• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
if he skipped in insulation...he'd be hurting himself.....

o_O
Yes. Basically it suggests an evolutionary priority of killing the opponent, even at the cast of being hurt himself. Not necessarily no insulation, just too weak to prevent some of it from bleeding off when he uses powerful shocks,

if it doesnt have insulation, wouldnt it be killing istelf in order to build up the charge?
Not "no", just INSUFFICIENT to fully protect himself. AKA, not enough layers.

How much strength can Pichu really put into that? She weighs less than five pounds, and how tough of a skull will Pichu have compared to Squirtle's?

We were talking about an electricity delivery mechanism dude, pichu uses headbutt to delivery the electricity.

Of course it's an odd headbutt since he's gotta hit with his cheeks, but still.

sammy p

Smash Lord
without their abilities id say its pretty darn close to a draw!
both are very fast. but wouldnt squirtly be just a bit bigger, making him a little stronger?
im just gonna say squirtle. pichu is too small

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
without their abilities id say its pretty darn close to a draw!
both are very fast. but wouldnt squirtly be just a bit bigger, making him a little stronger?
im just gonna say squirtle. pichu is too small
IRL Squirtle is not fast, his legs are built wrong and his shell makes him awkward.

Both of their abilities are realistic to have, they're only nerfed by real life (aka, shocks require contact and squirtle can't get the pressure to do a lot of damage).

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
You know, I think that Pichu could be able to use electrical abilities.

Animals with electrical powers do exist in nature (electric eel, electric catfish, etc)

tocador

Smash Lord

Sorry, couldn't help it, I'm pretty sure most people would know where that image is from. XP

Alright, Pichu and Squirtle, seeing how Pichu could kick Squirtle down on his back since Pichu is fast enough to pull it off. I'll give Pichu the win.
So epic :B!

I still think that when squirlt is inside his shell he is kinda ivulnerable to pichu.

trumpet210

Smash Rookie
Hooray Pichu vs Squirtle....WITH NO ABILITIES! (for those that don't wish to read the op)

Well Squirtle obviously has better defenses, he has a shell
Pichu's got speed on the on squirtle though

None are really known for physical prowess, but squirtle could be creative and shell ram

I'm not sure what Pichu could do if squirtle retreated into his shell, but toss it...

These are just ideas off the top of my head...not making a decision yet...

Oh, but electricity for pichu is realistic...but...it'll kill itself shocking something...:laugh: wow...
But pichu would be super effective.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I forgot where this is from, i want to see that video aggain, PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND IT ><><><><><>><><><.
$00pah Nin10doh! from newgrounds. It's a really weird name so that explains why it's not easy to find. >.<

Sieguest

Smash Master
1. lol at MK's BS! That is now officially my new computer wallpaper!

@people saying squirtle is bigger and better...
the only thing that theory applies to is Texas...
really though bigger isn't always better...if squirtles withdraws Pichu can always knock it away somewhere...

@people asking is pichu strong enough to topple squirtle...
yes....due to squirtles...turtle construction...he'll topple easily on two feet...
if Pichu has enough speed and lands a chest blow then topple...is win....
as to squirtle's rebound Pichu can play the annoying rat that stays on top of you!

@McDingus- too bad this isn't a err....Imah use thunder and own the squirtle match...no excessive abilities...

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Rock Smash
  • Stealth Rock
  • Guillotine
|
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.
  • Bisharp can hit Alakazam's spoons like his Metal Claws, which makes them behave just like them until they return to Alakazam.
|Alakazam and Armantle have amazing synergy as always, and set up for Bisharp's potent finishers and traps with their various ways to manipulate the field and foe alike. A good team for any skill level, they come with a great mixed bag of aerial and ground traps, punishes, damage wracking and KO options.

Sieguest

Smash Master
See: b00z3r, also, i dont think his shell would slide around like a koopa's in RL
@.@

What i seehappening is that his tail can easily help him right himself, and again, what can pichu do to him when he flips?
The time it takes squirtle to flip will just leave it open to another shot...(during the flip..) Pichu can also just pester squirtle when knocked so that squirtle won't have time to flip...

As for the electricty, Im wondering if it can pass through the shell, considering how little of a shock it is due to Pichu's size. Keratin should be a decent insulator due to the bajillion layers absorbing the charge....
Iunno...pichu may easily deliver a shock when it decides to topple squirtle the first time...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Just making sure this is kept in mind, but Squirtle is four times the weight of Pichu. Pichu also cannot grab onto anything - really small fingers. Squirtle can maybe grab with his jaw.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Just making sure this is kept in mind, but Squirtle is four times the weight of Pichu. Pichu also cannot grab onto anything - really small fingers. Squirtle can maybe grab with his jaw.
Squirtle is top heavy (back heavy...???)
Squirtle doesn't have much range grabbing with it's jaw, and that can easily be turned into a disadvantage for the TINY turtle....

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Squirtle is top heavy (back heavy...???)
Even so, Pichu's fighting with small mass compared to Squirtle. And Joe is correct in saying that Squirtle's tail helps keep his balance.

Squirtle doesn't have much range grabbing with it's jaw, and that can easily be turned into a disadvantage for the TINY turtle....
Squirtle might have a jaw similar to a Common Snapping Turtle (or not, but its a possibility). Really tough jaw bones.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Even so, Pichu's fighting with small mass compared to Squirtle. And Joe is correct in saying that Squirtle's tail helps keep his balance.
Squirtles body structure puts more weight to his back, so even with his tail, if he's pushed while on two feet, he's going over, he just has too much weight to his back to sustain himself against a force on two feet...

Squirtle might have a jaw similar to a Common Snapping Turtle (or not, but its a possibility). Really tough jaw bones.
If he can get the grab, again squirtle's jaw grabbing range is limited...it'd have to get into Pichu's immediate range, and lean to reach at the little mouse, that just leaves squirtle's back open for Pichu to climb on and punish squirtle's noggin...

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Stealth Rock
  • Whirlpool
  • Strength
|
  • Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.
  • Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.
  • When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.
|This team is all about stage control, with the ability to create solid stage that can't be destroyed, float two kinds of traps in the air, and just bully the foe in general with the environment they set up. It takes a bit of a higher learning curve to get down the preparation and momentum building with the team, but mastering their nuances will be well worth it.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Pichu has to be in range of his jaws to do anything to squirtle in the first place, Marthage
noted...Pichu can out mobilize squirtle and jump over it...and onto it's back...noggin in's trouble now..

still...squirtle takes too many risks leaning trying to jaw clamp pichu...
plus...pichu strategic placement says the closest thing to squirtle is pichu's head...and what does that mean...
ELECTRICITY! :)

If squirtle went for any other part of the body,then he's giving too much time...plausible, but not likely to be successful

UncleSam

Smash Master
First of all, JOE!, why do you like my ideas so much?

If he can get the grab, again squirtle's jaw grabbing range is limited...it'd have to get into Pichu's immediate range, and lean to reach at the little mouse, that just leaves squirtle's back open for Pichu to climb on and punish squirtle's noggin...
second, grabbing Pichu is a bad idea, didn't Adum (i'm not spelling the full name out anymore, deal) say that pichu could use his electricity on contact? If squirtle were to grab pichu he gets shocked

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Squirtles body structure puts more weight to his back, so even with his tail, if he's pushed while on two feet, he's going over, he just has too much weight to his back to sustain himself against a force on two feet...
I dunno, I still think his tail could function like a Kangaroo's. And if anything, Squirtle would be much more likely to fall forward than backward. And again, Pichu's only a furry little ball of five pounds. Squirtle can shift his stance to fit the circumstance, and he can probably run fast-ish on four legs, even if not on two. I'm gonna use Dryn's hippo theory for this - a hippo can run over thirty mph on four little stubs of legs. And consider the weight of a hippo.

Pichu can only win the fight by entering this range. Getting in the range isn't the problem for Squirtle, its what he can do in this range. And what can Pichu do on Squirtle's noggin? She's only able to use Electricity. That's Pichu's only weapon.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I dunno, I still think his tail could function like a Kangaroo's. And if anything, Squirtle would be much more likely to fall forward than backward. And again, Pichu's only a furry little ball of five pounds. Squirtle can shift his stance to fit the circumstance, and he can probably run fast-ish on four legs, even if not on two. I'm gonna use Dryn's hippo theory for this - a hippo can run over thirty mph on four little stubs of legs. And consider the weight of a hippo.
A hippo is on four legs...the strategies employed for squirtle have it placed on two legs insofar...and a hippo is not a turtle, a hippo has way more strength to support it's body to carry it at that speed, it's body is adapted for this because of thier environment...turtles did not adapt an efficent body structure for fast movement...but their shells are extremely durable EXTREMELY! :) Also, turtles are not kangaroos...once again, the mechanics of the kangaroo are completely different from what a turtle like squirtle has.

Pichu can only win the fight by entering this range. Getting in the range isn't the problem for Squirtle, its what he can do in this range. And what can Pichu do on Squirtle's noggin? She's only able to use Electricity. That's Pichu's only weapon.
Pichus have teeth...they adopt because like Pikachus if anything grabs their tail they turn around and bite them...that's a trait developed for Pikachus ,Pichus and Raichus, it could always bite squirtle on the noggin...squirtle is not a complete tank from head to tail, and Pichu like most rodents have teeth...:)

Plus, an electric shock to the noggin is lethal...especially for something of squirtle's size...

Before you pull out the "withdraw into shell statement" remember this...
how long does squirtle plan to stay in that shell, then you'll just play the waiting game...

Shoot water?- Once again electricity trumps this...

tocador

Smash Lord
Before you pull out the "withdraw into shell statement" remember this...
how long does squirtle plan to stay in that shell, then you'll just play the waiting game...
Squirtle can stay all the time he wants in there, becuase he isnt going to be harmed.

If pichu cant hit squirtle from inside his shell, it is going to be a stalemate, because squirtle dont need to get out of the shell and pichu cant force him doing it.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Stealth Rock
  • Assist
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • Alakazam can catch Seed Bombs with Jab/Grab/Confusion, making them behave like his Spoon Traps, and allowing Breloom to toss another.
  • Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.
|Alakazam shines here with his telekinetic abilities, moving Fossil and Bomb alike to alter the flow of combat. This can lead to either very defensive or offensive play with how you utilize the interactions, on top of Leech seed either healing or burning on a foe, Alakazam's grounded teleport comes in handy when you can swap in a Breloom spore to give you time to think, or as always swap with Armantle in case he gets pushed offstage to give him amazing longevity. If Alakazam goes down, you still then have the options between high offense or defense based on who you make playable, making for a good choice for players who like to switch up their game halfway through a match.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Alakazam uses Dash Attack past the foe, grabbing them and re-appearing over Armantle and holding them in place like with Guillotine if they don't avoid that first part. After that, Breloom can be seen in front of Armantle as he opens his mouth wide, from ere you have about 2 seconds to mash buttons to "feed" Armantle seed bombs, each bomb he eats adding about 2% damage to what comes next. Once the two seconds are up, Alakazam teleports to safety, leaving the foe in the cross-hairs for eruption!
|

Sieguest

Smash Master
****it, i allready said this:

hippos run so fast because theyre huge! they can cover a ton of distance because of their girth, bring them to human size and you can out walk them when they are going full clip...

Pichu biting squirtle has an issue:

Are pichu's teeth good enough to penetrate scales?

Also, have we come to an agreement of how much Pichu cna produce, voltage wise?
I don't remember a human walking 30mph....
size doesn't determine speed all the time...sure size helps with initial distance covered, but Hippos still run a solid 30mph- which is faster than the human walking speed or running speed for that matter...(murf off topic...)

Squirtle has scales on his head? There's no way Pichu can bite through Squirtle's shell, I don't even think humans can well nigh bite through a turtles shell in real life! But I'm talking about Squirtle's head, or tail possibly...

about voltage:
Imah go based what I know...
Raichus produce 10,000 volts easily (pokedex data)
Pikachus can produce between 2,000 and 5,000 volts very well...(an estimate based of Raichu's)
So Imah guess Pichu at the very least could produce 500 volts without too much harm to itself...but going 750 may take it's toll on the mouse...
(again it's only a rough estimate based off of what I know about Raichu... so it's tentative)

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Hyper Beam
  • Stealth Rock
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
  • Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.
|A very "safe" team, this combo has access to powerful stage control, littering both the ground and air with Rocks, Lava, Trick Rooms, you name it! Once the set up is complete, Alakazam has a field day zooming around and taking advantage of foes who can't just *blip* around like he can, and score easy KOs thanks to damage provided by the other two.

UncleSam

Smash Master
And also according to pokedex data, Alakazam has an IQ of 5000...
and Metagross has the computing power of a supercomputer :)

oh and a turtle's spine is connected to its shell, Pichu conducting electricity directly to the spine...
Discuss?

D

Deleted member

IRL Squirtle is not fast, his legs are built wrong and his shell makes him awkward.

Both of their abilities are realistic to have, they're only nerfed by real life (aka, shocks require contact and squirtle can't get the pressure to do a lot of damage).
IRL sqirtle doesn't exist, so pichu wins... Oh, wait...

bobson

Smash Lord
Can Squirtle actually fit inside his shell? It seems like his head and tail would be too big.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Can Squirtle actually fit inside his shell? It seems like his head and tail would be too big.
*facepalm*

No it couldn't, I'm supposed to make the game-changing observations like that, how could I be so stupid? How could I not have noticed this before?

Look at him, the shell's opening is much too small and turtles have hard skulls, it's impossible.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Rock Smash
  • Stealth Rock
  • Guillotine
|
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • Bisharp can hit Alakazam's spoons like his Metal Claws, which makes them behave just like them until they return to Alakazam.
|Alakazam and Armantle have amazing synergy as always, and set up for Bisharp's potent finishers and traps with their various ways to manipulate the field and foe alike. A good team for any skill level, they come with a great mixed bag of aerial and ground traps, punishes, damage wracking and KO options.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This post has changed absolutely everything.
It looks like the suicidal mouse may just win from sheer luck of a Nintendo design flaw.....

marth13

Smash Rookie
Pichu is smaller, but he has an actual weapon to use here - electricity. Squirtle's too slow to keep up with Pichu's rapid fire attacks, and he doesn't have anything to beat up Pichu with.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Whirlpool
|
Full-charge Hydro Pumps will remain in the air/where they explode for 5 seconds when they hit Reflect or are Grabbed/Zair'd/Side B'd by Alakazam, and will continue to slightly push foes away from the center of the burst, but deal no damage.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

Sieguest

Smash Master
depends on how far we take the next few battles

anywho, what do you guys see about this match at the moment? Squirtle or Pichu advantage?
After rereading all the arguments....
I'm still kinda on the fence, leaning towards Pichu a little..
As of right now I'm thinking 6-4 in Pichu's favor....
only because the electricity could be used as a creative defense if squirtle decides to go for the bite...which has been the only...err offensive argument....everything else has just been squirtle on the defense, or having to regain its balance...so it looks like Pichu has dominance so far...

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
definately pichu - thunderbolt is super effective on squirtle. squirtle has what, water gun? its not gonna KO pichu anytime soon. 9001-0 pichu favor

Top Bottom