• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The magic number is however many movesets I submit.

So far, you're all over it. :lick:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Cruxis, you instantly win for making an O'Chunks moveset. I assure you he'll get a good SSE role if you commit to doing him.

Albeit he'll probably end up being mind controlled by Dimentio. . .

But hey, that's what actually happens in the game.

@Spadefox: I might be able to sneak in a final moveset or two at the end of the contest, but I might decide to hold them back for MYM 5. Cortex and Tiny was for the most part ready to go at the end of MYM 3, I could've easily gotten off my arse and finished it and given the Headless Horseman some competition.

But I ended up holding it back for now. . .Despite the fact it probably would've gotten a lot more attention in MYM 3. Curse you K. Rool and Mendez for saying it'd get more attention now!

@DANCINGFROGMAN: Do Omega. Without a doubt. I don't want to see the most generic characters from a series filled with generic characters be made movesets. I prefer Gamma to Omega as well. . .But yeah. Also, Omega's already in my SSE. Check out the new chapter act you missed. All three of your movesets play big roles in it. Get to it via siggy.

@Junahu: I kind of got the vibe that Gamma was still a separate entity from the animal trapped inside, and that it willingly sacrificed itself to free the animal. Is it actually confirmed the animal controlled the robot? Seems rather doubtful to me. . .

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Cruxis, you instantly win for making an O'Chunks moveset. I assure you he'll get a good SSE role if you commit to doing him.

Albeit he'll probably end up being mind controlled by Dimentio. . .
Thanks. Might as well do it. This Irish beast has been under the influence of alcohol for too long; time for a mental influence.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, Iago's plans are coming along quite nicely. I just need a good neutral special for him...*goes to watch Aladdins*

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Well, Iago's plans are coming along quite nicely. I just need a good neutral special for him...*goes to watch Aladdins*
Hmmm. Well, as far as I know, Iago talks too much, is afraid of everything, good at betrayal, and likes to take things by the talons. I wonder how you managed to get ANY move out of him. :laugh:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
O'Chunks is Irish? He gave me more of a Scottish vibe myself. . .But whatever floats yer' boat. I'll be anticipating him.

If you run out of ideas BKupa, Iago could summon Jafar for one of his moves from the genie lamp, but that's all I've got, as it's been a long while since I watched the Aladdin movies.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
O'Chunks is Irish? He gave me more of a Scottish vibe myself. . .But whatever floats yer' boat. I'll be anticipating him.

If you run out of ideas BKupa, Iago could summon Jafar for one of his moves from the genie lamp, but that's all I've got, as it's been a long while since I watched the Aladdin movies.
My fault, I meant Scottish. I get them mixed up.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Argh... so many mixed votes :dizzy::dizzy:.

Yeah, I did Gamma in MYM2.... although it wasn't good compared to what I am now. Plus Robots are cool, and cause they can have alot of totally unique things, there would be no doubt that Omega will be an powerful projectile wielder, but with massive lag on the moves, who would be slow as well.

anywho, I'll do Omega, plus I've got a button of it already, and plus its in Warlords SSE already (which was mega awesome by the way, loving it), and plus I've played the 2 games its stared in (Sonic Chronicles and Sonic heroes).

Junahu

Smash Ace
@Junahu: I kind of got the vibe that Gamma was still a separate entity from the animal trapped inside, and that it willingly sacrificed itself to free the animal. Is it actually confirmed the animal controlled the robot? Seems rather doubtful to me. . .
I don't like the idea of Robotnik's robots having a free conciousness (other than Metal Sonic)
But you're probably right. My point still stands that Omega doesn't have this kind of character development and is just a knee jerk reaction to the fans who wanted to see more of Gamma.

And on the subject of me not liking "new" sonic, how many times is Robotnik going to unleash the "ultimate" evil and then act surprised when it betrays him? HOW MANY TIMES!?

edit: Sonic 06. Omega is in that too.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hmmm. Well, as far as I know, Iago talks too much, is afraid of everything, good at betrayal, and likes to take things by the talons. I wonder how you managed to get ANY move out of him. :laugh:
Is obsessed with treasure and despises crackers...just throwing that in there.

And he does use the lamp in one move, so he may just use it again...possibly a Final Smash? Both characters have different icons, final smashes, assist trophies, and stages, so this is quite a mashup of Lion King and Aladdin.

Iago is proving to be much easier to make than Zazu was, and Zazu is done well, IMO.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think his taunts will bring lols.

Glide-taunts FTW.

Who wouldn't want to glide at your opponent, screaming, "SHUT UUUUPPPPP!"

+1 post = Smash Apprentice!!!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Although there's still the technical possibility of me having 0 movesets...
No... You submitted Megman, so you have over 0.

Then again, it might be possible that I have no movesets. N. Trance's animations are long and monotonous, so it may be a long time before he's done, and in the midst of THAT, I'm working on The Penguin.

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
I look forward to read your version of the Penguin, Commander Blitzkrieg. Is it the Adam West Penguin?:lick:

I'm currently working on Metal Sonic, and when I'm done with him, I'll work on two new movesets:
*One is an OC called Disgruntled Office Guy, or I may name him Stan, who hates his job and wants to take his anger out on MYM4.
*And if no one else beats me too it, I'm going to do a moveset for Santa Clause.

Any objections?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
plus I've played the 2 games its stared in (Sonic Chronicles and Sonic heroes).
Omega appeared in a major role in following games:
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

And cameos in:
Sonic Rivals
Sonic Rivals 2
Sonic Gems Collection

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Boss: Red Gyarados

The Red Gyarados is basically a shiny version of the normal blue Gyarados. However, like all other Gyarados, it's short-tempered, and very violent. There have been records that a Gyarados's rampage can last as long as one month, and they're known to destroy huge cities with a single Hyper Beam. Although very rare in the wild, when a Gyarados shows up, destruction is likely to occur. Because of this, not too many people would want to live in an area known for Gyarados sightings.

The Red Gyarados enters the Smash world as a boss. It's very strong, and has a large arsenal of destructive attacks. In fact, this Gyarados is also unique in that it can use fire-based moves as well as water and dragon attacks.

-------------------
Boss Stamina

Gyarados's stamina increases as the difficulty level increases. This applies even to Boss Battles.

Easy: 300 HP
Normal: 350 HP
Hard: 400 HP
Very Hard: 450 HP
Intense: 500 HP
-------------------
Basic Poses

Gyarados usually stands at one spot or another. Its basic pose is similar to that of Rayquaza, but because it has no arms, it can't use any arm-based attacks.

It also roars frequently, but that does not affect the player in any way.
-------------------
Attacks

Dragon Rage: Gyarados releases a powerful flame attack at the player. The attack is fired at a straight line, and its power and knockback varies depending on the skill level. Attack does up to 15% damage on Easy and Normal, 25% on Hard, 35% on Very Hard, and 45% on Intense. Gyarados stops using this attack once its HP drops below 60%.

Aqua Tail: Gyarados thrusts its tail at the player at full force. It's performed at ground level, but doesn't affect airborne targets. Attack does up to 13% damage on Easy and Normal, 26% on Hard, 34% on Very Hard, and 44% on Intense. Gyarados usually uses this attack when the player is very close to it (at least less than 4 feet).

Tackle: Gyarados basically attacks the player directly with its body. During the process, it'll change which side of the battlefield it'll face. Attack does up to 12% damage on Easy and Normal, 24% on Hard, 33% on Very Hard, and 45% on Intense. Gyarados usually uses this attack when the player is more than 4 feet away from it.

Twister: Gyarados creates a tornado that can trap the player for a few seconds. The size of the tornado isn't very large, but it's about the same height as Gyarados itself. The attack hits the player up to 6 times if he/she is caught in it; 3% damage per hit on Easy and Normal, 7% on Hard, 13% on Very Hard, and 20% on Intense.

Hydro Pump: Gyarados tries to push the player off the battlefield by firing a large burst of water. The attack does no damage, but it can easily send the player off the battlefield at higher skill levels.

Fire Blast: Gyarados unleashes a powerful flame attack that has a huge range. The attack is usually unleashed at the spot the player was first standing, so it's possible to avoid the attack by moving around. Attack does up to 20% damage on Easy and Normal, 30% on Hard, 45% on Very Hard, and 60% on Intense. Gyarados will start to use this attack once its HP drops below 60%.

Outrage: Gyarados will recklessly move around from one direction to another. It'll use this move on the ground AND in the air, so the player needs to be fully aware about where Gyarados will strike. Attack does up to 30% damage on Easy and Normal, 50% on Hard, 80% on Very Hard, and 120% on Intense. Gyarados will start to use this attack when its HP drops below 20%.
-------------------

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Red was pretty nice. However, it could use a bit more detail regarding knockback and other miniscule things such as that there.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
WADDLE DEE

Waddle Dee is just too awesome to describe. (Yes, this is a joke moveset)

STATS:

Weight: 10/10
Size: 1/10
Running Speed: 10/10
Walking Speed: 10/10
Air Speed: 10/10
Priority: 10/10
Attack Speed: 10/10
KO Power: 10/10
Shield: 10/10
Fall Speed: 5/10
# of Midair jumps: 861
Recovery: 10/10
----------------------------
All buttons: Destroy. Waddle Dee blinks, and the opponent is KO'd instantly 100% of the time.

Final Smash: Fourth Wall Killer. Waddle Dee rips the opponent's head off, then jumps out of the screen and destroys Earth in 1/4 second.
------------------------------
SNAKE CODEC:

Snake: Hey Mei Ling, I have-*is beaten to death by Waddle dee's adorable feet*
Mei Ling: ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY WADDLE DEE!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Trophy information:

Waddle Dee is an unkillable enemy from the Kirby games. When you see one, you might as well turn off the game and kill yourself before it comes out of the TV and strangles you to death with its mind. In Brawl, Waddle Dee is just as epically broken.

Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby Super Star

Akiak

Smash Ace
Spade thats how it is. You post tons of movesets in 1 contest but they are all nothing more than decent. You should post less movesets, but with more detail and originality. Thats what I'm focusing on too this year.

Also I can guarantee Dexter is going to be my best moveset so far. Although itll take some time till I post it.

And dont you guys think there should be a seperate award for the boss movesets this time.

EDIT: lol at Waddle Dee. Best joke moveset EVUR!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm not the only person who thinks Gyarados would make a sweet boss, eh?

I made a regular Gyarados boss for my MYM 3 SSE.

This one's a lot more detailed then your other works, but it needs info on damage and knockback. Stick that in there and it's among the better bosses in the thread. Making bosses seems to be more your specialty then movesets, as was also proven by your Stallord boss in MYM 3.

Separate contest for bosses? Kay. *Enters MYM 3 SSE Bosses and my MYM 4 SSE Bosses*

True Dracula > You

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That's what I was trying to get at, actually. That there's that golden, magic number of 'sets that's an ideal number to post. And if you keep posting them, then inevitably some of them would get overshadowed.
I'd say it's five or six. I posted six movesets in 3.0 and all of them were on the Top 50, so...

But I ended up holding it back for now. . .Despite the fact it probably would've gotten a lot more attention in MYM 3. Curse you K. Rool and Mendez for saying it'd get more attention now!
In my defense, I actually thought it'd be better to save it and ensure you had a good contender in 4. That was before I saw Dimentio, of course. :laugh:

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Gyarados, now that I think about it, would be a perfect Pokemon boss.

Boss contest, huh?

*begins brainstorming ideas for the Koopalings*

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Hey guys I have been working on my Groundskeeper Willie moveset and I'm not finish yet. It's still in production. But however I wanted to show you some of it on what I have done so far. Tell me what you think so far.

Stats

Size: 6/10 - Size of Captain Falcon only more muscular.
Weight: 5/10 - With such a muscular body he is pretty much medium weight.
Jumping: 4/10 - Jumps good but lacks on jumping higher.
Speed: 5/10 - With good leg muscle he can run good.
Power: 7/10 - Don't mess with a scotsman. Willie is very powerful when it comes to his anger. He attacks very strong, but not like as much as Bowser or DK.

Standard Attacks

A-A: Scotsman's Rake - Groundskeeper Willie swipes his rake at a character both at the dealing with 5%. If done a second time it will deal with 8%. This can be done over if you keep pressing the buttons rapidly.

Up Tilt: *Still thinking*

Side Tilt: Scottish Fists - Groundskeeper Willie pulls his arms back and swings both of his arms slamming both of his fists together. This gives a Character 9% and sometimes a force will appear if done strong enough.

Down Tilt: Scotland's Smash - Groundskeeper Willie raises his arms into the air and slams down creating a tremor which will make characters stop for a second. If the Character is close though. They revive damage.

That's it so farr....more will come soon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not the only person who thinks Gyarados would make a sweet boss, eh?

I made a regular Gyarados boss for my MYM 3 SSE.

This one's a lot more detailed then your other works, but it needs info on damage and knockback. Stick that in there and it's among the better bosses in the thread. Making bosses seems to be more your specialty then movesets, as was also proven by your Stallord boss in MYM 3.

Separate contest for bosses? Kay. *Enters MYM 3 SSE Bosses and my MYM 4 SSE Bosses*

True Dracula > You
Well boss movesets are easier to make since all you basically have to do is show the boss's stamina and attacks. Of course, I do like to challenge myself into making playable character movesets. Problem is, it's not easy for me to be precise with my attack descriptions. Of course, I've been trying to be as accurate as possible for Werehog Sonic and May. This will also apply when I start doing the moveset for Wolf Link and Midna.

Regarding damage percentages, they're already displayed on Gyarados's attack set.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of bosses, I have one in the works for my SSE....

Three words, guys. Three little words that will blow thine minds (hopefully).

Shoop. Da. Mentio.

How you like dem apples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom