• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The tricky thing with rating balance is that a perfect score is almost unattainable. 90% of the existing roster would probably score between a 9 and a 7, because who's really balanced? Most everyone falls above or below perfect balance in one way or another. I, personally, when I look at balance, try to think of a score of about 7 as being "This character would fit in with the current roster." and anything higher just makes the fit better.

Agi

Smash Lord
And then again, there are characters who ARE in the current roster (e.g. Metaknight) who could receive poor scores if they had been first posed here, due to balance issues. Like was said before, the points aren't meant to be interpreted literally as a percentage. I was very pleased when I received a 28/40 from Mendez on my Mallow moveset (mainly due to the smashes being clones... gah, can't believe I didn't notice that). If you want to improve scores, just do what the judges suggest.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've finished Guntz' Special attacks now... if you want to give me feedback for them, feel free to do so. I will add images to them in the finalized moveset.

Preview for Guntz

Specials

B: Multi Bullet - Guntz gets out his 4-barreled gun and puts energy bullets into it. This is a charging kind of move - he can immediately shoot one bullet, but has to charge for two to fpur shots. After a full charge, Guntz can move around and with another tap on B shoots all four shots. He can sidestep to cancel further charging, and resume charging afterwards. If he's hit while charging, all bullets are lost. The bullets fly as fast as Samus' Plasmagun and flinch enemies, but do no knockback at all. This move works similar to Sheik's Needles - and has a similar priority. It can be used to stop opponents from charging quickly or using an attack, if timed right.
Each bullet does 2% damage. This is also the move Kirby gets when copying Guntz.

B side: Motorcycle - Guntz activates his hoverbike, riding it. It works similar to Wario's Motorcycle, however, has a few differences:
- Guntz' bike is slower, but has higher traction.
- Guntz cannot make a wheelie with his bike.
- By pressing A, Guntz can fire a laser blast which goes straight forward, doing the same as Fox' Blaster.
- By pressing B, Guntz jumps off his bike, which then is warped away.
- Guntz' bike is able to hop once.
- Guntz is easily knocked off his bike. If this happens, the bike crashes into the ground and explodes like a Mine after some time, unless Guntz tops it again.
- It can not be picked up and not be broken into pieces.

B up: Grapple Hook
- Guntz pulls out a launcher with a grappling hook inside of it. He fires the ammunition into the direction he is facing - if on the ground horizontally, in midair diagonally upwards. The claws of the hook dig themselves into the edge of a platform or an enemy. In case of the latter, the enemy will be pulled towards Guntz and recieve 4-6% damage. If the hook hits a platform, Guntz hangs onto the hit edge and can pull himself upwards or let himself down again. The chain of the hook is approximately as long as the distance in between Battlefield's main platform and the middle one higher upwards. If the hookshot misses, it has to be pulled back into the gun again, which makes up the downside of this move. It's not as slow as Samus' or Link's throw ropes, but still slow. This move is used for vertical recovery, though needs a lot of skill to master, considering it's a tether recovery.

B down: Shinigami Rush - Original attack is seen in this video.
Guntz uses Shinigami Rush in a similar way, though a bit weaker. He first charges a bit, exclaims "Shinigami Rasho!" and then fires three purple coloured energy waves, which travel along the ground, knocking enemies straight upwards, and emitting 5-7% damage. The waves travel up along walls, as well, and even continue to go below platforms. This move can even hit enemies standing a platform below when they go around! But beware, they can also hit Guntz. If fired in midair, the waves simply fly straight into the direction Guntz is facing. This move is - in both cases - extremely useful, especially for edgeguarding. Think of it, this move can knock away enemies from hanging on the edge of a platform. However, since the knockback goes upwards, it doesn't make it too easy for Guntz to make a follow-up attack. The waves go until they're out of the screen or, if rolling around a platform, have the range of the Mother characters' PK Thunder attack.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
And then again, there are characters who ARE in the current roster (e.g. Metaknight) who could receive poor scores if they had been first posed here, due to balance issues. Like was said before, the points aren't meant to be interpreted literally as a percentage. I was very pleased when I received a 28/40 from Mendez on my Mallow moveset (mainly due to the smashes being clones... gah, can't believe I didn't notice that). If you want to improve scores, just do what the judges suggest.
yeah, you should change something about a character if a judge says so! This is because judges do this reviews so YOU improve, there is no point ignoring the comments what the reviewers said, and I'd imagine the reviewers would be pee'd off if no action took place!

(I changed 2 moves and added more moves to Tails final smashes, and redone Metal Knuckles because of the advice MasterWarlord gave me, so im not a hypocrite!)

EDIT: Guntz looks really impressive so far, I really want to see it when it's completed!

*Can I have some fries now?*

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@Spadefox: Looks great so far! The only complaint I have is that I don't quite understand how Grapple hook works as a recovery. Is it a tether recovery?

edit: On Metaknight in MYM: Sadly, I think Metaknight would have receved a GOOD score on balance. Think about it. All we would see is that he's fast, weak, light as has good recovery.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Nononononononono!

You get the idea of these reviews wrong. Of course, you can take the advice of the reviewers if you think it will improve you and your moveset. But! If you think move soandso is good like it is, and should stay in your opinion, you don't have to.
If you like your moveset as it is, don't change it just to make the judges happy or something. It's the product of your creativity, after all. If you think the reviewer is wrong with their view, then let it as it is. If their thoughts make you think it would be better that way, change it.

But don't make changes just because reviewers say so. It's not good to think the way "I'm gonna please these people", then. If I think of my Rouge moveset - HeoandReo has given it an S, because he loved the whole diversity of kicks in her moves. Others like Chief Mendez weren't too fond of the whole kick-based moves, though. Opinions differ, and so does creativity. It'd be boring if everything would look the same and only how the reviewers wanted, right?

Edit:
@Spadefox: Looks great so far! The only complaint I have is that I don't quite understand how Grapple hook works as a recovery. Is it a tether recovery?
Yes. Yes it is. Thanks for telling me this flaw in my description, I will change that.

Guntz looks really impressive so far, I really want to see it when it's completed!

*Can I have some fries now?*
Thank you. I look forward to you kissing my feet when he's done. :3

And fine fine... *hands some fries*

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Nononononononono!

You get the idea of these reviews wrong. Of course, you can take the advice of the reviewers if you think it will improve you and your moveset. But! If you think move soandso is good like it is, and should stay in your opinion, you don't have to.
If you like your moveset as it is, don't change it just to make the judges happy or something. It's the product of your creativity, after all. If you think the reviewer is wrong with their view, then let it as it is. If their thoughts make you think it would be better that way, change it.

But don't make changes just because reviewers say so. It's not good to think the way "I'm gonna please these people", then. If I think of my Rouge moveset - HeoandReo has given it an S, because he loved the whole diversity of kicks in her moves. Others like Chief Mendez weren't too fond of the whole kick-based moves, though. Opinions differ, and so does creativity. It'd be boring if everything would look the same and only how the reviewers wanted, right?
Agreed.:)

10char

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, in fact I only like Doomseye, Black Doom himself is not that interesting. But Doomseye is cute~

Though I think Shadow was a decent game (sure, lotsa stuff could've been better, but meh.), and Black Doom was a decent villain, as well. I prefer Eggman over him every day, but he's okay.

I mainly mentioned him, as well, because he's such an obscure character in the Sonic series, and I like seeing people doing said obscurities - hence I loved the Metal Knuckles moveset by dancingfrogman, too.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I mainly mentioned him, as well, because he's such an obscure character in the Sonic series, and I like seeing people doing said obscurities - hence I loved the Metal Knuckles moveset by dancingfrogman, too.
Someone should do a move set for Honey the Cat or Tira Bobwoski. :laugh:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Or Ray the Flying Squirrel.

I know Honey, but who the heck is Tira? O_o
Tira was going to be a playable character in the canceled Sonic Xtreme for the Sega Saturn. She looked like Sally from the archie comics, and I think she was a squirell.

And Ray would be fun, he could be the first character to glide without wings.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh, a cancelled character for a cancelled game. Hehe.

I'm also playing with the thought of creating a moveset for Wonder Momo... Though I dunno.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Chapter 13- The Subspace Bomb Factory

As all of the groups meet at the Foxhound Base, they discover that Snake is nowhere to be found. Where could he be?

*Note that this chapter has multiple things happening during it. They are all happening at roughly the same time.

Level 1- Stealth Mission

Snake took a helicopter up to the Subspace Bomb Factory. After a Subspace Army attack on Foxhound a while back, Snake was ordered by Colonel to shut the factory down.

He would need to find a way in first.

Part 1- Entering the Factory

Playable Characters- Snake
Objective- Find a way inside the factory.
Details-
This is a side-scrolling mission.
Unlike most side-scrolling levels, you will have to avoid getting into many fights, making it effectively the stealth level.
If you do happen to be spotted, you can always take care of the enemies who see you.
All of your explosive specials and moves will be locked for this part.
The enemies of this level will be primarily R.O.B.s of the regular, missile, and sniper type.
This part ends when you find an airshaft that Snake can enter.

Snake enters the factory through an airshaft. His next objective, of course is to find the Subspace Bombs and de-activate them.

To do so, he will have to make his way through many long corridors, silencing any enemies who spot him.

Part 2- Finding the Bombs

Playable Characters- Snake
Objective- Find the Subspace Bombs
Details-
This is a surprisingly straight-forward mission. Just follow the path, entering the proper doors along the way.
You don't have to avoid being spotted, but be sure to defeat every enemy you come across, otherwise this part will fail after 3 minutes of an enemy surviving outside of your view screen.
The enemies of this level consists of sniper, regular, and missile R.O.B.s.
Your explosive moves are locked in this part.

As Snake enters the bomb room, the game shifts focus to another team.

Level 2- Team Space Animals

Fox, Falco and Krystal team up with Wolf O'Donell to deactivate the entire factory. Their method of entry is a bit less.... stealthy than that of Snake.

With their Arwings and Wolvens, the team blows a hole in the roof. This draws the attention of..... Star Wars Fighters?!

A team of Storm Trooper Pilots attacks the group.

Falco: I've got this Fox. Move on ahead and I'll catch up!

Fox: Good luck Falco.

Part 1- Fox's Mission

Playable Characters- Fox, Krystal, Wolf
Objective- Get To The Control Room
Details-
This unlike Snake's parts isn't a stealth mission. Many enemies will be drawn to the invading furries (which would make Snake's stealth mission a lot easier.)
The enemies consists of R.O.B.s, Storm Troopers with various weapons, and robot enemies from the Star Fox series.

After this part, the Fox team arrives at the control room. As Fox reaches out for the switch, his hand is shot by a lazer gun.

Wolf: I can't let you do that Star Fox.

Fox: Wolf?! What are you doing?!

Wolf: Getting rid of a lifelong nuisance.

Fox: Alright... have it your way. Here I come!

Krystal: I've got your back Fox.

Part 2- Rivals Clash

Playable Characters- Fox, Krystal
Opponent- Wolf
Objectives- Defeat the opponent. 1 Stock Match
Details-
The character that you don't pick will help you as a computer controlled (or player controlled in co-op) character.

This fight, despite the results, isn't exactly "won" by your team, but rather the fight goes on as the game shifts to another perspective.

Level 3- Assassination Mission

Another person also infiltrated the Subspace Bomb factory. His goal, unlike the other characters was a bit more aggressive..... Sagi was to assassinate the one running the factory.

With his wings, Sagi flies in through the hole in the roof created by the space animals shortly after the Fox Team leaves that area.

Part 1- Finding the Boss

Playable Characters- Sagi
Objective- Find the factory boss.
Details-
This is another straight-forward side-scrolling level.
The enemies include R.O.B.s, storm troopers, robots from the Star Fox series, and enemies from Baten Kaitos.

After this part, Sagi enters the command room (not the control room that Fox entered.)

After he enters, the boss appears and pulls out a lightsaber. It is none other than Darth Vader!

Sagi prepares to fight his opponent, but before the battle begins a red reploid enters the arena, pulling out a blue sword of energy. Zero

With his free hand, Zero shoots some bullets at Darth Vader, signalling his side to Sagi.

The two warriors charge at Darth Vader and an epic clash begins.

The perspective then shifts back to Snake.

Cutscene- "Rapture"
(Sorry if this is offensive, but it is an awesome name for what happens here.)

Snake enters the bomb storage room. He then calls Colonel on his Codec.

Snake: Colonel.... there must be billions of bombs here.

Colonel: This is bad.

Snake: Tabuu has unlimited resources and endless workers... this is to be expected.

Colonel: You'll have to find a way to deactivate the bombs.

Mysterious Voice: I'm sorry Snake..... I can't allow that.

A man enters the room and draws his red lightsaber. Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice

Snake: Sorry Colonel.... I'll have to call back later.

Snake and the Apprentice get into an epic fight.

Snake's hand to hand combat proves to be a match for the Apprentice's lightsaber skills. His fist finds its way to The Apprentice's face, knocking him away.

Snake: So much for stealth....

Snake pulls out his Nikita Missile launcher and shoots an explosive at the Apprentice.

Unfortunately, the Apprentice jumps high into the air, causing the missile to strike a Subspace Bomb.

Snake: OH SHI-

Before Snake can finish that word, every subspace bomb blows up in a chain reaction, eveloping EVERYTHING.... not just Trophy Land, but literally every world..... and bringing it into Subspace.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Well, if were talkin bout not that highly known sonic characters, what bout julie-chen? I'm not that big a fan of the comics but I read up on her an she has serious potential...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Well, if were talkin bout not that highly known sonic characters, what bout julie-chen? I'm not that big a fan of the comics but I read up on her an she has serious potential...
You mean the echidna? She was pseudo-implemented into the games as Shade in Sonic Chronicles.
How do I know all these things about a comic I barley know?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You mean Julie-Su.

But if we added the comics, there would be such a whole ton of characters who would be having a lot of potential...
Sally Acorn, Antoine D'Coolette, Dr. Finitevus, Scourge, Bunnie Rabbot, Mecha, Julie-Su, Dimitri, hell, even Snively would have a lot of potential.

@Hyper_Ridley:
Julie-Su is Knuckles' girlfriend and part of the Chaotix. She was heiling from the Dark Legion, who have implemented cyberparts into their soldiers so they would be enhanced in battle. Julie left the Dark Legion and joined up with the Chaotix and Knux. I haven't played Sonic Chronicles (yet), but the story seems to draw awfully many lines to the comic.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@Hyper_Ridley:
Julie-Su is Knuckles' girlfriend and part of the Chaotix. She was heiling from the Dark Legion, who have implemented cyberparts into their soldiers so they would be enhanced in battle. Julie left the Dark Legion and joined up with the Chaotix and Knux. I haven't played Sonic Chronicles (yet), but the story seems to draw awfully many lines to the comic.
There's been about 20 topics on GameFAQs comparing the Dark Brotherhood to the Dark Legion, and Shade to Julie-Sue, so I would agree that Chronicles is at least somewhat inspired by the comic.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well. To be honest, BioWare must've taken inspiration out of it. Considering the fact they QUOTED the comic in a part of the game's script (I've been shown that part by someone)...

Oh yeah... that showing was quite funny... That guy sent me the lines and I replied"Hey, that was said by Knuckles in Issue soandso!" (I loved that part, hence I knew it so well), and he answered "No, that was said by Knuckles in Sonic Chronicles.", and I was like O_O

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Your mom is low tier. Tira is win.
Your right my mom is low tier... but so is Tira.

And Tira is definitely not anywhere close to the hottest character in Soul Calibur.

Sophitia/Cassandra are >>>>>>>>her

In fact, other than the bonus characters Angol, Ashlotte, and the one with the twin blades (and that creepy Ivy), Tira is probably one of the most unattractive girls in Soul Calibur.

And my custom female character is hotter than any of the actual game characters. :)

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
True... but no one can take Ivys title as sluttiest!
Truer words have never been spoken.

And Tira is definitely not anywhere close to the hottest character in Soul Calibur.

In fact, other than the bonus characters Angol, Ashlotte, and the one with the twin blades, Tira is probably one of the most unattractive girls in Soul Calibur.

And my custom female character is hotter than any of the actual game characters. :)
Maybe smashbot was right...

*Chris Lionheart doesn't like women, he loves men*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So, for my 500th post, I have nothing special. Haha.

I like Tira because of the oddity of her Ring Blade.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman

In fact, other than the bonus characters Angol, Ashlotte, and the one with the twin blades (and that creepy Ivy), Tira is probably one of the most unattractive girls in Soul Calibur.

The only chciks that come close to Tira is Seung Mi-Na and the Bonus Elven chick!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
First time I'm here while a spamfest begins, and it's about an (at least for me) awkward topic. >_>
Great timing, Spade! Once again your skill in coming into the wrong place in the wrong time is proven!

Edit: Also, about that hottest VG character of all time, I'd not say Tira, but rather Guntz. Wuv him~ <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom