• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DINOMAFIA - Utahraptor banished. TOWN WINS!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I kind of agree with 104 that it may be the best day to test Rockin today, but it also puts us down an extra townie if he's real. I'm still thinking Lombo is our best bet because Rockin waited until SO late in the deadline time we don't have a chance to discuss the reality of his claim very much. Let's try to get some good discussion in the last several hours.
How can we test rockin today? He said he already used his power on yaya.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Votes Thus Far - D2

Rockin (4) - karthik_king, Yaya, 1048576, Mr.Lombardi34
Mr.Lombardi34 (3) - Marshy, Macman, Rockin
Yaya (1) - mentosman8

About 4 hours to deadline...

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I mean test by lynching, since it's a very suspicious claim... However, might as well(since McFox missed it last time) Unvote and Vote:Lombo... I think it's the safer decision.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Final Tally

Mr.Lombardi34 (5) - Macman, Rockin, mentosman8, Yaya, Niiro
Rockin (3) - karthik_king, 1048576, Mr.Lombardi34
Yaya (1) - mentosman8

The dinosaurs continue to try and work out strategies to out the meat-eaters, but nothing seems to stick. They are still concerned over the mistake they made the day before, and the loss of another herbivore during the previous night.

Finally, they decide to get rid of someone else who was supposed to have died out long ago.

He says that he is stronger than others, and that he will be able to survive. Some scoff at his claims, while others want to test it just to make sure.

He begins to swim for the mainland. But it's getting dark. The sun is setting, and yet he still continues to swim...

Mr.Lombardi34 (???, ???) has been banished from the island.

You have 48 hours from now (11:59pm Central, Monday, April 14th) to send in any night actions!

*EDIT HISTORY* Missed mentosman's vote for Lombo, so I added it onto the final tally.

*EDIT HISTORY 2* Derp, 48 hours from last night is MONDAY night at midnight, not tonight. It looks like the game may begin today anyway, but you still have another 24 hours to send in actions.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The dinosaurs awoke the next morning to find even more bodies.

First, they came across the tiny broken corpse of Rockin (Confuciusornis, investigative herbivore). His feathers had been shredded, and very little of him remained.

Then, they were very surprised to discover the humongous body of Mr.Lombardi34 (Tyrannosaurus Rex, independent serial killer). He had also been torn to ribbons for food. It looked as though he had had to fight predators in the water as he swam back to the island, weakening him by the time he returned.

The herbivores counted themselves lucky that such a dangerous threat as a Tyrannosaurus had been eliminated. But they knew that they weren't safe yet...

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3's deadline will be 11:59pm Central time, on Sunday, April 19th. Good luck...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
well then.
Rockin was telling the truth, and assuming his sanity was intact that clears Yaya and Marshy.

Also Lombo was an SK. I think he wasn't lying about his power cause:
It looked as though he had had to fight predators in the water as he swam back to the island, weakening him by the time he returned.
Thoughts?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, happy to see maf made the mistake of killing our "clear' and lombo hit or suspicious cop claim... Assuming he was sane that now gives us 2 clears. With the game where it's at now it may not be a terrible time for a role-claim to try and oust the remaining mafia. What is everyone's thoughts on that?

Smash Master
There's eight of us and only two maf. I'm not sold on roleclaiming just yet, especially since we'll only lose one of our cleared townies tomorrow.

If we miss today, we'll still have four townies to two scum, which will make the roleclaim much easier.

Also, I'd rather not claim my role just yet...

Of course, if someone forms a good argument, I'll participate.

Smash Master
All of this is assuming three mafia of course, which I've been doing ever since I argued with KevinM about whether losing a cop and a scum is good or bad for town. I guess we'll find out, huh :)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
104, I agree it doesn't neceassarily hurt to mislynch today. I won't push a roleclaim, I just want people's position on it. However, we also need to decide whether to assume that rockin was sane or not. When I made my last post, I didn't think of it, so my thought is that while we have the mislynch, a roleclaim could raise ccs to them allowing us to test the sanity without lynching potential clears

Smash Master
Well, it's hard to argue the drawbacks without giving mafia ideas as to what role to claim, assuming they haven't already discussed it.

What's a cc?

I think the odds of Rockin being insane are low enough that we can basically discard the possiblility. He might be naive, though, or we might have a godfather, which essentially renders his testimony worhtless.

I've never played mafia before. Are naive/paranoid/insane cops common on smashboards?

I think if we don't have other cops, then we can trust that Rockin is a real cop.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cc=counter-claim

As for if insane/whatever cops are common, not entirely, but a game with 2 sane cops without very heavy anti-town lineup is generally pretty town-sided. Unfortunately with our other cop having died before getting any info, we have no way to test sanity. I think its very possible one of the cops was not sane, its just a matter of deciding which one.

Smash Master
When you say, "not sane" are you including naive and paranoid, or just insane?

Niiro

Smash Ace
So, Yaya is good, cuz rockin investigated him, and rockin is infact a townie. So who else does that leave?

Smash Master
Well, there is the possibility that Rockin is a naive cop, no?

I agree that we should probably trust his claims, though, at least for now.

Pythag and mentosman have had similar dinos from the get-go.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Niiro, contrary to what I originally said and thought, Yaya and Marshy are not clear. I forgot of the possibility that Rockin was insane or naive, which is very possible being that there were two cops in this game(at least). So right now we've got nothing.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Okay, I am highly suspisious of 3 people, (Pythag, Mentosman, macman)
Pythag and Mentosman have the same dino, so one of them is a liar.
Macman has a similar dino to KevinM, but they are kinda diffrents so iono.
fos: MacMan, Mentosman, Pythag

Smash Master
Niiro, contrary to what I originally said and thought, Yaya and Marshy are not clear. I forgot of the possibility that Rockin was insane or naive, which is very possible being that there were two cops in this game(at least). So right now we've got nothing.
Or that there is a godfather dino...

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Niiro, if you kept up with the thread, A there were 3 sets of similar claims, so if you believe either me or Pythag have to be maf, and Macman, then yaya must be too for being similar to Rockin. Failed FoSing. Also, it has been pointed out that it is arguable that my and Pythag's dinos could be put into their own seperate genus A, and B are NOT the same species, just from the same family. Not to say he isn't maf, but that's a terrible reason to suspect someone at this point.

Smash Master
Wait, you guys aren't the same genus? Can I see a quote for that, since I don't remember reading it, so I wouldn't know which pages to skim.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
We are the same genus which A =/= same dino, and B, what I was saying before, if you look up the Giraffatitan, it is arguable that is belongs in it's own genus instead of being in the same as the Brachiosaurus. The main point though is that that's a terrible reason to FoS people, as if that was good reasoning we would have to have 3 maf left(Yaya very similar to Rockin, Macman to Kevin, and me to Pythag) which is highly unlikely.

Niiro

Smash Ace
We are the same genus which A =/= same dino, and B, what I was saying before, if you look up the Giraffatitan, it is arguable that is belongs in it's own genus instead of being in the same as the Brachiosaurus. The main point though is that that's a terrible reason to FoS people, as if that was good reasoning we would have to have 3 maf left(Yaya very similar to Rockin, Macman to Kevin, and me to Pythag) which is highly unlikely.
I doubt McFox would give (almost) everyone clearly diffrent dinosaurs, while giving two people a dinosaur with the same genus. I am sure one of you is telling the truth, and that the other guy just got lazy/overconfident/careless and just choose a semi-conspicuous dino that they know. I'm am pretty confident about Yaya, because Rockin did check him, but on Macman, I really don't know what to think. At first I thought that maybe they had similar power-roles, but to me, 3 cops in on game is pretty ridiculous. But he might have another power role ( i dont want to speculate, because i dont want the mafia getting any more important kills), so that's why I don't know what to think about him.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
If there are 3 groups of similar claims, obviously McFox WOULD give two people similar dinos. If you believe Yaya to be town because of Rockin's investigation, you can't use that reasoning to determine who you think is mafia. It's a contradiction to believe Yaya and Rockin can be so close but the other similar sets can't be.

Niiro

Smash Ace
If there are 3 groups of similar claims, obviously McFox WOULD give two people similar dinos. If you believe Yaya to be town because of Rockin's investigation, you can't use that reasoning to determine who you think is mafia. It's a contradiction to believe Yaya and Rockin can be so close but the other similar sets can't be.
Yes, he would give you similar dinos if you were in the same group. But dinos from the same genus? He could have given you or the other guy another big dino. Also at the part where you say "If you believe Yaya to be town because of rockin's investigation, you can't use that reasoning to determine who you think is mafia." I am not to sure what you are trying to get. I'm just stating that even though I know Yaya and Rockin are similar, Yaya turned up townie by a cop, and Rockin turned up townie by....dying. That just leaves 2 pairs of unncannily alike dinosaurs, Pythag and you, and Macman and KevinM.

Smash Master
Also, you guys are more simlar than the other pairs, by being in the same genus.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would really like to hear from some of the other players... It's been pretty much entirely me and 104 discussing followed by brief debating with Niiro... Where are our other people?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
What are you guys' takes on Rockin's sanity? Should we assume Marshy and Yaya are clear or is he not sane? What are your takes on a roleclaim now vs tomorrow? Your thoughts on whether it's reasonable to be suspicious of the remaining similar dino claims? There's been a lot of things that I think we should get everyone's opinion on before we move forward. The point about Rockin's sanity we were discussing is very important in where we go from here. It may not have been a huge discussion, but it's hard to discuss these kind of things with only two people.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
yeah macman i think lombo was telling the truth about being to survive two attacks because of what you quoted and he's listed as dying twice in the first post.

also agree that everyone should say for/against roleclaim at this point as well and stat since the deadline'll be here in no time

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
as for rockin's sanity i think it'd be dangerous to assume that yaya is cleared though i know he was right about me. that also makes me hesitant to lynch him toDay but that doesn't mean he should post less because of it.

also what should we make of of the vote count from yesterDay?

for reference:
Mr.Lombardi34 (5) - Macman, Rockin, mentosman8, Yaya, Niiro
Rockin (3) - karthik_king, 1048576, Mr.Lombardi34

i'm leaning that one of those 4 players voted Lombo to finish him with a nightkill since we know mafia most likely did it. they knew he wasn't one of them so they didn't want to take a chance of lombo being a 1 time bulletproof as Townie. also maybe lombo was onto something

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Marshy, are you saying that mafia thought the prospect of having a one-day kill immune townie alive as more dangerous than having a day-cop still alive?

Top Bottom