• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Oreo and Wangston I hope you end up seeing this. calic canceled on going, which throws this smashfest off kinda. I'm not entirely sure if i'll be able to make it but it's possible.

Oreo: picking you up won't be possible unless it's by crash/kip at like 10:00 at night. Sorry this happend, i'm kinda mad about the situation too.

Wangston: This drops the amount of people coming by quite a bit, even if i am still able to make it. If i am still able to come, it'd be me and you until crash and kip get off work at like 10:00. I'm almost tempted to abandon the idea and not come, but i still want to. Other possibility is to meet up with crash after he gets off work and ride with him there. Not sure.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I haven't been paying attention.

XD

sweeeeeeeeeet

Xisin and I gonna make monies.

wangston

Smash Lord
efffff...

well i would hate for you guys to drive all the way out here for only a few hours of smash. :( I guess i'm going to have to call this one off and try again another week

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Should be there around 10 or 10:30... I'll prolly have to call someone if I go to the wrong mall again. XD

Bringing my girlfriend, so we'll see how that goes.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
places i know for brawl:
1st. Overswarm
2nd. Xisin
3rd. ZERO
4th. Wangston
5th. Mister Eric/Zeni
7th. Hilt

places for melee i know:
1st. Overswarm
2nd. ZERO
3rd. Hilt
4th. Wangston or Calic
5th. Zeni/the one that didnt get 4th.

Good tourny guys. We should have told Josh before hand that we wanted to make this big, he said he would give us more time if we did. Although thats useless information now :/. Ughhhh, I hate being so young -_-.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
This tourney was amazing =D

YKS both made top 5 ;D

Shoutout time.

Hilt: Your Diddy is really good @.@ Sorry for knocking you out =( Good **** getting third in Melee though.

Eric: Good **** beating Hilt. You understand the match-up now right? =P

Wangston: Wow, you've gotten much better. Good **** beating Eric/me and getting fourth.

Xisin: You're going to beat OS one of these days in the finals, I just know it.

OS: You're amazing at Melee @_@ You're just flying all over the place. Amazing job getting first in both tourneys.

Crash: It's a shame we didn't get to fight. I wanted to get revenge from when you beat me on Castle Siege :<

Calic: Sorry for being an *** and using MK against you.

Corbin: I was worried that you'd beat my MK in the first game. You've gotten better. Come to more tournies besides S2D please.

Joey: ****, I feel bad knocking you out of both tournies @_@ Your MK's really good though. You were doing really well against Xisin in the first match. I'm sorry to hear you're quitting tournaments. It was a lot of fun crewing with you....

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Official Results and mah Shoutouts for my second to last tourny and s2d's last big tourny.

Singles:
1: Overswarm (Rob/MK iIrc)
2: Xisin (Marth)
3: Zero (Olimar/MK)
4: Wangston (Falco)
5: Zeni (Metaknight)
5: Mister Eric (Rob)
7: calic (Pikachu)
7: Cr4sh (Luigi/Diddy)
9: Metaflair (Metaknight)
9: Hilt (Olimar)
9: Ewbr (Metaknight)
9: Harris (Snake)
13: GX (Lucario)
13: Corbin (Wolf)
13: JDB (Ike/Fox)
13: ShadowBot (Game and Watch)
17: ChrishForEver (Don't know)
17: Aedrah (Metaknight)
17: Justin (Metaknight)
17: Josh (Metaknight)
25: Level 9 Snake (Metaknight...lol jk, Snake)

Melee Singles:
1: Overswarm (Fox/Falco)
2: Zero (Falco/Marth)
3: HIlt (Sheik/Marth)
4: Wangston (Falco/Falcon)
5: Calic (Pichu)
5: Joey (Marth/Jiggz)
7: Shadowbot (Marth)
7: JKip (Young Link)
9: Crash (Luigi)

Shoutouts:
1: Overswarm - Nice playing you. Even if they were just friendlies/melee, i learned from it. Congratz on winning.
2: Xisin - It's always fun playing you even though i know im gonna lose. Congratz on second, you will beat him soon enough o:.
3: Zero - You keep on getting better, i cant keep up with you. You lost your predictability completly, and you have added some mindgames. I bet you could be top 4 in no time. Heck, you could be top 2 lol. Keep gettin better and keep placing higher. Sorry about YKS :'(.
4: Wangston - Didn't get to play you in brawl. Congratz on 4th though.
5: Zeni - I would try to do better, but im qutting sooooo...... :/
5: Mister Eric - Nice on 5th. Didn't get to play you a lot today :'(.
7: calic - Nice pikapowah.
7: Cr4sh - Nice playing you. You keep on getting better in the matchup. Sorry i couldnt help you with it more. D:.
9: Metaflair - Probably my favorite match of the day. Soooo fun man. I love playing you for some reason lol. Great games man.
9: Hilt - Sorry that you got knocked out in a olimar ditto @_@.
9: Ewbr - Nice Metaknight man. Keep on improving.
9: Harris - Nice talking to you. Can't wait to play you on wifi.
13: GX - Keep on getting better man, you will get to the top soon.
13: Corbin - Didnt talk to you at all really.
13: JDB - Lol little bro, pretty nice for ganon.
13: ShadowBot - Dropping Lucario = bad
17: ChrishForEver - Dont know who you are
17: Aedrah - Same as Ewbr
17: Justin - Nice talking to you too.
17: Josh - Nice talking to you. Can't wait to play you on wifi too.
25: Level 9 Snake - sooo.... low.... @.@

Thanks everyone for talking to me and making me feel like i could improve. It was great hanging out with you all. Hope to see you all sometime later :D. Especially ZERO. I'm so sorry for breaking yks apart. :'(.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I onyl used ROB for my first two sets. One of them was a level 9 snake. :[

Also, I was Fox/Falco/Marth/Captain Falcon in Melee. XD

Tournament was fun. I love coming there, although not much money is involved. Sad stuff. The split between 1st and 2nd made sense, but I only made about $40 profit from the trip counting food / gas / fixing pot amount. :(

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Just thought I'd let everyone know we're going to be soon moving from S2D to Hockeyman's, the place that held Kakuna Matata for several reasons. We're going to try our best to contact the casuals so that they know of the move and where it'll be, and our best to direct them to smashboards, but it's just gotta too hectic at S2D and stressful. (We were kicked out at 6:30 today)

He basically told me today that the reason we have to cater to the magic players' needs and be sure we're not in their way is because the amount of money we contribute to the store through tournaments is roughly around $20 while if he loses the magic players he'd be losing half a grand at least. >.>

But whatever. There will still most likely be tournaments run at S2D by joey on the days that we're out of town and all the other people that aren't able to travel want a place to run something. I'm just done with the place :laugh:

As for the tournaments I'm talking about at Hockeyman's, these, unlike the S2D tournaments, will be regular tournaments that most of us are accustom to. Doubles, Singles, Possibly pools, a Venue fee, no time restraints, etcetera. Things we would normally expect to have anyways >.>

I'll post more info about the tournaments within the week and probably get a thread up for them soon as well.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
But whatever. There will still most likely be tournaments run at S2D by joey on the days that we're out of town and all the other people that aren't able to travel want a place to run something. I'm just done with the place :laugh:
Ehhhh, not really. Mabey Jkip could run them. Otherwise, it would be Josh running the tournaments :/. Sorry about that.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ok, so i can't travel right? My only option is s2d and kakuna, which i wont be able to attend to the next tournament(I think o.O). People are leaving s2d, so that means we have less people. Then who knows what the magic people will do to get us out. In the end, Josh will just stop running brawl. Kakuna is great and all, but i dont think its really worth looking forward too every 2 months or so. I feel like i dont have a choice but to quit. :/

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Joey, the kakuna tournaments would run once or twice a month, not once every two months. We're not going to be traveling as much in general, so we plan to do these things somewhat regularly.

wangston

Smash Lord
ggs all

Zero you played more patient the 2nd time we played that's why you won. I think I was more sad about losing in melee though, marth is soooo lame. I should have sand bagged those falco dittos and maybe you would have stayed falco.

Mister Eric BEEP!!! You are one of my favorite people to play are matches are always way close.

Xisin you are too good, I really need to learn that match up there is to much I don't know about marth. I thought gw might do well if he did well in doubles, but that's just a whole other ball game.

Even though i suck at melee i want to play more, it's too good.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, thought I'd go ahead and mention it in here. In January, EC is holding the national tournament Pound 4 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237419

Several of us from Louisville are planning on going, as well as getting cincy, and morehead in on the action. We currently exploring ways we'd be able to go about this, as well as figuring out housing details. Just so everyone knows, this is a three day event on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (January 16-18). School/Work will be canceled on monday, as it's MLK Weekend, but you probably won't get home until sometime tuesday, depending on when we get home.

I'm looking into various ways we could get there. The best, but most expensive, way would be for us to all take a grey hound bus straight to the venue. http://www.greyhound.com/home/ It'll cost about $70 per person for the round trip, but it'll be more proficient than driving, and according to their site there's outlets on the bus, so Smashfest on the Road! You'll also be able to sleep on the way there comfortably. I am, though, looking into discounts and group rates for the bus to see if we can reduce the price, which may be possible.

Overswarm mentioned to me about finding housing with one of the smashers, which would be great. If he can get housing for all of us, amazing. One problem I see with this though, is that we'd have to find a way to transport 10+ smashers to the building each night, but it may not be a problem, I don't know. If we aren't able to get housing with another smasher, hotels near the venue cost about $90 a night. Sleeping bags. Lots and lots of sleeping bags. Assuming we have ten people, that comes to $9 a night per person, roughly $30 a person in total. But this is only a backup if housing is too inconvenient.

I'd like to know who is interested in this, so i can get a rough estimate on what we have to work with. If you can confirm 100% that you're going, that'd be great.

Again, this is an invite to everywhere nearby. Louisville, lexington, morehead, Cincinnati, Indiana, wherever. You'll just have to meet up with us for the bus and whatever. But putting this off isn't a good idea. Four months is shorter than you think >.>

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm definetly interested. Hopefully nothing with school will get in the way.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
So I went through grey hound's site and called them, and looked at the two options of each of us buying separate tickets, and renting out an entire bus for ourselves. I called about renting out the bus and they sent me an email and i scrolled down to read:

"Round trip transportation for 1, 47 passenger motor coach departing Louisville, KY on 01/15/10 to Frederick, MD with a return on 01/19/10 = $4191.00."

So here's the deal. Tickets bought online are gonna cost ~$100 a person for a round trip >.> If we can get housing somewhere this won't be as bad. If we can't, it may be somewhat of a problem. I'm going regardless, though.

However, if we can SOMEHOW get like 45 people that don't mind paying like $80 that option's always available xD But a round ticket to maryland is gonna run us $100 a person.

So, if anyone has ideas of other options for travel, i'm open to hear them. Otherwise i'm gonna be planning on this one for myself at least, and those that have confirmed that they're going no matter what.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I would check greyhound stuff from places farther north, like cincinnati or springfield. It may be cheaper elsewhere.

If we got an entire greyhound bus full of smashers, that'd be sick as hell.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I am also interested in going, as for ideas, i am not sure, someone should rent get a big yellow school bus but if we can get a bus with outlets so we can play all the way there, that would be f-ing amazing

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I would check greyhound stuff from places farther north, like cincinnati or springfield. It may be cheaper elsewhere.

If we got an entire greyhound bus full of smashers, that'd be sick as hell.

Hah! Cincinnati is still just as expensive as louisville, but Springfield is cheaper. $80 for a round trip. I say we do this and get springfield (and OUGA?) in on the action. Smash Bus!

clowsui

Smash Legend
Smash Bus has to have TVs so that we can play on the way! x3

In other news Hilt we'll work it out more over xat...whenever you want to just send me a message on there and we'll talk :p

Kel

Smash Master
One thing we need to note is that there MAY NOT BE ROOM if we all buy tickets.

I used to take the Greyhound to Mississippi a lot when I was a teenager. They suck, they're boring, I hate them, but above all, they don't always have seats. I don't think they correlate how many tickets they sell with how many seats there are. For example: I was 14 in Jackson Mississippi at the Greyhound station at 4 AM. I get in line to get on the bus and they tell me there are no more seats left on the bus. I'm all "WTF I paid for this ticket" and the bus driver goes "well, if you really want to we can let you sit on the floor in the middle of the bus" so I did it. I spent about 7 hours on the floor of a greyhound bus in between Mexicans kicking me.

Now, I'm imagining that situation, only with 30 smashers. I'd be all for it if we got our own bus, but if a lot of us are going we probably won't all be able to get on one bus, or even make it on time.

Also to note:
ITS FREAKING WINTER AND WE HAVE TO TRAVEL THROUGH THE APPALACHIAN MOUNTAINS.

I've done the above before. It SUCKS. You think you're gonna die

That all said:
I'm in

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
That all said:
I'm in
:laugh:
Too good.

You're able to pay $5 to reserve a specific seat on the bus, so we'd be able to make sure that we'd have one reserved, in case that ended up happening, Kel. Or if someone wanted to save $5 and have the slight chance of being out of a seat, they have that option as well.

Or perhaps things have changed since then. I have no idea.

Oh, I called the springfield greyhound station asking about electric outlets, as some sources online say that the buses do have them and some say they don't. The person I talked to told me that it "depends on the bus" and that the only way i'd know if our bus has them is for us to ask the driver

-.-

But our bus having electric outlets is going to make a huge difference.

Also, if we CAN somehow get 40+ people (which would be amazing), we'd be able to rent out an entire bus and save a bit as well. Also I'm pretty sure that the buses we rent out always have outlets, just not TVs already in the bus. Which is fine as long as people bring setups xD

But as Y.b.M. and Kel have said, I'm going regardless.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Assuming I am able to come, I can probably borrow my friends LCD screen that attaches directly to the Wii. There is slight lag but it's a setup that people can literally play on their lap. I would also probably end up bringing my TV.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
People confirmed: Me, Kel, Y.b.M., calic, Cr4sh, Oreo, VaMP, SneakyTako, Kassandra, Infern, Overswarm, Quivo

People probably coming: smash, Tyr, clowsui, Xero, Xisin, Doctor X

We still need to talk to springfield, haha. I still gotta go through our louisville guys as well. Morehead too if they don't have a way there.

Also lol @ S2D thread turning into this ^^;

Top Bottom