• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Thanks for the review, K. Rool. Interesting commentary, much appreciated...

But, I think you did your math wrong.
No problem, and yes I did. I need to go back to grade 3, basic mathematics - addition. Sheesh. Well, I was just one point off, anyway.

Smasherk, I really enjoyed your N. Tropy and Whispy Woods the first time around, and again just now, but it really IS hard to to imagine with mid-low, mid-low, low on just about every attack. It all seems to kinda blur together. Junahu's completely right: numbers would probably be simpler and more effective.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Separating these details from your descriptions of the moves makes the moveset a lot easier to read. But you will have to add more detail about how useful a given move is, and in which situations, in order to compensate for the shorter decriptions.

The ratings you have seem a little arbitrary though. Number scales are typically easier to envisage than low, mid-low, high etc.
Thanks for your suggestions! i'm going to start adding more details like you said! and if i do the number scale thing what do you suggest it be out of 5? 10?

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I prefer out of 10, becuase it gives you more freedom in fine tuning your stats. A 4/5 could be a 7,8, or 9 out of 10.
Yea now that i think about it right now i thechnically have "out of 5" stats... 1=low, 2=mid-low, 3=medium, 4=mid-high, 5=high so i will probably switch to "out of 10" for my attack stats.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I was browsing the posts after mine, and...

I got an award nomination for Fierce Deity? Really?

Thank you everyone. I shall bless you with this moveset:

CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!

Chuck Norris Joins the Brawl!

B I O:
Chuck Norris originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch."

S T A T S:
MELEE OFFENSE:
>9000
RANGED OFFENSE: >9000
DEFENSE: >9000
SPEED: >9000
AGILITY: >9000
ATTACK SPEED: >9000
ATTACK RANGE: >9000
WEIGHT: >9000
JUMP HEIGHT: >9000
RECOVERY: >9000
CONTROL: >9000

S T A N D A R D - A T T A C K S:
A,A,A:
Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

UP TILT: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

SIDE TILT: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

DOWN TILT: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

DASH ATTACK: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

S M A S H - A T T A C K S:
UP SMASH:
Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

SIDE SMASH: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

DOWN SMASH: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

A E R I A L - A T T A C K S:
NEUTRAL AERIAL:

UP AERIAL: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

FORWARD AERIAL: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

DOWN AERIAL: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

BACKWARD AERIAL: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

S P E C I A L - A T T A C K S:
NEUTRAL SPECIAL:

UP SPECIAL: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

SIDE SPECIAL: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

DOWN SPECIAL: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

G R A B S - A N D - T H R O W S:
GRAB:

GRAB ATTACK: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

UP THROW: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

FORWARD THROW: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

DOWN THROW: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

BACKWARD THROW: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

F I N A L - S M A S H:
ULTIMATE ROUNDHOUSE KICK:
Chuck Norris splits into four and roundhouse kicks everyone on the stage. He then roundhouse kicks the screen and his foot comes out of the television and kicks your opponents in the face, either killing them, crippling them, castrating them, or giving them terminal cancer and/or polio. He breathes on you, instantly raising your status, income, strength, and/or sex appeal. Your Wii and TV simutaenously explode.
{notes: Chuck Norris doesn't cover costs of the electronics, medical bills, lawyers, bail, and other fees that may incur.}

S T A N C E S - A N D - P O S E S:
IDLE STANCE: Chuck Norris is standing. OR is he?

RUNNING STANCE: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

JUMPING STANCE: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

FORWARD DODGE STANCE: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

BACKWARD DODGE STANCE: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

AERIAL FORWARD DODGE STANCE: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

AERIAL BACKWARD DODGE STANCE: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

SHIELD STANCE: Chuck Norris has no use for shields. Kevlar vests are made out of his chest hair.

SLEEP STANCE: Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

DIZZY STANCE: Do you seriously think Chuck can get dizzy? He just stands still and the Earth spins around him.

ENTRANCE: Chuck Norris is already on the stage, *****. He owns this game.

UP TAUNT: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

SIDE TAUNT: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

DOWN TAUNT: Roundhouse Kick: Chuck Norris does a roundhouse kick that inflicts massive damage to anyone. Breaks through shields, reflectors, and capes. Knockback: >9000 - Speed: >9000. 999%. Causes sleep, flower, and dizzy upon impact. Explodes like a Smart Bomb on impact.

VICTORY POSE 1: Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks the screen, breaking the TV.

VICTORY POSE 2: Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks the screen, breaking your Wii.

VICTORY POSE 3: Chuck Norris leaves the screen and comes up behind you, and roundhouse kicks you.

LOSING POSE: Chuck Norris has never lost anything, except limbs and various organs on several occasions, which he grew back himself, and his left nut, which is scientifically called Jupiter.

C O S T U M E S:
STANDARD COSTUME:
Chuck Norris has his flanel shirt and jeans.

SPECIAL COSTUME 1: Chuck Norris is naked. Any females within 300 miles of your TV set will be instantly impregnated, and men in the vicinity will instantly turn gay and/or be impregnated.

SPECIAL COSTUME 2: Chuck Norris is wearing a bulletproof vest.

RED COSTUME: Chuck Norris is wearing the blood of his enemies.

BLUE COSTUME: Chuck Norris is wearing the blood of his alien enemies.

GREEN COSTUME: Chuck Norris hates green.

KIRBY HAT: Chuck Norris cannot be sucked up. Do not even try to suck him up.

E X T R A:
SNAKE'S CODEC CONVERSATION:
Snake: Colonel, who is this?
Colonel: That's Chuck Norris, Snake.
Snake: OH SHI---
***the conversation ends prematurely, as both Snake and Colonel are now dead.***

SYMBOL: A skull and crossbones, an accurate portrait of anyone who has crossed Chuck Norris's path.

MUSIC: Chuck prefers to kill to his own beat, unless you count the bloodcurdling screams of his enemies. His various theme songs include:

Drowning Pool - Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

Walker Texas Ranger Theme Song

Any Dragonforce song; Chuck Norris plays the bass, lead, and rhythm guitars, drums, keyboard, and is the lead singer for Dragonforce - all at the same time. He also writes all of their songs.

WARNING: DO NOT MAKE TWO CHUCK NORRISES ATTACK EACH OTHER. YOUR WII WILL DIVIDE BY ZERO AND ANY LAND WITHIN A 200 MILE RADIUS WILL SUCK TO HELL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Fun Fact: The aftermath of a Subspace Bomb detonation is actually a minor Chuck Norris roundhouse kick.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
That move set gets 9001/42 LOL points!

I see you're making a real Chuck Norris move set in MYM 4. I hope he turns out more balanced than this.
Though Meta Knight would still **** him.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
That move set gets 9001/42 LOL points!

I see you're making a real Chuck Norris move set in MYM 4. I hope he turns out more balanced than this.
Though Meta Knight would still **** him.
Yes, I am making a serious moveset for Chuck. I just did that one for the lulz.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Chuck Norris is too broken. What the f?

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......it's a joke......LOL

The serious Chuck Norris moveset better be good....or else...

EDIT: WOOHOO!!! I still got the highest K. Rool score review!!! In your face Cheap_josh!!!!
JK

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Chuck Norris is too broken. What the f?

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......it's a joke......LOL

The serious Chuck Norris moveset better be good....or else...

EDIT: WOOHOO!!! I still got the highest K. Rool score review!!! In your face Cheap_josh!!!!
JK
Obviously you haven't seen chucknorrisfacts.com.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The Chuck Norris moveset is epic win. I can't wait to see your serious one. So, to get the maximum effect of Chuck Norris, you have to play a match with him and get a smash ball for him to breathe on you and get awesome abilities, then turn off the wii before you win so that your wii/tv/yourself doesn't break. Rinse and repeat. Also avoid making the enemies chuck norris or using chuck's dreaded alt costume and making your sex appeal work against you.

Toku and Enril by Eternal Smasher have been reviewed.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
The Beatles > All

I like Meadow's moveset...especially the use of Yoshi XD
Bah......i prefer Three Days Grace, thank you very much.
Though my favourite band is Linkin Park. Also Three Days Grace is going to appear in 4.0.

Lol......they created a website dedicated to Chuck Norris? LOL.

Since i'm a lazy basta*d, my SSE chapter will appear tomorrow, instead of today =D.

Sagi, Mia, Chris Lionheart, Kalas, Ashencroft, Nightmare and Sol Badguy are going to appear.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
I guess I should start doing reviews, now. Check my sig's new header and comment if you want some feedback.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I guess I should start doing reviews, now. Check my sig's new header and comment if you want some feedback.
So ur doing reviews too TVT? That's cool, but the moveset i want to rate is a moveset that's already been rated. Bahhh........Guess there's always my Mia moveset. How do i request a review now?

The Beatles are epic win.

I'n actually wearing a Beatles shirt right now XD

I might do a Beatles moveset in MYM4
Go ahead. It won't stand a CHANCE against my future Three Days Grace moveset :bee:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!!!!

Oh noez.....the hate has tooken control of me....

So what if you can see, the darkest side of me.....nobody can save me from this animal i have become!!!

Also, i just checked at halfsilver's nomination list again for funniest poster.....TWILTHERO is funny? 0.o

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
The Beatles are epic win.

I'n actually wearing a Beatles shirt right now XD

I might do a Beatles moveset in MYM4
The Beatles... My Dragonforce moveset for MYM 4... Three Days Grace...

Looks like a battle of the bands shall ensue.

Here's an approximate order my movesets will appear in 4.0:

Dragonforce, Dead Hand, Mushroom Bros., Candlejack, Ooccoo and Son, Chuck Norris, Battletoads, and a SUPAR SEEKRIT KARAKTUR
Barack Obama

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
So you're reviewing now, TVTMaster? Hmmm, interesting... I'd request something, but I don't really have the time to improve my earlier movesets any more than I already have, so it'd just be adding to your workload pointlessly.

Oh, and your organization destroys mine and then spits on it, although it shouldn't really matter, considering how close we are to the end.

Weekend coming up! That means I get to finish at least four more reviews, and there's some real doozies coming up!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Three Days Grace Final Smash: The Emo Effect

Sings "Pain". Surrounding Brawlers cut themselves causing 30-60% damage to themselves.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I just made an image for my YouTube Toilet...

Dat dood is best charutur in barwl evur cuz al u do is pres down b and no one can kil u
if dey shiit ther lasers or arows den u jump bcus he's is super fast chractr guy.
plus he can shut lightning out of hid cheeeck so he amkes you zaped
then u al git uberpwned by his sid a

Junahu

Smash Ace
Since everyone else has been doing it. I thought I'd join the bandwagon of people who give previews of movesets they'll be making in MYM4

Code:
Preview [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Pink"]Viola[/COLOR][/SIZE]; [IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/819/819366/eternal-sonata-20070911013604373.jpg[/IMG]
As anyone who played as this godly goat herder in Eternal Sonata will profess, 
Viola is by far the best character who doesn't end up as the final boss. 
Not only can she deal out far more damage than the rest of the cast, 
AND remain relatively safe while doing so, she can substantially heal 
the entire party whenever she feels like it.

Into the Brawl, Viola brings with her;
[LIST]
[*]An insane projectile game which leaves the opponent no choice but to approach
[*]The [COLOR="royalblue"]Echoes system[/COLOR], which punishes those who do approach
[/LIST]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Echoes System[/COLOR]: Whenever Viola lands a regular attack or throw, she gains 1 Echo. 
She can accumulate up to 32 echoes, but will lose them all if she is KO'd. 
The more echoes Viola has, the stronger her special attacks will be. If she uses a 
special attack, however, she expends all of her echoes in the process and must 
start again from 0. Viola can also gain echoes by passing various milestones 
(she can only pass each milestone once per stock). These milestones are;

[CENTER][SIZE="1"]Survive 2 minutes (2 echoes)
Survive 5 minutes (4 echoes)
KO an opponent (2 echoes)
KO a second opponent (4 echoes)
Deal 250% damage (4 echoes)
Take 50% damage (2 echoes)
Take 150% damage (2 echoes)
Take 250% damage (3 echoes)
Make the audience gasp (1 echo)
Make the audience chant Viola's name (2 echoes)
Have Viola attacked during her taunt (2 echoes)
Stay in one spot for 15 seconds (4 echoes)[/SIZE]

[COLOR="YellowGreen"][SIZE="4"]Neutral B: "Arrow Spam" (4%-12%): [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR="SandyBrown"]Controls[/COLOR]: Viola puts that bow of hers to good use. When holding B, 
and after a lag of 0.8 seconds, she will have an arrow fully nocked and ready to fire.
Releasing B fires an arrow, which flies in a heavy arc. Using the control stick, 
however, Viola can angle the bow upwards (45 degrees) or downwards (30 degrees) 
in order to alter the arrow's tradjectory. After firing one arrow, 
she can continue firing arrows rapidly by tapping B, each arrow having a 
lag of 0.4 seconds before firing. Viola cannot change her aim during rapid fire. 
There is a lag of 1 second after she finishes firing arrows (1.2 seconds if she was 
firing rapidly) before she can act again.

[COLOR="sandybrown"]Arrow properties[/COLOR]: The arrows Viola fires are very heavy, meaning that they quickly 
fall to the ground after firing. Firing an arrow straight foreward would see it land at a
distance of 1.5 crates ahead of Viola. Angle it up as far as possible and the arrow 
will travel much further, covering 3/4 of Final Destination before hitting the ground. 
Angling the bow downwards results in Viola firing at her feet. Viola's arrows travel
 at a speed halfway between Link's and Toon Link's arrows and deal damage relative 
to the distance they flew (minimum 4% maximum 12%). The sheer weight of the 
arrows causes light knockback, but the arrows can be canceled out by any 
other projectile in the game

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Echoes effect[/COLOR]: Increases the damage dealt by the arrow by NumberOfEchoes/2 
(i.e. a maximum of 16%). At 32 echoes, the arrow travels 1.5x as fast

[COLOR="Lime"][B][SIZE="3"]Pros[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR];
Can fire arrows at a rapid pace
Can aim downwards, off the edge of a platform
Causes knockback
At a distance the arrows can deal a lot of damage

[COLOR="Orange"][SIZE="3"][B]Cons[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR];
Can't fire arrows further by holding down B
Laggy at both the beginning and the end
Out prioritised by a lot of projectiles
Deal mediocre damage up close

[CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"][SIZE="4"]Up B: "Heal ARROW!" (Heal 8%): [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR="SandyBrown"]Controls[/COLOR]: Upon pressing B, Viola fires a healing arrow
directly upwards. She can delay the firing for as long as she wants by holding B. 
There is a lag of 0.9 seconds before Viola fires the arrow, and a further 0.8 seconds 
before she can act again. Viola can only fire one healing arrow at a time, and must 
wait until the arrow dissapears before she can fire another.

[COLOR="sandybrown"]Arrow properties[/COLOR]: The healing arrow travels slowely (Toon Link's uncharged arrow speed) 
upwards, until it leaves the screen, whereupon it falls back down to the ground. 
If at any stage it hits an item or the ground, it will simply dissapear, but if it hits a 
player, then that player recovers 8% damage (any player can snatch the healing 
benefits). Other projectiles do not affect the healing arrow, but thrown items 
can block it

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Echoes effect[/COLOR]: Increases the damage healed by 
the arrow. Directly related to the number of echoes (i.e. a maximum of 32%). 
At 32 echoes, the attack becomes "Night Arrow", which homes in on 
Viola as it descends.

It heals damage
Excellent in team battles
Firing a heal arrow usually forces opponents to approach, since they'll want the healing benefits too
Echoes benefit this move greatly

Up B does not help Viola recover from off stage
Your opponent could intercept the arrow, and take the 8% heal for themself
Arrow takes a long time to come back down
8% is mostly not worth it, if the opponent is anywhere near Viola

(Chuck Norris moveset made me chuckle)

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Since everyone else has been doing it. I thought I'd join the bandwagon of people who give previews of movesets they'll be making in MYM4

Code:
Preview [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Pink"]Viola[/COLOR][/SIZE]; [IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/819/819366/eternal-sonata-20070911013604373.jpg[/IMG]
As anyone who played as this godly goat herder in Eternal Sonata will profess, 
Viola is by far the best character who doesn't end up as the final boss. 
Not only can she deal out far more damage than the rest of the cast, 
AND remain relatively safe while doing so, she can substantially heal 
the entire party whenever she feels like it.

Into the Brawl, Viola brings with her;
[LIST]
[*]An insane projectile game which leaves the opponent no choice but to approach
[*]The [COLOR="royalblue"]Echoes system[/COLOR], which punishes those who do approach
[/LIST]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Echoes System[/COLOR]: Whenever Viola lands a regular attack or throw, she gains 1 Echo. 
She can accumulate up to 32 echoes, but will lose them all if she is KO'd. 
The more echoes Viola has, the stronger her special attacks will be. If she uses a 
special attack, however, she expends all of her echoes in the process and must 
start again from 0. Viola can also gain echoes by passing various milestones 
(she can only pass each milestone once per stock). These milestones are;

[CENTER][SIZE="1"]Survive 2 minutes (2 echoes)
Survive 5 minutes (4 echoes)
KO an opponent (2 echoes)
KO a second opponent (4 echoes)
Deal 250% damage (4 echoes)
Take 50% damage (2 echoes)
Take 150% damage (2 echoes)
Take 250% damage (3 echoes)
Make the audience gasp (1 echo)
Make the audience chant Viola's name (2 echoes)
Have Viola attacked during her taunt (2 echoes)
Stay in one spot for 15 seconds (4 echoes)[/SIZE]

[COLOR="YellowGreen"][SIZE="4"]Neutral B: "Arrow Spam" (4%-12%): [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR="SandyBrown"]Controls[/COLOR]: Viola puts that bow of hers to good use. When holding B, 
and after a lag of 0.8 seconds, she will have an arrow fully nocked and ready to fire.
Releasing B fires an arrow, which flies in a heavy arc. Using the control stick, 
however, Viola can angle the bow upwards (45 degrees) or downwards (30 degrees) 
in order to alter the arrow's tradjectory. After firing one arrow, 
she can continue firing arrows rapidly by tapping B, each arrow having a 
lag of 0.4 seconds before firing. Viola cannot change her aim during rapid fire. 
There is a lag of 1 second after she finishes firing arrows (1.2 seconds if she was 
firing rapidly) before she can act again.

[COLOR="sandybrown"]Arrow properties[/COLOR]: The arrows Viola fires are very heavy, meaning that they quickly 
fall to the ground after firing. Firing an arrow straight foreward would see it land at a
distance of 1.5 crates ahead of Viola. Angle it up as far as possible and the arrow 
will travel much further, covering 3/4 of Final Destination before hitting the ground. 
Angling the bow downwards results in Viola firing at her feet. Viola's arrows travel
 at a speed halfway between Link's and Toon Link's arrows and deal damage relative 
to the distance they flew (minimum 4% maximum 12%). The sheer weight of the 
arrows causes light knockback, but the arrows can be canceled out by any 
other projectile in the game

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Echoes effect[/COLOR]: Increases the damage dealt by the arrow by NumberOfEchoes/2 
(i.e. a maximum of 16%). At 32 echoes, the arrow travels 1.5x as fast

Can fire arrows at a rapid pace
Can aim downwards, off the edge of a platform
Causes knockback
At a distance the arrows can deal a lot of damage

Can't fire arrows further by holding down B
Laggy at both the beginning and the end
Out prioritised by a lot of projectiles
Deal mediocre damage up close

[CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"][SIZE="4"]Up B: "Heal ARROW!" (Heal 8%): [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR="SandyBrown"]Controls[/COLOR]: Upon pressing B, Viola fires a healing arrow
directly upwards. She can delay the firing for as long as she wants by holding B. 
There is a lag of 0.9 seconds before Viola fires the arrow, and a further 0.8 seconds 
before she can act again. Viola can only fire one healing arrow at a time, and must 
wait until the arrow dissapears before she can fire another.

[COLOR="sandybrown"]Arrow properties[/COLOR]: The healing arrow travels slowely (Toon Link's uncharged arrow speed) 
upwards, until it leaves the screen, whereupon it falls back down to the ground. 
If at any stage it hits an item or the ground, it will simply dissapear, but if it hits a 
player, then that player recovers 8% damage (any player can snatch the healing 
benefits). Other projectiles do not affect the healing arrow, but thrown items 
can block it

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Echoes effect[/COLOR]: Increases the damage healed by 
the arrow. Directly related to the number of echoes (i.e. a maximum of 32%). 
At 32 echoes, the attack becomes "Night Arrow", which homes in on 
Viola as it descends.

It heals damage
Excellent in team battles
Firing a heal arrow usually forces opponents to approach, since they'll want the healing benefits too
Echoes benefit this move greatly

Up B does not help Viola recover from off stage
Your opponent could intercept the arrow, and take the 8% heal for themself
Arrow takes a long time to come back down
8% is mostly not worth it, if the opponent is anywhere near Viola

(Chuck Norris moveset made me chuckle)
I'm glad I amused you. That preview is pretty good, I don't think I have seen anything like that before. It looks useful and not entirely broken. I look forward to the full moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom