• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
pretty sure if you try a dj nair on a good falco they will rip your face off quickly and without mercy

specially if you are at 70% or more

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
pretty sure if you try a dj nair on a good falco they will rip your face off quickly and without mercy

specially if you are at 70% or more
Why do people always try to make themselves right by ambiguously saying that the matchup is against a "good" opponent.

We arent talking about me smashing with my ten year old brother. Most of the time people arent even talking about mid lvl.

Its like guitar hero, if you arent playing on expert then you really arent playing at all. Nobody makes custom songs for medium.

How are they gonna rip your face off if ur are a "good" falcon and you have "good" spacing and you hit them instead.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Why do people always try to make themselves right by ambiguously saying that the matchup is against a "good" opponent.

We arent talking about me smashing with my ten year old brother. Most of the time people arent even talking about mid lvl.

Its like guitar hero, if you arent playing on expert then you really arent playing at all. Nobody makes custom songs for medium.

How are they gonna rip your face off if ur are a "good" falcon and you have "good" spacing and you hit them instead.
cuz matt will mess you up hes the ultimate falcon counter

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
because nair trades with everything

if you trade hits with falco at a higher percent and hes at lower percents, your gonna get *****

Tomacawk

Smash Master
matt IS the ultimate falcon counter so you really can't say that to him but I agree with that argument to pretty much everybody else, it's basically calling yourself good and making your advice "better"

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I will tell you some reasons. Double jumping and nair is really slow so it is more risky hardly anyone will fall for it because it is so slow. Two, Falcon's nair does not have a good below hitbox so if they go under you by a little you are screwed. The final reason, double jumping when pressuring or trying to approach with Falcon does not get the ladies at all.

I need some advice on pressuring shield. I hate jabs inconsistency when pressuring shield so I got to ask how to better continuously pressure shield without it or with it but tips on how to make it more safe.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I will tell you some reasons. Double jumping and nair is really slow so it is more risky hardly anyone will fall for it because it is so slow. Two, Falcon's nair does not have a good below hitbox so if they go under you by a little you are screwed. The final reason, double jumping when pressuring or trying to approach with Falcon does not get the ladies at all.

I need some advice on pressuring shield. I hate jabs inconsistency when pressuring shield so I got to ask how to better continuously pressure shield without it or with it but tips on how to make it more safe.
shield pressure like isai!!

Captain Jack v Isai MLG SF 2004

amazing isai nair pressure is at 1:03

JPOBS

Smash Hero
how about jab> grab>moveset?

So if dj ff nair sucks, and the hitbox is garbage what is a better alternative to approaching falco?
if its a platform stage you could always do waveland approaches into like ff aerials. if the laser spam is what's stopping you then make good use of the platforms to get around it and when u hit something make it count.

u could also try running shield (maybe a lucky powersheild) to grab if your close enough or sh nair oos.

Scar

#HarveyDent
shield pressuring is weird i've had the most success with knee jab knee because people love to try to shieldgrab that, i think knee moves CF's body just out of most grab ranges while nair definitely does not

spaced nairs over and over with a few jabs in there are pretty good too but the first hit of nair goes over fox if his shield gets too low

Meneks

Smash Lord
how about jab> grab>moveset?

if its a platform stage you could always do waveland approaches into like ff aerials. if the laser spam is what's stopping you then make good use of the platforms to get around it and when u hit something make it count.

u could also try running shield (maybe a lucky powersheild) to grab if your close enough or sh nair oos.
Kinda what I had in mind anyway by moving around the platforms with wavelands..

@nes n00b ill definitely try that

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

I dont know matt so maybe he ***** falcons. Yea the nair trades alot. But I was only talking about bouncing up and around falcos lasers. Sometimes you straight appraoch but sometimes u fake and make them laser while u dj nair over them.

shield pressuring with falcon, heh I really dont seem to get more than a few hits in an they are often risky. Sometimes I nair twice and chase the roll. I often jus try to grab- Im weak i kno lol.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
lol if you have them in their shield you should really just grab. I mean, grab -> **** is falcon's best real combo. Shield pressure with nair into grab is pretty **** though

there's no reason to shield pressure unless you're like, on the edge of the stage facing outwards and you're trying to force them to roll (into your stomp to knee) or you're just trying to get lucky and knee them through their shield

95% of them time i see a shield i grab them, and then i **** them, and it feels good

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
everyone should work instinctively empty jumping to grab into their game, jiano and hochiminhtrail are the only people that i see really use it often these days and its really frustrating for opponents

2 knees in a row, skipping the jabs, seems like it could produce some interesting results when i think about it, but i've never tried it. i like doing really late spaced knees though, like you would do to punish a spot dodge. if they happen to spot dodge you'll get them, and it hits real low on their shield so they wont get out to punish you with anything in time

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you know whats sexy

jab
they try to shield grab or they stay in their shield
you dash behind them then pivot grab
omg ****
or instead of the grab you knee their shield
then they roll away you follow and grab them

also bigd reminded me
you can jump wait then use the first kick of nair on their shield or hit them and you can grab
im not so sure about if you hit their shield and you can grab without them shield grabbing but
just putting it out there

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
you know whats sexy

jab
they try to shield grab or they stay in their shield
you dash behind them then pivot grab
omg ****
or instead of the grab you knee their shield
then they roll away you follow and grab them
Can falcon jab, in this manner against sheiks and marth? cuz of their big *** grab ranges?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
well im not sure about them
i know ive done it to dk ganon fox and falco
you might have to dash away first quick, then behind them, like a dd

but if you try it and it doesnt work
just jab, then dash away, theyll shield grab miss, you grab them

but on marth you should always try to gentlemen them at low percents
if the last hit connects, you can dash out and grab them and they cant do crap

im not so sure about shiek tho..

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ill give it a try in some of my friendlys on friday or something then.

This is kinda the reverse question, but how much of a threat to falcon is pikachu?

I decided to pick him up yesterday cuz I use to main him as a casual.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
pikachu is usually considered a soft counter to falcon
i think its 55-45 in pikachus favor

the most annoying thing is really only pikachus up air
its really fast OoS and it just combos into itself like 50 times
it only does like 3 damage each hit which is hilarious

other then that pikachu has a chaingrab on falcon which sucks
and edgeguarding is super easy because of the tail spike..
but edgegaurding falcon is easy anyways

other then falcon can combo that thing like he combos everyone else.. but thats about all he has

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Good lookin, Thats about what I figured from playing the comp for just gettin the feel of the little poke ****.

I like doing dthrow thunders with jab into upsmash.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
thunders?
that aint fox

and that definitely wont work on peoples
on the comp, i guess it will
but when people di the down throw you cant do anything really until higher percents, they go so far and low they just tech before you can reach them.. so if you wanna down throw youll have to tech chase

up throw is better at lower percents

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
im pretty sure you can dthrow knee ness if you speed it up

if not, just uthrow uair him, he shouldnt be escaping your combos with double jumping cause his double jump is slow as hell and then he dies if you hit him out of it basically cause his recovery is so terrible
i have jabbed the front of marths shield then quick pivot grabbed behind him as he grabs, but i'm pretty sure he can also grab fast enough to just shield grab any jabs

juke used to just hold down and mash A as soon as i hit his shield with any aerials so he would just cc any jabs and grab me, all i could do was try to run away or roll or something

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
thunders?
that aint fox

and that definitely wont work on peoples
on the comp, i guess it will
but when people di the down throw you cant do anything really until higher percents, they go so far and low they just tech before you can reach them.. so if you wanna down throw youll have to tech chase

up throw is better at lower percents
Well on ff you can combo like a ***** with upthrow. I just like doin the dthrow thing. ill get it to work after tech chasing them, cuz theyll try to not tech to confuse lol.

NES n00b

Smash Master
how do you fight ness?? LOL he jumps out of my downthrows and seems hard to combo help plz?
There are too many ways to beat him. You can combo with upthrow or downthrow (if they don't DI) or downthrow chaingrab if they DI. Your nair has more range than any of Ness' moves so you beat him there. Ness cannot punish Falcon's lag really anywhere while you can punish alot of Ness stuff. Ness is easily edgeguarded, obviously. You are faster than him.

The only way you should be losing to a ness is if you are not spacing right, you are too impatient and just run into things IE doing your offense technically wrong, or you do not get as much punishment as you should from grabs or nairs.

For the shield pressure advice, I think I am just not going to nair jab anymore but mix it up with run away to pivot nair or some****.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
yeah i only played against ness in a crew battle with 1 stock, but im new to maining falcon and dont know the matchup at all. but yeah standard falcon stuff seems like it would work, dont jump into the ****, etc

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
what the heck is up with this shield pressure bs

you dont shield pressure with falcon

you shouldnt ever break a shield with falcon so it doesnt matter

if your hitting their shield you either try to grab or avoid being shield grabbed
dont keep hitting a shield, just grab or get grabbed

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
shield pressure has little to do with breaking shields

its about making the other player feel unsafe about their situation and getting them to do something predictable and punishable

NES n00b

Smash Master
it is bs tho

ask anyone

are you afraid of falcon shield pressure

they will respond with

lol
First of all who would you even talk to besides otg, you don't even go to tournaments.

2. The same reason you would do it with any other character. To make their shield go lower, while you wait for them to try to escape and then counter it.

3. You can just run and grab every time that is just too predictable.

4. Since 3 is pretty obvious, the only other option is to dash dance around while the wait in shield while that is fine and all I'd rather hit ****.

5. I have done well with what I have been doing, I might have to change my way on how to approach shield, but hey at least I am going to tourneys beating some people instead of just go on Smashboards and posting stupid ****.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
rare footage of nes noob actually angry

loool

the only one i can respond to is 4.. because what? you wanna hit ish? thats retarrrded
do that to a good fox or falco and youll get shined out of shield and then what?
you get *****

playing falcon is about turning super aggressive and then super defensive when the time calls for it

when the person your playing is in their shield after you already hit them with an knee or stomp or w/e
then you dash dance and wait for them to roll, jump out or do something

you dont keep trying to hit their shield
its about hit and run when it comes to theyre shield

once you get a hit in, you follow up with a combo or tech chase or whatever

then once you get into a neutral position, you wait for them to mess up and you ****

and just because i dont go to tournaments doesnt mean im not any good or know stuff
i play plenty people other then otg

Top Bottom