• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Regarding edge grab rule: it only comes to play in the event the game goes the time limit. In which case you automatically lose that game if you had over the grab amount. If both players are over the limit then the winner is whoever was leading by percentage/stock.

Meese

Smash Cadet
His tag will just be jared. Speaking of tags should we tell u like control settings we use or will there be time for that before

King~

Smash Champion
okay, how many spaces are still available for the tournament? We probably won't make it in time for doubles and we don't have doubles partners. I can bring 2,3 possibly 5 people.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. (confirmed)AlphaZealot (36 MWC 08 points) - Columbus
2. (confirmed)Lou4222 - Springfield
3. (confirmed)Nope (4 MWC 08 points) - Springfield
4. (confirmed)Cake - Springfield
5. (confirmed)Champ - Springfield
6. (confirmed)Capen - Springfield
7. (confirmed)Fonz - Springfield
8. (confirmed)The Jerk (Reinhart_x)
9. (confirmed)Katon
10. (confirmed)Baro - Plain City
11. (confirmed)Quivo (2 MWC 08 points) - Columbus
12. (confirmed)Sathenzar
13. (confirmed)Doctorhair
14. (confirmed)Chowbots
15. (confirmed)Hence - Plain City
16. (confirmed)Staindgrey - Columbus
17. (confirmed)Moose - Columbus
18. (confirmed)Whaleit - Columbus
19. (confirmed)CRNCH - Columbus
20. (confirmed)Pdiamond - Plain City
21. (confirmed)TheKeist - Worthington
22. (confirmed)fromundaman - Dayton
23. (confirmed)Enrish - Columbus - may be only entering singles
24. (confirmed)Kicks - Columbus - Enrish's friend, may be only entering singles
25. (confirmed)Fortenium
26. (confirmed)Jellytyme
27. (confirmed)Ithrowthings - Akron
28. (confirmed)BYAA! - Akron
29. (confirmed)Meese (possibly doubles only)
30. (confirmed)Meese's friend named Jarad (possibly doubles only)

Just two spaces King Yoshi.
So you and whoever you want to bring. I can't guarantee anyone else can enter the tournament.

Chances are there may be a no show or two, but I wouldn't count on it. It may also be possible that not everyone enters doubles, but I can't guarantee anything for anyone who is in the "overflow" group.

King~

Smash Champion
ya, I'm coming an we're bringin someone else in the car

we'll be there in time for singles, can't make it for doubles. So, we'll be there around 2-3.

This is ITT

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Final List of people, if you are not on this list you are not guaranteed entry. Don't say I didn't warn you.

1. (confirmed)AlphaZealot (36 MWC 08 points) - Columbus
2. (confirmed)Lou4222 - Springfield
3. (confirmed)Nope (4 MWC 08 points) - Springfield
4. (confirmed)Cake - Springfield
5. (confirmed)Champ - Springfield
6. (confirmed)Capen - Springfield
7. (confirmed)Fonz - Springfield
8. (confirmed)The Jerk (Reinhart_x)
9. (confirmed)Katon
10. (confirmed)Baro - Plain City
11. (confirmed)Quivo (2 MWC 08 points) - Columbus
12. (confirmed)Sathenzar
13. (confirmed)Doctorhair
14. (confirmed)Chowbots
15. (confirmed)Hence - Plain City
16. (confirmed)Staindgrey - Columbus
17. (confirmed)Moose - Columbus
18. (confirmed)Whaleit - Columbus
19. (confirmed)CRNCH - Columbus
20. (confirmed)Pdiamond - Plain City
21. (confirmed)TheKeist - Worthington
22. (confirmed)fromundaman - Dayton
23. (confirmed)Enrish - Columbus - may be only entering singles
24. (confirmed)Kicks - Columbus - Enrish's friend, may be only entering singles
25. (confirmed)Fortenium
26. (confirmed)Jellytyme
27. (confirmed)Ithrowthings - Akron
28. (confirmed)BYAA! - Akron
29. (confirmed)Meese (possibly doubles only)
30. (confirmed)Meese's friend named Jarad (possibly doubles only)
31. (confirmed)King Yoshi
32. (confirmed)One other person from ITT's car which is also taking King Yoshi

You must register between 11:00am and 12:00pm for DOUBLES! Any later and you will not be allowed to enter. You must be at the venue by 2:30pm to register for SINGLES, any later and you will not be able to enter.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, despite my careful planning of how to get from/back to the Greyhound station in Columbus, I managed to mix up the weekday and weekend schedules of the Dayton buses, and thereby missed the bus that would have brought me to the greyhound station, thereby missing the greyhound bus. The next bus is in 5 hours, so unless someone feels like coming to pick me up (Which I will pay for your gas is you do. I realize that's not really an incentive to make a detour, but hey, I might as well throw it out there, and if someone will, then I'd be really grateful. (please post here if you can as I don't have access to a phone atm.)), I won't be able to make it... Sorry for taking a spot someone else could have used.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Since Fromundaman has dropped out that creates one more spot that can be filled. ITT/King Yoshi can now bring 2 people with them instead of 1.

Fromundaman, if by some chance you can find a ride and make it I will make a special exception for you, and just you, by creating a pool that has 5 people in it instead of 4 (so singles will have 33 instead of 32 people). Doubles I can't really do anything unless there are less than 16 teams entering, because adding one more team makes us switch from a nice 16 team bracket to a 17 team bracket that requires a 32 man double elimination bracket with tons of first round byes.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Thanks! I honestly doubt anyone's going to do an extra 30 min drive or more to come pick me up though.

Also, since I doubt he's going to check these forums today, could someone warn Jellityme I won't be in Columbus this weekend when you see him later today? (I was supposed to stay over at his place, so I'd like to let him know if possible.)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
okay, I'll bring another to fill in for fromundaman

We may be running a bit late. (around 3-3:30) If you DQ us I'm gonna be very pissed cause I don't wanna drive all the way down there and not enter.

my cell is 330-419-1389 call me if you need any info from us for registering.

Hence

Smash Ace
I feel like I've learned a lot at this tournament; thank you to everyone who played with me.
Congratulations on the exciting win, Nope.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lets talk about Wings and Brew II and when it is.

This will either be a series by itself of Nope and I will start some sort of Ohio "circuit". Players who made top 16 at the first wings and brew will recieve "points" for future wings and brew events (these points will be used for seeding).

Now, lets pretend that there will be 4-5 more wings and brew tournaments this year. Would you guys be down for something like:
-We keep points for seedings that accumulate with events?
-We only allow Ohio Smashers to come because of the 32 man cap?
-We take $1 (so 10%) out of both singles and doubles from each event, and for whatever the last event is give that $1 to either whatever the top 3 point getters are or whoever gets top 3 that event? (60/30/10). We aren't talking a lot of money, for example, from WaBI it would be $23 from singles, so if you multiply this by 5 we are only talking about a $100 bonus for whatever the WaB championship is?
-What would be a good date within the next two months for WabII?

lou4222

Smash Lord
I think all of that sounds amazing. I dont think there is anything scheduled past the April 11th Springfield circuit event. Overswarm posted some potential circuit events, but nothing has been confirmed. How about mid to late april, early may.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
I think an Ohio Circuit is a great idea.

With Springfield, Athens, Columbus, Plain City, and now Newark/Granville (I found a pretty good venue just need to check dates its 30 minutes east of Columbus and you can take I-70 the entire way) we pretty much have Central and Southern Ohio covered venue wise. Then theres Cleveland.. but thats like a 3 hour drive for Springfield/Dayton and even longer for Cinci.

I dunno if you want to just reserve points to just WnB events, just my two cents.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
First off, I'm getting the wings next time.

Second off, I'd say april 18th or 25th would work relatively well.

Thirdly, all ohio smashers may or may not be a good idea (we had 32 preregister and only 24 show)

and Fourthmosterly, points sounds good.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I agree with wings next time...... although the pizza was quite a deal.

I think that getting 32 ohioans is no problem. This tourney was confirmed a bit late. I think with over a months notification it will be no problem getting people there. Also I know alot of OU was "smashed out" after Loves last stand, and Dayton has car johns that should be getting fixed relatively soon. Also maybe if someone is "confirmed" and doesnt come they forfeit their position in a following tourney. Except maybe fromundaman who had a legit reason and it was an accident.

Just some thoughts.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
OUGA would prolly come to the next one in April. I won't for the 25th cause of Them Vs. Us Beta in West Chester.

Also I saw this on the OUGA forums:
"Has anyone thought that maybe OUGA could host one of the circuit events in May? There's two open dates and neither have a confirmed venue yet."

That was in response to the OS circuit. Point is, there will prolly be another OUGA tourne in May.

Count

Smash Champion
Do it april 11th there might be a fellow diddy in attendance..I'm pretty sure that is my only free saturday between now and the end of school LOL.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I think you should do something like early in April or maybe later in March because there's no way that some of us (i.e. HS kids) can make it because of AP studying in later April. I know I'll be studying for all the weekends after I go to the Circuit in Springfield.

EDIT: KAT0N I honestly think that you should forfeit your April 4th tourney slot for this one because if you think about it the ppl who would be going to your tourney would mostly be the same ones coming to this, the difference being that this place being a bar is open pretty late and we get good deals on food ALL DAY.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: KAT0N I honestly think that you should forfeit your April 4th tourney slot for this one because if you think about it the ppl who would be going to your tourney would mostly be the same ones coming to this, the difference being that this place being a bar is open pretty late and we get good deals on food ALL DAY.
If you look at the thread there are the first 3 Saturdays in May open as well, just figured advertise as the earliest date open for the place. I'm totally open for switching the days, just need to know what is best for the community.

Nope

Smash Lord
Springfield is always in of course and lets do a mini OH circuit it sounds fun
also late april if you can please

Hence

Smash Ace
Hopefully I'll have improved by the time WaB 2 comes around...
Baro, Hence, and Pdiamond will be attending.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This will not be held in late March or early april. April 4th is the weekend of MLG Meadowlands so I'll be out of town. The weekend after that I believe is Nope's circuit event. I have exams until mid march and then I'm heading to maryland for the last 2 weeks of March. It will probably be the 3rd or 4th weekend in April.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Warning, if you were on my preregistration list last time but did not show up you are on temporary notice (ROFL). Basically, that means that if someone else says they can come they get a spot before you. This applies to the following players:
Sathenzar
Doctorhair
Chowbots
Whaleit
Jellytyme

The "on notice" people will only be from the previous event to the next one. So you get a clean slate for WaBIII for registering.

That said, if you say you are coming twice, and fail to show both times, you are on permanent notice.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Warning, if you were on my preregistration list last time but did not show up you are on temporary notice (ROFL). Basically, that means that if someone else says they can come they get a spot before you. This applies to the following players:
Sathenzar
Doctorhair
Chowbots
Whaleit
Jellytyme

The "on notice" people will only be from the previous event to the next one. So you get a clean slate for WaBIII for registering.

That said, if you say you are coming twice, and fail to show both times, you are on permanent notice.
In Jellytyme's defense he was there, but did not participate, due to time methinks.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ahh...hmm...I wish he had said something/spoken up...

If he was there I may let it slide in his case. However, saying you can attend means you are going to enter, because that means you are taking a spot of someone who intends to attend and enter.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Actually, from what I heard from his brother, it was due to financial reasons. Don't really know the details though.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I'll let the rest of OUGA know once we have a date confirmed. They are more likely to go to this one than the last time. (Though I don't speak for them).

Also I'm finally getting my vids up from the last one.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to go to this... only scheduling conflict I have in April is the 17th-19th (Friday-Sunday). Hope I don't miss it :O

Top Bottom