• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that Sora moveset was very lacking. I find it funny that as soon as someone makes a character moveset, someone immediately comes in and does the same character, and doesn't do it nearly as detailed.

btw, who else thinks that 'when someone sees someone else going to make a character moveset and then they go and do the character moveset as a means of competition' being a jerk?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wow, that Sora moveset was very lacking. I find it funny that as soon as someone makes a character moveset, someone immediately comes in and does the same character, and doesn't do it nearly as detailed.

btw, who else thinks that 'when someone sees someone else going to make a character moveset and then they go and do the character moveset as a means of competition' being a jerk?
I see why you could perceive it that as jerk-ish, although since multiple submissions of the same characters are accepted, it doesn't really matter, unless the guy stole one of your ideas (if you're doing a popular character with a signature attack, this may be the case).

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Mind naming this individual? I'm dying to know who this *** of a guy is. I do characters that are relatively unpopular within the Smash Bros. community, but still decently well known. There's never really been a case where there's somebody I wanted to do that was taken besides Nightmare, but really now, he's the main character. I should've known better before I did him, I should've checked. K. Rool was my first moveset before I was really trying, so yeah.

I'm going to lol so hard if somebody tries to "out do" my ridiculously random pick. Two characters from a unpopular (And basically dead) series: Merged into one moveset. Neither of them have been done individually yet either. . .Maybe come MYM 666.0, there'll be another.

Yeah. I got significant work on Cortex and Tiny done, finally getting off my arse and finishing up the meat of the moveset. Everything's done for the main moveset, including play style, all I need outside of extras is a couple tilts (Got dtilt, dashing attack, ledge attacks) and I'm good to go.

Mind telling me if this particular move is too crazy though? I went out of my way to be unique with the moves.

Uair - Fire Breath Blast: Cortex takes out a potion and tosses it up above Tiny very slightly (Doing 1% damage if it hits anything), then Tiny opens his mouth for it to fall inside. Tiny's head turns completely red within about a second, steam coming out of his ears in a cartoon like fashion, then Tiny faces his head upwards as he breathes out a massive stream of flame. The flame is as wide as Tiny's entire body and goes up off the top of the screen, giving the attack unholy range. The attack will continue going if Tiny lands on the ground, going for a total of 5 seconds. Anybody in the stream of flame will be dealt 11% damage per second, getting caught in it for the rest of the duration.

At the end of the very awkward attack, Cortex looks in front of Tiny's face to see why he stopped letting out flame for him to let out a final fireball that deals 10% damage to Cortex and average knockback, sending him flying upwards to separate the two, you playing as Cortex. This attack has potential to do a unholy total of 55% damage, but the attack is very laggy throughout, there being huge start up and ending lag. Tiny can also be attacked from the sides or below while he's doing the attack, making him extremely vulnerable. Any attack besides non energy based projectile (Such as Din's fire or a Waddle Dee) will knock Tiny out of the fire breath blast, and this attack even serparates the pair at the end, doing 10% damage to yourself to boot. Despite it's many drawbacks, it's more useful then something such as falcon punch due to it's range, and once you touch the stream of fire, you're trapped in it, it out prioritizing everything else in the game. A very strange move from a very strange character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's why I try to do characters that haven't been done yet, this way I know I'm not copying someone.
Exactly, cause say I did Timon & Pumbaa or Indiana Jones after someone else. It wouldn't be quite a signature moveset for either character, cause the first guy would definitely use farting and whip attacks, respectively.

Now that Cranky's specials are all done, I would appreciate some comments/suggestions on the whole set, now.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5529626&postcount=5857

EDIT: Cool move, Warlord, looking forward to the whole set...

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Mind naming this individual? I'm dying to know who this *** of a guy is. I do characters that are relatively unpopular within the Smash Bros. community, but still decently well known. There's never really been a case where there's somebody I wanted to do that was taken besides Nightmare, but really now, he's the main character. I should've known better before I did him, I should've checked. K. Rool was my first moveset before I was really trying, so yeah.

I'm going to lol so hard if somebody tries to "out do" my ridiculously random pick. Two characters from a unpopular (And basically dead) series: Merged into one moveset. Neither of them have been done individually yet either. . .Maybe come MYM 666.0, there'll be another.

Yeah. I got significant work on Cortex and Tiny done, finally getting off my arse and finishing up the meat of the moveset. Everything's done for the main moveset, including play style, all I need outside of extras is a couple tilts (Got dtilt, dashing attack, ledge attacks) and I'm good to go.

Mind telling me if this particular move is too crazy though? I went out of my way to be unique with the moves.

Uair - Fire Breath Blast: Cortex takes out a potion and tosses it up above Tiny very slightly (Doing 1% damage if it hits anything), then Tiny opens his mouth for it to fall inside. Tiny's head turns completely red within about a second, steam coming out of his ears in a cartoon like fashion, then Tiny faces his head upwards as he breathes out a massive stream of flame. The flame is as wide as Tiny's entire body and goes up off the top of the screen, giving the attack unholy range. The attack will continue going if Tiny lands on the ground, going for a total of 5 seconds. Anybody in the stream of flame will be dealt 11% damage per second, getting caught in it for the rest of the duration.

At the end of the very awkward attack, Cortex looks in front of Tiny's face to see why he stopped letting out flame for him to let out a final fireball that deals 10% damage to Cortex and average knockback, sending him flying upwards to separate the two, you playing as Cortex. This attack has potential to do a unholy total of 55% damage, but the attack is very laggy throughout, there being huge start up and ending lag. Tiny can also be attacked from the sides or below while he's doing the attack, making him extremely vulnerable. Any attack besides non energy based projectile (Such as Din's fire or a Waddle Dee) will knock Tiny out of the fire breath blast, and this attack even serparates the pair at the end, doing 10% damage to yourself to boot. Despite it's many drawbacks, it's more useful then something such as falcon punch due to it's range, and once you touch the stream of fire, you're trapped in it, it out prioritizing everything else in the game. A very strange move from a very strange character.
Haha. Wicked. I'm a fan of Crash games. And I wont say his name, but you will know him when he posts the moveset, if he DARES to. :mad:

lol

btw, he never even posted in this thread, i dont think.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Never played a Crash game, so I don't know the characters, but that move is freakin' awesome!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Heh, glad you liked that move. . .The move I wanted feedback on was typically one of the best ones for showcasing.

Sadly, the moveset won't be up until some time next week though, as the extras are incomplete and I'm going to be very busy this week, with virtually not time to work on the moveset.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman

Oh.... maybe I didn't make it clear.... he isn't doing him to outdo you, he started him like a month ago and just never really took much time on it an then when I told him you were doing it the whole competition thing came up soooo yea......... but this wouldn't be the first time he woulda done somethin like this. Before I busted his balls about it, he was gonna steal MY ROXAS! But yea.....he isn't doing it to out do you....... but I'll admit, you are seriously pushing me to make a Rubedo/Jr. moveset constantly seeing Kos-Mos in your sig.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
You don't need a blog for that. You can work on MYM 4 movesets with any word processor.
Yeah but I don't have anything like Microsoft Word on this piece of **** computer. All I have is Wordpad, and that doesn't let me view my formats..... or even my pictures.

Edit:
It would also be nice to have people take a look at the works in progress to help with development.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Is my microsoft word the only word that doesnt copy over!? I have to wait until I post for size color spacing everything! Is this only my problem?.?

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
With Wordpad you either have to mark up everything at the end, or you can do what I do and mark up everything first (essentially you're making a template) and just fill in the blanks.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Sorry to cut in ur current discussion but...

THE ETERNAL DARKNESS AND THE WINGS OF HOPE
Congratulations. For reading this SSE, u are now officially cool.

Chapter 4: The Good, the bad, the delicious?

Narrator: The last of our 5 nations....the Lightly nation. Lame name, i know, but what ever. Its the only nation that the empire has tried to take over yet. Though with rumors of the empire having a grudge with the Lightly nation, it shouldn't be surprising if they do attack here. Home of our residential land, is Peter Griffin. Lets see what the fat man is up to..........

Peter is seen on his TV, laying on his couch as usual, watching the television. He was watching the good old Brady bunch. Obviously, thanks to Family Guy's comedic nature, The Brady bunch show doesn't suck anymore.

Peter all of a sudden gets hungry and thirsty. He decides that his slave wife will do the work for him.

"Hey Lois!!! Get me a beer!! Also Pringles too!!!" Peter told his wife in his usual mood.

Peter got no response.

"Hey Lois!!! Where are you? If u can't do it, then let Meg do it. I'm sure he will have no problem doing it!!!" Peter tries saying again.

Peter still got no response. Peter decides to check his house from up to bottem. No one was there.

Peter now looks suspicious. He wonders what happened to everyone. Plus he's hungry. He heads outside to his front yard. Peter walks across the street. He calls out for everyone.

"Hello!!! Any body there!??!" Peter shouts.

No response.

Peter shouts again. "Hey!!! I bet Quagmire tried to suduce my wife again. Doesn't he know that Lois loves me and me only?"

He walks across the a street. Peter all of a sudden starts getting dizzy. No food is there to supply him with energy. Peter immediately drops to the floor.

"So hungry........will do anything for food....." Peter talks to himself.

Peter eyes start to blinking. They blinked slower, slower, and slower........and sllllllooooowwweeeeerrrrr.......UNTIL!!!!

All of a sudden a scrumcious hot dog appeared in front of him. It was the Delicious one.

"Heyyy.....Peter. Don't give up. I believe in you." The moving hot dog says.

Peter couldn't understand a word he just said. He immediately stands up to try and pick up the hotdog.

"Sooooooo hungry.......must eat hotdog....." Peter says in a trance.

The Delicious one starts running in fear.....and trips!!!! The Delicious one realizes that he has no chance but to fight off Peter. Peter realizes to catch a food, you must kill it. Here goes......

Part 1: Peter is HUNGREY!!!!:
Objective: Defeat the opposing opponent
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IJTO1_hfwE
Characters: Peter Griffin or the Delicious one

just simply pick the who ur best with. I would pick Peter lol.

No matter who wins, the outcome remains the same.

Peter has caught the Delicious one. TDO panics in fear and fright. He doesn't know what to do.

"Finally....FOOD!!!" Peter Shouts. He slowly opens his mouth and puts the hotdog in the mouth........before!!!

A random sword slash comes out of nowhere. Peter immediately drops the hot dog in pain while TDO takes a step back.

"Ohh.....u son of a bi*ch!!! Who the hell swung that?" Peter Shouts in pain.

Peter turns around to see Crono. Crono makes a totally awesome stance with his sword.

"You moron. You know how much the guys who created TDO would sue TWILTHERO for you eating there star icon? That's against the rules isn't it?" Crono says. He immediately point his sword at Peter.

"Screw the rules. I've got money!!! MWA HAHAHAHAHAH!!!" Peter responds.

Crono facepalms himself. All of a sudden, they see a huge commotion at the Quohog stadium. Peter finally realizes that his family was at the wrestling match. Peter immediately dashes towards the stadium, with TDO and Crono following him due to curiousity.

In the stadium, a great wrestling match was going on.

On one side, we have Jeff Hardy, doing his high flying signature moves. It appears he had the momentum.

On another side, we Tien, the DBZ supastar!!! His creators fired him from appearing in the GT series, so now he's here. Tien starts to fight back.

Jeff Hardy unleashes a huge punch, going straight towards Tien, while Tien himself does the same. The punches collide........

Part 2: The wrestling match to end all wrestling matches:
Objective: Beat the opposing opponent
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n78zE_OdEmU
Characters: Jeff Hardy or Tien

A wrestling match between the greatest entertainer in WWE history against Tien, the rejected DBZ character since GT happened.

If Jeff Hardy wins, he takes Tien to the ground. He then, climbs up a ladder, and jumping off it, hitting a successful Swamthom bomb on Tien, and then he pins him for the count.

If Tien wins, Tien knocks Jeff to the ground and blasts him with a tri-beam. Tien then goes for the pin fall count.

Peter and TDO cheers from the crowd, while Crono just stands there watching all this senseless violence.

All of a sudden, a baby comes out of the crowd and into the wing. The referee tells the baby nicely to go back to his mommy, and gets some chocolate. The baby all of a sudden, zaps the referee with a sudden lazer from his hand. The baby all of a sudden, starts shooting at the crowd, killing all the innocent spectators.

Soon, only Jeff, Tien, Peter, TDO, and Crono were left. The baby looks at the 2 wrestlers, and realizes, with there bodys, he can finally take over the world with there strenghts combine!!!!! Peter, TDO, and Crono rush to the ring. Peter picks up the baby with his strength.......

"Stewie? Is....is that you?" Peter says in shock.

The baby nods. "Yes its me. I've grown tired of being a baby, and now, i realize as the one year old i truly am, i will take over the world!! MWA HAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

Jeff Hardy stands up. "Man.......i knew that i shouldn't have transferred from the WWE to TWI. Too much randomness." He helps Tien up as well.

Peter gets in a ready pose. "Son.....you may have grown up to be a big boy, but i'm still ur father!!! I'm sorry Stewie, but i have to put u down...."

Stewie smiles at his old man. "Excellent!!! That's the father that i truly wanted to fight. Bring it on fat man!! Bring it on!!!"

Part 3: Stewie's revenge:
Objective: Defeat Stewie
Music: Insert totally awesome boss music here
Characters: Peter Griffin, Jeff Hardy, Tien, Crono, TDO

Considering Stewie's only a wee baby, he's not that hard. He goes down easily with 150% damage racked uped on him. But he does have powerful attacks. Also adding that he's a small target. This could be trouble.

Lazer blast: Stewies long range attack. He will blast anyone thats in front of him. It shall do 20% damage with nice knockback. Stewie, at first, launches a slow blast, but when he gets to 50% racked up on him, he'll shoot crazy fast. Watch urself.

Crazy Karate: He'll unleash of his kicks and punches on you if ur near him. He'll do eight in total, each of them doing 8% damage each. As soon as his health drops, he'll do 16 kicks and punches.

Knife Fatality: Stewie's strongest move. He'll grab on to you. You have 3 seconds to shake him off, or else, he'll do a knife slash to the throat. It will result in a OHKO. WHOA >.<.

Clone: Stewie's desparate attempt to win. He'll use his smart brain for a 1 year old, and create a clone of himself. Now you have 2 Stewies fighting you. They share the health bar though, so don't worry.

A sexy party: Stewie will put on his sailor uniform for this move. A bunch of hot girls out of nowhere, will come to surround Stewie, for a while before leaving the screen. If you touch them, they'll cause plenty of damage the longer you stay in the girl's surround.

As soon as Stewie's defeated, the following thing happens..

Stewie is seen lying on the ground, as Peter walks up to him.

"Why Stewie? Why would you want to take over the world at your youth?" Peter asks.

"Umm...DUH!! Cause i hate you all!!!" Stewie shouts. He then sets a bomb beside him, and turns it on. A desperate attempt to try to kill them all. The 5 guys run out of the stadium, barely making it out alive before the entire stadium exploded.

Peter looks in shock......until Jeff Hardy give Peter a candy bar!!!! Peter is now happy that he got something to eat. He walks into the sunset. The 2 fighters (Jeff and Tien), have nothing to do with there lives. They follow Peter. Crono realizes that there troubles are far from over. He follows Peter as well and TDO follows cause i'm too lazy to give a reason.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Many lolz at that SSE!! And Crono talked?! O_o

@Working on Movesets: I do all my stuff in Microsoft Word. You just have to add in all the tags yourself, because size changes and the like won't copy over. I preview all the time by just copying what I have, though.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
"Heyyy.....Peter. Don't give up. I believe in you." The moving hot dog says.
LMAO. WTF?
The Delicious one starts running in fear.....and trips!!!!
CURSE YOU, SAKURAI!!
"Screw the rules. I've got money!!! MWA HAHAHAHAHAH!!!" Peter responds.
WTF is that from?
A wrestling match between the greatest entertainer in WWE history against Tien, the rejected DBZ character since GT happened.
I didn't know The Rock was in you SSE :bee:.

Anyway, epic SSE. XD

lolchillinz

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Personally, I do all my movesets right here, in this little window, but I copy-paste every couple of paragraphs into Word as a way to store the set. I find it easier to set up BBCode and preview how it'll look visually as I'm going along directly on Smashboards.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I liked Stewie being present as a boss fight for Peter. Easily best choice for another character/boss from Family Guy, Stewie is awesome. Sexy party is the best attack ever. Somebody needs to make a moveset for Stewie with sexy party as the final smash.

I do everything in notepad, only putting in BBcode for images along the way. When it comes time to paste the moveset into the forums, the spacing is all messed up and I have to correct it, AND I have to add BB Code. Overall, with the length of my movesets, it takes a really long time to fix it all up to be presentable. It took around 45 minutes for Cervantes. Seriously. It'd be easier if I moved on from notepad, but I'm just so used to it. I've used it for longer then I can remember. I was born with notepad in my little arms. . .

I'm trying to paint a more vivid picture on the overall play style for Cortex and Tiny as of now. I mainly just talk about how their aerials and their overall advantages and disadvantages, I'm planning to go a bit more in depth with this one to match the rest of the killer moveset.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Oh.... maybe I didn't make it clear.... he isn't doing him to outdo you, he started him like a month ago and just never really took much time on it an then when I told him you were doing it the whole competition thing came up soooo yea......... but this wouldn't be the first time he woulda done somethin like this. Before I busted his balls about it, he was gonna steal MY ROXAS! But yea.....he isn't doing it to out do you....... but I'll admit, you are seriously pushing me to make a Rubedo/Jr. moveset constantly seeing Kos-Mos in your sig.
Ok. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. This has happened to me alot. When I planned to do Roxas, you came in asking for his up tilt, now when I wanted to do Fayt, the same guy's friend is working on him. I have the worst karma

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman

Zidane Tribal, The Genome Thief

The main hero of Final Fantasy 9. Playful and flirtatious, Zidane displays little of the sullenness associated with previous Final Fantasy protagonists. Zidane has shoulder-length blonde hair and a prehensile monkey-like tail, as witnessed in game when Zidane hangs from his tail to evade Steiner. In trance form Zidane's hair becomes longer, and his clothing is replaced with thick fur covering his body. It is not revealed whether or not he has fur under his clothing when not in trance form. Zidane is identified as a thief.

Zidane began his life as an "Angel of Death" as a Genome on the planet Terra, having been created by a being named Garland. Due to circumstances, he was cast down to Gaia, and was adopted by Baku. He left home at an early age, becoming a drifter, a thief, and a womanizer.

Gryphon’s Vision of Zidane

Zidane is one of the more original Final Fantasy characters. He isn't emo, serious, or cold. Actually, he is quite the opposite. This makes him my favorite FF hero. Zidane isn't human, he is called a "Genome", which is some being with a monkey tail born from an artificial seed. He lives his life unaware of his origin and past, and likes doing things his way. He serves as comic relief for the whole game, and it is literally LOL worthy. From flirting with female soldiers, to grabbing princesses' buttocks, he is one helluva playa. This is his Final Fantasy Dissidia design, a FF fighting game for PSP that has yet to be released. Zidane is finally back; bigger, faster, and stronger, too. That's what's up, Zidane.

Statistics

Size: 4/10
Power: 4/10
Weight: 4/10
Walking Speed: 5/10
Dash speed: 7/10
Fall Speed: 7/10
Jumping: 6/10
Wall-jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes
Crawl: Yes
Glide: No
Tether: Yes

Entrance

Stance

Stage

Prima Vista

Standard Combo
A:

Tilts
Forward:
Up:
Down:
Dash:

Aerials
Neutral:
Forward:
Up:
Down:
Back:

Smashes
Forward:
Up:
Down:

Specials

Neutral Special: Soul Blade

Side Special: Tail Flail

Up Special: Ripper

Down Special: What's THAT!?

Final Smash: Trance

Throws

Up Throw:

Forward Throw:

Back Throw:

Down Throw:

Taunts

Up Taunt:
Side Taunt:
Down taunt:

Codec Conversation

I'm just reserving a post to avoid interrupting conversations later in the day, and so I can have a siggy link for Zidane. :laugh:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MasterWarlord said:

In a word: cheap. 55% is more than any other move in the game. Even more than a fully-charged Eruption, which deals around 10% to Ike. But this is worse, since there's nearly no lag (in comparison). I like everything else about it except the damage and infinite range--it'd be way to easy to juggle people with this. And once they land, Tiny continues to spew fire ahead of him, right? So it's basically like if you crossed Eruption, Thunder, and Zero Laser into one move.

You can make it reach really far, but not that far, y'know? And if I were you, I'd say something more like 25-30% at most, for the damage, with almost no knockback, since the thing reaches so far.

Chris Lionheart said:
Is it a good idea to make a blog in order to work on my MYM 4.0 movesets in advanced?
Like others said, you don't need a blog. If you use Wordpad (not Notepad), you can click the "Add Reply" button at the bottom of any thread, work on the 'set in there, previewing it when necessary, then Ctrl+A to select it all, Ctrl+X to cut it out, then Ctrl+V to put it into a Wordpad window. What's neat about Wordpad is that it doesn't mess up the spacing or anything, so you don't have to spend 45 minutes (*ahem*) reformatting it when you're finished.

@Gryphon: What's so awesome is that iTunes shuffled it's way onto Tantalus' Theme just as I scrolled downn to Zidane. Can't wait to see the rest of it--he's easily my second-favorite FF character of all time (Setzer FTW).

Though...I think you might've made a slight mistake concerning the "Gryphon's Vision" section...

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
@Gryphon: What's so awesome is that iTunes shuffled it's way onto Tantalus' Theme just as I scrolled downn to Zidane. Can't wait to see the rest of it--he's easily my second-favorite FF character of all time (Setzer FTW).

Though...I think you might've made a slight mistake concerning the "Gryphon's Vision" section...
Slight mistake? I can't see it. And that is indeed awesome, dude. Setzer? That guy is overrated! lol

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Slight mistake? I can't see it. And that is indeed awesome, dude. Setzer? That guy is overrated! lol
Your mistake has mysteriously vanished. Zidane is no longer referred to as "Django". :chuckle:

Nevermind.

Also: SETZER WILL KILL YOU WITH RIGGED SLOTS

EDIT - Oh, and while I'm conversing with you, I wanted to tell you something: are you aware that you have three unfinished movesets posted? Like, with nothing besides a character description (and in Musashi's case, not even that)? You might want to make good on what you've already put up instead of promising more...:ohwell:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Setzer will bribe me to throw the fight, and I would take it. People are unaware of his trickery.
No no no! Kingdom Hearts' Setzer is nothing compared to the real thing!

GOD

Worst thing about that game (besides Poster Duty) right there.

Anyways, in case you missed it/glossed over it:

Chief Mendez the Magnificent said:
EDIT - Oh, and while I'm conversing with you, I wanted to tell you something: are you aware that you have three unfinished movesets posted? Like, with nothing besides a character description (and in Musashi's case, not even that)? You might want to make good on what you've already put up instead of promising more...:ohwell:

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
No no no! Kingdom Hearts' Setzer is nothing compared to the real thing!

GOD

Worst thing about that game (besides Poster Duty) right there.

Anyways, in case you missed it/glossed over it:
You underestimate me. Ever since MasterWarLord's reign of terror, I have been touching up on alot of things. I have already been working on the unfinished characters for awhile now, including Zidane, I just havent posted anything in yet. But I assure you, I will have them all 100% complete before the deadline. I wanted to have six movesets per MYM contest, so I am just putting in little by little. I dont want to explode with all six movesets at one time. That's commicide.

Commicide - Killing of the C.O.M.M.I.E.S through frustration by constantly reposting whole updated movesets, making movesets that only have the Specials, spamming the MYM thread, and dissing on the judges for criticism, even when it isn't harsh.

Smady

Smash Master

Vivi Orunitia

Background

Vivi appeared as a playable character in Final Fantasy IX, as the stereotypical 'Black Mage' that was selectable in the first game. Unlike in the first Final Fantasy, however, Vivi's story is very emotional and involved, dominating much of the game's scenes. His struggle to accept fate and who he is makes him a memorable and well-loved character amongst the Final Fantasy fan base. Due to being a black mage, he has a plethora of possible techniques to fall back on, as well as a few abilities that are exclusive to Final Fantasy IX (trying to incorporate a non-broken trance technique is hard]. The trickiest, nay, funnest part of building Vivi a moveset is that I have to be inventive, as the enemies in FFIX stand still as you bludgeon or burn them to death [whichever is preferrable]; in a game like Smash, you see how this could be a problem. Also, Vivi is never going to be in Super Smash Bros., making this even more fulfilling.

Aside from the forementioned Final Fantasy IX, Vivi had a cameo role in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Statistics

Size: 2/10
Power: 7/10
Weight: 4/10
Walking Speed: 4/10
Dash speed: 8/10
Fall Speed: 3/10
Jumping: 5/10
Wall-jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: No
Glide: No
Tether: No

Moveset

Standard Combo
A:
Two Pokes w/ Staff, then an OverHead Hit that sweeps from above Vivi's height to his mid-section. 5%

Tilts
Forward:
Lunge w/ staff, causes small fire damage / deceptive reach. 2% x2, 5%
Up: Prods above w/ staff. 4%
Down: Sweep w/ staff. 4%
Dash: Slides on one foot whilst casting Fire, sends opponent into air. 7%

Aerials
Neutral:
Spouts Fire from staff that surrounds Vivi's body, stuns opponent momentarily. 2%, hits multiple times
Forward: Axe handle with staff, a good spike, akin to DK's F-Air. 5%
Up: Prods to the vertical upper left with staff. 4%
Down: Casts Thunder magic directly below, similar to Lucas' D-Air. 6%, hits once
Back: Casts a smaller, intense Fire, with less reach / cover than N-Air, but more powerful. 8%, hits once

Smashes
Forward:
Overhead hit with staff. Has a sweetspot / is similar to G&W's F-Smash. 10%, 18% Full
Up: Sticks staff in ground, casts Thunder into the air with one hand. Fully charged means several spurts, with his hand waving horizontally. 8%, 20% Full
Down: Holds staff towards camera, above head, then sticks it in the ground. Those around him are hit with 'frost' damage (not frozen). 7%, 15% Full

Specials

Neutral Special: Fira
Vivi holds his staff forward, Fira (fire) spreads out, stunning those in front of him. About a quarter of the length of FD, can stop all non-arrow or non-laser projectiles. Laggy ending.
6%

Side Special: Thundaga
Vivi vehemently lunges his staff forward, which results in a thunderbolt of lightning hitting the ground a few feet from Vivi a second later, similar to Pikachu's thunderbolt. The bottom of the Thundaga does twice as much damage.
6% Tail + No Stun, 12% Bottom

Up Special: Flare
Vivi's jumps up slightly (if not airbourne), erupting a Flare beneath him, doing no damage to himself [it sends him a considerable distance when airbourne] but damage to those around him intensely. The explosion expands over a period of two seconds. Vivi is left immensely vulnerable afterwards (he falls on his ***), but is invincible while casting the move / in the air. It can hit you twice. In the air, it acts as a recovery move. It can be directed left, straight down and right.
6%, 8% - 5% if hit by airbourne Vivi

Down Special: Trance - Double Cast
Vivi goes into trance. The amount of double cast spells that can be cast in trance depends on how much damage percentage has been dealt to Vivi on his current life. If no damage has been dealt, he will simply be invincible for a second as he flashes, but doesn't transform. With 10-20%, he'll transform and be able to use two double casts. 20-40%, he'll be able to use three. 40-70%, four. 70%<, five. After the allowed amount of double casts are dealt, Vivi will regress, leaving himself vulnerable for half a second. After trance ends, Vivi can use it again, with all percentage gained before and during the trance not counting.

Double cast allows Vivi to use two of his specials in quick succession. The quintessential usage of such would be that his Up-B becomes a mega-recovery. Lightning is twice as powerful, as two bolts collide at the bottom of a stage, diagonally. Fira is twice as intense and can be cast twice in a row. A downside of trance is that Vivi becomes laggier in his ground moves.

Final Smash: Doomsday

This move is Vivi's strongest, only usable near the end of the game, by collecting 'Zeus' Rod' - the best weapon Vivi can possibly wield - from the final dungeon in the game. Numerous non-essential bosses at the end of the game have access to this move. It is unique in that is causes damage to the foe as well as the party, but this is remedied by wearing dark magic-absorbing equipment.

A massive meteor falls from above the stage, dealing massive damage to anyone who is directly hit by it and exploding on contact with the stage, which also deals massive damage. Vivi is stuck in place during the attack, but can recover afterwards. During the casting, the meteor can be guided slightly left or right. The behemoth covers half of the screen, but is very predictable, as it comes from the [top] centre of the screen. Most kills would come from hitting people from the slight swurve on the way down and the massive explosion when it hits the stage.

At every stage of the attack, Vivi can be damaged by the meteor, unless in trance. If in trance before the attack, he will stay that way for the duration, but regress no matter the remaining trance time left after.

Throws

Up Throw: Vivi pushes his grasped opponent to the floor, then lobs them up into the sky. 4%
Forward Throw: Vivi holds the opponent with one hand, burning the opponent with Fire with the other, sending them flying at the end of the attack. 6%
Back Throw: Vivi casts Bio, which sends the opponent a respectable distance sideways. 6%
Down Throw: Pretty much the same as Charizard's D-Throw. Vivi pushes the opponent to the floor and burns them. 7%

Taunts

Up Taunt: Vivi adjusts his hat.
Side Taunt: Vivi brushes dust from his coat.
Down Taunt: Vivi spins his staff in his hand, like his winning taunt in FFIX.
Losing Taunt: Vivi's staff is stuck in the ground, he claps happily, bobbing his head left and right.
Winning Taunts:
+ Vivi taunts as he does in the top picture, launching Fire towards the camera.
+ Vivi spins his staff in his hands, then skips in place in a jolly fashion. Like his in-battle stance in FFIX when he hasn't been given an action.
+ Vivi 'focuses' like in FFIX; he jumps forward, brings his elbows and head down, with a sweet blur effect.

Miscellaneous

Kirby Hat: As seen below; Kirby's body becomes black, like a Black Mage's, his eyes become yellow orbs, his mouth disappears and he dons Vivi's signature hat. The hat is different if Vivi was wearing his alternate outfit. The premise is that Kirby gains Vivi's Fira special. As a trade-off for Vivi's slight height advantage over Kirby, this version of Fira is shorter-ranged, but is stronger.
8%

Trophies:

Classic Mode Clear: The trophy displays Vivi as he is seen in the first picture located in the "Costume" section. The text reads; "A star fallen from the sky - Vivi Orunitia is a powerful black mage, whose destiny is entangled with that of the mysterious Kuja and boisterous Zidane. He comes to understand his cruel, twisted fate."

All-Star Mode Clear: Vivi's trophy looks as seen below. The text reads; "Vivi has an extremely versatile moveset comprised of his magic. A trick to mastering the character is forcing opponents unto the bottom of Thundaga's bolt, then keeping them reeling with further moves."

Assist Trophy: Moogle Parade

"I go kupo for kupo nuts!!"

Half-a-dozen Moogles materialise on-screen, all of whom seem confused to be in the middle of a brawl. But, magnificently, a shower of kupo nuts flood the arena! In desperation to munch on those crunchy preservatives, the Moogles lunge at the nuts, hitting anyone in the way for around 10% damage. As each half-pig, half-cupid munchkin successfully snatches a nut, they gleefully dance for a moment, then fly off the screen, with a replacement Moogle appearing on-screen soon after. This continues until there are no more nuts... be forewarned, though, the kupo nuts heal 50% damage, but every Moogle who does not procure a nut by the end of the rampage will attack those characters who did, usually to their death!

Costume: Vivi as seen below is how he is best-recognised.

He has two costumes, the first has five variations; normal, red, blue, green and black - this is the FFIX outfit that Vivi dons throughout the game, interpretated from artwork of Yoshi- Amano.

Vivi's alternate costume is based on his appearance in Kingdom Hearts 2, which is accessorised with coiled ridges on his outfit and odd details, such as his hat having a zip with two designs above it, resembling a face - well-remarked and well-criticised details usually seen in Tetsuya Nomura's work, who re-designed the character for KH2 . This costume has five variations also; normal, red, blue, green and black. Vivi's trance form changes accordingly in this costume, revealing a never-before-seen design. The full outfit can be seen below.

Entrance: A 'demi' sphere expands, a dark bubble with ruptures of static running through its circumference. Reaching its peak size, it loses its opaqueness and Vivi is visible at its centre, holding his staff to his head and shaking ever-so-slightly, to denote he is casting the spell. As the spell evaporates, Vivi calmly falls to his feet, ready to fight.

Stance: Vivi stands ready to cast, with his knees slightly bouncing in anticipation. He holds the staff in his right hand, always.

Codec: Snake says something along the lines of "what's the deal with Vivi", to which Otacon replies with a rant on how black mages are so proficient with magic, even able to stop time and summon meteors. Then Otacon talks about how black mages are tools of destruction - Snake says that he can relate to that.

Wii Remote Sound: You hear the roaring flames of one of Vivi's fiery attacks, which simmers out of hearing after a couple of seconds.

Kirby's Hat: Kirby adopts Vivi's floppy leather hat, as well as his black skin and yellow eyes. Along with these traits, Kirby gains the ability to cast Fira, Vivi's neutral B.

Franchise Logo: The logo that Vivi represents would naturally be the epitome of FFIX's storyline and the object decorated on the front cover of the boxart - the crystal, as seen in image below.

Winning Music:
Vivi's Theme

Stage: Cargo Ship

The infamous cargo ship, where Vivi and company fight off the enigmatic Black Waltz 3, after he slaughters dozens of black mages. This is an important event in Vivi's personal conflict, and it is likely to be his first time in trance [FFIX's version of getting the Smash Ball]. As well, the other possible stage [Quan's Dwelling] has no bottom to it, unless you fight on the narrow boardwalk above. Despite being a moving stage (the background would be predominantly sky, no stops because of the annoyingness), there are no hazards or stage KO possibilities except from the stage itself. In the background, you will see black mages shifting cargo or simply watching the fight. Black Waltz 3 will fly past in Zorn & Thorn's own motorplane, with the setting changing from over Dali to the front of South Gate, at which point it will cycle (the ship will turn around). You cannot enter the control booth.

In size, it will be as big or a little smaller than the ship in Corneria. The shape is unorthodox, with a low, small ledge on the left (where a ladder to nowhere is), followed by a steep roof (below you will see glimpes of the machinery and black mages working in circular windows), which leads to a small crevice, then the control booth, then the area where you fight Black Waltz 3 [seen below]. Going underneath the ship means certain death, as it takes up all of the bottom of the stage except for parts on the left and right of it.

* Inside the control booth. You can only climb this area,
but you will see black mages inside working and one steering.
The black mages in this picture will be the ones roaming
about the stage.

* Right side of the stage.

* The far right side of the stage. Notable is Black Waltz 3
on the right.

Stage Music:
Battle 1
Battle 2 (Boss)
Hunter's Chance
Black Mage Village
Run

Credit to Silvagunner at YouTube for the music.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I thought it was "Ornitier?" Hm. Anyways, coolie! Two FFIX characters in two pages. Let's go for three people, come on--Freya for Page 428!!

Anyways, a few things about Vivi:

1. Why doesn't Doomsday damage him? Heck, you could probably get away with it dealing Great Aether-esque knockback to every character in the battle, but it always KOs Vivi to balance things out.

2. He probably shouldn't be so heavy, and neither should he be so athletic as to wall-jump. He should, on the other hand, be able to crawl...which I believe he actually does during the opening segments of the game, when he's sneaking into the play.

...And that's really all I got. I love the way you used Trance, by the way. ;)

Smady

Smash Master
I thought it was "Ornitier?" Hm. Anyways, coolie! Two FFIX characters in two pages. Let's go for three people, come on--Freya for Page 428!!

Anyways, a few things about Vivi:

1. Why doesn't Doomsday damage him? Heck, you could probably get away with it dealing Great Aether-esque knockback to every character in the battle, but it always KOs Vivi to balance things out.

2. He probably shouldn't be so heavy, and neither should he be so athletic as to wall-jump. He should, on the other hand, be able to crawl...which I believe he actually does during the opening segments of the game, when he's sneaking into the play.

...And that's really all I got. I love the way you used Trance, by the way. ;)
I went with the Wikipedia spelling. :laugh:

1. It would be unfair to Vivi to KO him, although the fairness of Final Smashes hardly matters. If I change it at all, it will be to make Vivi lack recovery options post-Doomsday. It's also quite highly-telegraphed, which is perhaps an area I should elaborate on.

2. Wall jumping is too much... he can't crawl, though. In the beginning of the game, he climbs a ladder that faces away from the screen, creating such an illusion (I don't know if that was the intent). He never crawls in the game otherwise, but I'll take your advice to heart.

I don't know what to base 'heaviness' on; I'll knock it down a few.

Thanks. I really didn't want to go the obvious route with it [trance] and put it as his Final Smash - it's way too cool a technique for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom