• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Problems with ToF 10

Read this important info!

So as spudz (who does not = joke as Lanky was kind to point out)said my boss is a ****, and thinks that the tourney shouldn't take as long as it does...so he has asked me to move it start from at 6:00 rather than 1. As im sure most of you know, we can't get this working that fast with all the **** we normally have going on, ei. 3-4 events.

This being said I hope that you all understand that we WILL need to cut out an event or two. So like always please PM me with your vote on what 2 events you would like to KEEP and we will try to get the two that most people want going and finished. This being said there will not be a food break part way through this.

I am not going to lie, I am looking for a new job and I really don't see myself hosting this at PnT if I don't work their, I might be able to find a new place to host them (I have seen a few places that I really think would be cool, but could be my house) but if that doesn't work out any help in finding a new place to host ToF, or a different event would be nice.

I would also like to take this chance to say that when I was on the phone today he did ask me about the table, and when I said that someone bumped into it he was upset and said they have video of that day...I find it hard to believe that he didn't see what else happened, so I would like it if people understood that my boss does know about other events and that is why I at times do take action when things do happen.

Events:
Brawl singles
Brawl teams
melee (you all know I am not a fan of melee, but seeing as UST has it. I would say leave it out....guess what i'm not voting for)
Brawl+ (Also B+ still has a very slim shot at being here and all depends on if we get all 3-4 wii's that can use it, so even if it does win I may still need to swap it out.)

Lastly, I am able to keep the store open past the normal 9'o clock, and I do expect this event to need that, just fyi.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
it might be helpful to those less informed, if you posted all the events to choose from

Corrupt edit: KK

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I think brawl singles should be automatic, as seeing how that has always been the main event and purpose of these tourneys. Maybe have them just submit a vote for one other side event or something?

I don't know, that's just my two cents.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I think brawl singles should be automatic, as seeing how that has always been the main event and purpose of these tourneys. Maybe have them just submit a vote for one other side event or something?

I don't know, that's just my two cents.
I expect Brawl singles to be up on the list anyway so it doens't really make a difference. This grants the illusion of choice, and if people really don't want Brawl singles than we wont have it.

I also hope to see you their, as you can see this one will be a bit different then the others and I will need some help.

___X___

Smash Lord
do you hear me? talking to you.. across the waterrrr across the deep, blue, oceaaaann under the open sky, oh my and babyy im trying :)

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Fate is he still gonna make you delay this next tourney? Also you will get my PM immediately. :]

Minato

穏やかじゃない
do you hear me? talking to you.. across the waterrrr across the deep, blue, oceaaaann under the open sky, oh my and babyy im trying :)
I was just listening to that song just barely now...
Jason Mraz is awesome.

Sucks how this might be the last ToF 10. Since the tourney ends at 6, it seems like Waff is going to have a short last tourney just as I did.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yes, it will be starting at 6 rather than the normal 1-130, and I will be starting right at 6 so please try to be here by 5:30.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow, that's worse than I thought it was going to be.
Well, I hope everything still goes smoothly for you guys.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
well seeing as it starts at 6, i might be able to make this one, and i will make it for sure if we dont do singles first, but we probably will,
anywhoo the only one i want would be brawl singles(yes this is my vote) idc about the other 3

also i will be accepting any MM's, random, mains, alts, ETC.. although they will probably only be for a buck cause im not DIESEL rich

OH and something i should note, since i know X will read this since the words MM is in my post

X i dont think we will be able to use our low tier shenanigans anymore, cause a new tier list will be out before the tourney and i see fox and sonic rising >.<

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it will be starting at 6 rather than the normal 1-130, and I will be starting right at 6 so please try to be here by 5:30.
I thought you said something about him wanting you to move the tourney a week later or something, unless I heard you wrong.

Masta ov Deth

Smash Rookie
Hello, in case you didn't notice, this is my first post. I have heard that the ToF will be held at the South Jordan P&T next week. If this is true then I will likely attend bring one friend with me. We would like to get good and smash, but as of now I would say we aren't anywhere close =p. We might just be easy wins for some of you, but we plan on making an effort. The purpose of this post is basically just to confirm the time/location. I also assume all rules on the first post of this thread still apply, yes?

DZLE

Smash Master
Hello, in case you didn't notice, this is my first post. I have heard that the ToF will be held at the South Jordan P&T next week. If this is true then I will likely attend bring one friend with me. We would like to get good and smash, but as of now I would say we aren't anywhere close =p. We might just be easy wins for some of you, but we plan on making an effort. The purpose of this post is basically just to confirm the time/location. I also assume all rules on the first post of this thread still apply, yes?
I can promise you two things.

The first thing, I will sandbag you the hardest you have ever been sandbagged if we face eachother in the tourney. This will bring you great shame, and me great pleasure.

The second thing, I will make you the best super smash brothers player utah has ever seen, and you shall in turn sandbag me, own me, then buy me ice cream to stop the crying.

This is how I do things. Accept it, and you shall profit.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It's actually at the draper PnT, but it's only a few minutes away from the South Jordan one. You guys should definitely come. This one is acutally starting at 6:00 pm this time, cause the manager is ********, but yeah it's still happening.

And coming to tournaments is the best way to get good. And don't be afraid to ask people to play friendlies or ask for advice. Most people would be more than happy to help you out.

So yeah, you guys should definitely come :)

Edit: LOL at DZLE :laugh:

DZLE

Smash Master
Oh yeah I forgot to mention the nice stuff. Thanks for the reminder Kenny :D

As Kenny said, if you wanna play one of us, just say FRIENDLY MEEEEEE or some quiet variation of that.
If you want tips, say GIVE ME TIPSSSS or a quiet variation of that.
We will point out stuff you do wrong in a match. This is to get you better, not break you down (i do that part when I sandbag you).
We will help you out :D Utah has awesome players. Come for sure, it will be a blast.

Masta ov Deth

Smash Rookie
I will have to find directions to the other store, but that should not be difficult. Do I need to register or anything like that or just show up? Oh, and I don't buy ice cream for anyone, it must be earned. ;)

EDIT: It is possible to enter both singles and doubles, yes?

DZLE

Smash Master
I will have to find directions to the other store, but that should not be difficult.
Nah, it is easy as 1 2 3!

Do I need to register or anything like that or just show up?
Just show up, registration starts at the store near tourney time.

Oh, and I don't buy ice cream for anyone, it must be earned. ;)
I earn it in the fact that I teach you everything you will ever know in existance about smash!
...Jeez if that's not enough then I don't know what is.

EDIT: It is possible to enter both singles and doubles, yes?
Yes. which you should, because it is just great.

Masta ov Deth

Smash Rookie
One last question for the time being, why does it say that wireless controllers are discouraged? I only own a wireless one as of now, but I need to get a new one anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

EDIT: Real last question: It says this in the banned stage list "Onett (1v1 ONLY)." Does that mean banned on 1 v 1 only, or allowed on 1 v 1 only?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
People can still use them, it's just wireless controllers seem to have a lot more problems than normal ones and controller malfunctions can't have any effect on the match (i.e. restarting the match due to your batteries dying/wireless syncing problems or anything else that can go wrong with wireless controllers.)

So you can use wireless controllers, but if there is some problem during a match you are responsible for it and there isn't much you can do. It's just discouraged because there are more things that can go wrong with them, at least that's all I can think of.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
I won't be attending this tournament. Sorry Waff, our plan isn't going to work out :(

DZLE

Smash Master
YAZ NOT GONNA BE THERE?!
IS KENNY GONNA BE THERE?! AND DRYU?!

Uhhh btw waff just letting you know
I don't love you because I am going to this tourney,
I am going to this tourney because I love you.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Whoa, not starting until 6?! Wow, that sucks...

Eh, then I guess I'll still come. Even though, like Yaz, I'm banned from entering this one, I'll still do friendlies with whoever. But are we still going to have Melee on one TV, or is Melee not even going to be available?

-Final-

Aria♪
A 3-hour Long Tourney? o_O If it stays that way, you should just move it to your house or somewhere else...

I'll be coming to this one around 5- 5:30

vazor

Smash Apprentice
A 3-hour Long Tourney? o_O If it stays that way, you should just move it to your house or somewhere else...

I'll be coming to this one around 5- 5:30
He said it would probably go later than closing time...

*sigh*
I hope everyone behaves themselves this time so we don't lose our venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom