• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, to Omni, Gheb's play isn't that bad. If he is town, he has all of Blazer's posts, which almost everyone thinks were suspicious to some extent, to account for, and without knowing where Blazer's head was at that is almost impossible. Given that, if he stays alive we would end with a NL and a player who would be kept alive where town is kept with that nagging feeling he may be mafia, and be a prime target for scum to force a ml on later in the game.

Ronike

Smash Ace
So I was looking at FE mafia just to look at how much I used to suck... and man did I ever...

...Soooooooo... anyone wanna hear a joke?

Ronike

Smash Ace
*puts omni in a headlock*

ARE YOU LAUGHING NOW?!

Chuckle...

Anyone who knows where this is from is awesome

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, since this is the last time I'll be able to post in this topic for a while (unless Night phase is over quickly), this is just a reminder to everyone that I will have no access again until September 21st. Until then, I'll be camping without the internet.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Final Day 1 vote count:
Gheb (8): KevinM, McFox, Frozenflame, Handorin, Ronike, Riddle, Junglefever, Omni
Junglefever (1): Marshy
Riddle (1): Mentosman

Not voting (5): Rockin, Blazer, Chill, Omis, Chaco

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Over the course of the next few hours, a large group of travelers arrived at the spot where Zack Fair had set his sword into the ground before dying. They came from all over Gaia, from all walks of life, some in groups, some alone, some by foot, some by airship, some by boat... some were there far before the others, and no one knew how they arrived. A sort of microcosm for Gaia itself, these representatives of strength and power took it upon themselves to settle the world's issues.

One man had arrived alone to the familiar landscape, drawn coffin-in-tow by an unseen force back to the sword that was once his. While many began to throw accusations and point fingers, Angeal Hewley spent his time properly respecting the body of his apprentice SOLDIER. He cleaned Zack's mortal wounds, he put his body in the coffin he had brought, and he laid him to rest underground. When he had given Zack the sword, it had been free of wear, tear, and rust. Since then, it had been baptized by battle, cleaned each night after being bloodied by the deaths of Zack's enemies. Lost in thought, Angeal was unable to recognize his own impending death, as the group around him had ironically chosen him responsible for all these things.

"I will be your scapegoat," Angeal simply accepted. He surveyed the crowd, finding the faces of those he knew responsible for all that plagued the planet. He found comfort in the faces of those who had the power to stop them, and he met eyes with one who had yet to decide his own fate. He nodded. Without a fight, he knelt down next to Zack's grave, closed his eyes, and waited.

Gheb, Angeal Hewley (vanilla townie), has been lynched.

Day 1 has ended. Night 1 begins.
Night actions are due Sunday, September 13, Noon EST.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

The glory of the morning sun had faded from the Midgar skyline, and those on the outskirts of the city saw its true face. Mechanical and industrialized to the point that it killed the very land on which it stood, the city stood as a grim reminder of what would happen to anything under Shin-Ra’s control. Zack Fair’s buster sword remained stuck in the ground, untouched by those who camped around it.

“Emergency news: After the destruction of the Shin-Ra mako reactor in Sector 6, there have yet been no further attacks by AVALANCHE against the Shin-Ra company or any of their facilities. This break in their usually relentless series of attacks may signal the dominance of the Shin-Ra company, or may simply be the threatening calm before the storm.

“In similar Shin-Ra company news, the ruins of the Deepground medical facility in the ruins of mako reactor 0, deep beneath Shin-Ra headquarters, have been fully excavated. Shin-Ra released a report stating quote, ‘The excavation of the destroyed reactor and accompanying research and medical facilities has concluded as a complete success. If we are able to salvage any of Grimoire Valentine’s research data on stagnant mako energy, we may be able to cure Geostigma.’

“Dio, the owner of Golden Saucer, has announced that the annual fighting tournament hosted in Battle Square will commence in one week’s time. Fighters from all over Gaia are sure to take part in the gladiatorial event, as Dio has announced the the prize this year is the mysterious Keystone, a legendary item said to open ‘the door to the Temple of the Ancients.’”

With the death of SOLDIER 1st class legend Angeal Hewley on their hands, the group had decided to call a short recess to gather their thoughts. Some had spent the time resting, other arguing amongst themselves, and some took matters into their own hands. One such proactive individual met an immediate death, blatantly contradictory to his previously long and troubled life.

The group reconvened as they were summoned back together by the screams of lethal discovery. On the ground before them was a familiar crimson figure, dark red blood pooling around the man’s blood-red cloak. An unnatural implosion of his chest showed signs of internal struggle even after his obviously brutal death – in the ribs where his heart and lungs once rested now sat the tainted protomateria, Chaos, harbinger of Omega, the end of the world.

McFox, Vincent Valentine (town cop) died a brutal death during the night.

Night 1 has ended. Day 2 begins.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 27.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm going to go back and look at the Gheb wagon, and do a re-read. I'll have some thoguhts up later.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wow @ landing cop. I'll draw a new synopsis after a brief re-read as well.

Also, I am voteblocked.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I highly suggest anyone who is town Unvote Gheb now (since I believe he is at L-1) and look at the facts collectively. We can lynch a "weak" town player now, or we can be smart and observe the scum who is riding this idea in order to get an easy mislynch D1. These frequent bandwagoners will be our scum no doubt.
Omni, what changed your opinion so readily about Gheb? It was obvious, to me atleast, that he was a floundering townie put in a bad position because Blazer copped out when things got heated.

Also, I'm going to take a look at Gheb's suspicions. He seemed to be railing on Hando, pretty hard. So I'm going to go back and look at him in an ISO later.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
a lot of what omni said yesterday was just straight up wrong. it's dumni or scumni there. i need to look at that harder. but mentos was nudging omni

Omni

BRoomer
Gheb Train:
Kevin starts vote.
McFox, the now dead Cop, follows.
Followed by FrozenFlame.
Next is a vote done by Hando.
Then Ronike.
Then Riddle.
Followed by junglefever.
Ended with my hammer.

This is mostly for everyone's viewing purposes. I think at least two or three scum was a part of the above votes. Of course, there's a good chance some scum didn't vote at all.

This next group of information will be the Omni bandwagon. From my perspective, I am town so it is essential information when looking for patterns in voting and the reasons behind them. Those who believe I am Town or at least think I'm not scum should look at it from that perspective as well:

Omni Train:
I start with Chill because this vote was the only one left on after the RVS stage.
*Note that Blazer/Gheb unvotes after Chill's 3rd vote on me.
Hando becomes the 3rd vote.
*Claims "I'm not playing normal town Omni," yet hasn't seen a confirmed normal town Omni at this point in my DG career.
Kevin bandwagons.
FrozenFlame follows Kevin's suit (just like with Blazer/Gheb).
Ronike votes after most start unvoting and after being inactive.

I'll explain what I've derived from the voting patterns and behavior after the thorough re-read.

Everyone else should get together their scumlist.

Omni

BRoomer
Omni, what changed your opinion so readily about Gheb? It was obvious, to me atleast, that he was a floundering townie put in a bad position because Blazer copped out when things got heated.
My opinion of Gheb never change; I was completely sure he was townie the entire time. However, the more I protected Gheb, the more suspicion was drawn on me for doing so. Examine the players who were against my protection or found me defending Gheb as suspicious while you're re-reading, Chaco.

Ultimately, Gheb's desire to quit and never really play the game correctly with the combination of someone else inevitably dropping the hammer is what made me step in. Gheb could have been a strong player, but he came in with a weak mindset that I felt would stay in place the entire game.

Omni

BRoomer
a lot of what omni said yesterday was just straight up wrong. it's dumni or scumni there. i need to look at that harder. but mentos was nudging omni
Tell me exactly everything that I said that I was wrong. Mainly:

- My suspicions on Hando.
- My claim against Ronike.
- My defense/support for Gheb.

However, I do agree Mentos may have been nudging. I'd like to hear him speak up since I don't have kind of read on him at all.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
vote: KevinM

Now is not the time for unexplained votes.

Why is it that you and Marshy both throw down your votes on the same guy, so closely together and in the exact same fashion? Of course I can't hold you accountable for his actions but that's extremely suspicous. And apparentlty Marshy can read your mind. Swell.

Why did you go after mentosman of all people? Look at all the people who have posted since him. None of them caught your eye? A townie offered himself up for lynching. Don't you think the mafia might be quick to jump on that bandwagon. It's the most guilt free quick lynch I've ever seen.

Omni

BRoomer
Vote: Hando

Is what I would do if I weren't voteblocked.

Question: Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind voteblocking? I understand it removes the power of a Townie to vote, and yet, at the same time can be seen as a tool to take away distraction from scum player. Is the whole thing WIFOM?

I'm also wondering why I was targeted.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
it's wifom. you can't spot that?

Just a quick post to say that I still FoS Ronike to some extent(as well as Omni, although not as much since I believe his claim at the moment), and still think Riddle is a good choice to look at tomorrow.
elaborate

- My suspicions on Hando.
- My claim against Ronike.
- My defense/support for Gheb.
i agree with the hando accusation. i'm hoping we just wagon him, you, or scumfever

i'll comment on the ronike argument if you guys ever actually finish

however you were totally wrong to fault gheb for him "giving up". you wanted us to work on cases assuming that gheb was town. now there's a lot to work off of because mod said so. he was not "playing the game wrong" he was pretty much giving us more info through his death which was the right play given the hole he replaced into

It's not that, Marshy. Your role so far in this game doesn't suit well with me. You don't say much and when you do, it's normally because you're asking a question from someone else. I view you as a lurker/observer more than the active, dominant scum hunter I normally see you play.
what are you metagaming off of omni?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Scumni, did you use your ability last night (f indeed you are telling the truth)?

What are everyone's feelings on a Kevin BW. His unexplained vote along with his place in each bandwagon makes hiim seem suspicious to me.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
riddle why do you want to know if scumni used his power? i can't think of a town-aligned reason for asking that

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Vote: Hando

Is what I would do if I weren't voteblocked.

Question: Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind voteblocking? I understand it removes the power of a Townie to vote, and yet, at the same time can be seen as a tool to take away distraction from scum player. Is the whole thing WIFOM?

I'm also wondering why I was targeted.
My best guess is to stop a person from randomly voting in a illogical way. Really, I can't answer that. *shrugs*

Also, I agree with Marshy in terms of riddle. Why WOULD you want to know? >_>;;

Anyway, I'm gonna need to look at Mcfox's posts a bit more. It's very unfortunate that we lost our cop so fast =/.

I'm also curious as to why KevinM suddenly stop the train for a Gheb lynch. As said before, he wanted to eliminate a weaker player (chaco was his pick), so as to have a stronger D2 team. Now when a actual 'weak' person breaks after being replace, he starts to get hesitant. It isn't scummy, but it is weird.

I'll see if I can post up a bit more stuff later on

btw. Omni, you need to fix one of your links in your post. The one that was labled 'frozenflame' on the omni train didn't take me to the right spot I believe.

Riddle

Smash Lord
riddle why do you want to know if scumni used his power? i can't think of a town-aligned reason for asking that
Yeah I apoligize for that. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I thought that that would somehow clear Omni or something. Don't answer that Omni.

I'm sorry I can't give you a better explanation. I simply wasn't thinking at all. My suspicions of Omni made me ask a really dumb question.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm back guys, sorry about that.

I'm going to do a quick read through of what's happened since the start of Day 2 and post.

Omni

BRoomer
it's wifom. you can't spot that?

elaborate

i agree with the hando accusation. i'm hoping we just wagon him, you, or scumfever

i'll comment on the ronike argument if you guys ever actually finish

however you were totally wrong to fault gheb for him "giving up". you wanted us to work on cases assuming that gheb was town. now there's a lot to work off of because mod said so. he was not "playing the game wrong" he was pretty much giving us more info through his death which was the right play given the hole he replaced into

what are you metagaming off of omni?
I disagree that I was wrong in faulting Gheb for giving up. Gheb flipping Town has given us a lot to work on, but I believe we could have received a good amount of information with a Hando or Ronike lynch. If a valuable and insightful player came into Gheb's position, I do not think he would roll over and die regardless if it gives us a bit of information. From what I viewed, Blazer did not create such a hole that condemned Gheb as soon as he came in.

And I'm not trying to metagame at all. D1, mostly what you did was ask questions and place votes without giving us too much insight on your own speculations. I don't sit well with answering questions to a person who doesn't give us much insight on anything. No offense.

I'm still not sure why you're calling me Scumni. My two major speculations, Hando/Ronike, have valid arguments. I sensed that Blazer/Gheb was cornered town and attempted to defend him only casting more suspicion on myself in the process. If he flipped scum, I would be the play yet he flipped Town. Why am I still under your scumdar, Marshy?

Yeah I apoligize for that. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I thought that that would somehow clear Omni or something. Don't answer that Omni.

I'm sorry I can't give you a better explanation. I simply wasn't thinking at all. My suspicions of Omni made me ask a really dumb question.
Really? Hm.

I asked Marshy this, but I want you to answer this first: What are you reasons for believing I am scum? What makes you more suspicious over me rather than someone like Hando?

Calling me Scumni suggests that you're doing a soft bandwagon from Marshy. Let's hear what you think about me. Then tell us who you think the play is as of right now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Because Rockin, Kevin's plan was most likely not a real plan. It was just a "scare" tactic coming from a more experienced player. Around here experience weighs heavily. You can defiitely see that it does. That's why I thought Kevin's plan was stupid from the get go. Say Kevin and Marshy are scum. (Theoretical) And they propose the idea of getting rid of the weaker, town, players to have a better lynching team. Well then the nightkill comes round and one of the strongest players is eliminated. That's why I think his plan is an utter crock and we should pay him no mind. If he wants to start playing he can. But using a strategy like that will only help scum, and if he continues to pursue it. You have your answer.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm still not sure why you're calling me Scumni. My two major speculations, Hando/Ronike, have valid arguments. I sensed that Blazer/Gheb was cornered town and attempted to defend him only casting more suspicion on myself in the process. If he flipped scum, I would be the play yet he flipped Town. Why am I still under your scumdar, Marshy?
Rather, you get maybe some info on one person because he misunderstood what I said.

And you learn that I've been lazy in perhaps all of my doings in this game (and Megamafia, lately).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unvote
Vote:Chaco

Actually one of the things I would look to do as mafia is discredit stronger players. Which you've been trying to do to me all game. And you also use Marshy as your other scum in the example. Odd.

Chaco

Never Logs In
And bow you've successfully OMGUSd me, because Im undermining your authority? I saw this happen in a game on MS where the IC manipulated **** because they took to him for guidance.

Your idea is dumb. You're ****ing town.

How about abandoning your gung-ho ****, and play?

Also apparently you didn't notice the theoretical. Also you an Marshy have been meatriding each other since the beginning.

You're votes are beyond wishy washy, and you constantly flip with no justification.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Rofl you mad?

You keep wanting me to change my play style, not going to happen bucko.

It's effective.

Besides I had scum tells on you before hence the voting for you before this occasion.

I like how you try and say I OMGUS'd you but my ONE vote drew out such a harsh reaction.

Omni

BRoomer
I can't disagree with Chaco.

I still want to see a scumlist @ Chaco. You said you were going to do a re-read.

@Hando: What did you misunderstand? Also, do you think you've contributed anything to Town with your lazy play? You could be lazy, or it could be an excuse to hide the fact that you're benefiting from the cruise.

@Omis: I don't have a single read on you. Why aren't you talking?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Not change your style. But how about, I dunno, playing instead of pulling votes out your ***?

Also you've voted for half or more of the people playing. Got tells on all them to? Your charade is done.

Top Bottom