• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Final-

Aria♪
I'll be going to the tourney this Saturday, also bringing a Wii, (the extremely slow one) if any of you noticed that last week. So if there are any extra wii's we should be unplugging mine first.
Yes, we noticed. >_>

I still need a partner. I'll team with you, Spudz if you need one.

Why is everyone changing their color?

SkyRay

Smash Cadet
@skyray how come?
I don't have the money to waste, and I can't have someone rely on me to actually get past 2 matches. Teams aren't as fun as singles to me anyways, so i'll just be wandering around looking for open TV's, and somebody to brawl with, bahaha. Oh, and watching matches of course.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
@Lanky I also will only be doing singles for both. I might only do singles for melee, actually... seeing as how im supposed to be working tomorrow while this all goes on.
I really didn't feel like teams because I didn't know how I would feel. Allergy season is upon me, and it WAS kicking my a**. I feel pretty good, so I might do teams.

Melee, though, I dunno...I'll have to see how practice goes. I might end up not doing Melee until I get more practice in the game. I'll have to see.

Bringing a Wii, Brawl, and Melee, coming early, before 12 at least.

Glory to the Hypno-Toad!!

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I let Monkey borrow my Nunchuck and forgot to get it back. So if anybody knows him they should get it back for me because I never see him on the boards.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
I let Monkey borrow my Nunchuck and forgot to get it back. So if anybody knows him they should get it back for me because I never see him on the boards.
I think he left it at my Wii, I thought I brought mine but I find that I have another, which I guess the extra one I have is yours, so at least you know where it is. I'll be going to UST next Saturday, or if you want it earlier, I can swing by wherever.

I just have the attachment, no extra Wiimotes.

Hittin' those vids up now, taking forever.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I think he left it at my Wii, I thought I brought mine but I find that I have another, which I guess the extra one I have is yours, so at least you know where it is. I'll be going to UST next Saturday, or if you want it earlier, I can swing by wherever.

I just have the attachment, no extra Wiimotes.

Hittin' those vids up now, taking forever.
Okay good. :D

Yah I think Im pretty sure I will be going to UST next week so I will pick it up then. Thanks.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
No prob Spudz.

This tourny was nice, even though I had bracket johns, still had lots of fun.

BTW, the vids that are going to be uploaded will be uploaded to UtahSmash on YouTube, we have 32 vids total taken.

And Fate the C.C.R.A.K. powder was awesome!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'll ask him when I see him at school, just in case.

No prob Spudz.

This tourny was nice, even though I had bracket johns, still had lots of fun.

BTW, the vids that are going to be uploaded will be uploaded to UtahSmash on YouTube, we have 32 vids total taken.

And Fate the C.C.R.A.K. powder was awesome!
Watchin some of the vids now. Man, I wish I did better in the matches I was Bowser...oh well, good times.

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad!

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... so where are said videos uploaded to/ where could one watch them? Sorry if you mentioned it before, I'm just curious and am lazy :D

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Tounrney of Fate 8 results

Teams Bracket
1: Alpha Kenny Buddy (Kenny + Yaz)
2: Team **** McGee (X + Lada)
3: Biggie Smalls (Staz + Dark Ryu)
4: Bluff Check Bros (Rade + WaffleCan)
5: Team Sneaky (Lanky + Spudz)
5: Wisconsin Cheese Gang (Pwny + Meat)
7: Death by Aniki (Final + DS4)
7: Death Kings (Eric + Braedon)

Singles Bracket
1: X
2: Kenny
3: Yaz
4: Dark Ryu
5: Waff
5: Rade
7: Lada
7: Staz
9: wangston
9: Lanky Gunner
9: Spudz
9: Corrupt Fate
13: Pwny
13: DZLE
13: Ragel
13: Flying J
17: Meat
17: Braiden
17: Swa huh geekhead
17: Final
17: Nul
17: Jesus
17: Zeros
17: Green Monkey

Melee Bracket
1: PC
2: X
3: Yaz
4: Minato
5: Lada
5: Lanky
7: Eric
7: DZLE
9: Final
9: Braiden
13: DS4

This went very nicely, had several old faces and a few new ones. I hope to see you guys some more.

However, someone jammed a penny in our equipment. Because of this I will not have anyone back behind the counter unless they either A) work there B) are one of the people that I have talked to about helping me run it. You are more then welcome to send me a PM if you wanta help out I will be needing a replacement for Wangston soon :(. If you are back behind the counter and not for one of those reasons (other then a quick look at the bracket, and I am trying to find a good way to make it so the bracket is in a very visable place) I will ask you to get out of the box, if I need to ask twice I will do something else (Ie. remove you from the tourney or whatever) I dont want to do this, but I also dont want these to be stopped either.

Also a few people were complaining to me about how the bracket looked, and Kenny and myself seeded the whole thing so that it fit in with offical seeding, and made it so noone was playing close friends/family in the first round. Beloe is how a bracket should look, and we seeded to match that. If you would like to read up on this here is a good link that Dryu provided for me. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124132

If you have any questions or concerns please PM me. And I still need at least one more person to replace wangston in helping me.

Thanks to all my helpers: Ken neth, Rade, Wangston (and a little handful of help from Dryu and Lanky) And Nul for fixing the penny problem.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Who's the idiot that decided to jam a penny?
Once I know who did it, I know where I'd like to jam that penny... :chuckle:

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Random question... did anyone else get some random PM asking to go to some sort of brawl tourney? It was from NFS or something. Eh, Just checking to see if anyone else who went to Mike's tourney got it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Why was DS4 ranked 13th in Melee when there were only 11 people entered? :p

And even if people weren't behind the counter, they still could have stuck the penny in the machine (since it's right on the counter). But I still understand your situation.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Why is DS4 ranked 13th in Melee when there were only 11 people entered? :p

And even if people weren't behind the counter, they still couple have stuck the penny in the machine (since it's right on the counter). But I still understand your situation.
Not really sure, why it put him as 13, all I did was copy paste the results from Tio. As for the penny thing, I wasn't alowed to let people back there in the first place, this is just saying it again.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Also, Ankoku's thread is back up so if someone (hint hint) wants to handle that stuff again that would be super sweet stuff.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also, Ankoku's thread is back up so if someone (hint hint) wants to handle that stuff again that would be super sweet stuff.
Wahoo...

Singles Bracket
1: X (Sonic)
2: Ken Neth (Snake)
3: Yaz (Meta Knight)
4: Dark Ryu (Wario and Diddy)
5: Waff (Kirby, ROB, and Wolf)
5: Rade (Fox and Wario)
7: Lada (ROB and Falco)
7: Staz (Donkey Kong)

I was gone for a good chunk of Brawl Singles.
So help me out here.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Marco went Wario on me the first two matches and then DDD for the last one. I only saw him use Diddy once in his matches I watched, against Rade, and he didn't win that match haha. I'm not sure how much he went Diddy in the matches I didn't see, but I would probably put him down as either wario/diddy or just wario. See what he says.

Rade went mostly fox, and then wario for some matches. He also went ness, yoshi, and probably some other weird characters for a match or two- but I would count him as fox and wario.

Oh, and you should change my name to Ken Neth XD

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
This time it was kinda a toss up with characters for me (and yes, i did switch kirby out when i thought that he wasn't going to help with/win me the match)... If it makes any difference, I used kirby about half the time, and both wolf and rob filled the other half at a quarter each?

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Umm... i believe wolf won me 2-3, rob like 2, and kirby the rest. Not quite the split factoral that I had imagined :D

Its probably just kirby for me then.

Edit for blatant typos.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
All right, I just edited my previous post.
Waff, I'm putting you down for all three.

It's fine that they're split into thirds.

I'll be posting this in Ankoku's thread tomorrow around noon like always.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Rade went mostly fox, and then wario for some matches. He also went ness, yoshi, and probably some other weird characters for a match or two- but I would count him as fox and wario.
heheheheheh yeahhhhh

couldnt have said it better myself

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I hate it when people quote a huge post just to post a one-liner... :ohwell:

But anyway, this is the first time X got first in a tournament that had either Yaz or David. The first (and previous) time he got first, neither Yaz nor David was there.

Sonic for Top Tier!
(...In Brawl+)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If anyone's curious, I just posted the results at Ankoku's thread already.
I didn't have time around noon because I was busy.

Plus, I was at PnT later that day.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
^^^Where I totally gave you back Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice :D^^^

Anyways... just curious but whats the Ankoku link btw? Just curious...

P.S. Minato, you shouldn't post anymore... you've reached 1,337 status :D

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Also a few people were complaining to me about how the bracket looked, and Kenny and myself seeded the whole thing so that it fit in with official seeding, and made it so noone was playing close friends/family in the first round. Below is how a bracket should look, and we seeded to match that.
LOL welcome to tourney hosting, Fate :laugh:

If you explain it every time someone complains, you will get sick of explaining it very fast. If you have done the research, but they haven't, then they shouldn't be complaining about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom