• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Mendez
I might pick up a CV game some time.
What genre is it? (In other words, whats the game play like?)
Are you seriously 9? No wonder your taste in music is so horrible.
If you do I'd recommend starting with either Portrait of Ruin or Dawn of Sorrow, both on DS.

Like Tanookie said, the newer games (every one made after Symphony of the Night on the PSone) are in the style of Metroid, where you basically roam around at your leisure, exploring things. Unlike Metroid, you gain EXP for slaying monsters in CV, as well as collect various weapons, equipment, and so on. So it's like if you combined Super Metroid with Final Fantasy, and set in in a gothic demon castle.

The ones prior to Symphony, on the other hand, are more like...slower-paced Mega Man or Ninja Gaiden games. They're still tons of fun (and Super Castlevania IV is still my favorite in the series), but generally the "Metroidvania" games are far and beyond the better games.

Really, they're tons of fun. I guarantee you'll love them.

Also yes I'm totally 9 years old. I graduated from Yale last Spring.

Oh snap, there really is a first time for everything. That's the first time a mod's ever been on an MYM thread, yes?
Pretty sure you're right. It has been getting pretty bad, actually.

Maybe I'll just stop posting until I have something more concrete to contribute.

Though Mic should've seen some of the pages from late MYM3.0. :chuckle:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I played Banjo Tooie only, and I must say those timed Jig Saw puzzle things infuriated me.
I was actually talking about Banjo Tooie, as thats the only one I've played, but I thought that the whole series (with the exception of N&B) is like that.

On the topic of Disney Movesets, I defy someone to make a good moveset for:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Cough drop?

Anyway, you'd already linked him in to Aladdin, so I figured I'd just fill in the blanks there. Obviously, Aladdin's gonna be part of the jamboree. :bee:
Gilbert Gottfried should join in rather than Iago. You would be doing great justice.

@Mendez: Gilgamesh = DOES NOT COUNT

Junahu

Smash Ace
But I can see how some people would see it as a chore especially with some of the harder to get Jiggies...and I liked Donkey Kong 64, never beat it 100% but I liked it lots...stupid 200 Golden Bananas....
201 Golden Bananas. 101%

Seriously, how do you expect to get the super secret (worthless) ending without even knowing how many bananas you're after?

Edit: Gilgamesh totally counts, because he has awsome music.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Mendez: Gilgamesh = DOES NOT COUNT
You're right. If he did, there'd just be no contest, and that's simply not fair to General Leo.

Gilgamesh totally counts, because he has awsome music.
I paused my game and let the music loop for about a half hour when I found him in XII. :bee:

On-topic question: So...we all like "joke" movesets, right? And I don't do many any of them, right? Hmm...

EDIT - Christ Chris. Enough with the freaking Fire Emblem pictures! :psycho:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Cru: Psh. That makes me want to buy XII...but have you heard the Black Mages version? 'Tis righteous.

Enough about furries.

TO BE BLUNT

The next moveset I'll post will either be a "joke" moveset, or Deoxys. Anybody have any preference? The early bird catches the worm on this one...

EDIT -

@Chris: Well hello Mister Fancypants. I say that would be an awesome idea for a 'set--if it weren't fully and totally impossible.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Shweeeeeeet
If that "Shweeeeeeet" is directed at my forthcoming "joke" moveset, then hold thy horses. I'm 98.3% sure that 389.1% of you all won't recognize the guy.

Hopefully the actual moveset makes up for that though. :laugh:
He is the best boss of all time, after all.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
If that "Shweeeeeeet" is directed at my forthcoming "joke" moveset, then hold thy horses. I'm 98.3% sure that 389.1% of you all won't recognize the guy.

Hopefully the actual moveset makes up for that though. :laugh:
He is the best boss of all time, after all.
It was toward the Black Mages remix :psycho:

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I enjoyed both Banjo games immensely (as if my first moveset wasn't proof enough) and I loved every moment of "collect-the-thingy" goodness.

DK64 on the other hand, was nothing BUT a giant collect-a-thon. It really just felt like a dumbed down Banjo with a bigger cast.
But I still got all 201 bananas like the completionist ***** that I am

But it's true that exploration games are generally much more entertaining than collection games.

Segue to...

The "Metroidvania" games are far and beyond the better games.

Really, they're tons of fun. I guarantee you'll love them.
QFT. Also because I'm glad I'm not the only person who uses the term "Metroidvania". Symphony of the Night is easily in my top 5 games of all time.

Hey look, a transition back on topic to....
Alucard = epic win. Absolutely perfect, and while potentially overpowered, he feels like a much more balanced fit than Dracula himself.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
DK64 on the other hand, was nothing BUT a giant collect-a-thon. It really just felt like a dumbed down Banjo with a bigger cast.
But I still got all 201 bananas like the completionist ***** that I am
And yet, I still feel like its the best DK game ever...

Needless to say, I really hate the Donkey Kong series.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Did you not play ANY of the Donkey Kong Country games?!?
Sad times for you.

And I wasn't saying DK64 was bad, it just wasn't as good as its prequels or the game it more or less stole the control scheme from.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I don't even know why I have DK64 to be honest.... I can't remember my reason for getting it on my 64.

I've always hated annoying apes/gorillas/monkeys etc. with the only exception being lemurs.

Naturally, I hate the DK series.

Plus most of the games are Mario Bros. style, and I despise that. I like games where your brain actually matters some (in other words games that have tactical value.)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Hey just a question:

How do you guys make those rectangular boxes that have the picture/name of a certain character?

A lot of people seem to have it for MYM 4.

Just my scrubby question for today >_>

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Hey just a question:

How do you guys make those rectangular boxes that have the picture/name of a certain character?

A lot of people seem to have it for MYM 4.

Just my scrubby question for today >_>
Ask someone to make them for you.

SirKibble, King K. Rool (I think), and TWILTHERO have the ability to make them if I'm not mistaken.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It's just for show, PowerBomb. I don't do it, myself, but it is a pretty popular trend nowadays. Honestly it's not a difficult process to do yourself, either. You really don't need to get someone else to do it for you.

All you need to do is be able to resize a picture then manually draw a black border and text using a 1-pixel painting tool. It's easily done in even something as bare-bones as Microsoft Paint.

@you other people: Jungle Beat > anything Rare made

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It's just for show, PowerBomb. I don't do it, myself, but it is a pretty popular trend nowadays. Honestly it's not a difficult process to do yourself, either. You really don't need to get someone else to do it for you.

All you need to do is be able to resize a picture then manually draw a black border and text using a 1-pixel painting tool. It's easily done in even something as bare-bones as Microsoft Paint.

Ok. Thanks for answering, I'll just keep the links in the text xP

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I don't even know why I have DK64 to be honest.... I can't remember my reason for getting it on my 64.

I've always hated annoying apes/gorillas/monkeys etc. with the only exception being lemurs.

Naturally, I hate the DK series.

Plus most of the games are Mario Bros. style, and I despise that. I like games where your brain actually matters some (in other words games that have tactical value.)
I prefer RPG games and RTS games as well in most cases, but they've gotta have a good story to move them along. I still love traditional games as well though. Only thing I really can't stand are puzzle games and FPSes.

HALO SUCKS.

Your opinion is no longer valid.

ON TOPIC: Black Doom Review is up. Ashencroft and/or Mach Rider tomorrow.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
@powerbomb: I make them too, and trust me on this. Do not listen to Mendez. You cannot make them yourself, especially with something as free as paint. You need expensive editing software. For a small fee, i can make them for you.

JK. You can do it but i can still do it if you want. For free.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
In all honesty, Halo is a fine game. I like it. One of the best shooters I've ever played.

But it's so terribly overrated that it makes me want to vomit. I hate it's fanyboys with a burning passion. All the stereotypical jocks I go on about play video games. . .But only Halo. Which is why I play it, cause that's all the people IRL around me will play.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Halo is okay in and of itself. But there are a couple things you can do to make it ABSOLUTELY EPIC!!

1) Run into the biggest non-friendly thing you can find multiple times, and notice the different ways Master Chief's body can contort itself.

2) Kill your friend strictly with hammers and swords.

3) After said kill, if your friend is still on the stage, beat them until they fall off the nearest edge. Pay no mind to the fact that they will undoubtedly seek revenge during this period.

4) Beat your friend's dead body to roll it down a corridor or hallway.

5) Kamikaze. Nuff said.

6) Have no idea what you're doing.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. It's also best as part of a ritual we call "Man Day," but that's another topic entirely. It was the only thing that convinced me I didn't dislike Halo.

Every kill requires a top-of-the-lungs, deep-voiced scream of "MAN DAY!!!" and the resulting gameplay is nothing short of epic. No one likes getting told they were killed because it's Man Day.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yes.... I wonder who called him in. I highly doubt he's here to make a moveset.
I'd make a moveset for G-man, but it'd be very similar, and useless for combat.

Neutral Special: Appear from around a corner
Forward Special: Walk around corner and vanish
Down Special: Vanish and appear in the background of the stage
Up Special: Magical Hovercraft lifts him up

Final Smash: Hires you and places you in stasis for 10 years, to which you wake up in a post apocalyptic world.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'd make a moveset for G-man
And I'd love you forever. :bee: His dash would be riding a suddenly-there tram.

EDIT - Your post count scares me.

@Halo: Yeah well. Lots of games are hyped that don't necessarily deserve it. Halo's not one of them. Bungie's still putting out new maps for the 3rd game, which is unheard of for a game like that. Seriously, I dare you to find me a more refined, smoother-playing FPS on a home console.
Jungle Beat's still better though.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
And I'd love you forever. :bee: His dash would be riding a suddenly-there tram.

EDIT - Your post count scares me.

@Halo: Yeah well. Lots of games are hyped that don't necessarily deserve it. Halo's not one of them. Bungie's still putting out new maps for the 3rd game, which is unheard of for a game like that. Seriously, I dare you to find me a more refined, smoother-playing FPS on a home console.
Jungle Beat's still better though.
Here comes an original character:

Master Chief Mendez

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay, so here my replies to several topics which were part of this discussion while I was asleep/working:

@Gilgamesh:
He may be a secret boss in FF XII, HOWEVER, he is a storyline boss in FF V, making your argument not valid, Cruxis.

@Alucard:
Awesomeness! I can't wait to read it in detail!

@Samus X:
Same as Alucard - specially for a first moveset.

@that banned guy:
Seriously, guys... don't feed the troll(s). >.<"
That's exactly what they want, getting your attention and making you upset. >_>"

@Little Icon Things:
Yeah, what Mendez said. They are just for showoff. If you want one, best ask KingK.Rool, SirKibble or me. Or something.

I would've answered several questions and all, but as said, I was in bed respectively working. So ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom