• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

pockyD

Smash Legend
Well really, "almost a little disappointed" amounts to me not being disappointed at all

I am sorry for letting you down though =\

GrammarPolice

Smash Rookie
Most of them have already been pointed out, though I suppose for the sake of PockyD's amusement, I should respond.

...well their's a fun fact
Edit: I'm irrationally satisfied with this post. I count 6.5, not counting punctuation or "barlw"
irregardless i could of cared less. arguing things like this are more pointless then playing barlw
"their's a fun fact" should be, "there's a fun fact"
"arguing things like this" should be, "arguing a thing like this" or "arguing things like these"
I would also say "things such as these," though I don't believe that there is anything technically wrong with using "like" in this case.
"could of" should be, "could have"
"could have cared less" implies that you cared some amount. I believe you meant "could not have cared less."
"irregardless" is not really proper English and should be "regardless" and should have a comma
"then" should be, "than"

Are you satisfied? What are you hoping to gain out of provoking me? I know you're not making legitimate mistakes, so I'd just like to know why I'm wasting my time. Is it just for your amusement?

pockyD

Smash Legend
yes i'm the kind of person who calls the cops to report a missing sock in the laundry room

also, "arguing things like this{or whatever you change it to} is"

GrammarPolice

Smash Rookie
yes i'm the kind of person who calls the cops to report a missing sock in the laundry room

also, "arguing things like this{or whatever you change it to} is"
That's good to know. I look forward to you nitpicking my posts in the future.

ChibiLoner

Smash Cadet
All right... I'm going to go for it! =P

ChibiLoner (Chibi) You could say I'm from Impact
AIM: ChibiLoner E-mail: ChibiLoner@hotmail.com
Current Location: Center City Philadelphia
School: University of the Arts
Originally from NJ. I'm a casual Brawl player (with a bit of a competitive side) that attends tourneys here and there. Though I'm not that good yet, I'd definitely like to improve!

erera265

Smash Cadet
SOUTH-EAST PENNSYLVANIA - Philadelphia County

tag: ZTG
aim: myera58, e-mail: tub67573@temple.edu
cellphone#: 215-275-8817, age: 20
I live in Northeast Philly and go to Temple university. Looking to meet people in my area that play competitively. I can talk about this game forever and I'm an excellent brawler. I've been playing on GameBattles for a while now. Call me, text me, or im me I don't care I just want to meet new people ;)

Scar

#HarveyDent
Well everyone, it's about that time again.

3 months have passed, and I don't know who has been active and who hasn't but we could definitely do another PA ranking, especially after SPOC if Pittsburgh can make it.

Not much will change, but Wes will be booted off the list, same with LK... maybe we'll put Will on the list, though he grossly underqualifies for activity...

We'll discuss in panel later. Also I assume we'll pick up new panelists.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Well everyone, it's about that time again.

3 months have passed, and I don't know who has been active and who hasn't but we could definitely do another PA ranking, especially after SPOC if Pittsburgh can make it.

Not much will change, but Wes will be booted off the list, same with LK... maybe we'll put Will on the list, though he grossly underqualifies for activity...

We'll discuss in panel later. Also I assume we'll pick up new panelists.
:bee: With those new developments, I may be able to make top 5-6ish?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea imo a lot will have changed.

a few ppl will drop, a few ppl will be added, and theres a lot of data with things like the 5 or so no johns tourneys, spoc, and more

Scar

#HarveyDent
I don't feel comfortable doing anything unless Pittsburgh is going to be a part of it, since otherwise it's not even a PA list.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
has pitts been active since we last saw em at tality4?
though even if pitts is inactive its still a pa rankings list. your considering all players, but only accepting those who are active. maybe you could wait until after final smash in late december since theyl have a big melee tourney in their area to help em out with rankings?

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
i'm almost certain there are active players from pittsb, just because some of them didn't go to some tourneys very recently doesn't necessarily mean they are inactive, simply means they couldn't make it to some events, other things come up all the time

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Workin on it

NOT SPAM OR BS LIKE USUAL

-TOURNEY SCENE (UPDATE)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cleveland event thats not escape NOV 22nd (cleveland)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200624

I WANNA GO AND HAVE A GREAT TURNOUT. ITS AS CLOSE AS THEY GET FOR US

Drivers so far:
John(vyke)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MID OF OHIO DEC 6th THX 4%!!!!(columbus)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204588

same venue and stuff. lets see if we can get confirmed for this as well..
THIS TOURNEY HAD WELL OVER 30 ENTRANTS FOR SINGLES

drivers so far:

SPOC DEC. 15th PHILLLY

drivers still waiting to be confirmed. I know that we probly wont be confirmed for a while if at all since the date is ****ty for us college folk here in pitts, but I wanna just keep the bug in ur ear about it guys.

so far Who i expect to be driving and/or have a decent chance to drive out there:

-ROB
-JOHN(and/or whoever else drives in butler)

*also Taki whats the update on ur license. do you think you'll be eligible for the long haul to Philly?

*Another FYI, I DO have my license and have had it for like 2-3 years now. When I volunteer to help drive its me offering my expertise and not just saying so to be nice. so like I WILL help if you want it.

we lost our venue from last year. Im looking into things but its difficult with school and work to hold anything large. I wish WV/upstate NY werent such a dead spots

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
yeah im sorry swiftbuddy, your sig disappoints me greatly and i feel that you could've definitely exerted a bit more effort to make it better, however, i must say for the venue issue, there are always others, im sure there is, just gotta talk to the right people ya know? i mean cmon!

xyt

Smash Lord
we went to middle of ohio III since smashtality 4.. but that's about it
we are possibly going to middle of ohio V and some of us are attending spoc VI
i should be enough for ranking purposes.. though i'm not sure.

Scar

#HarveyDent
xyt, yeah I think it will be, we'll make some activity exceptions and I'm sure no one has a problem with that, we know who our active PA players are.

@ Mow whatever, we're making a comeback. I haven't played as much smash as I do now since Brawl came out, so I'm pretty happy about that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thinkn about rankings (for melee or brawl players actually)
u should keep a track record of everything uv done in tourney written down somewhere so when its time for rankings u can just pull up that info and submit it to the panelists so u can be ranked accurately. for instance, im keeping my info on a All is Brawl blog page keeping the tourney name, date of the tourney, every win and loss, and any MMs at the tourney.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's really the panelists' jobs to be aware of results

...unless it's simply a ranking of people who really want to be ranked so they actually bother collecting their results, which leaves out 90% of the population

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the ppl being ranked can still help out the make the job easier and faster. not required, but highly reccomended

for example
person 1: why is person 2 above me? were similar in results AND i beat him
me: when?
person 1: random biweekly #9
me: where are the results for this?
person 1: *links to single post in a large thread w/ 8,000 replies (results were never put on AiB or tourney results forum)*

we simply cant be expected to follow every single tourney perfectly, everyone misses some things

Top Bottom