• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That will probably be the weekend but I'm not sure, it could be any time in late april or even early may. Shrugzzz, I probably won't know until after this weekend and/or after I get back from MD for spring break (March 30thish).

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Chu you should come spend the weekend with me and win my tournament. It's only about a 6 hour drive from your house (5.5 if you speed, 6.5 if traffic/you don't speed at all).

TheKiest

Smash Champion
28th sounds good to me.

Also I forgot 5 videos... so I'm uploading them now....

KAton Vs Drunky Kicks
Baro Vs Drunky Kicks
ITT Vs Crunch
AZ Vs Capem
ITT Vs King Yosh

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how does the 1st weekend of may look for people? Just in case they can't do the last weekend in april (plus there is a tournament in cinci that same weekend).

clowsui

Smash Legend
Chu you should come spend the weekend with me and win my tournament. It's only about a 6 hour drive from your house (5.5 if you speed, 6.5 if traffic/you don't speed at all).
holy **** playin vs da chudat would be awesome

chu + az -___- monster team.

chudat should also come and teach ybm some trixies so that ybm can rise to the highest

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for either April 25th or the first weekend in May, just need to know so I can call off work. I think April 25th works better for me, but I can make it to either one.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So here is the dealie.

Looks like I could snag the 18th of April because no other tournaments are there. However, Lou said this date doesn't work for him, and he is CBUS so I'd like to see if something else works.

I talked with the owners and they said we could do tournaments there on Sundays from anytime to anytime on any date. What does everyone think about having Sunday as a tournament? This is pretty much an Ohio only tournament so I can't see Monday/school being a problem since 1)if it is a problem most people will be eliminated from the tournament by 7pm and you can go home and be home before 10pm pretty much regardless of where you live in Ohio (from the furthest corners of Ohio to Columbus is what? 3, maybe 3.5 hours at the absolute furthest, most people only have 1-2 hour drive for this, not bad at all).

So the dates I'm looking at right now are:
Saturday, April 18th
Saturday, May 2nd
---
Taking the Sunday approach I would probably snag:
Sunday, April 12th: Day after the circuit event so people could just travel 50 minutes after sleeping at Nopes and go to WaBII.
Sunday, April 26th: Us vs Them in Cinci on the 25th, but I judging from WaBI Cinci attendence at WaB is low so there shouldn't be much conflict.
Sunday, May 3rd: nothing else is scheduled this weekend.
Sunday, May 10th: Katon's tourney the Sat before this.
Sunday, May 17th: nothing
Sunday, May 24th: nothing
Sunday, May 31st: nothing
Sunday, June 14th: nothing

Now, what I'm currently thinking is:
1) I will make this a tournament series and 10% from each pot will be collected to go to a championship. This will ONLY be for Singles (to hard/annoying to keep track of doubles unless there is popularity for doing doubles as well). I want to eventually get this tournament series to be a monthly (or 3 weekly) match up between the best in Ohio.
2) We can cram a lot of tournaments in here. Today is March 18th. I may shoot and try to have 2-3 events by June.
3) You get points for top 16 at Wabs. This goes to seeding for future WaB's and to determining who gets the circuit money.
4) I don't know how long a "season" will be yet. Possibly 4 events then a championship. Maybe 3. Maybe 5.
5) Payouts at the championship will be top 8 instead of top 6.
6) Just so everyone knows, we could LITERALLY hold a tournament every single Sunday that I have listed as "nothing".

lou4222

Smash Lord
Sundays are good for the most part. The only thing is i am applying for this job and if I get it I will be having staff meetings every Sunday from April 26 through May 24. I am guessing these will be later in the evenings. If these are around 7 or 8 I should be able to come to at least play doubles and some friendlies. Haha I might not even get the job so if that is the case Sundays would be wide open. Ill let you know whenever I find out.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
~KBizzle

This sounds interesting. It's a shame that my only ride to smash tournies, Impp, likes only Melee. :(

~Midwest Represent!

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I work on Sundays so 90% of OUGA would be unable to attend.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
I feel like a Sunday might cut off the time we have afterwards.

Less time means less Shocktop.

Apples

Smash Apprentice
What an awesome name for a tournament! It's brawl so, I can't be attending. But props on the name and all the info. That's real good **** there man that aerial shot's crazy man really going out of your way to inform the attendees man lol

Oh and, the venue doesn't get much better either. Makes me wish I played brawl... :laugh:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Mmm...chicken.

Meh, I play Brawl too. It's not hard to go back and forth between the two. =P

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
any word on a solid date yet?

to be honest, any day but the 13th is fine with me so ill be waiting a decision till then.
even sundays dont bother me due to the fact that i dont do anything on mondays. xD

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm still working on things.

However Sunday we will have all the time we want (actually more). So yea, the advantage of Sunday is that they would cater completely to us. The advantage of Saturday is the Springfield crew can show and they have 2 tvs (and therefor fulfill 1/4th of the tvs we need).

I'll figure things out soon. I've been in MD the last week and I get back into Ohio this weekend.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

However Sunday we will have all the time we want (actually more). So yea, the advantage of Sunday is that they would cater completely to us. The advantage of Saturday is the Springfield crew can show and they have 2 tvs (and therefor fulfill 1/4th of the tvs we need).

I'll figure things out soon. I've been in MD the last week and I get back into Ohio this weekend.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Also, OUGA can come on Saturday with at the very least my TV, and more Wiis than your body has room for (kinky, no?).

Pickle14

Smash Rookie
So i just joined Smashboards after a friend (Lizard, from Tally/Orlando, Fl) showed it to me over Spring Break. I mentioned, "Hm, I wonder if there are any tournaments around my area?" and after looking, I found Wings and Brew. Honest to god, I live less than a min walk from W&B, just down Norwich. And, if I read his map right, about 9 doors down from AlphaZealot. What are the odds?

So is anything finalized yet, because I am totally interested in playing.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
i can make it any weekend except the 25th of April. Saturday or Sunday works for me, and I can bring a full setup too. Just let me know whenever you find a day.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice

Speaking of set ups, I can bring one now, for sure, confirmed.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
~KBizzle

This sounds interesting. It's a shame that my only ride to smash tournies, Impp, likes only Melee. :(

~Midwest Represent!
I can most likely give you a ride to smash tourneys. I usually give king yoshi a ride and he's kinda close to where you are.

Also, Sunday is kinda.... meh for me at least, I think a lot of NE ohio feels the same. If you do have it on a Sunday try and put it after a Saturday tournament that's nearby so I can just make a weekend of it.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Still no date for this? Come on! How am I suppose to lose all my money if I don't know when I'm suppose to lose it?

Top Bottom