• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
time for moar advertising!! :bee:

BATMAN

& here's the obligatory comments on him:

The Batman is pretty awesome, though you might want to fix the color coding. Other than that, i don't know what else to add.
yeah, I fixed the color coding a long time ago :)

Oh, and that Batman moveset is pretty cool. :)
Nanananananana! Batman!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I really like this moveset. It is super special awesome. I'm surprsied the Joker isn't in this moveset. :psycho:
I added the Joker as an AT after my initial post

Batman is great work.

LLOYD IRVING

COLETTE BRUNEL

Even though they are separate movesets, the comments are about both of them, since I submitted them in the same post for some weird reason:

EDIT - @half silver28: I'm lovin' the Lloyd part, but nobody can convince me that Collette would be fun to play as, anywhere or in any scenario.
He doesn’t like Colette AS SHE IS PROTRAYED IN HER GAMES… or so he claims O_o

@half_silver: Oh my! That... I don't know what to say thats pretty amazing.
and… reviews by Kibble:

… OH WAIT, he took down all his reviews. But he gave both of them the highest grade of S… ur just gonna have to take my word on this lol

STANLEY YELNATS

I’ll be completely honest, this is my worst moveset. DO NOT vote for it.

I love Holes. Very nice Stanley moveset.
BTW, Stanley Yelnats and Starmen were both awesome
… so that’s all I’ve got…

NOW, VOTE FOR MEH MOVESETS!!!!111eleven

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ad for Andy's Toys:

Arguably my best moveset yet, this moveset has received quite a few compliments:

By MasterWarlord:

Potatoe head's alright, but not nearly as good as Rex. His moves seem more bland and less creative (It still is creative, though not as much so as Rex.) and some of them are confusing. The fact he doesn't have nearly as much humor in his moveset as Rex sort of takes away also, but it's defenitely not bad. The specials are still decently unique.

I read the moveset for Rex and I have to say you really did your research. It's brilliant, my personnal favorite out of the contest behind only Dracula (And I personally like Rex better due to childhood memories), although I'm still against characters using a large amount of random objects for just a couple of moves. The standard special, taunts and victory poses are pure gold, and really help to make it comedic. Eagerly awaiting the movesets for the other three toys. So would Buzz Lightyear and Woody be their own characters then? Seeing as Mr. Potatoe Head is more deserving then Hamm and the other two slots would be taken by buzz and woody, I guess you're going with the obscure characters. My guesses are Rex, Hamm, Potatoe Head and Slinky.

By Smasherk808:

Nice Moveset!!! I like all the props and stuff from the movie!

From the review of Mendez the Magnificent:

As it happens, when you put aside the above scrape, and you have yourself a very well-rounded moveset. There’s literally nothing else that jumps out at me as being off or out-of-place. Now, that doesn’t mean it’s perfect, or that there’s not room for improvement…but it does mean that this piece is set apart from the pack, which, after over 400 pages, is saying quite a lot. :D

# Fitting to Character: I consider myself to be quite the Disney/Pixar buff, but I was honestly astounded at how much BKupa666 knows about his source material. The amount of vague references turned workable moves included here is jaw-dropping. For characters that made their name through smart dialog, every one here is an aplty-represented combatant. 8/10

So will they receive any of your votes? Time will tell...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Thankee for the Cut Man advertisement. 'Tis much appreciated. :)

… OH WAIT, he took down all his reviews. But he gave both of them the highest grade of S… ur just gonna have to take my word on this lol
Or you could take my word. ;)

I really did give them both S ranks, particularly on terms of being true to character, being well-organized entries, and on having a solid amount of detail.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Anyone have any blaring objections on this list?
Uh, not really, no.

...But, we're not voting yet. And also, I was fairly certain (or maybe I'm just assuming) that we were voting privately, like in an actual voting process, y'know? To retain anonymity in our favoritism. So maybe you wanna' edit that out, or at least remove the numbers?

Junahu

Smash Ace
mmmm... I'm enjoying Donna being #4. It made my day.

Speaking of which;
Officially the best one hit wonder of MYM3.0...
Donna (Levman)
[CENTER]Chief Mendez[/CENTER] said:
The thought of actually reading a moveset whose Extras section is the size of most full movesets in this contest sickens me...​
[CENTER]TWILTHERO[/CENTER] said:
i'm seriously only like 2/3 of finishing to read it​
[CENTER]MasterWarlord[/CENTER] said:
OMG YOU HAVE NO SSE ROLE. NUB.​
[CENTER]Hyper Ridley[/CENTER] said:
Yeah, I'm afraid to go near that thing...​
[CENTER]BKuppa666[/CENTER] said:
...Seconded​
[CENTER]MasterWarlord[/CENTER] said:
she has boobs​
[CENTER]Chris Lionheart[/CENTER] said:
Wow... thanks to that novel moveset.... my SSE has been really ignored​
[CENTER]TVTMaster[/CENTER] said:
she's more gimmicky than Dracula and not as well organized as Kibble's movesets​
[CENTER]KingK.Rool[/CENTER] said:
hell, my Squeak Squad moveset is about as long as that, although it's a full three-character 'set, so I have an excuse.​

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Donna's ad is the best one I've ever seen.

I was just posting that list early so that people might advertise directly to me, but I guess we can't have that, now can we?

I also already stated that outside the top 10 everything on that list was in a random order. So do the numbers really matter?

PM me if any of you lot want to see the list and do last minute advertising to one of the commies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Donna's ad made my day.

You may be sneaky, Warlord, but you're not sneaky enough. I saw Headless Horseman on #2... that made my day. Again.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I was just posting that list early so that people might advertise directly to me, but I guess we can't have that, now can we?
Well, like I said, there are definitely people out there who would be offended by an outright "this is better than this" statement, no matter how true it is or who it's coming from.

Up til' now we've avoided that nicely, and it'd be nice to keep it that way, I think. Otherwise bad feelings will be fostered, and nobody wants that.

...Of course, if we end up being told by 'Blitzkrieg to just post our votes here in the thread, then you'll have to excuse the egg on my face. But even then...I think in MYM3 all votes are equal in strength, so the numbers wouldn't be necessary anyways.

And note: I'm not trying to single you out or anything, but you're just the first user to publicly say which movesets are better than which.

peeup

Smash Lord
Ummmm, I'm egotistic enough to advertise my own stuff.

Highwayman:

Originally posted by: Some_guy_i_just_made_up:
Johnny Cash FTW! best moveset evur!!!!111
WoW Hunter:

Originally posted by: Teh_Uberest.one:
WoW is my fav! The hunter is the best moveset here!
Demyx:

Originally posted by: KH_fan_181:
demyx was so 1337... he shud hav been teh f1nal b055!!!!!!!!!1
*disclaimer*none of those quotes are real...*/disclaimer*

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
TWILTHERO: Hmm, well, I still have two movesets on my queue, but... at a glance, if I were to re-review it now, you'd get an extra 2 points in balance, and an extra point for organization. So you'd have a 50/60, I believe. Which is good - the third-best score I've given, I think, after Cervantes and Naota (tied) and Enker. And tied with Plusle and Minun.
Yay. Good to know.

Oh and Spadefox, i'll add ur Shadow to my SSE. Mostly because i actually played a game by Shadow (Sonic Heroes), and ........is kinda of.....not hate him as much as the other Sonic characters. He's just ok. He'll be tried to fit in Gibari's group.

Anyway, tonight, my next SSE chapter will be up. Going to feature Pelleas' group.

I might have a new chapter tomorrow as well if i'm not lazy.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the review, first of all.

ORIGINALITY: Mendez was right on the button here. The Specials are very interesting - especially the Side Special - but many of the A Attacks somewhat resemble Pit's in their dual-sworded multi-hitting way. I know the character lends himself to it, but it's still a weakness. 6/10
This is one of the reasons i want to remake him for MYM4. After hearing two people complain about playing too much like Pit, i'll be sure to fix that.

BALANCE: Nothing jumps out at me. A bit smaller than Luigi's Negative Zone is still pretty huge, but the attack doesn't seem broken, due to how long it lasts and how long you have to wait to use it again. Pit isn't overpowered, and Drizzt seems like a slightly weaker Pit. 8/10
Yeah, i don't have Brawl, so i think in melee terms, where stages seem to have more room to me.

ORGANIZATION: I don't like it, to be honest. A bunch of mismatched colours following each other and making the whole moveset an eyesore; absolutely no BBCode; little to indicate the start of attacks; you even switched styles a few times throughout. 4/10
It was my first moveset... I know that's not a valid excuse, but still...

Thanks again. Hopefully this will come out better next time.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
For a first moveset, Drizzt is excellent. He's certainly better than my early stuff (which was way before this contest). I would indeed like to see him remade for MYM 4.

Smady

Smash Master

Vivi

This one is going to be remade, but I feel it is quite good as is. It was my first moveset in a year or so, which is why it isn't as detailed as others in this thread. A few comments were made on it stating it was quite good, especially the 'trance' mechanism. If there is a "top fifty" leaderboard coming, I would love to see Vivi on there. :)

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Man, you guys are still doing this? I remember back in the day when it was some quirky little thread that few people paid attention to. Also, what happened to the culture? Where are all the historical figures, characters of classic literature, and badasses of old? Not criticizing or anything, but making movesets for those kinds of people was my favorite part of the thread. Still, the ones here are excellent and well made. So many beat the crap out of my amateurish attempts. ):
I'm doing Aeneas in the next one ;D

@everyone: Feeling better than I have been, finally! Also, need to crap out pictures of Baelr and Itranath for MYM 4. Problem is I CAN'T DRAW MENS ;_____;

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm doing Aeneas in the next one ;D

@everyone: Feeling better than I have been, finally! Also, need to crap out pictures of Baelr and Itranath for MYM 4. Problem is I CAN'T DRAW MENS ;_____;
1. Good to hear!

2. Who and who?

3. Mens, you say? Coincidentally, I just now finished perhaps the most manliest of mens! [/shameless plug]

@Smash Daddy: Oh it's coming alright. You do face some stiff competition if you're aiming for the Top 50 though--moreso than any other MYM (to my limited knowledge), this thread is full of the most epic sort of win. :chuckle:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@Smash Daddy: Oh it's coming alright. You do face some stiff competition if you're aiming for the Top 50 though--moreso than any other MYM (to my limited knowledge), this thread is full of the most epic sort of win. :chuckle:
Imagine how much epic win there will be in MYM4! Just about all of the regulars already have a move set ready, and I'm sure that they're all up to their current standards at the least.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
RANDOM STUFF!

#1: Don't worry, my SSE is coming along smoothly and should be finished a month in 4.0.

#2: Has anyone seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? I'm thinking of doing a moveset for Kamina or Yoko...

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Plusle & Minun

Plusle & Minun's my favorite moveset in this competition. THERE, I SAID IT
Yeah I don't really know why I like it so much. I even have a really big problem with the switching mechanic. It's just...it's just win, is what it is.
I love the idea of two characters fighting together without switching or just 2-Xing their attacks. Ice Climbers only barely touched on this subject with belay and their blizzard on both sides.
As for Plusle and Minun, I love how you made them almost like a cheerleading squad (Which is essentially what they are.). The Final Smash was just beautiful.
PLUSLE AND MINUN

RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER: Spot on. This is how Plusle and Minun were meant to play - attacks that use teamwork, mixed in with Pikachu-esque zaps, spins, and twirls. The fact that you used actual Pokemon attacks for the Specials is just icing on the cake. 10/10

DETAIL: This is probably the only department in which this moveset could use some improvement. You've got damage and knockback in there, but I really prefer to hear a bit more about when and why to use each individual attack. Some attacks seem kinda vague, especially the tilts. More information would be appreciated. 6/10

BALANCE: With an innovative mechanic, it's always harder to keep the balance down, but I think you did a great job here. There is a perfect balance of drawbacks and advantages here, and nothing jump up as either too good or too weak. 9/10

ORIGINALITY: Good here in theory. The whole concept is very original and fun. Pretty much all of the attacks that use both are quite unique too. However, a few of the Standard attacks are sort of bland, similar to Pikachu's, and maybe that can't be helped here. I do, though, think that you could have had something a bit more interesting as the Forward B. 7/10

PLAYSTYLE: Very nice here. The duo fight together in a very interesting way, with many attacks using both of them quite creatively. The Specials do sort of stand out against the many tag-team attacks in the Standards, but this is still a very fun-sounding playstyle. 8/10

ORGANIZATION: Very tidy. Bolding, headers, colour and all. The colour is especially useful, what with the different colours for different types of attack. 8/10

EXTRAS: You've got the SSE role, nice alt. colours, codec message, and so forth. They're pretty detailed, too. +2

OVERALL: This is something of a favourite of mine. I'm partial to Pokemon movesets, and this one's greatest strength is how true it is to its Pokemon. The only thing that I would improve upon is the lack of detail on most attacks and maybe changing around a few Specials. Still, I look forward to anything else from you, kitsune.

50/60
Chief Mendez's Review:

Plusle & Minun: Another of The Fabled Forbidden Seven appears! The first, most vital thing I had to say about this moveset last time was that it is very strange, under any circumstance, to take away a Smash Attack (and an Aerial, but that’s not quite as dangerous) from a player based on something they have no control over, which in this case is distance from their partner. Thankfully this has been alleviated somewhat, though the whole “distance” mechanic still sends a chill down my competitive spine.

It does, however, do wonders for my Pokemon spine.

Everything else about this moveset is incredibly well done. The author did an exceedingly good job emphasizing the partner aspect of these two, which is what they’re all about, after all. Two of the Special Moves are either so underpowered as to be practically useless (Thunder Wave), or don’t provide enough of an advantage to be worth using seriously (Baton Pass…for a 1.05x modifier?). Aside from that, this is one of those awesome movesets that perfectly exhibits what the character in question is all about, right to the core. Even P & M’s Final Smash, Encore, is tailor-made for the duo. I can just imagine some poor Luigi Green Missile’ing themselves off the stage from it. ^.^

Even after over 300 more pages of super-amazing movesets, this is still one of my favorites in the contest. It’s not perfect, and there’s still things I’d like to see change, but this is a moveset that is totally and completely true-to-character. I honestly can’t imagine Plusle & Minun playing any other way. If they ever get into an actual Smash Bros. game, and they don’t play like this…I will be sad.

* Fitting to Character: Perfecto, mon ami. kitsuneko345 has truly captured the spirit of these characters. 10/10
* Balance: I still take issue with the “distance” mechanic. The majority of the matches you play with Ice Climbers, you’ll usually lose Nana at least once. And while that is a handicap, at least you only lose the use of one move (though even then, Belay still takes Popo somewhere). Past that small dilemma, though, Plusle & Minun would fit into the roster like…well, they’d fit great, anyway. 8/10
* Originality: Baton Pass and Thunder Wave are basically useless, considering the minimal gains, and Iron Tail is, in all honesty, just a synchronized Screw Attack. And maybe…one or two standard attacks are a bit bland. Save for those, though this is a really original ’set. 8/10
* Appearance: Thankfully, this category has been beefed up significantly. The modifications to color and larger fonts make navigating the ’set a breeze. Expertly done, my friend. 8/10
* FINAL = 34/40 from a 31/40
Chris Lionheart's Review

Plusle and Minon- Rank A

I look at this moveset and can only think of one word to describe it. Epic. On the Minun side (minus side) I am not a fan of multicolored print such as this, but this isn't really that bad. On the Plusle side (plus side) the moveset is very detailed and fitting to the character. I can't really give this an S rank because it lacks some of the extras that make the difference between letter grades. The mechanics used are very interesting and they seem pretty balanced. Overall... good job.
SirKibble's Review

PLUSLE & MINUN -- RANK: S
Epic, epic win right here. Organization with the colors is very helpful, the special ability is very unique and surprisingly balanced, and detail is there on all the attacks. Creative attacks, and I loved the Final Smash. Very clever and it works well. This moveset is well-deserving of the best rank I can give.
Most people would know of Plusle and Minun as those two Mouse Pokemon in the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald that are seem to be based off of Pichu. Smashers, however, know them mostly by being one of the Fabled Forbidden Seven, or at least assumed to be because of the theory that Pra & Mai is the Random Box instead. Most smashers would say that Plusle and Minun would be tacky, like just Ice Climbers/Pikachu or Pichu. This moveset shows how it's possible to make Plusle and Minun not a clone of IceClimbers and Pikachu, yet still has the feel as if they could be in the game. Sure the moveset compare in detail to Chief Mendez or MasterWarlord, but how the moveset was implemented with a special mechanic that is Balanced in many ways and can still be in character is what makes this moveset a must-read for all.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
The Eternal Darkness And The Wings Of Hope is going to end soon......i think I’m going to cry........

Chapter 11: The fighters against the Lightening:

Narrator: Last time, Pelleas, Geoffrey, and Leonardo rest at a bar. Leonardo picks up a fight with an old man that happens to be Yau-man, but later on, they stop fighting for the greater good. Geoffrey hears too loud music that he dislikes, and apparently, it's coming from Vultorun's heavy guitar play. They fight, but later resolve. All of a sudden, a figure of shadow appears out the window, that appears to be the Shredder according to Leo's eyes. The Sheredder sends his minions of foot ninjas to attack them, but Leonardo, Yau-man, Pelleas, Geoffrey, and Vultorun easily kick there butts due to the predictable good guys always wins plot line. The Sheredder retreats, but Leonardo give chase. The others follow.

THAT IS ALL.

Leonardo, frustrated, pounds his head to the wall with the fact that he lost the location to the Sheredder.

"Darn it......i should have went faster...." He says.

Geoffrey looks at Leo. "Leo, forget it. It's too late now. We might as well think about something else."

Pelleas agrees. "I agree. if anything, i believe the Sheredder is working for the empire too. We find the empire, we find the Sheredder."

Yau-man nods his head agreeing. "Yes. I think its all for the best that we give our selves a huge break. Lets go get a drink at that bar over there."

So the group head to the bar....only to find that the door is stuck.

Leonardo brings out his weapons. "I'll break that door open!!!"

Geoffrey stops Leo. "Stop. If you do break the door open, the town might think that we're bad people or something. Also, this is a kid's game. No violence allowed besides actual gameplay."

Vultorun says, "Forget that!!! With the power of rock and roll baby, i'll bring down this door no problem!!!"

Vultorun attacks to try to bring the door open.

He attacks again.....

and again....

and again..........but still to no avail.

"Allow me to help." Yau-man says. Yau-man simply knocks the door, and it opens no problem. "See? No violence needed."

Vultorun jaws drop. "What?!?! But he's an old man!!!!!! I bet i just losed it up a bit."

Unfortunately for Pelleas, Geoffrey, Vultorun, and Yau-man, it was a pizza bar. Fortunately for Leonardo, it was a pizza bar.

"Oh boy!!! Pizza!!!" Leonardo says as he rushes to the front counter to order something.

"Ugh....Pizza? We should have tried that other bar across the street instead then...." Pelleas says in disgriff.

"Holy crud....they have everything related to pizza. Pizza coke, pizza bread, pizza fries and even pizza Sprite. WOW." Vultorun says.

It was true. Anything in the bar was filled with pizza. Leonardo and pizza lovers are very happy.

They all are served by Pizzaman. He makes awesome pizza slices. He sees that they are all happy.

In less than 3 seconds, the door crashes open. A bunch of thugs (again lol) come into the bar demanding free pizza without pay.

Leonardo immediately draws out his katanas to get ready to fight. Why should he have to pay for such delicious pizza when third rate amateur thugs can?

But Leonardo is not alone. Pizzaman gets ready to fight as well. Remember: FoR THE GREATER GOOD THAT IS PIZZA!!!

Part 1: Pizza > you:
Objective: Get rid of those thugs
Music: Pizza getting tossed and getting splat XD
Characters: Leonardo, Pizzaman

Just basically defeat the thugs. They aren’t tough.

As soon as you win, Leonardo will go grab a slice of pizza eating it, and cheering, “That’s what you get for trying to get pizza for FREE!!!!”

The thugs groan in pain. They all run away, abandoning to what seems to be there commander.....some really big guy.

All of a sudden, a dark aura appears surrounding the big guy. The guy disappears (which is kind of weird now that you think of it,) and leaves off a dark aura......that’s dark.

“You are all very foolish. This trick is too easy to fool you guys. Why would random thugs come out of nowhere so easily? There are empire soldiers all around you.....even.......right behind you!!!” The Dark aura says before using a blast of dark magic to push Leo through the wall, and crash in to a new store.

It seems that Leo has crashed into......a dance floor? Yes, a dance floor. Apparently......they just interrupted one of Vanilla Ice’s dance parties. Leonardo slowly gets up, with Yau-man, Pizzaman, Pelleas, Vultorun, and Geoffrey coming to help him.

All of a sudden, empire soldiers rush around Leo’s group, with there laser guns and swords.

“Now it is time to die!!!!” One of the soldiers says. All of a sudden, the beat starts picking up. Vanilla Ice starts motioning to dance a bit, and then bursts out in a rap.

Time for a Ninja rap!!!

Part 2: Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!!!:
Objective: Defeat 30 soldiers
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDU7HsdCotE
Characters: Leonardo, Pizzaman, Yau-man, Pelleas, Geoffrey, Vultorun

You know what to do, but now with special addition rap music :bee:

All the empire soldiers are down. Pelleas, Geoffrey, Yau-man, Vultorun, and Pizzaman sigh in relief, but Leonardo continues to dance off to his favourite song.

Lightening strikes outside however, and everyone in the dancefloor get scared. The group rushes outside to see the thunder storm (which is btw, something you should NOT do, if u want to live.)

The rushing outside is quickly followed by drawing of weapons. A mythical beast is seen in a stance. It lets out a huge roar and immediately is surrounded by lightening element.

Time to fight!!!

Part 3: Electric beast fight:
Objective: Woo! Defeat Boss
Music: Evidential Material
Characters: Leonardo, Yau-man, Pizzaman, Pelleas, Geoffrey, Vultorun

K, this is hard to describe as a boss like the my previous chapter's one. It's basically a ox that's huge. With electric capapilties.....yea....

Anyway, this boss is just as tough as the previous one. It goes down as 500% damage racked up upon.

Electric blast: It is a huge electriced based attack that covers most of the stage. It continues to vastly do damage to your character, until after 8 seconds. It is left wide open after this attack.

Electric impact: It rushes forward with electricity elements that can take down most characters with one hit. If it hits, it deals 50% (!) damage with great knockback. Though it can easily be avoided by just crouching, it moves very fast for you to even think of crouching.

Bash: Simply a bash from the electric burning Ox. It has a fiery element to it. It deals around 15% damage with ok knockback. Not partically fast, but its a continous attack (about 8 times, 16 after its health drop down to half).

Rex Bolt: I couldn't resist using this Fire Emblem attack XD. The ox roars and a huge lightening bolt comes straight from the sky, to the ground and it can result in a one hit ko. It only targets the center of the stage though.

As soon as the electric ox is defeated, it's remedy disapears and a yellow card is left behind.

Leonardo picks up the card........only for it to be snatched by the dark aura before.

"Excellent. 2 of 5 cards are now ours. The world will be ours. As for you people, TAKE THIS!!!"

The Dark aura lets out a huge blast of darkness, only to be countered by Pelleas' blast of darkness.

"Run!!! I'm holding him off!!" He says.

The group nods and escapes.......shortly hearing a scream from Pelleas. It was obvious he did not win.

They must avenge Pelleas the group says. They must go to the empire.

TO BE CONTINUED.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I Think SirKibble gave this moveset an S in his review, but alas that review is gone forever.
Not so. Ask Lament, and ye shall receive!

You see, the reviews were never actually removed from the site. I just took them off the navigation bar. :p

So theoretically, you could still get there if you had the specific URL...

In any case... Verbatim, my review said:

Epic, epic win right here. Organization with the colors is very helpful, the special ability is very unique and surprisingly balanced, and detail is there on all the attacks. Creative attacks, and I loved the Final Smash. Very clever and it works well. This moveset is well-deserving of the best rank I can give.

Feel free to add that to your advertisement. :)

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Not so. Ask Lament, and ye shall receive!

You see, the reviews were never actually removed from the site. I just took them off the navigation bar. :p

So theoretically, you could still get there if you had the specific URL...

In any case... Verbatim, my review said:

Feel free to add that to your advertisement. :)
I Just did actually.

Delibird

Deliberd is very nice. Not a bad way to end MYM3.
Nice Delibird, kitsuneko! Very nice indeed. Although my earlier point stands; his mechanic can only really be made the most of in team battles. Unless you just repeatedly Down Aerial'd them, but that's risky.

It's very easy to Delicide, isn't it? Just stick 'em in your bag and jump on off the screen.

Still, many interesting concepts, a nice inclusion of Ice-type moves without going overboard, and a mechanic that sounds like it'd be ridiculously fun in any free-for-all or team battle.
This is the only response back to Delibird, but I am satisfied, as this was the last moveset FINISHED in this thread (Headless horseman was the last moveset POSTED).

Anyways, This moveset would be considered very strange in the contest. This Pokemon has the strange ability to be SPECIFICALLY be better in teams. Delibird, in my opinion, would considered a epilogue of my time in MYM 3.0, even though my story would be considered a short story at best.
But seriously, check out the extras, as they're the most awesome I have ever done.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Plusle & Minun are epic win. I can't say anything without repeating someone else, so....

You recieve my Two Shiny Dings of Approval!

*DING!* *DING!*

(Shiny Ding of Approval is the intellectual property of ungulateman. all rights reserved, except bragging rights.)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Poor TWIL... no one commented on your chapter yet... but I will.

It was a really nice chapter, I like how you worked in Vanilla Ice.... AND PIZZA!!!

One thing erks me though.... how could you let Pelleas lose so easily BLASPHEMY! Pelleas is the Ike/Nephenee/Hector of casters... you basically just screwed him over....

Oh and since the boss was an elictrical mythical beast... couldn't you have made it Raiku (or whatever the legendary Poke'mon dog of Electricity from Gold/Silver/Crystal is called.)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I like SSE :). You did a good job of keeping Vulturon in character so kudos to you. And ninja-rap was a funny surprise (though I realized what it was the moment I remembered Leonardo was in this group)

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
you know what, I making Dr. Robotnik quite a long range fighter, about 7 moves of Dr. Robotnik moves are projectile based! this is 2 of the moves he has which uses some kind of projectile (just think this as another preview):

D-tilt: Clamer Shooter:
Appearance/animation: As Dr. Robotnik is crouching down, Dr. Robotnik turns to his back a bit, and stretches his arms out to the ground behind him While Dr. Robotnik is still in his crouching position and stretched his arms out to the back, he grabs hold of a machine, this machine is in the shape of a ball, you can see it’s eyes, but you can’t see its face. The top and bottom part of the Badnik is a Dark blue colour, with an orange outline. You can also see a cannon coming from inside the Clamers body as well. Dr. Robotnik then puts the Badnik in front of him on the floor, and then makes the Clamer shoot a bullet, which is small yellow bullet (about a halve the size of a weak Super Scope bullet) flies out from the cannon. When you do this, the Clamer and Dr. Robotnik go a bit back because of the force of the bullet, but then he repositions himself. Every time a bullet is fired from the cannon, it makes a “Puff” type sound as well.
Stats/effects/extra details: The hit-box of this move is the small yellow bullet, and nothing else. The range of this move is about 2/3 of Final Destination, which is pretty impressive, but the bullet travels about the speed of Wolf’s Blaster, which is a bit slow. This move has only a tiny bit of start-up lag, and you can shoot another bullet while still having the Clamer out on the floor if you press D-Tilt gain, a bit like how Marths D-tilt works, but instead of moving forward, you can continue to shoot more bullets while still having the Clamer in one place. If you stop using this move, this also has a bit ending lag as well however. That means that there is a pause between each Bullet gets shot out of the Clamer, which is about 0.56 second pause between each and every shot fired from the Badnik. The amount of damage this move causes is very low, each shot only does 4% and only a slight stun on the enemy. However, since of the long range and how much times you can use this move continually, this makes up for the fact you can rack up damage with this move if the opponent is careless.
What's it uses?: Since of the long range and how you can use this move continually, you can attack quite far with this move if the opponent is on the ground. Another thing that is good about this move is that since the Clamer on the ground, it can attack anyone on the ground you are crouching; even the likes of characters that have marvellous crouching ability (think Mr Game and Watch, Kirby), and also the fact that people who put their shield up to defend them of this move, it’s not going to work as well as much as other moves, because when the shield gets smaller, you can hit the bottom of the enemies leg of foot, so you should jump over of dodge away from this move if it is being spammed. Since of the fact it only stuns the enemy, it means that you can’t use this move to the enemy if they are close up, as they could smash or do a tilt on you before the next shot is fired. So this move should only be used if your enemy is far away from you, like at the start of a match of something to that kind.
Origin: Sonic 3
No Way, I can't believe this

Argh, your not going to get away with this!
F-Smash: Turbo Spiker Fire:
Appearance/animation: Dr. Robotnik stands up straight up-wards, and then he positions himself so his body is facing towards/away from the screen, but with his head looking in the direction his facing. When he stands like this, a machine pops up on the ground, which is coloured red, and has 2 eyes coming from the head. The Badnik has wheels like a tank, and has a big cylinder with spikes coming from it on the back of it. Dr. Robotnik almost folds his right arm underneath his left arm, and then when you release the smash, Dr. Robotnik points this right arm far in front of him, also with his index and middle finger pointing outwards as well. When Dr. Robotnik does this sign, it signals the Turbo Spiker to fire the spiked cylinder in front of Dr. Robotnik. When you charging this up, Dr. Robotniks right arm while going underneath his left arm go slower than not charging the smash, and also the arm would be shaking a bit as well.
Stats/effects/extra details: The hit-box of this move is the whole body of the spiked cylinder which the Turbo Spiker shoots out. The range of this move depends on how much you charge it, and also how you angle the move. When you are charging this move up, you can easily tell where it’s aiming at, as when you are charging it up, if you move the control stick upwards (you can’t aim it behind you, or underneath you), you can see the spiked cylinder tilt to where you position you hold the control stick. The speed the spiked cylinder travels at is a tiny bit faster than his D-tilt when this move is uncharged, because if you charge this move up, it also increases the speed of what it fires like as well. This move has quite a bit of start-up lag though, and also a bit of ending lag as well, which makes this move punishable when you don’t use this wisely. When this is uncharged, the spiked cylinder will do 10% damage, and mid-low knockback, which sends you 20 odd degrees up-wards. The range of this move when you don’t angle this (so it’s going a tiny bit tilted horizontally) is about 3.5 stage builder blocks, and how you angle this move makes is varied (it goes about 2.6 stage builder blocks up-wards if you angle it straight up-wards). The speed is also just a bit faster than his D-tilt. When charged, this move does 15% damage, and mid-high knockback, which sends your opponent about 22 degrees up-wards. The range of this move if you don’t angle it is about 8.6 stage builder blocks going horizontally, it’s varied on how you angle it really, but if you shoot it directly up-wards, it’ll go about 7.5 stage builder blocks upwards. The speed of the spiked cylinder when it is completely charged is about q.8 times faster than the speed it’s when it’s uncharged.
What's it uses?: Since this move is a projectile it makes sense for the player to use this quite far away, because not only that the fact that you can hit the opponent and they can’t hit you, it’s the fact that this move has quite a bit of start-up lag, which is very punishable. What is also good is that it can also provide a great edge-guarder, since it can knockback people back, unlike his D-tilt, and also since you can aim it as well, so this move is quite versatile as well. Just remember not to use this move when you enemies close up.
FULL SYSTEMS, FULL POWER!
Do you think these moves are intresting and why? and this is the most detailed moveset I have ever done so far. oh the advertising period has ended now, does that mean that we can start voting?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
you know what, I making Dr. Robotnik quite a long range fighter, about 7 moves of Dr. Robotnik moves are projectile based! this is 2 of the moves he has which uses some kind of projectile (just think this as another preview):

D-tilt: Clamer Shooter:
Appearance/animation: As Dr. Robotnik is crouching down, Dr. Robotnik turns to his back a bit, and stretches his arms out to the ground behind him While Dr. Robotnik is still in his crouching position and stretched his arms out to the back, he grabs hold of a machine, this machine is in the shape of a ball, you can see it’s eyes, but you can’t see its face. The top and bottom part of the Badnik is a Dark blue colour, with an orange outline. You can also see a cannon coming from inside the Clamers body as well. Dr. Robotnik then puts the Badnik in front of him on the floor, and then makes the Clamer shoot a bullet, which is small yellow bullet (about a halve the size of a weak Super Scope bullet) flies out from the cannon. When you do this, the Clamer and Dr. Robotnik go a bit back because of the force of the bullet, but then he repositions himself. Every time a bullet is fired from the cannon, it makes a “Puff” type sound as well.
Stats/effects/extra details: The hit-box of this move is the small yellow bullet, and nothing else. The range of this move is about 2/3 of Final Destination, which is pretty impressive, but the bullet travels about the speed of Wolf’s Blaster, which is a bit slow. This move has only a tiny bit of start-up lag, and you can shoot another bullet while still having the Clamer out on the floor if you press D-Tilt gain, a bit like how Marths D-tilt works, but instead of moving forward, you can continue to shoot more bullets while still having the Clamer in one place. If you stop using this move, this also has a bit ending lag as well however. That means that there is a pause between each Bullet gets shot out of the Clamer, which is about 0.56 second pause between each and every shot fired from the Badnik. The amount of damage this move causes is very low, each shot only does 4% and only a slight stun on the enemy. However, since of the long range and how much times you can use this move continually, this makes up for the fact you can rack up damage with this move if the opponent is careless.
What's it uses?: Since of the long range and how you can use this move continually, you can attack quite far with this move if the opponent is on the ground. Another thing that is good about this move is that since the Clamer on the ground, it can attack anyone on the ground you are crouching; even the likes of characters that have marvellous crouching ability (think Mr Game and Watch, Kirby), and also the fact that people who put their shield up to defend them of this move, it’s not going to work as well as much as other moves, because when the shield gets smaller, you can hit the bottom of the enemies leg of foot, so you should jump over of dodge away from this move if it is being spammed. Since of the fact it only stuns the enemy, it means that you can’t use this move to the enemy if they are close up, as they could smash or do a tilt on you before the next shot is fired. So this move should only be used if your enemy is far away from you, like at the start of a match of something to that kind.
Origin: Sonic 3
No Way, I can't believe this

Argh, your not going to get away with this!
F-Smash: Turbo Spiker Fire:
Appearance/animation: Dr. Robotnik stands up straight up-wards, and then he positions himself so his body is facing towards/away from the screen, but with his head looking in the direction his facing. When he stands like this, a machine pops up on the ground, which is coloured red, and has 2 eyes coming from the head. The Badnik has wheels like a tank, and has a big cylinder with spikes coming from it on the back of it. Dr. Robotnik almost folds his right arm underneath his left arm, and then when you release the smash, Dr. Robotnik points this right arm far in front of him, also with his index and middle finger pointing outwards as well. When Dr. Robotnik does this sign, it signals the Turbo Spiker to fire the spiked cylinder in front of Dr. Robotnik. When you charging this up, Dr. Robotniks right arm while going underneath his left arm go slower than not charging the smash, and also the arm would be shaking a bit as well.
Stats/effects/extra details: The hit-box of this move is the whole body of the spiked cylinder which the Turbo Spiker shoots out. The range of this move depends on how much you charge it, and also how you angle the move. When you are charging this move up, you can easily tell where it’s aiming at, as when you are charging it up, if you move the control stick upwards (you can’t aim it behind you, or underneath you), you can see the spiked cylinder tilt to where you position you hold the control stick. The speed the spiked cylinder travels at is a tiny bit faster than his D-tilt when this move is uncharged, because if you charge this move up, it also increases the speed of what it fires like as well. This move has quite a bit of start-up lag though, and also a bit of ending lag as well, which makes this move punishable when you don’t use this wisely. When this is uncharged, the spiked cylinder will do 10% damage, and mid-low knockback, which sends you 20 odd degrees up-wards. The range of this move when you don’t angle this (so it’s going a tiny bit tilted horizontally) is about 3.5 stage builder blocks, and how you angle this move makes is varied (it goes about 2.6 stage builder blocks up-wards if you angle it straight up-wards). The speed is also just a bit faster than his D-tilt. When charged, this move does 15% damage, and mid-high knockback, which sends your opponent about 22 degrees up-wards. The range of this move if you don’t angle it is about 8.6 stage builder blocks going horizontally, it’s varied on how you angle it really, but if you shoot it directly up-wards, it’ll go about 7.5 stage builder blocks upwards. The speed of the spiked cylinder when it is completely charged is about q.8 times faster than the speed it’s when it’s uncharged.
What's it uses?: Since this move is a projectile it makes sense for the player to use this quite far away, because not only that the fact that you can hit the opponent and they can’t hit you, it’s the fact that this move has quite a bit of start-up lag, which is very punishable. What is also good is that it can also provide a great edge-guarder, since it can knockback people back, unlike his D-tilt, and also since you can aim it as well, so this move is quite versatile as well. Just remember not to use this move when you enemies close up.
FULL SYSTEMS, FULL POWER!
Do you think these moves are intresting and why? and this is the most detailed moveset I have ever done so far. oh the advertising period has ended now, does that mean that we can start voting?
Nice work man! Will he have a PINGAS attack too?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Nice work man! Will he have a PINGAS attack too?
Nah, this moveset is a serious one, so no PINGAS for anyone :laugh:.

The title changed, this should mean that no more FULL movesets should be posted by new people who thought it was still carrying on.

Vote for Team Rocket, Chao, Dry Bowser, Nights, Death Adder, Bean, Metal Knuckles, Captain Syrup, Froggy and Tails NAO :) :laugh:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well as of now, the rest of the Commies are offline, so for now, just cast out votes for your favorites, and we'll try to get things ironed out when there's more than one online >_>

D

Deleted member

Here's how it works:

If you vote for This Game's Winner, there's a chance that Captain Falcon won't PAWCH!! you during your sleep.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well as of now, the rest of the Commies are offline, so for now, just cast out votes for your favorites, and we'll try to get things ironed out when there's more than one online >_>
I will wait until then. If we don't even have an approximate number on how many votes we may cast, I don't see any real reason to vote yet.

@Sonic the Baron:
=O

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Yay for SSE comments.

Lol, i needed more villains for the endgame, so since Pelleas is a dark sage, i thought i might work him in as a enemy character that is possessed now. Though he'll turn back to normal once you beat him in the endgame. And i like Pelleas as a FE character. Despite him being emo time to time, he's a cool character (though the time i brought him to the endgame to fight Ashera, he could only do like 2 damage to Ashera herself.)

And how could i forget about Raiku? Lol

If i am happy, i'll maybe have a new chapter up tonight.

Now i got to look through the thread to see and search for my favourite movesets to vote for......

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Ok, it seems I'm running out of time, so here we go, final review!

METAL KNUCKLES

^^/RELEVANCE TO CHARACTER
Well, I've played Sonic R, and I know that you have next to nothing to work with in the first place. Going along that tangent, you've filled in the blanks with a lot of fiery, lightning-y, and robot-y attacks, and I can pretty much see Eggman's perfect creation doing all that. However, some attacks don't really seem to click. Earth Spikes doesn't seem like something a robot would be doing - maybe Knuckles himself. And I don't think he should be tossing grenades all over the place; grenades don't even appear in the Sonic games, as far as I know. 8/10

^^/DETAIL
You've got a metric ton of every kind of detail. Every aspect of the attacks can be envisaged. However, you REALLY need to improve the way you present your information, and it looks like you're doing that for Eggman, but here, it's almost impossible to digest all of these walls of detail. Which takes you down in organization, but brings you up here. 9/10

^^/BALANCE
Hmm, hmm. Lots of disjointed and/or projectile attacks that rack damage fabulously. Good ground control with Down B. Extremely awesome stats in everything; this is a super-fast heavyweight with range. Yep, Metal Knuckles is busted. Maybe not totally busted, but Top Tier for sure. 5/10

^^/ORIGINALITY
Well, updated Metal Knuckles shines here. The attacks, which are sometimes a bit contrived, are nonethelesss all unlike anything we currently have in the game. I'm not as big a fan of the Specials, but you did a fantastic job with very little. 9/10

^^/PLAYSTYLE
Hmm, lots of fire attacks.... but also lots of lightning attacks... but also lots of earth attacks... but also lots of explosive attacks... but also ice! Very schizophrenic, y'know. BUT this can be excused because, well, he's Eggman's death robot, and you can be sure that the evil doc WOULD install all of these things into him. Anyway, they all feel very mechanical overall. 8/10

^^/ORGANIZATION
Oh god. These walls of white text aren't good for my eyesight, at all. You've got some run-on sentences that are very hard to go through. I think you should also work on making your descriptions of attacks more concise. For instance, your huge Neutral Air could be condensed to

"Metal Knuckles extends one arm forward and the other back, his claws open up, and two small flames shoot out, one on each side of him. This single-hit move comes out very quickly, and deals 7% and fairly low knockback."

Anyway, this is the area in which you need the most improvement. 5/10

^^/EXTRAS
You've got 'em, although nothing huge here. +1

^^/OVERALL
Metal Knuckles is a prime example of your creativity and moveset-forging skill, but I find it much harder to go through than older stuff like your Chao. Bigger is not necessarily better, and excess words don't help anyone. The moveset itself is great, aside from the balance issues.

45/60

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Thanks for the review, so I need to improve on balance and organisation, okay, thanks for it anyway. it's a great score, and if I sorted the orgainsation and balance before, It would've had a higher score, well I know for next time anyways! :)

oh, and I'm not adding any excess words anymore either with my new layout, am I? since I'm describing the animation, the effects, and the use of it all in different sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom