• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Ronike

Smash Ace
Um, no? I think that's a definite reason to stay on Chill. There are so far only two people dead against Chill's lynch, and it just so happens that we likely only have three mafia. Coincidence? I think not.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Deadline extension request. (Although I doubt he'll extend it, since we're in this mess due to inactivity)

Chill, all of that is pretty much WIFOM.
I already said I don't know what WIFOM means so if you're going to keep saying that you could at least explain it's meaning. I'm going to assume that I know what it means or at least that I know what you're implying.

I've already laid out why I couldn't be connected to Xsyven and subsequently why Ronikes reason for voting me is complete ridiculous.

If he is saying that both I and Xsy are mafia (which he seems to be) that would mean that I relentlessly pressured my mafia buddy on Day 1 when I could have picked any other player and nearly got him lynched made him role claim and then still said that I didn't believe his claim and I thought he was still a good canididate for lynching.

/run on sentence

Is not the most insane thing you've ever read? How does that even make sense?

Um, no? I think that's a definite reason to stay on Chill. There are so far only two people dead against Chill's lynch, and it just so happens that we likely only have three mafia. Coincidence? I think not.
Ok, now you're being stupid. Yep, I'm mafia and both of my mafia buddies are going to risk themselves in the most obvious way ever. The game has been won.

You're supporting your vote with illogical reasonings and actions. I'd rather stick with frozenflame but it's clear that you're just trying to get me lynched.

Not only that but you still haven't told me what frozenflame has done to help the town. I've asked twice and you've ignored me twice. That tells me that I was right, he hasn't done a thing and your reason for choosing me over him means absolutely nothing.

unvote:frozenflame

vote: Ronike

Omis

my friends were skinny
i think chill's a good lynch. i have the exact same mindset that ronike seems to have in that i don't see him and frozen being the same alignment and they're on the top of my list depending on what the other flips

who do you want lynched?
Im not 100% on who is scumming. I really dislike both Omni and Riddle because of the whole about to be lynched claim big role everyone practically forgets about them. It just seems really odd to me and there claims could have been safe ones given to them. I just dont like how name claims have saved their ases completely,

vote chill
There isnt anything better to do. I dont want another no lynch and it doesnt seem like any momentum is going to change.

@Xsy
Why do you think the mafia is four man?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
There isn't anything better to do?

Please do us all a favor and at the very least read the last few pages of this thread. If you're not going to do that give me more reasoning for your vote than "there's nothing better to do".

Omis

my friends were skinny
Deadline is tomorrow at noon. Do you honestly believe that we can get another lynch up and running in this time? I just dont want another no lynch. And dont be a ****ing hypocrite and tell me to get active.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yeah, cause mafia would totally vote on their team mate when theres little chance they will be lynched otherwise.

There is NO reason for mafia to vote on their buddy at this point. We need the entire anti scum to vote on a scum to lynch at this point, so its highly improbable we would hit anyone. And without plurality lynch at the deadline, its even less likely. So why would mafia bus when they are this close to winning? They wouldn't.

wifom is some variation of "the wine is in front of me" part of The Princess Bride. Mafia scum it if you still are confused. Omni got a safeclaim at the start, and the mafia wanted to put him as a sleeper agent in case every other mafia member got caught. So you sever ties in the begining, and then use him to supply doubt everywhere for the rest of the game. Which he has. THere's your reason.

As for frozen, I havent been ignoring you, Ive been busy. Ill get right on it

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well, you've both been inactive as hell, however as a whole, when he shows up, he actually contributes (look at the riddle vs Omis portion), whereas you have thrown suspicion around and pretended you haven't been inactive.

He's been on some people's cases. Less than the usual Frozen I'll give you, but he does contribute when he can, which lends credibility to his Johns I think. You just don't really contribute much it seems. I really don't want to sift through 27 large pages of posts to find specific examples, but he has contributed more than you.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Im not going to argue that. He probably has contributed more info than I. Im trying to do better but Im just not doing so hawt. Not Ate by the way. It just annoyed me how he was gone during when everyone wanted his lynch and comes up like the day before deadline and then tells me Im not reading. Pretty irrelevant though.

Whom have I been throwing suspicion at? I think Ive been pretty consistent on wanting to get Omni and Riddle lynch. Although Im feeling Omni a huge amount less because of what Xsy revealed about his claim.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Deadline is tomorrow at noon. Do you honestly believe that we can get another lynch up and running in this time? I just dont want another no lynch. And dont be a ****ing hypocrite and tell me to get active.
As I've pointed out numerous times we have no other option if we want to win. You're saying that you don't want a no lynch but the game will most likely be over tonight or the following day. So do you want to make a correct lynch or do you want to lose the game? The choice seems obvious to me.

I never told you to get active. I said read the thread. Don't confuse the two. When you come in and vote me simply "because there is nothing eles going on" that's terrible reasoning. Town has been letting people get away with this the entire game and we're paying for it. We're down to the wire and that's why I'm trying to change things. We simply don't have the numbers to continue these reckless plays.
Yeah, cause mafia would totally vote on their team mate when theres little chance they will be lynched otherwise.
Uh, I was the clear lynch target moments ago so I don't see how you cansay I had little chance to be lynched.

Omni got a safeclaim at the start, and the mafia wanted to put him as a sleeper agent in case every other mafia member got caught. So you sever ties in the begining, and then use him to supply doubt everywhere for the rest of the game. Which he has. THere's your reason.

Once again, even after his claim I still said I was ok with lynching him because I thought it was pretty dubious. It's why I asked Xsyven to reclaim. You really think as a mafia I would try to lynch my team member on the first day? And if you believe that there are only 3 mafia then they would have been left with 2 members for the remainder of the game.

Does not compute.

Well, you've both been inactive as hell, however as a whole, when he shows up, he actually contributes (look at the riddle vs Omis portion), whereas you have thrown suspicion around and pretended you haven't been inactive.

He's been on some people's cases. Less than the usual Frozen I'll give you, but he does contribute when he can, which lends credibility to his Johns I think. You just don't really contribute much it seems. I really don't want to sift through 27 large pages of posts to find specific examples, but he has contributed more than you.
I never once pretended that I wasn't inactive. I even addressed my inactivity when I first made my post about frozenflame. My own activity should not excuse his.

I haven't simply been tossing around suspicion.I've been pretty consistent with who I'm pressuirng. Frozen hasn't scumhunted at all. He hasn't done anything pro-town at all. I've actually had another member confirm my abscences (although for better or worse they are involved in this game). Frozen is inactive here but that doesn't seem to stop him from posting in other games. Hmm that's not supicious at all.

The reasoning that you guys are using for voting for me falls apart with every word. You're saying that I'm throwing suspicion around yet you have shown that you're ok with lynching anyone. When I first posted you thanked me for contributing but you changed your tune pretty fast.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Here we see Ronike claiming that his vote is so correct, that the people who disagree with him are also Mafia.

List me 5 reasons to lynch Chill. I'm still under the impression that you just want to push for any non-mafia lynch to win. Being against an inactive lynch does not make anybody scummy. You were inactive all of day one, and by this logic, you should have been lynched two days ago.

There is NO reason for mafia to vote on their buddy at this point. We need the entire anti scum to vote on a scum to lynch at this point, so its highly improbable we would hit anyone. And without plurality lynch at the deadline, its even less likely. So why would mafia bus when they are this close to winning? They wouldn't.

wifom is some variation of "the wine is in front of me" part of The Princess Bride. Mafia scum it if you still are confused. Omni got a safeclaim at the start, and the mafia wanted to put him as a sleeper agent in case every other mafia member got caught. So you sever ties in the begining, and then use him to supply doubt everywhere for the rest of the game. Which he has. THere's your reason.
Here you have an extremely elaborate thought process on how Chill and I are scumbuddies.

Buuut... apparently, you've been too busy to respond to any REAL gameplay. You're simply pushing for a lynch.

As for whoever asked me why I think it's a 4 man Mafia? I don't know for sure, but its extremely possible. I can't believe you all handled yourself this way on what could very well be our last chance.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Omis, if you weren't like almost 100% clear I would be on you in like 2 seconds. However, that's not really an option right now so that limits me to a couple of options: Chill and Xsyven.

However, my points on Xsyven were dumb as shown by Marshy and Xsyven and Chill's play is bothering me right now so I would rather see a Chill lynch at this point. However, I believe if I voted him he would be put at L-1 so I would like to see a name/possibly role-claim at this point from him.

Vote-Count Tom?

Ronike

Smash Ace
UBER FOS: Xsyven, Riddle, and Chill with a minor on Omis

I really feel that's our mafia team. Xsyven has been making absolutely ridiculous attempts to defend Chill; the most ridiculous of which is comparing our inactivities, and Riddle has been active since before the deadline, and Chill has not been active, so he should have known a claim wasn't coming and vote. BUt he didn't, and now we are stuck with a no lynch. So let me indulge the insanity that is xsyven:

Xsyven, 5 reasons on anybody is ridiculous. But here's what I got:
1) He's been inactive the ENTIRE game, and given no provable reason as to why. You wanna know why I was inactive for day 1? Its because I was busy writing roles for my game which I said I would get up. It was almost 8000 words for it. If you need further proof, Ill send you the word document. I had a reason. He never did.
2) As soon as suspicion started piling on him, the entire game, he popped up to defend himself.
3) He tried to defend against my accusation that he never admitted that he was inactive by pointing to how he has been day 3, when he has been under constant pressure, and showing us he acknowledged it day 3 and that he has stopped now. That still doesn't mean you didn't do it other days Chill.
4) There are now exactly 2 people either against the Chill lynch (Xsyven), or preventing the lynch (Riddle). That makes 3 people, which is the same number of people likely in the mafia.
5) He has never actually contributed to anything this entire game. Look at his most recent post. See how he says "I never denied it and I have been contributing more"? He fails to mention that that is only day 3. Before that, he never actually acknowledged he was terribly inactive, he never actually contributed, but instead just showed up every now and again to say "I'm not suspicious, but look at that guy! He's really suspicious!" and then leave.

There. 5 reasons. Not that it matters anymore.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Maybe Tom will grant the extension (doubtedly) so we can hammer.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Omis, if you weren't like almost 100% clear I would be on you in like 2 seconds. However, that's not really an option right now so that limits me to a couple of options: Chill and Xsyven.

However, my points on Xsyven were dumb as shown by Marshy and Xsyven and Chill's play is bothering me right now so I would rather see a Chill lynch at this point. However, I believe if I voted him he would be put at L-1 so I would like to see a name/possibly role-claim at this point from him.

Vote-Count Tom?
Also, this right here is major stalling/preventing voting.

When your a few hours within a deadline, and you know no one gets up til like the afternoon. Odds are you shouldn't ask for a claim thinking he'll actually do it.

Ronike

Smash Ace
That and because originally you were against chills lynch. Really it's only a real fos if xsyven or riddle don't turn up mafia

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Final Day 3 Vote Count:
Chill (5): Chaco, Mentosman, Ronike, Junglefever, Omis
Ronike (2): Xsyven, Chill
Xsyven (1): Riddle

Not voting (2): Frozenflame, Marshy

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

After debating over who could have possibly wanted Denzel Strife dead, and noting the disappearance of the Zack Fair's iconic Buster Sword, the group simply stagnated. As the evening crept upon them, they took their time deciding who to eliminate this time, before ultimately deciding that they couldn't come to a majority decision. They decided to take a short break and see how fate would have them fair.

Deadline has been reached; no one has been lynched.

Day 3 ends. Night 3 begins.
Night actions are due Tuesday, October 20th, Noon EST.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

As the group took the time to gather their thoughts, evening became night, and the city of Midgar found its second wind. Searchlights and neon signs lit the sky, coalescing into the smog and filling the sky with magnificent bodies of light. The group stirred from their rest and gathered together again, only to find more people missing.

No one would miss these two men, however. Gaia was better off without their family lineage.

In the middle of the camp, a famous warrior lay broken next to the campfire. There were signs of a struggle, yet it stood as an incredible mystery how anyone could have surprised and killed the legendary Sephiroth. His tall body was wrapped in a single, beautiful black wing that extended from his back, and his long Masamune fell inches from his outstretched hand.

On the outskirts of their camp, however, a different corpse lay awkwardly against a boulder. The group found the dead body of Professor Hojo, devious scientist with connections to Shin-Ra and without morals, run through with a sword. His wound was bloody and massive, and even the boulder behind him had been pierced and almost shattered. As much as the group may have hated him, however, he was definitely not to blame for the evil currently sapping this world of life.

Father and son, both eliminated in a single night. The group had lost another friend, and yet had also been saved from a terrible foe. With all their losses, they knew if things did not turn around soon, all may be lost.

Junglefever, Sephiroth (independent serial killer/marker) died a brutal death during the night.
Chill, Professor Hojo (vanilla townie) died a bloody death during the night.

Night 3 has ended. Day 4 begins.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for 12:00 noon EST on Saturday, October 31st.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Final Day 3 Vote Count:
Chill (5): Chaco, Mentosman, Ronike, Junglefever, Omis
Ronike (2): Xsyven, Chill
Xsyven (1): Riddle

Not voting (2): Frozenflame, Marshy
I think at this point we need to look at the people who were on the Chill bandwagon and almost got him lynched. That is my current scumlist. Junglefever is dead so that leaves us with:

1) Chaco: who also pushed hard for me, because of my connections scum-tells and because I just got off because I claimed a major character. He even continued pushing after he changed his vote, because the fact that I was scum was "obvious"

2) Mentosman Hasn't done much and that in itself is a little suspicious. He's under my scrutiny until I see more.

3) Ronike: Very vocal about Chill's lynch, and he has already been thought of as scummy as shown by the 2 votes on him, one from a confirmed townie.

4) Omis Useless and inactive. He posts stupid things and mindlessly bandwagons however Kevin's flip nearly cleared him.

FoS(in this order: Ronike, Chaco, Mentosman, Omis

I don't see why scum wouldn't have hammered Chill.

Assuming 3 maf we are in Lylo.

NOBODY VOTE WE ARE QUITE POSSIBLY IN LYLO

Chaco

Never Logs In
Riddle, no one said you still aren't. That will continue today, and if you dont get lynched I lose all hope.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Mislynch + Nightkill = 6 players left, 3 town, 3 Mafia, which means we lose.

Which death last night was by the Mafia? Did Sephiroth still get his kill in there?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
1) Chaco: who also pushed hard for me, because of my connections scum-tells and because I just got off because I claimed a major character. He even continued pushing after he changed his vote, because the fact that I was scum was "obvious"
how is it scummy? elaborate

2) Mentosman Hasn't done much and that in itself is a little suspicious. He's under my scrutiny until I see more.
is there anything specific that you're looking for?

3) Ronike: Very vocal about Chill's lynch, and he has already been thought of as scummy as shown by the 2 votes on him, one from a confirmed townie.
OK

4) Omis Useless and inactive. He posts stupid things and mindlessly bandwagons however Kevin's flip nearly cleared him.
i think omis is completely cleared

i'm considering just voting mentos instead of pussyfooting. chaco if you feel like riddle is the play give us more

jungle was killed by scum and jungle killed chill

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't know how much more I can give you. He's an extremely scummy player. Other than my vote, I got nothing else to give. I player out what I thought. I get town vibes from Ronike. I do not feel Ronike and Riddle are of the same alignment.

Vote: Riddle

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xsyven, that means it's mylo. Big difference between those two points in a game. Now, hopefully in a little bit once I am thinking a bit straighter I'll get my thoughts put up in a good post.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't know how much more I can give you. He's an extremely scummy player. Other than my vote, I got nothing else to give. I player out what I thought. I get town vibes from Ronike. I do not feel Ronike and Riddle are of the same alignment.

Vote: Riddle
Alright, so I'm gonna go ahead and FoS you for now. You voted Chill, which by the way, was ********. Ronike's reasonings were terrible, and you just hopped on board. Now you're saying Ronike, my #1 suspect, and Chill's-- who confirmed town-- isn't scummy. Which he obviously is.

On top of that, you've completely given up hope in this post, basically saying "Here's my vote, I'm done."

Thanks for the help, Chaco.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
also i think a massclaim would only help at this point and everyone getting 1 vote seems ideal

vote to claim: mentos

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, we're in mylo. On the fence about a massclaim. Need to think about this situation a little bit more.

My head is all mucked up with WIFOM bull**** at the moment. Right now I'm leaning toward Ronike as the play but yeah, need to take another look at Chaco and Ronike with regards to their discussion of Riddle. I think that relationship triad will be the cornerstone of our ticket out of mylo.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, so I'm gonna go ahead and FoS you for now. You voted Chill, which by the way, was ********. Ronike's reasonings were terrible, and you just hopped on board. Now you're saying Ronike, my #1 suspect, and Chill's-- who confirmed town-- isn't scummy. Which he obviously is.

On top of that, you've completely given up hope in this post, basically saying "Here's my vote, I'm done."

Thanks for the help, Chaco.
Have you even read my argument on Riddle? I would hope you have.

How was voting chill ********? I don't see how it was as the argument was legitimate. He was making nothing but fluff posts, and finally, finally chimed in when it was almost a lynch on him.

Also, Ronike, is not that scummy. I looked back, and was at a time going to make a case on him, but after reading again I realize he's not acting that scummy. And doesn't even scathe the surface of Riddle's scumminess.

And no, I am not. I've made my argument on him already, meaning, I have nothing else on him. As he all but stopped posting the last day. He would only chime in now and then, which was still more than Chill.

Chill lynch would've been legitimate. His defense was all WIFOM.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
frozen what has you hesitating on the massclaim? the only difference i see between doing it today and d5 is that we'll be stuck with 1 less innocent tomorrow assuming we no-lynch

Top Bottom