• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

lou4222

Smash Lord
I have a feeling after the circuit event this weekend things will pick up drastically with local tournies. Az is a pro TO so whenever it is it will be well run

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Still no date for this? Come on! How am I suppose to lose all my money if I don't know when I'm suppose to lose it?
I know.. I'm so anxious to go to more tournaments.. especially one so close to me. I need a date so I can call off work :O I think 5-2 and 5-16 might be open, Katon's is on the 9th...

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
If there's a freak accident then I'd like to attend

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
-What would be a good date within the next two months for WabII?

Chime in whenever!
I'm thinking May 2nd might be a good day for this... one week before Katon's and I don't think anything else is going on that day (Saturday). However I am available any weekend in May so far that I know of. I'm busy for the rest of April though with senior thesis so if it's in April I might not be able to make it.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'm currently looking for a date to continue the test your might series (nojoes quit and only told like 1 person)

I also want the Test your Might series to continue on a strong note and not coincide with any close tournaments therefore we should definitely have test your might and wings and brew on 2 seperate weekends (preferably 2 weekends apart so the "less dedicated" smashers don't john out because 2 tournies in 2 weekends is 2 much)

So pretty much since circuit event is may 2nd and APEX is May 9th a good weekend for this would probably be May 16th. This would give most smashers the weekend of May 9th off because not too many from midwest are going to APEX.

lou4222

Smash Lord
The Circuit is the 23rd I thought. Originally slated for the 2nd, but got pushed back because of scheduling difficulties. The 2nd is open as far as i know. Katons tourney is the 9th as well as Apex

Count

Smash Champion
I dunno if I will be at the next one but I play on making it to the next set of these or another OH tourney later this summer..

Nope

Smash Lord
Fonz and myself will be out for may 2nd =( my grandparents are coming to visit from montana. I'm sure cake, capem, champ will go though

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
That sounds gross....

Also, I don't think I can make it for the 2nd. I was just saying that it isn't a MWCE event... I might be able to make it but probably not (it's finals week)

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
As much as I wanna play next weekend, I think this should get pushed into late May so that more people can make it :O

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I was thinking about May 16th or May 30th for TYM 5. Like I said earlier, we should have 2 weekends between our events to give people time to recuperate.

It seems like a few people might not be able to make it if it were held on May 2nd, also that's only 10 days of notice. I would suggest you hold it on the 16th of May and I'll hold TYM 5 on the 30th of May.

Also

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231061

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'll look into whatever dates I can get. I may have more than one WaB in May

yo chris how have u been placing at large brawl events?

jus curious about your little monkey
My worst placement at any local or regional tournament this year is 5th (last event out of 93 people). Aside from those events my worst placement is 49th at COT4.

You should practice up with me/q/lou sometime!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Okay guys!

Tentatively we will have two dates in May
Saturday, May 2nd
And
Saturday, May 16th

Preregistration for the May 2nd tournament is now open. As is for the May 16th tournament.

Please include:
Where you are from
What your will be entering (singles, doubles)
if you are entereing doubles who your teammate will be
Which of the two dates (or both) you plan to attend
Can you bring a set up (WE NEED SET UPS! I BROKE MY TV RECENTLY SO THAT IS ONE SET UP DOWN, NOPE IS ALSO NOT SHOWING AT THE MAY 2 EVENT SO THAT IS 2 MORE SET UPS GONE)

We don't want this to occur:

Schedule with 4 TVS:
-Double elimination 16 team doubles bracket
-Double elimination 32 man singles bracket
11:00AM: Doors open-registration singles and doubles begins
12:00PM: Registration closes
12:30PM: Doubles bracket - WR1 H1 (Stations 1-4)
12:54PM: Doubles bracket - WR1 H2 (Stations 1-4)
1:18PM: Doubles bracket - WR2 (Stations 1-4)
1:42PM: Doubles bracket - LR1 (Stations 1-4)
2:06PM: Doubles bracket - LR2 (Stations 1-4)
2:30PM: Doubles bracket - WR (Stations 1-2) 3 & LR3 (Stations 3-4)
2:54PM: Doubles bracket - WF (Station 1) & LR4 (Stations 2-3) - (LR5, LF, and GF occur later)
3:18PM: Singles bracket - WR1 H1
3:42PM: Singles bracket - WR1 H2
4:06PM: Singles bracket - WR1 H3
4:30PM: Singles bracket - WR1 H4
4:54PM: Singles bracket - WR2 H1
5:18PM: Singles bracket - WR2 H2
5:42PM: Singles bracket - LR1 H1
6:06PM: Singles bracket - LR1 H2
6:30PM: Singles bracket - LR2 H1
6:54PM: Singles bracket - LR2 H2
7:18PM: Singles bracket - WR3
7:42PM: Singles bracket - LR3
8: 06PM: Singles bracket - LR4
8:30PM: Singles bracket - WR4 & LR5
9:00PM: We move the tournament back to my apartment - whoever is still left and their rides are allowed to come. Everyone else will have to watch the videos when they get put up. Obviously we NEED more than just 4 set ups-but this should let everyone see the math of EXACTLY the best you can run a tournament of 32 people (and 16 team) with this many set ups. There should be 6 people left in the Singles bracket and 6 people remaining in the Doubles bracket (3 teams). Likely some of these 6 people will be in both brackets, so I'm assuming it will be roughly 9 people left in the tournament (maybe 1 or 2 less or more).

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Columbus
Singles and doubles
CRUNCH will be my teammate
May 16

We both can't make it to the May 2nd WaB, but May 16 works for both of us. See you there! :D

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Akron
Singles and Doubles
Teammate:Beegs (if he can make it) or Argentstew (if he can make it) or I'll just be a free agent per usual
Most likely not making it to the May 2nd tournament but I can make it to the tournament on the 16th.

I can also provide TV X (13")

King~

Smash Champion
Twinsburg or akron if u wanna group us together
Singles and Dubs
Free agent
may 16 seeing as i doubt anyone is going from up here on the second

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Representin' Plain City
I'm sticking with singles only
I'm free for both.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Springfield/ play with AZ and Q often
Singles and doubles
Ill be at both

For the second hopefully ill be teaming with Capem if he gets off work. For the 16th Ill be teaming with Nope.

I can bring a full set up as long as someone drives it over there.

Nope

Smash Lord
For may 16th:
We will all be there with possible 2 setups again. Depending on what you need. We would rather you only need one from us but I know your tv bit the dust. We will make sure you get 8 setups though for sure. Here are attendants and teams.

Springfield:
Champ/Cake
Fonz/Capem
Nope/Lou

Hence

Smash Ace
Representin' Plain City
Plain City is practically Columbus.
There's no reason to represent three smashers, even if we are THE BEST. XD

Where you are from: Columbus :p
What your will be entering: Singles for sure, possibly doubles.
if you are entereing doubles who your teammate will be: N/A
Which of the two dates (or both) you plan to attend: Both.

Also, we may be making Tshirts for these events.

What does everyone think of Tshirts?
Only if the T-Shirts have neat designs or something relating to Smash.
Yes, I suppose. This is a tournament series, afterall.

EDIT: AZ, I'm curious about how my ZSS would fair against your Diddy. I've been talking with Snakeee, and he believes the matchup is in Diddy's favor. After seeing your pools match at CoT4, I've been wondering if Zelda/Shiek was the right choice for Snakeee in this matchup. So like, if there's time I'd like to MM or something if it's okay with you. Who knows, we me play in brackets.

I'm finally getting serious about brawl.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Wow, now we need to think of t-shirt designs...

I would reccomend something along the lines of some smash characters eating pizza, wings, and getting drunk off their (slang word for posteriors goes here). On the back, there can be with that fancy wings and brew logo somewhere, but with a smash symbol overlayed. It could SO work lol

Nope

Smash Lord
so I would def love t shirts and sport them but there is a condition! They are NOT white... White is the worst t shirt color ever please make them black or a darker color!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The T-Shirt is being designed by Amy (my gf for those who werent at the last WaB).

Tentatively she has
Kirby with his pot for cooking and chef hat in the center
Toon Link throwing Falco into the pot (wings, get it)
Diddy throwing bananas in
Peach throwing turnips in
Oli throwing pikmin in
get it?
plus other stuff.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman

Ok I know I'm a terrible drawler, but here's my idea for the shirt. If you can't tell, it has Falco, Pit, and MK gliding and holding brew, and 2 Fly Guys on the sides holding brews as well. Idk why I picked green for the background color, but I liked it :O "Wings and Brew" is supposed to be arched at the top, with "Columbus, OH" under it, straight.

Edit - I just realized I didn't make a back... so that's open for suggestion :D

Top Bottom