• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Hyper Beam
  • Stealth Rock
  • Nasty Plot
|
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
  • Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.
  • Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.
|A very "safe" team, this combo has access to powerful stage control, littering both the ground and air with Rocks, Lava, Trick Rooms, you name it! Once the set up is complete, Alakazam has a field day zooming around and taking advantage of foes who can't just *blip* around like he can, and score easy KOs thanks to damage provided by the other two.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Plus an air raid from her gunship,
Plasma cannon, dual power beam turrets, and ship missiles
Samus could spam hypermode by firing seeker missiles and hyper beam
EDIT: this makes me want to make an animated video of this battle
It'd be so epic XP

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
Remember Many Pokemon Have Attacks That Are More Devastating Or That Mimmick Samus's Attacks

Hyper Beam > Charge Shot

And Mewtwo Can Block Those Attacks... He Would Have No Trouble With Samus's Puny Attacks.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
and you can't look it up?
annihilator beam is an auto homing beam, even if samus doesn't lock on, even it it's out of her sights it will eventually find a target unless there is no target in the room, it is also fast, deals both light and dark damage, and can create a sonic boom as it's missile combo which can cover a long area and kill/destroy multiple targets at once
samus has weapons to deal with every situation
and we haven't even gotten to the command visor
I see. Well, what if mewtwo were to not only make Samus not aim where she wants to, but what if Mewtwo made her aim at herself? As far as I can see, while Samus is protected from telekinetic influence in her suit, Mewtwo still easily controls her and can make her do whatever he wants. But anyways, regarding the annihilator beam, mewtwo can destroy people's minds and create illusions. Comparing with that, I imagine mewtwo could make the missile target samus or something else.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I see. Well, what if mewtwo were to not only make Samus not aim where she wants to, but what if Mewtwo made her aim at herself? As far as I can see, while Samus is protected from telekinetic influence in her suit, Mewtwo still easily controls her and can make her do whatever he wants. But anyways, regarding the annihilator beam, mewtwo can destroy people's minds and create illusions. Comparing with that, I imagine mewtwo could make the missile target samus or something else.
I thought I had already said, telekinesis won't be able to get into her head,
telekinesis is the transfer of brain waves which are electrical pulses, samus' suit would see this as a unknown source and filter it, and while in hypermode it wouldn't get into the suit at all,
and whats even better, while in hyper mode if mewtwo makes samus fire at herself it'll only heal her since the phazon suit/PED thrives on phazon,
other than that boost ball would be able to get out of mewtwo's focus where she could just try over again...
again play echoes
...and corruption

UncleSam

Smash Master
Remember Many Pokemon Have Attacks That Are More Devastating Or That Mimmick Samus's Attacks

Hyper Beam > Charge Shot

And Mewtwo Can Block Those Attacks... He Would Have No Trouble With Samus's Puny Attacks.
all of samus' beam weapons go through barrier/counter
I said this like 5 posts ago - exact post http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8063710&postcount=2834
EDIT: srry for double posting
EDIT2: name an attack that mewtwo can use naturally that is similar to Ice spreader

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but that is one of the most ridiculous statements made in this thread.

Weather is one of the most unpredictable and difficult to control elements in the world.

As I stated, even our forecasts are highly inaccurate, reletive to what else we can measure.

With all the raw power we can create, how come we can't create a true tornado?

The level of finess required to control them is far beyond our technology, but not the raw power.

So it is both, a display of finess and a display of power.

The mechanics that stand are those that are established in-canon.

Ok, I'll give you that.

I'm sold, Samus again punches out Cthulhu.

But it lacks the fine control that mewtwo has displayed.

But, the fact is that then her psionics greviously injur samus, which does the opposite of implying that samus has an inborn resistence.

If he had the telekenetic abilities (remember he only displayed telepathy), then yes. And again, he never SHOWED precise control, wide-beaming a transmission to the entire galaxy is raw power, not control.

Assuming that again, his blasts were psionic in nature (which is never established), he should've been able to wide-beam them like his transmission and literally puddle samus' brain unless she had displayed complete immunity to psionics, specifically telepathy.

Which she hasn't.

Basically, you're argument doesn't really establish that samus could beat mewtwo, just that samus has a tendancy to be pitted against enemies that she never should've beaten, and the games just require her to, therefore, a wizard does it.

How so?

Hold her telekenetically and she's done. She's also shown no real resistence to telepathy.

It's not so much the fact that she's weak as the fact that psionics are god-mode broken except in universes where it's universal, or easily countered in some way.

Again, the transform is an assisted thing. She is incapable of doing that without the ghosts, or at least hasn't shown that.

So? That doesn't mean that she transforms into energy to do that, molecular compression is fine.

As for the rest, it's the implications of reletively finely controlled psionics with sufficent power behind them.

I've been saying this from the beginning, once you look into the implications of psionics, you realize that they're completely broken, especially when you reach the high end of finess, almost irregardless of power.

Evidence that the blasts are psionic? He's an energy being, but that doesn't mean his blasts are automatically telepathic attacks.

But again, not really. It shows how screwed up it was that samus won that fight. Samus has a combination of conventional and unconventional weapons. Gorea is an eldritch abomination with the ability to be immune to weapons and incorperate them into itself.

Samus, really shouldn't have stood a chance, and if he really does have the ability to make psionic attacks, he's high enough on the power scale to wide-beam them and puddle samus' brain anyway. He just conveinently DIDN'T.

Really, I'd love to talk about what Gorea COULD do, frankly they're pretty god-mode.

Why would Mewtwo throw her?

She would CRUSH her.

The problem is actually getting the hit, as I explained MANY times before.

Here's the problem with that assumption, "samus just screw-attacked through the big bang".

It gives her invincability frames in-game, but what the attack does canonically is more important to the discussion, it surrounds her with plasma and electricity.

That might burn through some materials, and make touching her a bad idea, and be a very powerful attack, but it's NO detterent to psionics.

The point is that psionics allow selective deflection/countermeasures, which combined with mewtwo's ability to sense samus' actions before they occur, mean that she should never ever hit mewtwo.

Basically it's like Ganondorf vs. wario. Ganondorf has a grab release infinite on wario, but will ganondorf ever grab wario? Not really, wario has far more then sufficent tools to avoid a grab, even though it's a 0-death.

Mewtwo can of course, hold her in place, and crush her telekenetically, which can happen from anywhere, has no charge up, and no travel time.

1) Because it is an attack and it does not make any sense at all. Example: Gyarados creates twisters with no wings at all and pidgey can use razor wind with those very tiny wings of his. It is a learned tachnique,just like RPG characters learn how to shoot lighting bolts from their hands, pokemon learn these attacks with the help of TMs.

If anything, Mewtwo might as well have learned how to do that with the help of TMs.

2) And it has not been shown in any kind of canon that pokemon have more than 4 attacks at once or that they can do anything else without attacks. As well as Psychic and confusion has not been shown to do anything other than fling people around.

3)I think you missed the part where I said that it was the most powerful psionic attack in the universe and that a fully upgraded samus can survive it 3 times before being crippled.

4)Because nothing can get inside the powersuit, only Samus. dark Aether is an example of that. Every attempt to enter it were met with the death of the pirates themselves, without piercing their armor, while Samus could survive in that environment because the darkness could not attack her directly.

And there is also the X, which infected her suit but did not manage to get to Samus herself. You must first deplete her energy field before getting anywhere near her.

5)There is also the fact that she has Chozo blood, that gives her psychic powers and most likely gives her the ability to resist mental assaults, otherwise making her the perfect warrior without giving her inmunity to Mother Brain, who was one of the chozo most powerful invention, would have stupid.

There is also her power suit. See above. That is a counter.

6) In every game she has shown the ability to transform by her own will. See: Metroid Corruption. In fact, the power suit IS her. She materializes her power suit using her power suit around her, she keeps her upgrades INSIDE her and she can dematerialize her body when using the morphball.

7)See above. She is the power suit. It has been organicaly added to her body.

8) Again, you are seeing the implications, but in the games and in pretty much every canon, Mewtwo's attacks has not been shown to do anything other than fling people around. There is no psycho crush or anything like that.

In fact, psychic is actually nothing more than a psychic beam or attack. Look at their descriptions. http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/psychict.shtml

9) You are still underestimating Samus's powers. In the manga, her power is said to rival that of a fully grown metroid, and that it vastly surprases that of mother brain.

Samus is the ultimate warrior of the universe, she is not a common soldier.

10) There is no psycho crush in the games. And the power suit will not break or be damaged unless Mewtwo can pierce through it.

11) The Metroid Prime 2 Log-book reads: It transforms you into a moving ball of energy. And it makes sense considering Samus has shown that ability multiple times.

And it gives her invincibility frames bcause of the fact that she transforms herself into energy.

12) so you are basicaly saying that mewtwo could use future sight to sense an attack and then dodge it and counter attack, as the attack descrption implies. But of course, future sight is very limited, and only lets you see a few attacks during the match, not every single one.

And there is no psycho crush. Confusion is just a psychic attack where mewtwo flings the opponent against the wall, and the same applies to psychic, just stronger.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
telekinesis is the transfer of brain waves which are electrical pulses, samus' suit would see this as a unknown source and filter it, and while in hypermode it wouldn't get into the suit at all,
and whats even better, while in hyper mode if mewtwo makes samus fire at herself it'll only heal her since the phazon suit/PED thrives on phazon,
other than that boost ball would be able to get out of mewtwo's focus where she could just try over again...
again play echoes
...and corruption
You misunderstood what I said (or I didn't explain well). If you're being pinned down to the ground by a group of five or six people much stronger than you, you're not stuck there because they're controlling your mind. You're stuck there because there's too much force pinning you there. Samus isn't moving where mewtwo wants because he's controlling her mind.

in that movie when mewtwo broke out of his status chamber the explosions he created could easily be dodged by samus, there is a clear path which can be visibly seen and can be dodged
Samus would dodge it if she could move from where mewtwo makes her stand. She can't.

aslo, could even his mind deal with teh sheer varity of stuff flying at him?

There are multiple beams of multiple properties....different missles, grapple beams, bombs....all sorts of stuff. Could Samus confuse mewtwo?
A while ago, we were actually comparing mewtwo to a supercomputer. i think it would be very difficult to confuse him. He's probably good at multitasking IMO.

EDIT: this makes me want to make an animated video of this battle
It'd be so epic XP
^This.

UncleSam

Smash Master
4)Because nothing can get inside the powersuit, only Samus. dark Aether is an example of that. Every attempt to enter it were met with the death of the pirates themselves, without piercing their armor, while Samus could survive in that environment because the darkness could not attack her directly.

And there is also the X, which infected her suit but did not manage to get to Samus herself. You must first deplete her energy field before getting anywhere near her.
and there is also the Ing! with the light suit they die whenever they try to enter your suit
You misunderstood what I said (or I didn't explain well). If you're being pinned down to the ground by a group of five or six people much stronger than you, you're not stuck there because they're controlling your mind. You're stuck there because there's too much force pinning you there. Samus isn't moving where mewtwo wants because he's controlling her mind.
Samus would dodge it if she could move from where mewtwo makes her stand. She can't.
EPIC FAIL
it's like you're purposely trying to ignore this post:
I thought I had already said, telepathy won't be able to get into her head,
telepathy is the transfer of brain waves which are electrical pulses, samus' suit would see this as a unknown source and filter it, and while in hypermode it wouldn't get into the suit at all,
you also contradicted yourself in the first paragraph
EDIT: wait you didn't controdict yourself you just didn't make any sense!
*facepalm*
Samus isn't moving where mewtwo wants because he's controlling her mind.
read this to yourself

payasofobia

Smash Champion

Because Samus too is psychic, is resistant to psionics, and her power suit keeps her from being controlled.

See above

A while ago, we were actually comparing mewtwo to a supercomputer. i think it would be very difficult to confuse him. He's probably good at multitasking IMO.

And Samus has defeated 2juiced, futuristic supercomputers that have stronger psychic attacks than Mewtwo before. (Mother Brain and Aurora 313)

^This.

Mewtwo is small time.

And I doubt Mewtwo would be able to contort Samus or do anything to her if he struggles to damage steel type pokeomon made of ordinary alloys.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yeah, what you said my master.

wait....that did not sound alright...

Anyway, in canon streght:

Games>manga>show>movies.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
EPIC FAIL
it's like you're purposely trying to ignore this post:

I said, Mewtwo is NOT getting into her mind. He is not manipulating her brain to move her. Mewtwo is controlling her and making her stay still/move away/aim her cannon somewhere else NOT by controlling her mind, but by much the same way he picks up large objects and moves boulders.

you also contradicted yourself in the first paragraph
EDIT: wait you didn't controdict yourself you just didn't make any sense!
*facepalm*
I worded it wrong. :ohwell:

UncleSam

Smash Master
I said, Mewtwo is NOT getting into her mind. He is not manipulating her brain to move her. Mewtwo is controlling her and making her stay still/move away/aim her cannon somewhere else NOT by controlling her mind, but by much the same way he picks up large objects and moves boulders.
adurrrr...
same thing
to manipulate the mind it's either sleight of hand (dark, X-ray visor deals with that) or alternating her brainwaves which he cannot do
you're still not wording your point correctly, I'm waiting for you to get it right

it was still facepalm worthy so I went for it

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo must know an attack that does not exist to do that.

Edit: Sith is better. That way I will become the master later.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman

Confusion is an attack where you fling your opponent into a wall, not an artery squishing or brain controlling move.

The only thing similar to controlling your brain in the pokemon universe is disable, and that just makes you forget a single attack, but you can still use the rest of your attacks....and it does not work twice.

Implication means little if it has not been officialy shown.

If we use implication, Samus wins because she has faced multiple galaxy destroying psionics before.....and if we are not using implications then the only thing mewtwo can do is fling people to nearby walls and make people forget about a single attack for a few moments.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Dragon's Rain
  • Hyper Beam
  • Strength
|
  • Feraligatr can fill Trick Rooms with water, with his specials and smashes generally filling 1/3-1/2 based on charge, and other moves filling 1/4 of the volume. Foes passing through the now filled Trick Rooms will be slowed to 1/2 speed, as well as the water absorbing Energy-Based attacks. The water depletes at a rate of 1/5th of it's max capacity a second however.
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
  • When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.
|Stage control is excellent with this team, as Armantle both uses his abilities to warp the stage, and then is used for both cover and a weapon! Z's Bubblebeam and Mud Shot are great here, trapping foes in hit stun or tripping to be followed up by Feraligatr, and as always fall into the constraints of Armantle's moveset. Although straightforward at first, all the little tricks and baiting involved will make this team have a tad higher learning curve, but getting to know them pays off big time with the raw power at their disposal!

UncleSam

Smash Master
Confusion is an attack where you fling your opponent into a wall, not an artery squishing or brain controlling move.

The only thing similar to controlling your brain in the pokemon universe is disable, and that just makes you forget a single attack, but you can still use the rest of your attacks....and it does not work twice.
you are also able to use the move you forgot again 3 turns later
EDIT:
dragon is saying mewtwo would actually move the suit around, not make samus move
I know, I was just waiting for him to correct it by himself

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
dragon is saying mewtwo would actually move the suit around, not make samus move
He said he would move her brain in the post above.

And even Psychic power has it's limits because, while Mewtwo has a very high special attack stat, it still has it's limits.

It's like muscles. You can be very buffed and carry a lot of weight, but you can't still move a ship or a truck for example.

If Mewtwo can rend time and space with a high special attack stat, then that means that Slaking could probably do the same and more with his muscles because his attack stat is higher than Mewtwo's special stat.

I'll say it again, Mewtwo is a powerful pokemon, but it is still not god. Arceus is god and he can still be defeated by other pokemons if they use the right attack.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I don't feel like adding onto RMG's post somebody else do it
*coughGunshipcough*
EDIT: but I will add onto RMG's edit
and shuckle could probably survive anything thrown at it, because it has the highest defense stat,
and Blissey could tank any hit because of her highest HP stats and one of the highest SP. D stat

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I don't feel like adding onto RMG's post somebody else do it
*coughGunshipcough*
EDIT: but I will add onto RMG's edit
and shuckle could probably survive anything thrown at it, because it has the highest defense stat,
and Blissey could tank any hit because of her highest HP stats and one of the highest SP. D stat

And shuckle also has the highest special defense too, so that would mean he could survive this 2 attacks then :sarcasm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_dsuTvJ8A

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Assist
  • Hyper Beam
  • (Triple Finish)
|
  • If Spore is activated in a Trick Room, the cloud will linger inside of it until it is absorbed by an enemy.
  • Pyro Flow's hot air will ignite the Leech Seeds on a foe and cause them to be continuously burned for 8% a second for 3 seconds. During this time they cannot be Seeded again, and Fossilize will put out the fire.
|Armantle and the two lightest Pokemon may seem like an odd pairing at first, but they each support one another wonderfully here. Armantle has the option to give his buddies rock-hard armor without any side effects, greatly enhancing their offensive games with the added defense, and the lingering spores and healing support Armantle as a tank in return. Offensively, Armantle can even trade healing for a decent chunk of damage with a blast of heat, and set up foes to be beat down while fossilized for the other two. Good for beginners, the team has great bread and butter strategies that will work in most all situations.
|
TRIPLE FINISH
|
  • Breloom will Spore the foe, causing them to fall asleep regardless of their %, and continue to release spores to keep them that way much like Belossom. In the meantime, Z and Armantle can be seen filling a DDD-sized Trick Room with Lava over the next 2 seconds, which when filled can be moved about kinda like Alakazam's confusion in mid-air. The foe wakes up just as Breloom stops using spore, making them all on equal footing, well except for the part where you now not only have Aerial lava, but if you smash the TR with your attacks, all of it will come pouring down onto the stage for about 40% to whoever is unlucky enough to be under it!
|

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
So IMO, Mewtwo being god is just ridiculous, so I say that the ultimate warrior from the univrse would just curb stomp him.

Let's just conclude this.

Samus wins because while powerful, Mewtwo is still a pokemon with limits, and Samus has faced much, MUCH, MUCH worse before. ANd her abilities counter Mewtwo's

payasofobia

Smash Champion
So IMO, Mewtwo being god is just ridiculous, so I say that the ultimate warrior from the univrse would just curb stomp him.

Let's just conclude this.

Samus wins because while powerful, Mewtwo is still a pokemon with limits, and Samus has faced much, MUCH, MUCH worse before. ANd her abilities counter Mewtwo's
I agree completely.

This disscussion really went out of hand because of speculation when Mewtwo has not done anything unlike other pokemons in canon.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Sharpen_APP
  • Rock Smash
  • Hyper Beam
|
  • If a foe is Locked-On, Night Slash/Metal Claws/Sucker Punch/Faint Attack all will home in on the targeted foe automatically.
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
|Bisharp is the MVP of the team, after Porygon-Z and Armantle set up of course. The ability for him to share lock-on and create multi-hit attacks from rocks stacks wonderfully with Bleed and Lava damage, not to mention Sharpen_App's homing projectiles on top of all this. Packing strong finishers in Hyper Beam and Rock Smash as well, it shouldn't be hard to keep the ball rolling even after Bisharp goes down for the count, as Z and Armantle can still capitalize on the great zoning projectiles and heavy armor he gave them to maintain the edge.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
The only projectile affected by anything is her missiles.

Not even super-powered graity can stop her not fully upgraded beam. Her fully upgraded beam is unstoppable, unblockable, cannot be reflected and pierces through everything.

And then there is her screw attack making her into a being of pure energy, making her completely undefeatable.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Can samus deal with he own projectiles being used against her?

(this match has been fluctuating wildly to each side...sheesh :p)
No, her fully upgraded beam can pierce through everything Mewtwo has.

So yes, the match will be decided in a single shot. And if Mewtwo reacts fast enough to use teleport then samus uses the screw attack and she wins by default.

Samus wins.....like always.

Now we only require UncleSam's imput and yours JOE!.

UncleSam

Smash Master
definatley, im more worried about these to be honest:

attack 1

attack 2

attack 3
Oh GOD!
not the muppets Rick roll!
everybody run away!

I find it funny how it takes 5 minutes for Vegeta to use his final flash and it has less destructive power than the Falcon Punch
payasofobia still has the most destructive attack
EDIT: I'll get to my input in a sec

JOE!

Smash Hero
i think mewtwo's bubble can stop screw attack...

and we're forgetting that he can change the envirnment, making samus change her tactics

UncleSam

Smash Master

and we're forgetting that he can change the envirnment, making samus change her tactics
mewtwo's bubble=barrier
it would take a large amount of focus he could only do one thing at a time you said so yourself
EDIT: plus mewtwo teleporting would be him going through an interdimentional flux, Dark visor+nova beam=headshot kill

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman

Samus will just screw attack through that environment.

The screw attack can destroy every destroyable block in Metroid, and with her fully upgraded suit, she is completely safe from every type of environment (heck, she is even inmune to viruses at the end of fusion).

And the screw attack can kill every enemy as long as it is not godzilla sized, no matter if he has energy fields or not. There are plenty of enemies with energy fields in the games that are defeated in one hit with the screw attack.

truth,m but couldnt he just retalliate when the beam is over?
No, if we are going by fusion's beams, then she has every power of every beam in one. Mewtwo has no chance.

Freezing, piercing, unstoppable, wide, long ranged, auto homing, phazon fueled, burning, damaging dimension powered, radioactive, lighting beam.

Top Bottom