• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Look at the first post, but to be a bit more clear:

Brawl teams are the first event, 1pm
Singles after a half hour break when teams are done, usually 3:30pm
Melee sometime during singles.

And you can get there earlier to warm-up.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Look at the first post, but to be a bit more clear:

Brawl teams are the first event, 1pm
Singles after a half hour break when teams are done, usually 3:30pm
Melee sometime during singles.

And you can get there earlier to warm-up.

i hate you for never online on AIM,msn or WIFI anymore :(
but yeah Waff the tourney starts at 1 30 most of the time cause people take forever to show up/ sign up.

Nul

Smash Apprentice

i hate you for never online on AIM,msn or WIFI anymore :(
I have no time now for Wifi, and AIM/MSN/Gtalk hates me, I can't auto-sign in anymore. (+ ads get really annoying for AIM) BTW, I still haven't found a close enough jacket.

Anyways, I'm down for a Wii, Laptop for 64 smash, and the camera as always.

BTW, controls on a GC controller are the same except:

L = jump
C = not working
Down Pad = Taunt

I'm looking around to see if I can get the L to be shield then the C-stick to work.

DZLE

Smash Master
For my first tourney, I can definitely say that it was completely awesome, I'll probably come to these pretty regularly now.
Man I saw you on the brackets but i dont think i ever faced you, did i?

This tourney was really good.

I have ONE WORD FOR ALL OF YOU.

Melee.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman

I have ONE WORD FOR ALL OF YOU.

Melee.
I think people would be more willing to play Melee if you guys didnt pester them so much. Its getting really annoying.

Also sorry I couldnt come to this guys. I really wanted to. :( I would totally go to a smash fest sometime soon. I want to play with you guys really bad... no homo.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman

Melee.
I'm not sure, If you played against a person wearing a red hat and shirt. (friendlies most likely, lost out of melee on second round) Melee is the best, but I ended up playing Smash 64 the most at the tourney.

DZLE

Smash Master
I think people would be more willing to play Melee if you guys didnt pester them so much. Its getting really annoying.

Also sorry I couldnt come to this guys. I really wanted to. :( I would totally go to a smash fest sometime soon. I want to play with you guys really bad... no homo.
I wasnt pestering anybody at all.
Simply expressing my love for Melee.
Its an opinion. Choose whether or not to take it.
Plus, pestering is what got me to get into Melee. And now its easily my favorite.
Pestering can be good or bad. We just want people to play.
but I wasnt pestering.

@SuperRacoon

Ohhh, i think I saw you for sure but i dont think I played you >.<
Keep coming to these, and we can play!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm not sure, If you played against a person wearing a red hat and shirt. (friendlies most likely, lost out of melee on second round) Melee is the best, but I ended up playing Smash 64 the most at the tourney.
And that is why you're awesome.

If we have one TV set up for Smash 64 at more tournies, I don't think I'll ever leave it.

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad

DZLE

Smash Master
I freaking love Dryu sometimes, he just does things.

On topic:

After the events that have taken place at the last ToF and prior ToF's,

Me and fate are pretty sure ToF is going to come to an end at the PnT.

They have been kinda riding him about it, and after yesterday, we are pretty much screwed.

DZLE

Smash Master
Do you know what happened? :(
Well they kept saying how like it was always really dirty in the store afterwords,
how we like lost money because nobody would come in when its all packed and every tv is used so nobody can get around anything,
how customers complained they get no customer service during the time of the tourney,

And then yesterday it was so messy when mike finally closed at like 10pm +
and that table broke and our bosses are going to fire us and stop ToF
because they suck *** like that

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Table broke, (not blaming Gangster I know many people were leaning on those). And people thought that they could wrestle in a store, next to said broken table...

Ill have the results up in a few with a few more details.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
once again, why i dont ever wanna work for PnT, there used to be a time where they cared aboot us...

but if we want to keep things going guys we might wanna think of something to show the Pnt management that we are grateful for them, cause guys if mike and dzle lose our jobs because of them hosting a tourney there, thats no good

and BTW bowser jr is awesome and i like spudz avatar

PLAENTY HOMO

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman

You know what else is annoying? Your avatar lol and when people quote huge things and just type two line sentences. Just had to get that out, lol. Sorry Spudz, I've just hated your avatar forever and wanted to get that out.
My avatar is awesome! Bowser Jr. is so cool. :]

Also that post didnt have to be long just DZLE put like 20 enters.

Sorry, DZLE. Im just sick of people trying to push games on everybody. I thought you were trying to do that. Im perfectly happy with my Brawl. :]

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
once again, why i dont ever wanna work for PnT, there used to be a time where they cared aboot us...
PLAENTY HOMO
I have said it many times, they don't really care for the weeklies other then we like them. They wouln't let us have them if they didn't care, and what happened last night doesn't really show that we care if they let us host them or not.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Well, so its probably a safe assumption that ToF is off at PnT from here on out...

So any Ideas where the second venue could be?

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Is Ano still trying to get the Orem PnT to do tourneys. That could be the new spot.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hope that we'll have some kind of tourney.
A lot of us are leaving soon. 1 tourney a month is surely not enough.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Another PnT... in Orem.

That kinda turns me straight off >.<
Yea,
22 miles south. Fun.
4 hours on a bike. Fun.
Lugging a Wii. Fun.

Doing all 3 at the same time, fun only for the first time, not on the way back.

I did do 18 miles in Vegas with a projector (5x heavier than a wii) in 120 degree weather, and I'd do it again for two reasons:
1) I like the heat.
2) It was flat 80% of the time

I don't think I'd go to Orem on a monthly basis to have my butt handed to me in two ways, unless they had the train going down there then maybe.

Orem schedule:
Wake at 6 AM
Do stuff like eat
Leave at 7 AM
Hope I don't get lost (seriously) <-- If rain happens, I'll put my face to the floor when I get in
Get there at 11AM (hopefully, and because I like being early)
Play (and eat)
Leave at 9 PM
Hope I don't get lost (again)
Keel over and die
Get home at 1-2AM

Yea, kindof like that.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Tourney of Fate 9-Results

Bracket
1: Yaz
2: X
3: Ken neth
4: Rade
5: Lada
5: Dryu
7: Waff
7: Staz
9: Minato
9: CorruptFate
9: Gangstakirby
9: Lanky
13: Flying J
13: S@G3
13: Skywriter
13: DZLE
17: Wes
17: Nul
17: R jr.
17: Brilliant agent
17: DS4
17: Sephiroth Masamune

Bracket
1: Team Smash (Ken Neth + Yaz)
2: **** Mcgee (X + Lada)
3: Biggie Smalls (Staz + Dark Ryu)
4: Bluff Check Bros (Rade + Waffle Can)
5: Team Lick & Slip (Lanky + Nul)
5: Whatever You Want (CorruptFate + S@G3)
7: Death klock (Sephiroth + DS4)

Bracket
1: Perfect Chaos
2: Yaz
3: X
4: S@G3
5: Minato
5: Dryu
7: Staz
7: DZLE
9: Super Racoon
9: Slave
13: Lanky

So like Always here is my little summery from my point of view. We had several new people and thats always good, I hope to see you guys around for several more tournies to come. We got to see Sage and Slave again, although both of them left to go play Halo (with Waff) so they suck for that but I guess we can let that slide this time.

Im giving a huge shout out to Kenny on this one, because as many of you know this tourney had several things that went wrong and he was able to help me out a big bunchy bunch. So the next person to see Kenny should slap his *** or somthing for me.

As for the table thing, I do not blame you at all Ganster like I said before several people have bumped into that before and it was going to happen sooner or later. Also none of the CD's were damaged so it should be fine after all I can fix that with a few things of wood and a screw driver (im like Macgyver).

Over all we did good, I had to tell one person several times that they can't be behind the counter but for the most part everyone did fine, there were just a few major things that happened.

As for the wrestling at the end of the tourney....Lanky and Yaz are both as old as I am and I would hope understand that PnT is a store that lets us host smash tournies at it. We have camera's that watch everything in there and I am sure that they will view them because of the broken table to see if that was just an accident or what ever. Before the tourney even started I had to have a talk with Lanky to remind him that this is a public place first and a house of smash 2nd. And if I remember correctly at one of the first ToF's (I wanta say 3) I had to stop Yaz and Lada from wrestling before. I had to give you guys a 5 count and say that you might not be entering the next tourney, so right now I am still up in the air about it and would like people to PM me what they think about it so I can make a final choice. I am sorry, you are both my friends and I would rather let you guys come then miss it, but I do expect some level of sanity for PnT seeing as they let us do this. If you wanta wrestle, at future ToF's you can take it out back behind the dumpster.

For right now Tourney of Fate 10 (06/06/09) is still on, and I will be letting everyone know if it needs to be moved either by date or place, this also means that the weeklies are still on for everyone and I hope to see you all there. As always, if you had any problems or questions please feel free to send me a PM or message me some other way.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Okay, time for character rankings. Tell me any needed adjustments, and I'll edit this post when I can.

Results

1: Yaz (Meta Knight)
2: X (Sonic and DeDeDe)
3: Ken Neth (Snake)
4: Rade (Fox)
5: Lada (ROB and Wolf?)
5: Dryu (Wario and Diddy)
7: Waff (Kirby)
7: Staz (Donkey Kong and Falco)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Ha, I'm not gonna lie, I pretty much did stupid stuff through-out the whole tourney. I know I try to do it all in good fun, but I do know full well all of it was not for the best intention. So yeah...

<--Apologizes for everything

<--Idiot

If people PM Mike and tell him they don't want me to come, I completely understand. I really do mean things to be in good fun. I just have a knack for going way too far...always.

I promise I'll behave myself from now on if they allow this to go on. No JUI-JITSU(sorry, but to clarify, wrestling =/= Jui-jitsu), and I'll keep my swearing under control.

Don't blame Yaz though for the incident, it was all my idea.

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Staz used Falco against me and in the two sets I saw him play, i'm not sure about the rest.

Oh, and if possible, I say we move the ToF to June 13th instead. Me and Yaz are going to be in Kentucky visiting wangston till the 8th.

DZLE

Smash Master
Staz used Falco against me and in the two sets I saw him play, i'm not sure about the rest.

Oh, and if possible, I say we move the ToF to June 13th instead. Me and Yaz are going to be in Kentucky visiting wangston till the 8th.
Wow Dang I wanna go... D: miss my wang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom