• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yooo Kudou, don't forget your R4 + Laptop + whatever you need to transfer saves.

Anyways, showing up at Jokers around 5 or 6 hopefully.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys Evil Zangief from srk wanted me to ask if anyone has a 360 arcade stick for sf4 tomorrow? Because he has a tournament edition stick which is why he would like to keep it on 360 still.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I realized today that even though Brawl has not a lot of tech skill, people arent very good at being technical still. It boggled my mind when I realized this fact. People just try to win even if they look like chumps doing it. Then I found out that this is the reason I dont like Brawl that much.

Joker is one of the only players from Iowa who I can watch and be like "This guy has pretty sweet technical skill in this game" That's how good you are to me BABY YOKAH! Your the shit but you dont need me to tell you :p
Too True
10 YOKAH

you should see him L-cancel in pkmn pearl. :lick:
Thanks guys ^.^
I make the game look good, now watch me WD in Platinum >.<

We will be there FRIDAY night (tonight) around midnight hopefully, just to clear that up.
Kool cause I was confuse also don't forget to bring blankets and pillows also hopefully I'm still awake by the time you guys get here since I only got a couple of hrs of sleep today "yawn"

I found that old pic we took of each other last tourney.
I'm a pretty lady >.0

Oi, Joker, you have any plans for when singles and doubles gonna be? I'm planning on joining both just cuz. It's my first tourny and I wanna check all angles of the scene ^_^ (That's some nice cosplay btw...) I'm very modest but a fact is that I'm the best at Lincoln but I suuuuuck at Melee which was the old tournys there...Sfor and Yoon made me cry at that game XD But the last tourny we had was for Brawl and I won so I'm hoping I'll do (at least a little) good here too! Any famous smash players coming? I'm a noob so be nice yo.
Well it should be something like this:

• [*]Brawl Doubles(1:00pm)
    [*]Brawl Singles(5:00pm)
    [*]Melee Doubles(1:00pm)
    [*]Melee Singles(5:00pm)
    [*]Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom(1:00pm)
    [*]*Maybe*Guilty Gear(After TvC)
    [*]*Should*Capcom Vs. SNK 2(After GG or TvC)
    [*]Street Fighter 4(If there's no GG or CvS3 then after TvC)
Also keep in mind that this times are not strict ones in other words if your out eating lunch or are late just give a call to one of the people in the first page and I should hold your match until then.

In due time my friend, in due time.....
Agreed, maaaaaaaaaaan is like our match is not meant to happen T.T

Hey guys Evil Zangief from srk wanted me to ask if anyone has a 360 arcade stick for sf4 tomorrow? Because he has a tournament edition stick which is why he would like to keep it on 360 still.
I don't have one but give them a head up that SF4 will probably be the last thing we do in between TvC, GG, CvS2, which by the way is all in one TV but should be fine >.0

Kamig

Smash Apprentice

Thanks guys ^.^
I make the game look good, now watch me WD in Platinum >.<

Kool cause I was confuse also don't forget to bring blankets and pillows also hopefully I'm still awake by the time you guys get here since I only got a couple of hrs of sleep today "yawn"

I'm a pretty lady >.0

Well it should be something like this:

• [*]Brawl Doubles(1:00pm)
    [*]Brawl Singles(5:00pm)
    [*]Melee Doubles(1:00pm)
    [*]Melee Singles(5:00pm)
    [*]Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom(1:00pm)
    [*]*Maybe*Guilty Gear(After TvC)
    [*]*Should*Capcom Vs. SNK 2(After GG or TvC)
    [*]Street Fighter 4(If there's no GG or CvS3 then after TvC)
Also keep in mind that this times are not strict ones in other words if your out eating lunch or are late just give a call to one of the people in the first page and I should hold your match until then.

Agreed, maaaaaaaaaaan is like our match is not meant to happen T.T

I don't have one but give them a head up that SF4 will probably be the last thing we do in between TvC, GG, CvS2, which by the way is all in one TV but should be fine >.0
Alright then sounds good, only thing is that tvc and brawl doubles start at the same time so it's going to annoy those that are waiting for me and shad bad or me for tvc lol. Also joker remember how last time I went we were going to have a mirror snake 1v1? Well we should totally do that, also shad bad might have a mirror sonic 1v1 with blank. So if we both end up having our snake and sonic 1v1s we should do a team snake vs. sonic

or we can do a sonic and snake team match. It would be awesome.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Alright then sounds good, only thing is that tvc and brawl doubles start at the same time so it's going to annoy those that are waiting for me and shad bad or me for tvc lol. Also joker remember how last time I went we were going to have a mirror snake 1v1? Well we should totally do that, also shad bad might have a mirror sonic 1v1 with blank. So if we both end up having our snake and sonic 1v1s we should do a team snake vs. sonic

or we can do a sonic and snake team match. It would be awesome.
It's all good we always end up waiting for matches cause some ppl play Melee/Brawl so yeah >.0
Also we can do either 1v1 or 2v2 >.<

Joker, I'll probably show up around 11 tonight!
I'll try to stay awake :tired:

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
If you want me to do a life stream at this tourney so you know whats going on (because you couldn't make it.), please post comments if you do or not, because if you don't reply I won't do a stream.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
I'llpost when the Winners Finals will be up for Doubles and Singles so those who want to can watch.

Call me at 515-313-3284 if you want to see something different or Skype.

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
Thanks all for allowing us, Grinnell, to participate in the tournament again.
It's apparent that we still have a lot of work to do, especially in doubles, lol.

Good games to those that I played with in Melee Singles and Brawl Singles.
I'm glad I actually won one in Melee xP, and those were some tough games in the Loser's Bracket of Brawl.

Oh, and that one game, the one we called "button mash," was immensely fun for the short time we played it.
Button mash ftw. <3

Thanks all again. It was a ton of fun.
Hope to see you at the next monthly.

~ Twink of Grinnell

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Okay guys here's the results I'll do shoutouts and stuff later :tired:

Brawl Doubles:

1: Why So Serious?:snake::metaknight:
2: Daunting Mountain Presents: Team Real Team:gw::wario:
3: Ganstear:ganondorf::sonic:
4: Blue Scadoo You Can Too!
5: Folks
5: Proficient
7: Gerudo Cornflakes
7: Tiers Tears
9: Dumbledii
9: KCMM
9: Retartar
9: Littlefoot N' Lazores

Brawl Singles:

1: Joker:snake:
2: Cook:olimar:
3: Kit:warioc:
4: Blank:sonic:
5: Jordan:gw:
5: Metal:dedede:
7: Razor:metaknight:
7: Twink:marth:
9: Future
9: Jlo
9: Uli
9: The Batman
13: Schism
13: -BC-
13: Steave
13: Mduo
17: Nyus
17: Sinder
17: Captain Love
17: Bonehimer
17: BCRF
17: Ngamer 3K
17: Mook
17: CBK
25: Bad
25: Popo
25: Vadorseven
25: Neon
25: Kamig
25: CTX
25: Smeesh

PortCity

Smash Ace
Ya'll still letting Joker win all these tournaments? It has been dang near a year :) ... Anyway what day's are looking good for the summer? I finish my test Tuesday, and Sluys gets back Wednesday, so we can setup a summer schedule.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Blank's too good if he really used Sonic

edit: wtf, Uli placed higher than Smeesh!? Too good

where was JBM in this brawl tourney?
JBM was The God**** Batman.

I really should've stayed Sonic against Cook, or even Diddy or Falco, but I wanted to learn the matchup against Olimar without a projectile, and Sonic IS a projectile lol. Congrats on 2nd to that guy btw. :p

Shoutoutssss:

Joker: I love you too, more hugs and a pokemon battle next tourney.

Cook: Again, grats on 2nd. You're always a tough match, I'll have to put up more of a fight next time.

Kit: Can't believe we didn't get to play you guys in dawbles. Nice job on 3rd.

Jordan: Playing the two lightest characters in the game ensured that our match had to ALWAYS be down to the wire. I could never have a comfortable lead, great set. Hope you find some relief in all the busy stuff you've been doing, and find someone to do that 400(?) dollar money match with you. You could always make money performing with your amazing singing talents. :laugh:

Metal: You knocked out both the Peaches I have trouble with, couldn't have made it without you. :p

Razor: Our match was close. What was this, our first tourney match in a long while right? Thanks for mindgaming me so you could CP Pipes, guess I haven't learned my lesson yet lol.

Twink: We didn't get to play but stop breaking my Wii! Lol just kidding, glad you showed up. Nice job, top eight.

Future: I am afraid of the pink dinosuar in yellow dancing shoes nao. :ohwell:

Jlo: We could have taken doubles but we sandbagged with our secondaries. Partner up again next time?

Uli: Brawl+ is funsies, hope to see you at JBM's.

JBM: You've got the right idea with MK, keep it up.

Schism: Why do you like little boys?

BC: "I can't wait to destroy you." Lol nice seein ya again.

Mduo: Good to see you again too, shame we didn't get to play at all though. Maybe at Joker's sometime.

Nyus: Fun stuff in teams. I guess I never really played your main 1vs1 yet. Its good I guess, not healthy for Wario to develop a taste for hedgehogs, they're pretty scarce.

C.Love: We gotta pokemon battle dude. My team is so fun.

Bone: Gtfo with your "originality" and "creativity." Maelstrom and Valkyrie are bamf names and you know it. Also, thanks for letting me use your DS.

CBK: Haven't seen you in forever too. Love your Pika, I'll have to expect you next year? lol.

Shad Bad: It was cool you showed up, we had some nice matches. If you ever need the heads up on the homebrew channel and stuff I can kind of point you in the right direction, but to be honest I have never done a 4.0 wii myself.

Kamig: Enjoy Namco X Capcom. =D

Smeesh: I'm lucky I didn't play you. Your Peach is still amazing to watch.

Kudou: Thanks for lending me your R4 bro, and giving me rides too.

Anyways, fun tourney. Left me completely wiped out though. Hopefully not my last biweekly before I move down to Georgia. GGs, and glad everyone showed up.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
If JBM was Batman then dang, he did better than I thought he would.

I could make the next tournament if its on the 20th, but that's less than a month away. I cant make any other tourney date other than that this month unfortuanately.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
thanks blank appreciate it.

razor thank you for all the coaching i really needed it, i think i'm goin on the right way after all the matchup discussion and such, still inexperienced buy i know what to do most of the time.

I have a pretty strong feeling that top 3 in brawl will have jbm in it next time.

gantrain05

Smash Master
good **** at the tourney, i had to eat some tough losses pretty early but im still satisfied with how i was playing i guess lol.

Joker - stop getting first man, why should i even try anymore lol.

Cook - good **** on 2nd man, i watched those matches and it was pretty **** close, best olimar in the MW son, keep reppin.

blank - nice on 4th, you represented sonic like a pro, best sonic that i've ever seen. we'll win doubles next time tho, 3rd place is aight, but it just isn't first lol.

Jordan - OMG! we didn't have to play each other for once in like 4 months. you should have lost to razor so that i didn't have to lose to him later tho. also i will be mailing the $828 to your address. if you don't get it then i guess it got lost in the mail and i'm truly sorry.

Metal - great job man, that DDD is pretty rockin, epic matches man.
kit - 3rd place, very very nice my friend, unfortunately i didn't get to watch any of ur matches =/

Razor - good ****, thought i had you but you ended up beating me AGAIN, next time my friend.

Uli - good **** man, your marth is looking pretty good, i think if you just practice you'll be twice as good next month.

JBM - same thing as Uli, pretty much you guys are already really good at this game and you guys hardly play, you guys will be winning money if the rest of us don't step up our game, you guys are gonna be too good.

and for melee. i got pooped kinda, im gettin the hang of the game tho, i'll be practicing up on my falco so you guys watch ur ***** =P

Top Bottom