• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
WAHAHAHAHAHA~

Anyway, I'm going to see where I'm eligible for being voted for:

Best Moveset Designer
Best OC Designer
Most Helpful Poster
Funniest Poster
THIS THREAD'S WINNAR

Five categories...not bad for being the first woman in this field! Sarah Palin couldn't dream of paving such a pathway for her sex!

Smady

Smash Master
'Most Helpful' will be an interesting category. I'd say something like, "[user] gets my vote", but I don't think this works that way.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Three Days Grace is better than the Beatles.

:)
Quote for truth. :bee:

there are so many things wrong right with that statement.

/spam
Fixed.
I'm joking of course. I just prefer 3DG more than the Beatles for some reason. People like the Beatles cause there classics. I like Three Days Grace cause they rock. I'm not a fan of the beatles is all i'm saying. Mostly cause there music is tttooooooooo old.

Now to post my SSE chapter..........

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Man. I've been gone three days and there is only 15 pages. Pretty average. Sorry, i been working on alot of things, but im back. I am attempting to finish all my unfinished movesets today and work on the MYM archive.

Edit: Scratch that. I will work on my "Johns" moveset and MYM archive. lol

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
The Chuck Norris moveset wins Make Your Move 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and every number beyond that.
LMAO, yeah, pretty much.

Don't underestimate Chuck Norris. Even he can't count how many times he won Make Your Move. And he counted to infinity TWICE.
Chuck Norris knows the last digit of pi.

Chuck Norris was unlockable on the hardest level of Tekken. But only Chuck Norris can unlock Chuck Norris. He then roundhouse kicked the PS2 back to Japan, hitting Sakurai in the head, giving him the idea to include Chuck Norris in Brawl.

Please guys, let's stop with the Chuck Norris jokes. They're worse than desu.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
PLUSLE AND MINUN

RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER: Spot on. This is how Plusle and Minun were meant to play - attacks that use teamwork, mixed in with Pikachu-esque zaps, spins, and twirls. The fact that you used actual Pokemon attacks for the Specials is just icing on the cake. 10/10

DETAIL: This is probably the only department in which this moveset could use some improvement. You've got damage and knockback in there, but I really prefer to hear a bit more about when and why to use each individual attack. Some attacks seem kinda vague, especially the tilts. More information would be appreciated. 6/10

BALANCE: With an innovative mechanic, it's always harder to keep the balance down, but I think you did a great job here. There is a perfect balance of drawbacks and advantages here, and nothing jump up as either too good or too weak. 9/10

ORIGINALITY: Good here in theory. The whole concept is very original and fun. Pretty much all of the attacks that use both are quite unique too. However, a few of the Standard attacks are sort of bland, similar to Pikachu's, and maybe that can't be helped here. I do, though, think that you could have had something a bit more interesting as the Forward B. 7/10

PLAYSTYLE: Very nice here. The duo fight together in a very interesting way, with many attacks using both of them quite creatively. The Specials do sort of stand out against the many tag-team attacks in the Standards, but this is still a very fun-sounding playstyle. 8/10

ORGANIZATION: Very tidy. Bolding, headers, colour and all. The colour is especially useful, what with the different colours for different types of attack. 8/10

EXTRAS: You've got the SSE role, nice alt. colours, codec message, and so forth. They're pretty detailed, too. +2

OVERALL: This is something of a favourite of mine. I'm partial to Pokemon movesets, and this one's greatest strength is how true it is to its Pokemon. The only thing that I would improve upon is the lack of detail on most attacks and maybe changing around a few Specials. Still, I look forward to anything else from you, kitsune.

50/60

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman

PREVIEW

Johns, The Sore Losers

Johns are sore loss comments given by an individual after losing in a game.

Gryphon’s Vision of Johns

Johns is probably the most annoying Brawl character in the game.

Statistics

Size: 3/10
Power: 2/10
Weight: 1/10
Walking Speed: 3/10
Dash speed: 4/10
Fall Speed: 10/10
Jumping: 6/10
Wall-jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: Yes
Glide: No
Tether: No

Entrance

Stance

Stage

Johnslyvania

Standard Combo
A:

Tilts
Forward:
Up:
Down:
Dash:

Aerials
Neutral:
Forward:
Up:
Down:
Back:

Smashes
Forward:
Up:
Down:

Specials

Neutral Special: LAGG

Side Special: SIK

Up Special: BROKIN

Down Special: SPAAM

Final Smash: Ulltimit Complaynt

Throws

Up Throw:

Forward Throw:

Back Throw:

Down Throw:

Taunts

Up Taunt:
Side Taunt:
Down taunt:

Codec Conversation

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Yes, that was a good Plusles and Minun moveset.

PREVIEW

Johns, The Sore Losers

Johns are sore loss comments given by an individual after losing in a game.

Gryphon’s Vision of Johns

Johns is probably the most annoying Brawl character in the game.

Statistics

Size: 3/10
Power: 2/10
Weight: 1/10
Walking Speed: 3/10
Dash speed: 4/10
Fall Speed: 10/10
Jumping: 6/10
Wall-jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: Yes
Glide: No
Tether: No

Entrance

Stance

Stage

Johnslyvania

Standard Combo
A:

Tilts
Forward:
Up:
Down:
Dash:

Aerials
Neutral:
Forward:
Up:
Down:
Back:

Smashes
Forward:
Up:
Down:

Specials

Neutral Special: LAGG

Side Special: SIK

Up Special: BROKIN

Down Special: SPAAM

Final Smash: Ulltimit Complaynt

Throws

Up Throw:

Forward Throw:

Back Throw:

Down Throw:

Taunts

Up Taunt:
Side Taunt:
Down taunt:

Codec Conversation
How about giving us some... I don't know... INFO about their attacks?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Do you think of me as a noob? A preview is a preview, my friend
I'm only reposting what someone said to me about my preview in what I did exactly what you did, more or less.

"A preview is something that we want to look forward to, not a list of stats."

But still, I think your moveset might be funny.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I'm only reposting what someone said to me about my preview in what I did exactly what you did, more or less.

"A preview is something that we want to look forward to, not a list of stats."

But still, I think your moveset might be funny.
Exactly. Most of us are looking forward to it. Look at Smash Daddy. Besides, people were already talking about who should make one, and I volunteered. I always practice what I preach. :)

Agi

Smash Lord
Sorry about interrupting the new topic, but...

@ the voting list
I think I deserve a shot at the "Most Improved" section. Compare Clip-it to Mallow. (Somehow, Clip-it still got a B from Kibble, lol)

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Johnsylvania? What?

COMPLETELY UNRELATED:

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all Super Smash Bros. characters are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the green hills of Greens Greens the sons of former Mewtwo players and the sons of former Lucario players will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the forum of Smashboards, a board sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that Mewtwo and Lucario will one day be in a game where they will not be judged by their appearance and rabid fanboys but the depth of their moveset.

I have a dream today.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Okay, I know this is a bit late and all, but thanks for all your suggestions on Dr. Robotniks down-b, i've buffed the down-b up now, with all your suggestions and all!!!!!

and I've updated my Miles "Tails" Prower moveset again, with a few differences which I hope you all should notice :).

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
And even more joke movesets!

Humor aside, I just did a review for TWILTHERO's Mia moveset. Check out teh blog! EDIT: Working on Voldo now.
V V V

Agi

Smash Lord
Two updates:

1: I plan on doing the finishing touches on Mallow (such as grammar, the stages, and switching the smashes Mendez so kindly pointed out as clones...) today.
2: My friend's OC (which he started about a month ago O_O) is almost done. Hopefully it can be submitted by Friday... *crosses fingers*

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
And even more joke movesets!

Humor aside, I just did a review for TWILTHERO's Mia moveset. Check out teh blog! EDIT: Working on Voldo now.
V V V
Hey thanks for the Mia review TVT.

My new SSE Chapter will be up tonight, 100% guaranteed....i hope.

After that, i'll either finally try to get started on my Savyna moveset or continue refixing Drake and Josh.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Joke Movesets are the past. We've graduated from mym 2. The joke movesets present are never considered seriously for a winning position, so they're basically just humurous posts like TYATM. I've made three joke movesets throughout the course of the thread, Magikarp, James Mccloud, and Blood Falcon, but I don't link them in my signature in a reason because they don't matter. If you make an actually serious joke moveset that you put a lot of time into, that's one thing, but 99.9% of joke movesets are made in 15 minutes or less.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Now that the contest is almost over, I decided to do a little change in signature... I hope you look forward to what you see in there, and I will try to make each moveset as descriptive as possible, and as good as I can.
So yes, I decided to definitely do Nina and I also decided to do even more Capcom goodness... I wonder why noone else has ever made a Darkstalkers character so far. That game series is stuffed with awesome characters...

Well. We'll see.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hey, I just read through your peek at Viola, Junahu. Looks great! The organization, the interesting mechanic, and the amount of detail involved are all excellent. I'm looking forwrad to the full moveset in MYM 4. Seems like there's gonna be a ton of nice movesets early on there...

BATMAN

RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER: I can't complain here. The Batman-specific gadgets make up a good portion of the moveset, along with those martial-arts moves that also fit the character. I really can't think of anything really missing. 9/10

DETAIL: Seems more or less solid. You've got damage, knockback, speed (lag and all), and range, in handy character lengths, on most attacks. However, I would like a bit more description on how the attacks look, and on when and why to use them. Yeah, this section is going to be pretty much the same for all my reviews. One things bewilders me; his Down B. It seems like it's only halfway done - you don't tell us what the gas actually DOES, just how it spreads. 7/10

BALANCE: Might be a bit tweaked towards goodness. None of his stats are below average, at all. He has two very solid projectiles, and a quick down tilt that always trips is a bit overpowered as a rule. Down Smash seems like it would have a few too many uses; blinding a foe for a vital recovery second at the drop of a pin can be lethal. Should probably be toned down a smidge. 6/10

ORIGINALITY: Well, some attacks are very interesting. I like the specials, especially the Grappling Hook. However, some of his standard attacks are pretty bland, with a few very notable exceptions. If only you had some sort of mechanic, I could boot you up here, but as is... 7/10

PLAYSTYLE: I don't particularly see a clear theme here. Most of his attacks resemble martial arts attacks, but with gadgets thrown in. It fits Batman, but doesn't adhere to any specific guidelines or patterns. AND there's no mechanic. 5/10

ORGANIZATION: Neat and easily navigated. Not exceptional, but enough pictures and stuffz. 7/10

EXTRAS: Lots of em, well thought out. The boss and assist trophies were especially fun to read through. Nicely done here. +3

OVERALL: Not an exceptional moveset (yet), but still a good one that fits the character to a T and was fun enough to read. But... none of the taunts have the Batman dance! Nor, unless I missed something, is there an Adam West-era Batman costume.

44/60

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Man, I Hate to do this with the other review already out, but might as well...

PLUSLE AND MINUN

RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER: Spot on. This is how Plusle and Minun were meant to play - attacks that use teamwork, mixed in with Pikachu-esque zaps, spins, and twirls. The fact that you used actual Pokemon attacks for the Specials is just icing on the cake. 10/10
Thanks for the perfect score for the relevance!! Anyway, there is a reason why Pokemon attacks should be only be used for the specials: Even though naming attacks for the Standards, Tilts, etc. make you seem original, in reality it can backfire because it might not keeping true to its roots.

DETAIL: This is probably the only department in which this moveset could use some improvement. You've got damage and knockback in there, but I really prefer to hear a bit more about when and why to use each individual attack. Some attacks seem kinda vague, especially the tilts. More information would be appreciated. 6/10
Meh. I Know about that. I probably should give information about its uses, but that would take too much time for me just to do that. Plus, with another moveset in the works, I would probably have to depend on someone else that's just as committed as I was for that.

BALANCE: With an innovative mechanic, it's always harder to keep the balance down, but I think you did a great job here. There is a perfect balance of drawbacks and advantages here, and nothing jump up as either too good or too weak. 9/10
I take a Guess and say the only reason why this not a perfect ten is because of the lack of detail, which I can't change (I lack in exaggeration and repetitiveness). All in all, I'm happy enough to give suggestions for those that what to make a original concept: Unless it can be turned on and off with a certain move, DON'T make the concept be a part of every single move you make, as it can make your character overpowered, underpowered, or lose originality quickly.

ORIGINALITY: Good here in theory. The whole concept is very original and fun. Pretty much all of the attacks that use both are quite unique too. However, a few of the Standard attacks are sort of bland, similar to Pikachu's, and maybe that can't be helped here. I do, though, think that you could have had something a bit more interesting as the Forward B. 7/10
Forward B does sound like a Smash attack, I'll Admit, but it felt original enough for me. Also, coming up with original moves for dual characters is tough enough for anybody unless you put your mind to it. Trust me, My Up Smash was based on Snake's Up Smash, but with crazier mechanics.

PLAYSTYLE: Very nice here. The duo fight together in a very interesting way, with many attacks using both of them quite creatively. The Specials do sort of stand out against the many tag-team attacks in the Standards, but this is still a very fun-sounding playstyle. 8/10
Are not (<---That word doesn't sound right in this sentence, but I fail at Grammar) specials supposed to be stand out? I Have No Comment Otherwise>

ORGANIZATION: Very tidy. Bolding, headers, colour and all. The colour is especially useful, what with the different colours for different types of attack. 8/10
Trust me, compare this to my room and that score will go up to 11.

EXTRAS: You've got the SSE role, nice alt. colours, codec message, and so forth. They're pretty detailed, too. +2
Really? The Subspace was a last second effort, so this surprised me a little.

OVERALL: This is something of a favourite of mine. I'm partial to Pokemon movesets, and this one's greatest strength is how true it is to its Pokemon. The only thing that I would improve upon is the lack of detail on most attacks and maybe changing around a few Specials. Still, I look forward to anything else from you, kitsune.

50/60
50/60= 0.8333333 = 83%.

B average, eh? That what I usually strive for at school (Work hard enough to get a good grade, but not too hard to exhaust yourself later on).

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone done a marvel character? Marvel's making a giant come back in like, the last year or two, and speaking of which, isn't Venom from Spider Man basically Nightmare from Soul Calibur with a little bit more brains?

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Hey, I just read through your peek at Viola, Junahu. Looks great! The organization, the interesting mechanic, and the amount of detail involved are all excellent. I'm looking forwrad to the full moveset in MYM 4. Seems like there's gonna be a ton of nice movesets early on there...

BATMAN

RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER: I can't complain here. The Batman-specific gadgets make up a good portion of the moveset, along with those martial-arts moves that also fit the character. I really can't think of anything really missing. 9/10

DETAIL: Seems more or less solid. You've got damage, knockback, speed (lag and all), and range, in handy character lengths, on most attacks. However, I would like a bit more description on how the attacks look, and on when and why to use them. Yeah, this section is going to be pretty much the same for all my reviews. One things bewilders me; his Down B. It seems like it's only halfway done - you don't tell us what the gas actually DOES, just how it spreads. 7/10

BALANCE: Might be a bit tweaked towards goodness. None of his stats are below average, at all. He has two very solid projectiles, and a quick down tilt that always trips is a bit overpowered as a rule. Down Smash seems like it would have a few too many uses; blinding a foe for a vital recovery second at the drop of a pin can be lethal. Should probably be toned down a smidge. 6/10

ORIGINALITY: Well, some attacks are very interesting. I like the specials, especially the Grappling Hook. However, some of his standard attacks are pretty bland, with a few very notable exceptions. If only you had some sort of mechanic, I could boot you up here, but as is... 7/10

PLAYSTYLE: I don't particularly see a clear theme here. Most of his attacks resemble martial arts attacks, but with gadgets thrown in. It fits Batman, but doesn't adhere to any specific guidelines or patterns. AND there's no mechanic. 5/10

ORGANIZATION: Neat and easily navigated. Not exceptional, but enough pictures and stuffz. 7/10

EXTRAS: Lots of em, well thought out. The boss and assist trophies were especially fun to read through. Nicely done here. +3

OVERALL: Not an exceptional moveset (yet), but still a good one that fits the character to a T and was fun enough to read. But... none of the taunts have the Batman dance! Nor, unless I missed something, is there an Adam West-era Batman costume.

44/60
1. at least that's good

2. O_o I did forget to really finish that one... :ohwell:

3. well, if the down smash & tilt are balance issues, I could easily make those attacks more laggy to even it out a bit ~ I might even want to change his down smash completely, or at least change its effect.

4. batman is known for being a martial artist. I really had no choice but to give him a bunch of flat-out physical attacks. I didn't do that bad here anyway, so whatever.

5. this has definitely been the biggest problem for my movesets; not so much for my tales of symphonia characters, but for my others. It's really hard for someone like batman, who attacks in so many different ways, to have a clearly set playstyle. I suppose if I tone down his projectiles a bit, make him slower & less floaty, he would be more balanced & rely more on physical combat. Batman usually doesn't use his gadgets unless he has to, so maybe I should limit his usage of them more...

6. can't ask for much more here

7. I spent almost as much time on the extras as I did w/ the actual moveset, so no surprises here.

8. the goal of most of my movesets is to be fitting to the character, & to not be broken; so at least I'm successful in that respect. It seems like I'll have to do a bit more work to make this a truly great moveset. & being a fan of the darker interpretation of Batman, I just couldn't bring myself to reference his campy 60's characterization. :lick:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Thanks for the perfect score for the relevance!! Anyway, there is a reason why Pokemon attacks should be only be used for the specials: Even though naming attacks for the Standards, Tilts, etc. make you seem original, in reality it can backfire because it might not keeping true to its roots.

It CAN backfire, but I feel it forces you to push the boundaries of your creativity and come up with stranger and more unique attacks. That's just a matter of taste, though.

Meh. I Know about that. I probably should give information about its uses, but that would take too much time for me just to do that. Plus, with another moveset in the works, I would probably have to depend on someone else that's just as committed as I was for that.

Yeah, that's fine. These reviews are really meant more to let you know what to work on in future movesets than necessarily to go back and fix your old ones up.

I take a Guess and say the only reason why this not a perfect ten is because of the lack of detail, which I can't change (I lack in exaggeration and repetitiveness). All in all, I'm happy enough to give suggestions for those that what to make a original concept: Unless it can be turned on and off with a certain move, DON'T make the concept be a part of every single move you make, as it can make your character overpowered, underpowered, or lose originality quickly.

A perfect 10 is a hard thing to give out. It better have NO inclination towards one or the other, and this does have an ever so slight inclination towards underpoweredness, as it's not too hard to split up the duo. This is such a small problem that I didn't even mention it, but it does keep you from a perfect score.

Forward B does sound like a Smash attack, I'll Admit, but it felt original enough for me. Also, coming up with original moves for dual characters is tough enough for anybody unless you put your mind to it. Trust me, My Up Smash was based on Snake's Up Smash, but with crazier mechanics.

I suppose it is. I love the Up Smash, it's probably my favourite attack in the whole thing.

Are not (<---That word doesn't sound right in this sentence, but I fail at Grammar) specials supposed to be stand out? I Have No Comment Otherwise>

I suppose so.

Trust me, compare this to my room and that score will go up to 11.

Really? The Subspace was a last second effort, so this surprised me a little.

50/60= 0.8333333 = 83%.

B average, eh? That what I usually strive for at school (Work hard enough to get a good grade, but not too hard to exhaust yourself later on).

Try not to think of it as a percentage. If you ask me, anything above a 40 is great. And yours is the top mark so far, but you should probably watch out, as Cervantes' review is quickly approaching...
Comments above, and comments for Batman's comments to come later.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Has anyone done a marvel character? Marvel's making a giant come back in like, the last year or two, and speaking of which, isn't Venom from Spider Man basically Nightmare from Soul Calibur with a little bit more brains?
I'm sure someone has done a Marvel character during the 3 contests so far. I wouldn't know exactly, though. You'd have to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom