outclassed later on. Wind affinity.

Red Ruy – Generic Cavalier #2. Slight emphasis on Defense. Lowen-esque growths.

KevinM – Less Generic Cavalier #3. Mid-game. Possibly defects from enemy. Super aggressive personality, loaded STR and Speed growths, practically no defense or resistance. As glass-cannon as cavs get. Fire affinity.

S2 – Jeigan general. Mows through everything if you aren't going for turn count. The ultimate failsafe, god-send for protect maps. Dark affinity.

Laundry – Dark mage. Joins mid-game, slightly under-leveled. Strong growths, requires some babysitting to get going. High luck, average speed, High magic. Low HP/Def/Res. Wind affinity.

BSL – The plucky Archer who joins in Chapter 1. Think Will from FE7 with a better speed growth. Fire affinity. Can promote to Nomad because **** Snipers being bow-locked.

Gova – Bard. His shining face of hope allows you to move a unit twice! Typical bard stats, super high speed/luck/res, very fragile otherwise, with no def/hp/str/skill. Dark affinity.

Moving on to other questions WHEEEEE.
It's my party and I can cry if I want to. What will you do to disappoint me when we finally get going on DGamers Do Disney?
Insist that we go to Universal because the coasters there kick Disney's ***.
Mario or Luigi (not necessarily smash related)?
Luigi. I find Mario just all-around bland. Despite being very iconic, he feels very generic.
Traditional Link or Toon Link (not necessarily smash related)?
Traditional. Specifically, OoT Adult Link. MM Link is also excellent.
Does Jesse really exist, or is he simply the product of some wishful thinking on my part?

Jesse is very real. We go hard in Doubles.

Stew dies and you are asked to speak at his funeral. What would you say?
“Hello.”

And then I'd leave.
When you inevitably meet, will you help me tabletop Gova?
If that's as sexual as it sounds, absolutely.
Speaking of Gova, would you replace the :gova: with a :brad:?
Replace, no. But I would definitely advocate a :brad:.

top 5 anime?
Answered earlier, but

Death Note
TTGL
Soul Eater
Full Metal Alchemist (Based on what I've seen of it)
Idk? I don't watch anime much.
top 5 anime characters?
Yagami Light. (Death Note)

Viral. (TTGL)

Mikami Teru (Death Note)

Dr. Stein (Soul Eater)

Hazama/Yuuki Terumi (Blazblue) It's close enough to an anime!

top 5 intro themes to shows?
Gonna include outros, and apply it to games if they're close enough to anime.

(Linked earlier) Devil Survivor – Reset (Instrumental)
[yt]T_sMM1dPshA[/yt]

Soul Eater Ending 4 – Strength (Abingdon Boys School)
[yt]y4IA54g1RsY[/yt]

Soul Eater Ending 3 (Mainly for the video)
[yt]ZEBz9tL3v7s[/yt]

Soul Eater Intro 2 (Paper Moon) I like their intros, okay?!
[yt]ThW2Z05ru5s[/yt]

TTGL Intro
[yt]TiI2OcYEB90[/yt]

best villain from a show?
Yagami Light was technically the villain of Death Note, so ima go with him. Love his approach, the cunning psychological aspect of things is what hooked me on that show.
best villain from a game?
Toss up between Hazama and Sho Minamimoto, for me.

Gonna give the edge to Sho, his motivations end up being much deeper than he initially lets on, and his character design is awesome.
which is the better villain?
Probably Light. Sho would kick Light's *** in an actual fight, though.
if they teamed up, how ****ed would we be?
Reaper turned taboo noise and genius with a Death Note? Pretty darn ****ed.
top 10 video games?
top 5 video game characters?
Answered earlier.
describe a fight between them.

Using the earlier list:
Sho Minamimoto (TWEWY)
Hazama (BlazBlue)
Yamato/Naoya (Devil Survivors)
Heath (FE7) / Zihark (FE9/10)
Josh (FE8)
Kratos/Zelos (Tales of Symphonia)
Marth
Flynn Scifo (ToV)
Vincent Brooks (Catherine)
Snow (FF13) / Nero (DMC4)
Baird (Gears of War)

That's be interesting.

Vincent is canonically just an ordinary dude, so he's automatically ****ed.

Heath, Zihark, Josh, Marth and Flynn are all essentially just strong fighters. So they're pretty ****ed.

Baird's ****ed in the long run, he's just a beefy dude with a gun.

Kratos/Zelos have a shot, since they're Angels, and therefore superhuman. That would probably give them the edge over Yamato/Naoya's Demon summoning, since they're somewhat limited outside of that.

Snow and Nero are humans imbued with Demonic/Falcie traits, and are also technically superhuman. They've got a shot.

Not ENTIRELY sure how canonically powerful Sho's Taboo noise are.

Ultimately, I think Hazama takes it. Canonically speaking he's got the Azure Grimoire and despite being defeated by Ragna (who also has one), he's pretty damn powerful.

If I had to put money on a winner, Hazama, Kratos or Zelos.
Top 5 jimmy rustlers?

As in top 5 people that rustle your jimmies and top 5 things that rustle your jimmies for a total of 10 jimmy rustlers.
And top 5 times your Jimmy has been rustled

Top 5 people that rustle my jimmies:

1) Gova
2) Juushichi
3) Ryker
4) KevinM
5) Gheb

Top 5 times my jimmies have been rustled:

1) DKC1 Speedrun. I think it was this one, but I'm not willing to risk a rustling to verify.
[yt]8agz-TTwV14[/yt]
2) ****ting the bed at Retribution rustled my jimmies pretty bad.
3) Pretty much any time I get hit by Checkmate Buster or <Insert 40+ damage move/combo in Yomi>
4) When people rustle chips and **** for more than 20-30 seconds in the Skype call.
5) Super high-tension moments in mafia. Not sure if I can think of a specific example.
Canada. Why do Hamburgers cost 20 US dollars? Your currency system is gay and is your FACE
They don't, and our money is way better than yours. Just look how much better it is than your boring ****.

Tell me fun facts about Canada. Then tell me those fun facts in the most Canadian way possible.
What Stereotypes about Canada aren't true? Which are?
Horney fisherman is not.

Super polite is, for the most part. We do have our share of *******s, though.

Everything to do with our accents is true, pretty much.

I don't really know what the stereotypes are, haha.
America rules Canada sucks call me when you kill the world's most threatening terrorist since the H1N1 flu
Call me when you have government-regulated healthcare, separation of church and state, and no obesity problem.
Why don't you like being Town? You could be good if you actually tried but instead you're just lazy about it. Why do you like being Scum more? Why do you feel you don't have to balance them?
It's not that I dislike being Town, I just like being scum more. When I'm Town, unless I have a role I like, or get hooked on the game early, I just don't have fun. That tends to be alleviated if I hydra with Ryker, for example. I don't get the super-rush out of playing to find scum, because I'm not usually the one who tries to CATCH them. I'm a more passive player as Town.

That said, I feel like I did a lot better in the more recent League Upick as Town, because I got involved early on in the game.

I don't think saying that I feel I don't have to balance them is accurate, because I don't slack as Town out of disrespect to the mods or the other players. I tend to slack because I NEED to be invested to be active and have solid play.
Talk to me about your favorite games hosted at DGames and your least favorites.
I think this was addressed enough on my favorite games list.
What's a Martimer? EE rants about it once in a while.
A Maritimer is a resident of the Maritime Provinces.

The Maritime Provinces refers to the collective group of Sea-bordering provinces in Eastern Canada. This consists of Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, PEI, and to a lesser extent New Brunswick.

They are characterized by an economical focus on the fishing and forestry industries, and is where the stereotype of the 'Maritime' Fisherman comes from. That said, it's probably about as accurate a stereotype as any, like the iconic New Yorker, bible belt hick, etc.

You, Gova, Ryker, and EE are all in one room. EE has decided to pursue his career as Batman in real life and Gova has taken on the role of the Joker. Ryker is the damsel in distress hanging from a tub of hot maple syrup. EE has been knocked out cold from a high intake of carbon monoxide. How do you assess this situation and come out alive? You have no physical or mental enhancements. You are just Raziek.
Well, I'm not exactly given quite enough context about my goals, motivations or situation.

If I'm just trying to get out alive, **** Ryker and EE, I'm gone. PEACE OUT.

If I'm attempting to save them, I guess that makes things more complicated. I don't know enough about the construction of the danger scenario to accurately play this out like an A-Game. I also don't know if Gova is willing to kill me or not.

You need to construct this better.
How many Canadian jokes did I make in the last two posts I made?
Don't know, don't care.
All Dgamers(except gova) are in a bloody fight to the death for a picture of Gova's face, knowing that it will bestow some of Gova's purity upon the owner. who win's that fight and why?

This goes like all “D-games fights” go. EE and Marshy stand locked in eternal conflict over the corpses of everyone else.
Dgames is an anime. Choose the plot, and define some characteristics for the following people:
Yourself[main character]
ryker
stew
EE
Glyph
Swiss
J
Soup
Rake
Me
Cello[flashbacks much?]
I'm getting to this one last, and I'm sorry, but I can't come up with anything right now. I don't watch enough anime to be able to easily construct a plot. I also don't know Glyph, Swiss, Soup, Rake, J, or Cello super well, beyond their stereotypes. (Bleck, Muscles, UK, posts too much, gets modkilled, etc)
On average, how many times a day do you drop spaghetti?
Probably 1-2, depending on how much Yomi/Brawl I play that day.
Are these questions stupid? What color is the sky? Is it day or evening right now? What were you doing before you answered this? Your personal opinion on the stability of the economy and the governmental issues of Canada? If Washed had two apples and gave Stew two how many Govas would it take to the get the center of a tootsie pop?
Yes.
At the moment, very dark blue.
Evening. (5:42 PM)
In class.
Economy seems fine enough from my perception. Liberals and NDP need to get their **** together and unseat the conservatives.
Just one, Gova solves all the problems.
That show is bad and you should feel bad.
how tempted are you to skip soup's questions and say you just didn't see them?
Very tempted.
If you could invent one law the entire world had to follow, what would it be?
Assuming this is a law that is enforced by some divine means, I'm gonna go with forbaying violence against other humans. That would solve a lot of problems. Assuming it can cover all blanket scenarios such as “accidentally” unleashing a biological virus or something.
You're granted 3 wishes, with no possible work around for more wishes, what do you wish for?
Assuming there are no other limitations:

1) Powers of temporal control.
2) Control over matter.
3) Divine influence. Not necessarily to the point of being able to control people, but enough such that I'd have amazing luck. I want my life to be awesome, but I don't want it to feel so easy it's boring.

Those three cover enough to obtain almost anything I could want.
Most improved Dgamer?
While Kantrip was my most underrated, he wasn't that bad when he started to begin with.

Orbo, Rake, Jdietz or Bardull wins this one, I think.
If you had the choice to kill anyone and get away with it, would you? Why and why not?
Absolutely. While some might call it evil, there are so many people I could kill to make this world a better place. This of course runs the risk of tainting things with my personal ideals. Sounds like Death Note, starring Raziek.

Yeah, I'd do it. No regrets. There's a reason I relate heavily to Mikami Teru of Death Note.
Same question but replace kill with tickle.
Oh for sure. This one's not even harmful in the long run.
Kill, ****, Marry which Dgamers?

Slap, Lick, Fondle which Dgamers?

Pick 5 Dgamers and describe them with a quote ala Xonar's question from my interview.
There's no D-Gamer I hate enough to want to kill, but damn it Gheb makes me feel that way sometimes.

Gheb, KevinM, Laundry.

SLF: Gheb, Gova, KevinM.

Did the quotes already.
Kill, ****, Marry: Lincoln, a young and naive Obama (before becoming president), Macho Man Randy Savage

KFM: Macho Man Randy Savage, Obama, Lincoln.
Canada allies with Europe, we have monopoly on fuzzy peaches. How do we maximize profit?
Supply and demand, homie.

First things first, we need to gain control of the American sweets market. Once we have done so, we cut them off. Any candy they want, they get through us. We can collapse their entire social structure if played correctly.
If you were a copy ability in a Kirby game, what power would Kirby have when obtaining your power? How about Ryker's ability?
Hmm. I'll say Lightning for me, Fire for Ryker. Or maybe Ryker's would be yelling someone into submission.
If you were a Pokemon trainer going into the Kanto elite four for the first time, what team would you have?
Kanto E4? Let's harken back to my old team.

Alakazam
Venasaur
Zapdos
Vaporeon
Gengar
Ninetales

I believe that was what I had way back when.

S2 is suddenly a Pokemon! What moveset would he have? Would you use him on your team?
Belly Drum
Rest
Substitute
Focus Punch

Perhaps. I don't know enough about competitive Pogeyman.
You're in a 10 man mafia game with the following people:

1) You
2) Ryker
3) S2
4) Kary
5) Ranmaru
6) Vanderzant
7) Marshy
8) Frozen
9) KevinM
10) Acrostic

You're an independent Serial Killer. You're told that you are the only role that can kill in the game. Top 3 people you would kill night 0 and why.[/b]
Marshy
Frozen
Ryker/S2/Vanderzant

Marshy never gets off my nuts even if I'm Town.
Frozenflame is a very strong, perceptive player.
I feel like I could play to Ryker if I had to. S2 is hella underrated and Vandy is just all-around dangerous.

Favorite Restaurant to go to?
Swiss Chalet, it's a Rotisserie chain that has absolutely fantastic chicken and ribs, that I've been eating since I was a little kid. Their fries are gdlk, too.
Most hated League character?
Yorick or Teemo.

**** those guys. Don't know if there's anyone more annoying to play against, ever.
What did you think of Retribution overall, meeting people, seeing the US again, the hotel room, Ihop etc.?
Had an awesome time, really enjoyed meeting everybody. Super worth it, super glad I decided to go.

Wish I could have done better in the tournament itself, but that wasn't the main purpose of the trip. Hotel room was lots of fun, got lots of Brawl in, played Yomi with Juicy, etc.

Seeing the US didn't really matter at all to me. I find it bland and uninteresting. WAIT, NO.

Kentucky's countryside was goddamn beautiful. That made it all worth getting lost on the way back to the airport.

I wasn't too impressed with IHOP, but that's probably my fault for ordering chicken strips. If Ryker hadn't been a boner and taken 50 minutes in the shower, we'd have gone for breakfast, and I'd have probably enjoyed it a lot more. Still like Denny's better.
What are you going for job/career wise?
Something in the gaming industry.

Ideally, I'd love to create stories and characters, but I don't know if I'm creative enough to do that.

Realistically, I'll be happy with almost anything in the industry. I just want to be a part of making the games and the user experience more enjoyable for people. I want to help people enjoy games as much as I enjoy them.
I liked your advice on decision making after playing friendlies with you at Retribution, do you know how I can practice it out to make myself more conscious of it?
It's a very simple concept that is very difficult to implement. Play to learn.

Every time you play a friendly match, go into the match with the goal of trying something different. If you don't, you will never evolve beyond a very basic playstyle. Maybe this means trying different stages. Maybe this means using grabs more! Maybe this means trying a janky nair cross-up into Marth's Up-B. Maybe it's working on a bad habit you're trying to eliminate.

This comes down to another thing, which is examining what works and what doesn't. Every time you hit someone or get hit, you should be making tiny mental notes on which situations and actions resulted favorably or unfavorably. If you get hit, ask yourself why. If you get killed, take a second on the respawn platform, examine why, and consider re-evaluating your strategy.

Furthermore, ask for help! I just recently had some of my matches critiqued, and people commented that I don't grab enough. So I started working on playing to use grabs better, and I saw huge success with it at our last monthly tournament.

Improvement is a very gradual process, and if you aren't constantly examining the results of your decisions, you fall into a very linear playstyle known as auto-pilot. That will do you ok through lower-mid level play where people might not be able to adapt and deal with it, but you'll plateau very quickly, and that is probably where you're at on the spectrum right now.
You going to Apex?
Nope. Bad timing based on when my classes starts, I hate the stagelist, it's MK legal. No thanks. I'd love to go to meet people, but it's just not practical or desired for me at this point.
Let's ban brinstar it's a ****ty stage that no one should play on? :awesome:
Please die.
If DGamers moved to Canada what would we expect?
Depending on where you moved it could vary heavily.

The only Smash scenes are in Alberta, BC, NS, Quebec and Ontario. Any other province, you won't have an organized scene to play with.

Healthcare is cool. Environment is from my experience much nicer, people seem friendlier. Religion is a much smaller part of people's lives, we're generally all-around more tolerant than what I perceive America to be.
Do you do any winter sports? Summer ones?
I sampled pretty much everything as a kid, but the one I settled on was swimming. I did it in the summer, but it can be done in both. I swam competitively from the time I was 11 until I was 19. Performed fairly well at Provincial level, but was never god-tier. Met a lot of great friends, really enjoyable way to spend my summers.
What are your top 10 movies?
In no order:

Click. (Adam Sandler) Despite being billed as a comedy, this is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's super serious when it gets down to it, and pushes a really important message to me. Family first. I cry every single time I watch it.

Jumanji. (Probably my favorite childhood movie)
Toy Story series.
Taken.
Wreck-It-Ralph
Balto series
Aladdin.
Dead Poet's Society
Fox and the Hound
Pontoffel Pock, Where Are You?

Hey look a 20 dollar bill, but it is hard to reach in a gutter, try and get it, if so how?
If I can reach it, go for it. Otherwise...

A bear appears, now what?[/B]
If it's not close, run.

If it is, and seems aggressive, make myself look as large as possible. If not aggressive, back away slowly.
How many times do you have to unrustle your jimmies a day?
1-2, depending on how much Yomi/Brawl I play.
Why do you willingly reside in our Trashiest Province (as voted by Maclean's 20 years running)?
Didn't know that was true. Don't perceive it as such.

I like where I live! Grew up here, have no super strong desire to leave.
Do you ever get tired of eating cod poutine every day?
Cod poutine? I like eating regular poutine.
Tell a joke about New Brunswickers and Potatoheads.
The only thing I remember about New Brunswick is trips to Crystal Palace as a kid, and being on Moose Watch at 3 AM. Probably about all that matters about that boring-*** pseudo-French progress.

By potatohead I assume you mean PEI.

Their Smash scene is so bad that a potato is ranked 2nd.
Favourite French Let's Player: raocow or Psychedelic Eyeball?
Sorry, I know neither of these people.
Why do you vote NDP?
They line up most closely with my beliefs. I oppose just about everything the Conservatives stand for, and I believed Jack Layton would have made an incredible leader.
Just how arrogant are Ontarians?[/B]
If they're all as arrogant as my uncle....

An 11 on the Rykerometer.

What is your favorite paragraph from Rook x Val, the fanfiction?
Probably the one where he Bold Strokes cause him to Thunderclap between her Chromatic Orbs.
Why are you so mean?
You only perceive me that way because we clash a lot. You're making a blanket assumption on the nature of my character that is a risky one to make.

That said, I don't mesh well with certain personalities. I have a tendency to be aggressive and controlling at times, and there are people who will just refuse to interact with me. I can be very unpleasant to be around if I don't get my way.

You might just be one of those people I don't get along with. I don't know. I don't have any problem with you as a person, but I dislike the way you play mafia.
Since when was Nabe Canadian?
As long as I've known him.
What are some things that you've noticed I could improve on for 5 Man LyLo?
POSITIONINNNNNNNG.

That is honestly the biggest thing. You get caught out way too often.

On the side, you need to communicate better with your laners. For me, you need to let me know when you intend to engage for a gank. Co-ordination is huge in top lane.
May as well do it for all of 5-Man LyLo, imo.
Laundry – You need to understand when a situation becomes unsafe, and when you need to escape. This is less in-combat positioning, as you seem alright in that. Moreso it's always being aware of where people are on the map. You need to know WHEN it's time to GTFO, and this varies from character to character. When in doubt, GET THE **** OUT.

Armor – Positioning again. You underestimate your ability to survive an encounter a lot. Leads to you getting caught out and feeding the enemy team a kill. Not every character you play is Alistar, and not even Alistar can survive every situation. Being tanky is not an excuse for having bad positioning.

Ryker – Make calls. Of us, you're more experienced than Armor/BSL/I, and it needs to be you, Gova or Kevin making calls. You have a better understanding of the game in most cases.

Gova – Talk to people. You're more experienced than a lot of us, and you NEED to talk to people. You have an awful habit of saying nothing, then berating us after a mistake for not knowing better. Not everyone knows, and it's part of your job to help people learn. You have to communicate with the team. Just because you're the carry doesn't mean you get to sit back and auto-attack quietly, you need to talk to us.

Kevin – Can't critique you, you're better than I am to the point that I don't perceive huge flaws. I guess it would be teaching and communicating with the less experienced members of us.
Does FREEDOM ring where you live? If not (and spoiler it does NOT), then what are all the reasons America is so great?

Any sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek answers will constitute a declaration of war on freedom
It does, and your Mom's fat because she's American.
Via Glyph's question, could Canada kick america's *** if we went to war with each other?
would america trounce ye Mounties?
or would north america just cease to exist?
Canada would get absolutely ****ed. American's have the most astronomically large military spending budget on the planet. Like, it's actually beyond ridiculous.
You get dropped into urban Manitoba in expensive clothes and a pink shirt. What cause of death gets you first:

-Frozen to death
-Stabbed
-Violently mugged
-Decapitation-by-stabbing
-Fall prey to methamphetamine addiction and other forms of substance abuse, leading to a long, painful life of societal transience, homelessness, and ultimately getting stabbed.
I know people around there, so I'm pretty sure I would survive.

However, probably frozen to death.
You forgot the biggest one EE.

Slurpee overdose
Or this one.
You are dropped into the world of pokemon to become the pokemon champion! However, pokeballs are rare and expensive, and the only pokemon who will follow you naturally is a lonely trubbish. Describe both how you would train him to be a ruthless battler and how you would bond with him, like Ash bonded with his Pikachu.
Man, I don't even dislike Trubbish. We'd be best buddies! I'd take him on training voyages, we'd sleep together, and I'd carry Febreeze around all the time to deal with the smell!

But in battle, of course, we'd use our stank for tactical advantage.
How do you personally improve at things you wish to be better at (league, smash)? Do you prefer to be criticized heavily so that you rise up and prove people wrong, or reflect/meditate on your own mistakes and become better from that?

Now besides preference, which one of those methods do you believe is more effective?

i believe JTB's question puts you in a false dilemma. Is there other options? If so, what are they?

Re-answer the question while considering these other options.

Answering both of these at the same time.

Heavy criticism is only effective on a VERY small subset of people. Most people you will drive completely away if you berate them over their mistakes. Being negative is never a good solution in my opinion. If you ever call someone awful or personally insult them, you are not helping, and you are probably the worst kind of person.

The correct approach is friendly criticism. Criticism designed to POINT OUT your mistakes and offer a solution. Berating someone for a mistake does not assist you in any way. It's already happened, chances are they feel bad about it already, and if you make them feel worse, you're likely to have someone lash out.

Personally, I prefer to be able to reflect on my own decisions, but if I feel there's more I can improve on, I will ask someone for advice. POSITIVE advice.

I feel the way you approach this concept is incredibly warped and only breeds more people like you. You drive a lot of people out of the community and end up with a circle-jerk of *******s who just **** on someone the instant they make a mistake. It's not productive, it's not an acceptable way to treat people, and I sincerely hope you don't berate people constantly in solo queue.

There are infinitely more productive ways to deal with your anger than directing it at other people.
Why are you gay for BSL? You never explained.

Too cute. Just look at that kid.
[10:40:31 AM] DRB | Juushichi: why are you a bird?
I've been told it's because my hair looks like wings.
[10:42:32 AM] DRB | Juushichi: also
[10:42:55 AM] DRB | Juushichi: barring the very bottom portrait on the right hand side
[10:43:02 AM] DRB | Juushichi: which of these characters would you be?
[10:43:05 AM] DRB | Juushichi: http://i39.tinypic.com/29mvtdz.jpg
3rd in top row, 2nd in middle row, or 2nd in bottom row.
[10:44:51 AM] DRB | Juushichi: name what type of weapon (could be magic or w/e as well) that you gravitate towards in RPGs and explain why you do so
[10:45:31 AM] DRB | Raziek: Would you also like me to do shooters? Kinda ties in with that
[10:45:46 AM] DRB | Juushichi: no
[10:45:57 AM] DRB | Raziek: Kay.
[10:46:04 AM] DRB | Juushichi: i don't care about them, but you can add that in if you want
For RPGs, it tends to be Daggers or One-Handed weapons. Almost always dual-wielding. Born out of my Rogue in World of Warcraft, I gravitated towards a Combat build with Swords. Similar thing in Skyrim, I ended up using Dual Daedric War Axes with Elemental Fury. I enjoy nimble, mobile characters. Very occasionally I'll run a mage or a beefy two-hander ****. Rarely go for shields.

For shooters, I gravitate towards Shotguns, actually. When I play shooters I play for a rush, so I love to just charge in and just bumrush like crazy.

[10:47:28 AM] DRB | Juushichi: of the four "typical" elements (earth, wind/air, water, fire) which do you gravitate towards more and explain why
Fire. I'm very passionate in just about everything I do. I've been described as vitriolic. I just happen to fill almost every described personality trait for Fire/Leo.

“People born under the*astrological signs*of*Aries,*Leo*and*Sagittarius*are thought to have dominant fire personalities. Fire personalities are believed to have good leading qualities and also tend to be enthusiastic, extroverted, rebellious, passionate, brave and valiant; however, they can also be hot-tempered, snappy, uncontrollable and angry.”
[10:47:39 AM] DRB | Juushichi: one mooore ting

[10:49:36 AM] DRB | Juushichi: if you had to chose between saving your parents and willingly knowing that 10,000 people would die for your choice or saving these 10,000 with your choice and knowingly losing both of your parents
[10:49:38 AM | Edited 10:49:41 AM] DRB | Juushichi: which would you choose?
Parents, no question. I don't care if it's selfish, thousands of people die every day anyway. **** being a martyr.
[10:52:29 AM] DRB | Juushichi: If you happened to see a boy (who wanted to dress as a disney princess) and his mom (who doesn't want him to) arguing in the middle of the street, who would you side with and why?
If I was to take a side, it'd be with the kid. Denying a child the ability to learn and experiment in something that ultimately isn't harmful is in my opinion, morally wrong. That'd be stifling. Context might affect that. It might be better if he didn't, if the context happened to be that he attends a very homophobic school or something. But if it's for Halloween, or like, just for fun at home, sure.
Last but not least: If you saw a woman and her (preadolescent) daughter get into a car, but you saw/overheard the woman telling her daughter to drive it and you were the only one around, what would think you do and why? And what do you honestly believe you would do?
If I was the only one around, I'd honestly have to stop it. That's endangering both of their lives and I don't think I could risk living with that sort of guilt.

I honestly believe that I'd stop it, or at LEAST try.
What's on your ideal sandwich, and what kind of chowder do you dip it in?
Biggest fish you've ever caught?
How large is your trailer?
Ideal sandwich?

White bread, Sliced Turkey, lots of pepper. Dipped in my Grandmother's Lobster Chowder. Oh baby.

What is Poutine? I always buy that in Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game.
Poutine is thick french fries, served with cheese curds and covered in gravy. I personally don't like gravy, so the poutine I get is modified. I use Ketchup instead of the gravy, which technically means it isn't poutine. Cheese curds + Fries + Ketchup is mad good though.
Favorite place in the world?

My grandmother's house in Charleston, Nova Scotia. I spent a lot of summers there as a kid, and it is extremely calming for me to spend time by the river and just escape my problems for a while. It's where I go when I need to get away from my mind.
Favorite thing in the world?
Thing? Video games. Otherwise, probably something to do with relationships.
Why do you live?
Was born, haven't died.
Best thing going on in your life atm?
Being healthy, alive, and still having the freedom to pursue relationships and things I have passion for.
Do you like talking about yourself?
Sure!

Top 5 favorite games?
Answered.
Why is Jin so much better than Hazama?
Hey, Jin got possessed BY Hazama and ****ed over completely.

And Hazama has ****ed over Hakumen on various occasions.
Wordcount at end of post?
13392. 40 pages in word.
Best friend?
Either Jesse or my high-school friend Christian. Tough call. Would give edge to Christian as I've known him longer and been through more intense emotional **** with him.
Best internet friend?
Probably Ryker?
How much does said internet friend know about you?
Why don't you ask him! :p
Top5 songs?
Answered.
Favorite moment of the week?
Probably whatever goofy thing KevinM did yesterday playing League. Maybe something in Yomi.
Sleep in pyjamas? Shirt? Boxershorts? Nude? Gangnam style?
Depends on the temperature.

Boxers at minimum, shirt after that. If it's cold enough, socks, long-sleeved sleep shirt, and pajamas. Never nude.
How often do you scream at *****?
Scream? Never.
SEVEN *****?
Indeed.
Hah im bad at sleeping i should stop drinking caffeine.

Do you drink energy drink/coffee?
Neither energy drinks, nor coffee. If I need a buzz, it's Diet Mountain Dew, which is caffeinated.
Are you a man of principles?
Absolutely.
Would you risk your life for me?
Would depend on my likelihood of death.
Whats your favorite color?
Red.
What was your last dream like?
No clue, sorry. :(
Ever had recurring nightmares? If so, I feel ya brah.
Can't say I have. Had some nightmares during my depression, common theme of losing her. Wasn't really recurring though.
Scared of the dark?
Not normally, but if it's like outside, in a really creepy situation, sure.
How insecure are you?
Used to be very insecure. Now, not at all.

I'm currently very comfortable with my social identity.
I know you dislike being made fun of a lot, any reason? (raztarded comes to mind)
Because past a certain point it becomes bullying. I can take a joke in stride for a little while, but past a point I found it made me uncomfortable, so I asked that it stop.
ARE YOU A CANADA SUPERSTAR?!

Nope!
Raz
do you even lift
fight me irl

I don't lift. Would still fight IRL, Dutchie.
how has modding dgames been? do you believe this experience has set you up for success in your future endeavors? how many people have you banned and how many do you hope on having banned by the time youre done?
It's been interesting. It's taught me a lot about how to behave in situations where you have more power than you might not be able to use responsibly. Mediation is not exactly something I'm super experienced in, so it's been a learning experience.

I most definitely think it will help me in the future.

I've only ever banned Kevin that one time. Ideally I won't have to ban anyone. I take no real satisfaction in banning someone.
That reminds me.

How could you ban KevinM when he is such a homie?
It was 3 AM, I was deliriously tired, and you guys were trolling me. :(

If you were the great and powerful Raz, what would be your first command to the hot female portion of your subservient population
Stop doing stupid ****, and for the love of god, stop making any show that they broadcast on TLC, like Toddlers in Mother****ing Tiaras.
Or male, if you're into that.
Or fish.

@Xonar: favourite*, colour*
Not into those.
Canadians spell that way as well?
Yes, though I've become accustomed to bouncing back and forth depending on the context.
What is your true viewpoint on America? We're all just fat and obese and have a crumbling eco-

:(
I don't want to live there, based on what I've experienced. I like Canada better.

I'm only really jealous of your population density, because it means you don't have to drive 12 hours for an out-of-region Smash tournament.
How did you overcome your procrastination problem?

:gova:

I haven't completely overcome it. It's an ongoing process, and it took a lot for me to realize just how much it was hurting myself and others.

You. Sorry Kevin. :(
What even is maple syrup?
Maple tree Sap, heated to evaporate the water, mixed with sugars in varying degrees of purity.
Who in the world would set up this horrible situation, Raz?
Gheb.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I haven't read this yet. But I want you to know that there are so many embedded videos in that post that it's actually making my browser lag.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I realize this. If it turns out to be a real problem I can change them to links, it's just more convenient to listen to them that way IMO.

And I like showing off my mod powers by doing it. :p

Top Bottom