• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I prefer RPG games and RTS games as well in most cases, but they've gotta have a good story to move them along. I still love traditional games as well though. Only thing I really can't stand are puzzle games and FPSes.

HALO SUCKS.

Your opinion is no longer valid.

ON TOPIC: Black Doom Review is up. Ashencroft and/or Mach Rider tomorrow.
Awesome. I'm looking forward to that review.

Halo doesn't suck persay. Its just a bland generic shooter with annoying fanboys. Every Nazi in the world plays Halo online.

I agree. Banjo>DK

I don't like puzzle games either. But I would much rather play that than the majority of casual games and all sports games.

I can tolerate FPS's. I just wish they'ld make more creative ones. I want to see what a longbow headshot looks like. :bee:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Chief Mendez: And THAT's the reason for my obsession with books!
Tut tut. You have much to learn, I see.

The mark of a true master is to not let your personal experiences interfere with your professional endeavors. Myself? I work with bird sh*t four days of the week. And yet in none of my posting here have I mentioned this facet of my life. Least of all in an actual moveset.

@Chris: There's stuff like that out there. You just need to look. For example, in both of these games, you can score headshots with longbows. The former even has two sequels. :bee:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Okay, so here my replies to several topics which were part of this discussion while I was asleep/working:

@Gilgamesh:
He may be a secret boss in FF XII, HOWEVER, he is a storyline boss in FF V, making your argument not valid, Cruxis.

@Alucard:
Awesomeness! I can't wait to read it in detail!

@Samus X:
Same as Alucard - specially for a first moveset.

@that banned guy:
Seriously, guys... don't feed the troll(s). >.<"
That's exactly what they want, getting your attention and making you upset. >_>"

@Little Icon Things:
Yeah, what Mendez said. They are just for showoff. If you want one, best ask KingK.Rool, SirKibble or me. Or something.

I would've answered several questions and all, but as said, I was in bed respectively working. So ya.
But he wasnt as cool enough until FF12 so it still stands. lol

Akiak

Smash Ace
I decided to stop my Deoxys moveset and go with Dexter. Deoxys started to annoy me and I didnt get that far anyway.

For Dexter I came up with some fun ideas: Time machine, portal, robots, jetpacks etc.

Oh yeah and thanks K.rool for the help really appreciate it. I posted my moveset there.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Gil only played a role in FF 5 as you said. But he appeared in 1, 8, 9, and 12 as either an optional boss, reference, or summon. So it makes him anything else but a stable story villian.
Yeah, the polar opposite of Doctor Cid, right? :p

Sephiroth's only been the "stable story villain" of one game, but has appeared several other times in cameos/boss fights that were totally plot-exlusive. Ultima from Tactics. Zeromus.

I could go on, but I think my point has been proves: you is wrong, and Gilgamesh is the sh*t. :bee:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Yeah, the polar opposite of Doctor Cid, right? :p

Sephiroth's only been the "stable story villain" of one game, but has appeared several other times in cameos/boss fights that were totally plot-exlusive. Ultima from Tactics. Zeromus.

I could go on, but I think my point has been proves: you is wrong, and Gilgamesh is the sh*t. :bee:
Touche. But the only real way to settle this is by making a Gilgamesh AND Doctor Cid moveset. By the way, I was no longer arguing that Cid was the best story villian, I was merely opposing the fact that Gilgamesh is a stable story villian, so enough said. I know he is the s***, but I am talking about status here, man.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Mendez did you already post your Deoxys moveset?
No he didn't. AFAIK he scrapped the idea halfway through.

Edit:
I think I'll finish up Jonathan and Charlotte's Specials, Throws, Situationals and Final Smashes today. Then there's only the extras left. Woo.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
No he didn't. AFAIK he scrapped the idea halfway through.

Edit:
I think I'll finish up Jonathan and Charlotte's Specials, Throws, Situationals and Final Smashes today. Then there's only the extras left. Woo.
Can't wait, dude. They look awesome. I was making a team image for them for my SSE and it turned out cool.

Edit: lol. Jonathan's last name is my first name. Epic.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wha? I just don't want to deplete all of my moveset goodness in a whole 2 weeks! Especially as I want J&C to be those which will be remembered like Dracula and Cervantes always will be remembered! ;-;

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
What, Final Fantasay talk? I COMPREHEND.

FF5 Gilgamesh would NOT make a great boss character. Maybe he'd be great as a joke moveset character, with each move doing 1% damage (Excalipur!). But you might as well have Ultros as a boss character then.

Come to think of it, I would approve of Ultros. A lot of his quotes could carry over (when grabbing characters with tentacles, "Muscleheads? Hate 'em!" to heavyweights, "What a delicious moresel! Let me get my bib!" to attractive humanoid females, and "Seafood Soup!" whenever hit by a fire attack, for instance) , and if you had to fight him on a raft floating on swiftly flowing rapids that would be a good setting.

ANYWAYS, Final Fantasy fanboy talk aside, anyone want to make me those nifty button thingies? All the cool kids have them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, before I actually get to Wolf Link and Midna, I had an idea for a boss.

My first boss moveset for this contest will be for the infamous Red Gyarados. I'll host it after a few hours or so.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
What, Final Fantasay talk? I COMPREHEND.

FF5 Gilgamesh would NOT make a great boss character. Maybe he'd be great as a joke moveset character, with each move doing 1% damage (Excalipur!). But you might as well have Ultros as a boss character then.

Come to think of it, I would approve of Ultros. A lot of his quotes could carry over (when grabbing characters with tentacles, "Muscleheads? Hate 'em!" to heavyweights, "What a delicious moresel! Let me get my bib!" to attractive humanoid females, and "Seafood Soup!" whenever hit by a fire attack, for instance) , and if you had to fight him on a raft floating on swiftly flowing rapids that would be a good setting.

ANYWAYS, Final Fantasy fanboy talk aside, anyone want to make me those nifty button thingies? All the cool kids have them.
Sure, I will help you out.

@Spade: Jokes. Jokes.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Mendez did you already post your Deoxys moveset?
Nope, not yet. Technically it's still on track. It's finished and all...but I'm still up in the air about posting it or not.

I'm looking back on it, and I'm just not entirely satisfied. Also I don't really have the time or will to go back and fix things up, so...we'll see.

Wha? I just don't want to deplete all of my moveset goodness in a whole 2 weeks!
I've realized that though...you've posted, what, like...four movesets? And man, this thread's only been open for a little over a week.

You're stuff's gotten better from the last thread, but...I think eventually you're going to hit a saturation point. And sooner rather than later, at the pace you're moving here. :urg:

Didn't he...get stronger or something later on? I barely played V at all, so I have no idea what I'm talking about beyond what a friend's told me of it.

Come to think of it, I would approve of Ultros.
As would I, friend. As would I. :bee:
See? There are still oodles of Final Fantasy stuff for you to work your undefinable magic on!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Why, oh why must 20 pages go by when i'm asleep? has anything amazing happened?

Note: I still want opinions from you people who I should do? Should I do The Underdogs (Rattata, Sentret and Taillow) or E-123 Omega for my next moveset?

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace

Note: I still want opinions from you people who I should do? Should I do The Underdogs (Rattata, Sentret and Taillow) or E-123 Omega for my next moveset?
Alucard has been posted
Aladdin has ben posted
Uhhhh I guess you werent here when Mach Rider was posted
A moderator came by and hinted to make a moveset or not

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That was discouraging. I expected something warming from a judgemaster.
Well I ain't gonna' coddle the guy. >.>
That's Kibble's job, if I remember correctly.

The Earth exploded.

...Didn't you notice?

I don't even really know who E-123 is other than that he/she/it is probably a Sonic character, and I still say that.

The other option just sounds...kinda' boring, to be honest. :ohwell:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

Ahnil-Charge ahnil-charge ahnil-charge!

There's you answer.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Well that isn't YOUR job either. I believe its MasterWarlord's, but whatever. You pretty much said that Spadefox can only go so far with his success, as if there is a limit to what one can do. I beg to differ. As long as there is an endless amount of characters, there will always be room for more greatness. Sorry if I come across as harsh stating this, but I really can't stand it when people say someone has limitations.

We got a black president for Christ's sake.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I think Spade would be the first one to tell you that he had a problem with "quantity over quality" in the previous thread. Aside from the Kovomoka Students and maybe Gilius (though that's just my personal preference), none of his other 'sets really stood out from the pack. And as a result...

Of course, I could be wrong, and I could be bashing the crap out of the guy for nothing. In which case my bad.

EDIT -

@frogman: Oh I'm not saying they'd be boring or anything. I think we've pretty much established that any Pokemon can be made well and good by this point. But really...well, speaking personally, I don't think I'd want to read that 'set, simply because those are three really boring Pokemon.

That's all.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I think Spade would be the first one to tell you that he had a problem with "quantity over quality" in the previous thread. Aside from the Kovomoka Students and maybe Gilius (though that's just my personal preference), none of his other 'sets really stood out from the pack. And as a result...

Of course, I could be wrong, and I could be bashing the crap out of the guy for nothing. In which case my bad.
Just ignore me in this matter. I tend to babble about the very few things that bother me. So the bad is entirely mine.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Well that isn't YOUR job either. I believe its MasterWarlord's, but whatever. You pretty much said that Spadefox can only go so far with his success, as if there is a limit to what one can do. I beg to differ. As long as there is an endless amount of characters, there will always be room for more greatness. Sorry if I come across as harsh stating this, but I really can't stand it when people say someone can only go so far.
I think he meant Spadeofox was going to burn-out, or reach a writer's block if he kept making movesets at his current pace

E-123 Omega: I absolutely loath him. The ONE character Sega actually kills off in a way that they couldn't possibly come back, and they decide to just include a slightly beefier looking version of him in Sonic Heroes. Plus they remove the only character element that made e-102 worth playing in the first place, the fact he was an animal trapped in a robot.

It's even worse than when they decided Shadow wasn't dead.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
That's Kibble's job, if I remember correctly.
*sigh*

I always gotta be the nice Sandbag...

Well that isn't YOUR job either. I believe its MasterWarlord's, but whatever. You pretty much said that Spadefox can only go so far with his success, as if there is a limit to what one can do. I beg to differ. As long as there is an endless amount of characters, there will always be room for more greatness. Sorry if I come across as harsh stating this, but I really can't stand it when people say someone has limitations.
There is a limit to how far someone can go if they move too fast. These contests are constantly evolving. That's what gives us the ability to keep making movesets. If someone makes 100 movesets this contest, then only the first [some number] of them will actually be worth reading, unless they are one of those people that pushes us to evolution, which isn't impossible, but it usually takes an effort from multiple users like that.

2. Boring/generic pokemon = unique movesets....?*Always expect the unexpected*
We shall see.

(That's a vote for the Underdogs.)

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I think he meant Spadeofox was going to burn-out, or reach a writer's block if he kept making movesets at his current pace
Yes, I got the gist of what he said, and my reply still stands, but I have dropped it. Writer's block isn't an eternal disability, anyway.

Edit: @Kibble: Understood, but take note that he could have been planning these movesets all along, maybe during 3.0, so speed wouldn't be the case.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Oh, and I forgot to mention that the trio will NOT be like pokemon trainer, the 3 pokemon will out at the same time and they have to rely on each other to make stronger and more effective moves.

I hate pokemon trainers switching anyway.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
thanks, Cruxis.

yup. Just because I keep complaining about the oodles of source material to consider for Moogle and the standards I'm setting for Haruhi et al. doesn't mean I'm gonna get them done any time soon. I also submitted 4 movesets and I'm worried about burning out as well.

I'll probably submit them some time during Christmas Break.

must....have....buttons!

Oh, and yeah, Gilgamesh got stronger in FF5. Later, he becomes your friend. Go figure.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
thanks, Cruxis.

yup. Just because I keep complaining about the oodles of source material to consider for Moogle and the standards I'm setting for Haruhi et al. doesn't mean I'm gonna get them done any time soon. I also submitted 4 movesets and I'm worried about burning out as well.

I'll probably submit them some time during Christmas Break.

must....have....buttons!

Oh, and yeah, Gilgamesh got stronger in FF5. Later, he becomes your friend. Go figure.
Soooo you need any made now?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Gee.

I didn't intend to do more than 6 or 7 movesets for this contest. And 7 only if I'm REALLY in NEED to post something.

Sure, I wrote a lot of movesets during the past week, and I won't create so many more like I did in MYM 3. That's something I can assure you of. When I'm done with those movesets I want to include in this contest, I will start working on my SSE, maybe even make a full one, and work for my entries on MYM 5. That's how I'll fare in this contest. I'll try to help with my experience - I was around since MYM 2, even when I was one of the last people to join.
So yea. You ARE bashing the crap out of me for nothing. Cornell won't probably even submitted this year, but rather when I have Castlevania Judgment, so I can pull stuff from there (as I have lost my Castlevania 64 cartridge. Curse you, moving!). Or at least more videos than just 2 clips in the trailer showing him doing a couple 'o attacks on YouTube.

You see, I submitted only one moveset in MYM 2 and horribly lost. I submitted a whole lot in MYM 3 and horribly lost. I will post just the right amount now, and not anymore.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Gee.

I didn't intend to do more than 6 or 7 movesets for this contest. And 7 only if I'm REALLY in NEED to post something.

Sure, I wrote a lot of movesets during the past week, and I won't create so many more like I did in MYM 3. That's something I can assure you of. When I'm done with those movesets I want to include in this contest, I will start working on my SSE, maybe even make a full one, and work for my entries on MYM 5. That's how I'll fare in this contest. I'll try to help with my experience - I was around since MYM 2, even when I was one of the last people to join.
So yea. You ARE bashing the crap out of me for nothing. Cornell won't probably even submitted this year, but rather when I have Castlevania Judgment, so I can pull stuff from there (as I have lost my Castlevania 64 cartridge. Curse you, moving!). Or at least more videos than just 2 clips in the trailer showing him doing a couple 'o attacks on YouTube.

You see, I submitted only one moveset in MYM 2 and horribly lost. I submitted a whole lot in MYM 3 and horribly lost. I will post just the right amount now, and not anymore.
Yep. Just like Naruto. But sometimes, you just gotta BELIEVE IT! *runs*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That's what I was trying to get at, actually. That there's that golden, magic number of 'sets that's an ideal number to post. And if you keep posting them, then inevitably some of them would get overshadowed.

So at the start of this whole conversation (when I didn't know you were writing an SSE, mind), I was saying that when you consider the pace you've been submitting movesets at so far, you'd probably end up going over that magical number again, like in the last thread.

No hard feelings? I'm sorry.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, of course you wouldn't know, Mr EXTRA SKIPPER! :bee:

I know what you mean, though, and as far as I gathered, this is how MasterWarlord will fare, as well... he has posted the grand of his movesets already and now focusses on his SSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom