• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

pockyD

Smash Legend
but by that point, it's too late, as the rankings have already been released

if that happens, it's because the panelists failed or didn't care

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
South-East, Bucks County.

Melomaniacal (Melo)
AIM: ADBCrazyLegs
E-mail: urbangrind@comcast.net
Cell#:215-932-7715

Little bit of information about player:

I main Ice Climbers, Lucario, and Fox. Playing primarily Brawl now.
My cell phone is rarely on me, so calling it would be unreliable. I am (obviously) living at home with my parents.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Just wondering, anyone have any idea when the next big philly melee tournament will be? I couldn't go to spoc because I have finals a week after everyone else. :( this sucks. I never get to play the rest of pa.

I should expect to see some of you at that CT tournament in the beginning of january though, right?

Palpi

Smash Hero
Palpi
Aim: Palpi3k
Yahoo: Palpi3k
Email: DjPalpi@hotmail.com
Cell# 215-815-9484
Name: Tyler

Information: I have gone through many different mains, but I have stopped at in my opinion my best, being Ike. I am open to playing anyone at anytime if possible so either gimmie a ring or send me a msg.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Truth
Crew: Teched Out Enterprises
Area: Philadelphia County/Penn State University (main campus)
Email: jmh5481@psu.edu
Cell: 215-435-7824
Mains: Snake, Olimar, Falco, Luigi, Diddy, DK

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
my big concern about the eagles game is that dallas will be so far ahead of the rest of the division that they'll have no reason to play it seriously, and we'll be seeing brad johnson standing there getting teed off on (this is actually a serious concern of mine - same thing happened last year against the redskins)
Between 4:15-7:15 yesterday, I just couldn't stop thinking about this post. It's funny the way things work out sometimes. Especially, when it involves the Cowboys getting CRUSHED in epic fashion by the Eagles with a playoff spot on the line.

It's gonna be a fun off season in Dallas.

Also, I hope that Eagles team shows up to the post season and not the one that tied Cincinnati... or lost to the Skins (twice...)... or lost to the Bears... *sigh*.

/crosses fingers

pockyD

Smash Legend
dallas handed you that game =\

something like 24 straight points handed to you directly on turnovers, at least 2 of them which were while dallas was in scoring position

but yes, i'm a very sad panda right now

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Brawl rankings will be done next in around 5-6 weeks (right after CoT4), so start getting to tourneys and performing at your best

For this season we will allow players from areas outside of PA such as South Jersey to be ranked assuming they meet PA qualifications (attending atleast 3 tournies, where 2 of them must be in PA) as the location of Philly tournies is more convenient to them compared to central and north jersey tournies which are about twice the distance.

Noteable PA tournies coming up:
DSO Biweekly 4
**Clash of the Titans 4** - very important

Noteable tournies outside of PA coming up:
Inui and the B Button

Past PA tournies:
DSO Biweekly 2
Final Smash '08 *Needs full Tio results*
Smash Riot *Needs full Tio results*
Triple Smash *Atleast needs regular results, also needs full Tio results*
(Insert flashy name for tourney here) *Needs full tio results*
NEC 08
Chibo's We Need a Tourney
VGXPO Friday - very low weight
VGXPO Saturday
VGXPO Sunday *Needs full Tio results*

Past tournies outside of PA so far:
Various Blue Battle Circuit tourneys (6) (4) (3) (2) (1)
The impact that killed us all
hurricane meta
harry potter and planking meta

everyone plz post any tournies that i missed that PA players have attended

notice to north PA players: We need results! I dont have any full results for any of the tournies up there, and I need to know who is eligible from up there (atleast 3 tournies)

west PA players: is anyone active there? i've only seen one tourney this season - final smash 08 - which also needs full tio results to be counted

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Brawl rankings will be done next in around 5-6 weeks (right after CoT4), so start getting to tourneys and performing at your best

For this season we will allow players from areas outside of PA such as South Jersey to be ranked assuming they meet PA qualifications (attending atleast 3 tournies, where 2 of them must be in PA) as the location of Philly tournies is more convenient to them compared to central and north jersey tournies which are about twice the distance.

Noteable PA tournies coming up:
DSO Biweekly 4
**Clash of the Titans 4** - very important

Noteable tournies outside of PA coming up:
Inui and the B Button

Past PA tournies:
DSO Biweekly 2
Final Smash '08 *Needs full Tio results*
Smash Riot *Needs full Tio results*
Triple Smash *Atleast needs regular results, also needs full Tio results*
(Insert flashy name for tourney here) *Needs full tio results*
NEC 08
Chibo's We Need a Tourney
VGXPO Friday - very low weight
VGXPO Saturday
VGXPO Sunday *Needs full Tio results*

Past tournies outside of PA so far:
Various Blue Battle Circuit tourneys (6) (4) (3) (2) (1)
The impact that killed us all
hurricane meta
harry potter and planking meta

everyone plz post any tournies that i missed that PA players have attended

notice to north PA players: We need results! I dont have any full results for any of the tournies up there, and I need to know who is eligible from up there (atleast 3 tournies)

west PA players: is anyone active there? i've only seen one tourney this season - final smash 08 - which also needs full tio results to be counted
**** brawl, no one plays that **** over here

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Skyshroud (Sky)
AIM: Zer0Effectx
Email: myrrodin@hotmail.com
Name: Matt

Info: Just started to get into competitive Smash. I'm not good yet, but looking to learn. Unfortunately, there's not really a scene around here. I don't want to settle on a main until I get the core aspects down pat. Location is in Whitehall for now, but I will be going to college next year.

Milky

Smash Rookie
Tag: Milk
Aim: Almost Sk8r4L1fe E-Mail: LaLecheMilk@gmail.com
Current Location: South East PA, Montgomery County
School: Hatboro-Horsham High School
Cell: 215-776-3119 text please, im usually busy concentrating on something

I main Toon Link, but i can use falco, marth, and mario too. I can't drive anywhere yet because i don't have a car that i can use. I would like to attend tourneys but never have the chance too. im free to brawl almost every weekend. just text me. the brawl scene is pretty weak in my town and im trying to get my friends and other people from my school district to play. ill play for fun or competitively.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Skyshroud (Sky)
AIM: Zer0Effectx
Email: myrrodin@hotmail.com
Name: Matt

Info: Just started to get into competitive Smash. I'm not good yet, but looking to learn. Unfortunately, there's not really a scene around here. I don't want to settle on a main until I get the core aspects down pat. Location is in Whitehall for now, but I will be going to college next year.
I'm from Allentown, and I go to college in Bethlehem. And yeah, there's nothing around this area...

PA Player Locator

Smash Rookie
PA State Brawl Power Rankings - 2/12/09

1. AndyG
1. Vex Kasrani
3. Rogue Pit
4. ChiboSempai
5. Umbra
6. Xzax
7. Rush
8. Kruton
9. Truth
10. TUSM
11. UltimoDragon
12. Squall
13. Pav
14. Bnzaaa
15. .com

Note on first place tie: No one could come to the conclusion of who is a better player that deserves the top spot. Even after discussing the matter with both players, they would both like to be considered as equals on each other's level and not have to decide who is above the other at this time.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've definitely improved a lot since last season, but I actually dropped in rank though, but I don't mind since the only people ahead of me are fellow crew members who are great at this game :)

Just you wait though... I'm still comin' for that top spot!

Rocann

Smash Lord
As far as 1st place: I don't know lol

vex and I are like perfectly even, I won the head to head recently, but it was TOO close to be taken into consideration, he beat like azen at cot4 and outplaced me, but I lost to 2nd and 3rd so that can't really be looked at, and I guess I'm more consistent? idk in the end we'd rather just be seen as equal, I don't want to say that I'm better or worse than him and afaik it's the same with him toward me. all that matters is that we're teaming now and going to run train on the east coast

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It just seems so appropriate that ranks 1 and 2 and ranks 3 and 4 have formed solid teams lol

Since vex is primarily teaming with andy, id like to see xzax and rush try teaming. it could potentially be a terrifying duo

btw 9 of the 15 players on this list are ToS - get at us!
2 are from UFB and 4 are from ToE

Top Bottom