• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i think you can test it in training mode 1/4 speed just do it as fast as you can. its really not that much harder than moonwalking.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wait.. he said everyone except for M2k.. I think you all get a facepalm lol.

But I know the frames on wake up when you try to roll from the ledge or get up attack, etc. I mean I know when to attack him inside the invisibility frames to hit you. But that's all I know.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
the only thing i know about frames is that the shine comes out frame 1

and im a falcon main

loool

falcon doesnt care about frames

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's not important to "know" frames, but frames are important to analyze what works and doesn't

after you know whether it works or not and/or is faster or not, you can forget the numbers

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea but your talking about what would work

"theoretically" you can right stuff on paper and whatever but no one can be frame perfect like that

i mean i understand you dont have to be frame perfect and your probably not talking about that

but if you dont wanna be frame perfect then you shouldnt even care about frames

i guess you could use frames to find out what windows there are to do certain things

but if theres even the smallest window you just get the feeling of it

like swd'ing i can do that ish just from remembering the feeling and what samus looks like when i gotta do it

idk frames are lame

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
did he just say "right stuff on paper"?
what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how am i supposed to take the rest of your post at face value when you can't even write? you right instead :(

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Jona, it goes something like this

Mogwai plays some friendlies with Swiftbass
Swift attacks Mogwai's shield with Fox's nair and then shine a lot
Mogwai always tries to shine OoS after the nair and never hits
Mogwai goes "hmm..... I wonder if it's possible to shine OoS vs. Fox's nair shine"
Mogwai looks up frame data...
Oh ****, frame perfect nair -> shine >>> shine OoS
Mogwai no longer tries this cause it doesn't work.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yea but your talking about what would work

"theoretically" you can right stuff on paper and whatever but no one can be frame perfect like that

i mean i understand you dont have to be frame perfect and your probably not talking about that

but if you dont wanna be frame perfect then you shouldnt even care about frames

i guess you could use frames to find out what windows there are to do certain things

but if theres even the smallest window you just get the feeling of it

like swd'ing i can do that ish just from remembering the feeling and what samus looks like when i gotta do it

idk frames are lame
you are one of the worst posters on smashboards so i only read the first two lines

1) if something doesn't succeed even if done frame perfectly, you can know to stop trying
2) while it's extremely difficult to be frame perfect on things, you can remember that it goes both ways; If someone has a 0-frame window to shield grab you, then it's not like you will get grabbed for sure if you mess up by one frame; they would have to be frame perfect in that case to get the grab

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I just look at moonwalks as dashing backwards. Sometimes when Im just trying to moonwalk I mess up but when Im trying to get somewhere I almost never have a problem.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
kinda like how fox can frame perfectly shine you across and off the stage to death. i do/see that all the time in the fox/falcon matchup

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Not enough Fox players take advantage of how broken that is, including me. I should just shine combo people to death all the time instead of doing fancy combos. -_-

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
waveshine =/= death... you just hold towards the stage and when the shine would send you off stage, you just grab the ledge and voila, you're not dead and the Fox player is sad that they didn't just usmash or grab you out of one of his shines so that he could've done more consequential damage. I mean, sure, if Fox players were all like Cactuar when their opponent was holding the ledge, putting you on the ledge and killing you would be the same thing and it would be a fair point, but thankfully, that's not what it's like in reality.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
waveshine =/= death... you just hold towards the stage and when the shine would send you off stage, you just grab the ledge and voila, you're not dead and the Fox player is sad that they didn't just usmash or grab you out of one of his shines so that he could've done more consequential damage. I mean, sure, if Fox players were all like Cactuar when their opponent was holding the ledge, putting you on the ledge and killing you would be the same thing and it would be a fair point, but thankfully, that's not what it's like in reality.
speaking of shine DI, darkrain is amazing. Every time he get shined off the stage he magically grabs the ledge. I have also seen him buffer rolls to escape waveshines from very technical players(kels/jman).

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
If Fox players were all like Cactuar when their opponent was holding the ledge, putting you on the ledge and killing you would be the same thing.
Yeah. Ledge = automatic 0-death combo. A slow 0-death combo. Involving you getting kicked back onto the ledge 987348923 times.

This game is gay.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i enjoy it, he always responds to anything directed towards him pretty quickly
and he's a pretty cool guy/cactus

demodemo

Smash Ace
alright guys, something i have been having trouble with

say i follow up a forward b with upsmash

what is a good way to follow up after the usmash instead of just kneeing?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
why would you do anything "instead of" kneeing?

time not spent kneeing....is better spent kneeing.
speaking of shine DI, darkrain is amazing. Every time he get shined off the stage he magically grabs the ledge. I have also seen him buffer rolls to escape waveshines from very technical players(kels/jman).
im 99.9% sure you cant roll buffer out of a waveshine unless the fox messes up

chize

Smash Apprentice
one time i was doing a falcon ditto with proverbs and he didnt DI when i did an upsmash so i did another one

the full combo was uair>upsmash>upsmash>knee>taunt>knee

it was pretty epic, pretty much the best combo thats ever been done ever and thats not a hyperbole or an exaggeration at all

btw it was recorded

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
alright guys, something i have been having trouble with

say i follow up a forward b with upsmash

exactly is such a ******** combo its so easy and yet people go
WOOO
when it hits.

there really isnt much you cant do anyways
i mean it depends what percent theyre at
you can dair them and hope they miss they tech
and idk tech chase or something

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
time not spent kneeing....is better spent kneeing.
this is such a true comment. everyone jokes about it but its so right. knee has insane priority and spam-ability. unless you need to nair for the distance/double hitbox (usually vs fox or marth) knee and uair are really all you need. just keep kneeing them; you can finish with edge guard (ledgehop reverse knee imo)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
this is such a true comment. everyone jokes about it but its so right. knee has insane priority and spam-ability. unless you need to nair for the distance/double hitbox (usually vs fox or marth) knee and uair are really all you need. just keep kneeing them; you can finish with edge guard (ledgehop reverse knee imo)
What? Pretty sure it has **** priority, every moves beats knee lol.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
What? Pretty sure it has **** priority, every moves beats knee lol.
About to say the same thing. The knee isn't safe at all to just throw out. Nair is. Everything beats knee - nair trades with almost everything.

Top Bottom