• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I honestly just don't see where Chill is coming from with his accusations. I have most certainly not just sat back all game and coasted along with popular opinion. I pursued both Riddle and Omis pretty heavily earlier in the game and I posted discussing their scum tells when debate about them was at its peak. I don't understand how he's getting away with misrepresenting my play like this. I may not be going out guns blazing in this game, but when I saw scumtells I certainly made my opinion about them known.

I also don't get what Chill is trying to say about me following others about Omni. Are you talking pre or post claim? In either case, I don't recall hiveminding about Omni at all, esp. post claim when the legitimacy of his claim was being debated. I've asked for examples of me doing these things but Chill has yet to provide any which makes me just think he's desperately trying to misrepresent me as the scummier inactive.

But yeah, Chills case against me is simply far too whimsical and sweeping. It seems to be hastily thrown together, though his motivations for doing so I can't quite get a read on. This has been a major focus of my attention as I look into those on the Hando wagon.

Sorry marsh, but I haven't quite put the pieces together to provide adequate analysis of the Hando lynch quite yet. Trust me, I'd like to have it all figured out to give myself some direction just as much as you wanna hear what my conclusions are, but it just isn't quite ready yet.

Riddle

Smash Lord
You can find some tutorials/information for/about mafia at mafiascum.net.

You have to sign up for mafia games in the stickied "mafia queue thread" and this game is already underway.

Back to the game - Unvote I completely forgot that Omni was vote-blocked and that changes my opinion of him pretty significantly. Xsyven's revised claim also interests me and makes him seem more townie.

Chaco

Never Logs In
*chalks down another on the mistake tally*

Can we lynch him yet?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i wanna play

but even after reading the first post

i dont get it​
if you're still interested:
Flash Tutorial
Flash Roles Tutorial
Newbie Guide
Basic Rules
Common Roles
SWF Mafia Archives

these links sum up the game much better than i can

omni if you're reading this it's almost NEVER a good idea to lie about your role. don't really get why you did that

jungle i like your lynch because you're following chaco's case. you said leaving riddle around forces us to deal with WIFOM in future days but where were you when i was pushing for an omni lynch? care to start the chill wagon? i hate being voteblocked

chaco rereading you seem to think that riddle has strong ties to omni and mentos? chill flipping scum would clear frozen and omni for me

everybody post their 2 (or more) FoS's.

Mine are Chill (Inmactivity) and Xsyven (Not being on the Hando wagon).
i don't get the reasoning for the xsyven fos?

as for the bad judgment thing i've explained why i don't like where chaco's and jungle's votes are. i like chill as scum and ronike's seriously "vote prodding" people day 3. i don't think riddle's elaborated on a xsyven lynch

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll go with Chill, if that's what town feels is the best option, plus I wanna see if my ties where indeed correct.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm, to answer your question Marshy, I believe I mentioned it earlier, but Chill is one of my other bigger FoS's, so I wouldn't mind a Chill wagon. Jungle, Marshy also raised a good point, that you commented about why you would be comfortable with a Riddle lynch but weren't on the "we should lynch Omni to avoid WIFOM" idea when you agree with it now about Riddle, pretty contradictory there.

Also, after Xsyven's comment I'm REALLY confused by Omni. It just makes things seem stranger knowing he lied about his claim. However, the fact that Xsyven admitted he lied has made me more prone to believe the new claim. If he was scum, he wouldn't have much of a choice but to roll with it, knowing that changing the claim would be dangerous. However, the fact that he admitted Omni lied about the role makes it seem more likely that he is town.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
ok if people like a chill lynch then how about someone finally starts it? deadline's in 2 days fos chill again

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't see why you don't start it, but hell, whatever

Unvote; Vote: Chill

Chaco

Never Logs In
Aye, got it.

If whoevers doing the voteblocking is town, stop.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yep Marshy was our vote-block victim. Time to move my vote over to Chill to start some pressure building(don't know why I didn't in my last post honestly>_>)

Unvote: Ronike Vote: Chill

Omis

my friends were skinny
So we are basically just killing him for being inactive? He hasnt really done anything too scummy yet. WTF Xsy. So Omni faked his claim? Why do you think he did this because I feel like I might have a decent idea why.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well Marshy, I didn't have my vote on Frozen really as a prod, but moreso as bait to see who would bite, but as you were not on my list of who it was important to bite (Buddying Chaco, Indignant Frozen, or Superior Chill), w/e. But I did get a good vibe from Frozen's last post, so yeah. Unvote: Frozen

I don't see both Chill and Frozen being the same allignment. They both seem to be playing kinda weird, but I feel Frozen is more just because life is screwing with him. Plus, when he does show up, he does contribute, just not in his usual angry way because he doesn't have the time for it. Whereas Chill is just showing up when he needs to and contributing exactly what he needs to to seem active for the moment. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm down for a chill vote.

Vote: Chill

Also, just as a note, if we are to succesfully hit a scum member today, assuming three mafia, which I think is reasonable, we need the entire town on this lynch movement, so get on this stuff guys!

3 scum
7 town - 1 voteblocked = 6

6/10 to lynch.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Also, Xsyven, are you still rereading day 1? Dude. Be done by the start of next day (and get on chill, we need your vote), or I are getting back on your case.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
It's not just inactivity Omis, it's total blanket statements and useless fluff for posts.

unvote; vote: Chill

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Guys, its extremely possible that there's a four man Mafia today. Do not rush this. Do not rush this. Do not rush this. Do not rush this.

48 hours is still a lot of time to scumhunt. Waiting for me or Chill isn't worth losing the game over. Keep talking, and let the deadline lynch the highest vote. There's absolutely no reason to rush this lynch.

FoS: Marshy, Mentos, Ronike, and Jungle.

You guys are just gonna throw these extra few days away instead of play the game? If I were caught up, I would give you guys such a hard time. :mad:

Ronike said:
Also, just as a note, if we are to succesfully hit a scum member today, assuming three mafia, which I think is reasonable, we need the entire town on this lynch movement, so get on this stuff guys!
You're so lynch happy that it's disgusting. I have a really bad feeling you're part of the four man Mafia, just waiting for the right bandwagon to hop on. But here you're just like "YEAH GUYS, IF YOU LYNCH CHILL THEN YOU LOSE! :D"

Vote: Ronike This is coming from your day 1 suspiciousness, and your overzealous day 3 "hunting."

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Okay, I just read the rules that deadlines cause a no lynch. But that doesn't mean we can't wait to hammer. My opinion still stands.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Just because I have my vote on him doesn't mean I wish to call it a day.

I would like to hear some sort of reply from Chill first.

Xsy, what do you think of Chill's play (though I guess if you aren't caught up it's sorta hard to know :/)

I think it's a pretty reasonable lynch, as I think you will discover as you continue reading thru d3.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i think chill's a good lynch. i have the exact same mindset that ronike seems to have in that i don't see him and frozen being the same alignment and they're on the top of my list depending on what the other flips

So we are basically just killing him for being inactive? He hasnt really done anything too scummy yet.
who do you want lynched?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Why would you like a jungle lynch marshy

Anyway, I would also be okay with a Chill lynch. He hasn't done anything other than vaguely point out what others have said well after they had already been said.
Really? I'm being pretty specific right now.

I honestly just don't see where Chill is coming from with his accusations. I have most certainly not just sat back all game and coasted along with popular opinion. I pursued both Riddle and Omis pretty heavily earlier in the game and I posted discussing their scum tells when debate about them was at its peak. I don't understand how he's getting away with misrepresenting my play like this. I may not be going out guns blazing in this game, but when I saw scumtells I certainly made my opinion about them known.

I also don't get what Chill is trying to say about me following others about Omni. Are you talking pre or post claim? In either case, I don't recall hiveminding about Omni at all, esp. post claim when the legitimacy of his claim was being debated. I've asked for examples of me doing these things but Chill has yet to provide any which makes me just think he's desperately trying to misrepresent me as the scummier inactive.

But yeah, Chills case against me is simply far too whimsical and sweeping. It seems to be hastily thrown together, though his motivations for doing so I can't quite get a read on. This has been a major focus of my attention as I look into those on the Hando wagon.

Sorry marsh, but I haven't quite put the pieces together to provide adequate analysis of the Hando lynch quite yet. Trust me, I'd like to have it all figured out to give myself some direction just as much as you wanna hear what my conclusions are, but it just isn't quite ready yet.
If you don't recall any of this maybe you should try reading the thread again.

You're still playing in much in the same way. You're not doing anything for the town right now. Where are those connectons that you promised us? I'm still waiting.

Not only that but you're not playing like you usually do which makes me think you must be hiding something. A shift in playstyle is telling. I know that we're not supposed to reference currently active game so I don't know how much exactly I can say about this (and it's password protected anyways) but this proved to be incredibly true in a recent came.

-----
If you guys lynch me today we're going to lose this game. It's as simple as that. We haven't had a correct lynch yet. Do you guys really think that if I was mafia I would go after frozenflame of all people? I don't think he's had a single person say anything about him yet. If I was mafia I could simply bandwagon on any other town member because that's all that's been happening these last few days. Assuming that someone like Riddle is town, I would just vote him since he always has someone looking at him.

I'm trying to show you that "bandwagon X" and then "bandwagon X" is not getting us anywhere! Where are all these supposed connections that we've been told we'd find day after day? Why aren't we holding people accountable for the things they say?

If we keep doing stuff like this...

I'll go with Chill, if that's what town feels is the best option, plus I wanna see if my ties where indeed correct.
We will lose. Chaco, you just said that you don't find me suspicous but know you'll lynch me if the town thinks it's best? WTF? These mindless bandwagons are getting us nowhere and these "ties" and "connections" have so far not even been revealed or have been completely untrue.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If it's the will of the town, and it's what it takes to get a lynch across it's what needs to be done. I don't see the Riddle wagon taking off, even though it's staggeringly obvious that he's scum.

If you guys lynch me today we're going to lose this game. It's as simple as that. We haven't had a correct lynch yet. Do you guys really think that if I was mafia I would go after frozenflame of all people? I don't think he's had a single person say anything about him yet. If I was mafia I could simply bandwagon on any other town member because that's all that's been happening these last few days. Assuming that someone like Riddle is town, I would just vote him since he always has someone looking at him.
Hello, Wifom.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Other stuff to respond to.

Back to the game - Unvote I completely forgot that Omni was vote-blocked and that changes my opinion of him pretty significantly. Xsyven's revised claim also interests me and makes him seem more townie.
Mafia can block themselves. I did this as mafia in lost mafia to make myself look town, save myself from dying and give myself a excuse not to go on explorations.

I don't see both Chill and Frozen being the same allignment. They both seem to be playing kinda weird, but I feel Frozen is more just because life is screwing with him. Plus, when he does show up, he does contribute, just not in his usual angry way because he doesn't have the time for it. Whereas Chill is just showing up when he needs to and contributing exactly what he needs to to seem active for the moment. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm down for a chill vote.

Vote: Chill
Uh, what? You think that because frozen isn't here and that he isn't playing his usual way it's because of life? But even though Xsyven already told you I was inactive everywhere it's because I'm must be mafia? Nevermind that despite my poor activity I am still more active than frozenflame.

Can you tell me what exactly he has done to contribute?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
is 905 the only case on riddle?

do people like the idea of lynching frozen because of the ridiculous stalling? i'd be okay with it

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If it's the will of the town, and it's what it takes to get a lynch across it's what needs to be done. I don't see the Riddle wagon taking off, even though it's staggeringly obvious that he's scum.

Hello, Wifom.
Really? Instead of sticking your vote on someone who in your own words "obviously scum" you would rather vote for someone who isn't suspicous to you because it's the "will of the town"? Do you like winning? Because that herd mentality is what's losing us this game.

Also, I'm not familar with the term "Wifom" but I'm not saying "don't vote for me because I'm awesome", I'm saying it strictly from a numbers viewpoint. We cannot afford to mislynch because we've already lost so many town members.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Marshy name your lynch pool. As in, who you'd be okay with lynching. Cause I know you have it. I want a list because you've said okay to 3 people so far. Chill, Frozen, and Jungle.

Also, no one else has offered on Riddle, mainly took what I presented.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If the lynch isn't going to go across, it takes the whole town to force that lynch. Because scum aren't going to back a lynch on their partner unless they have to. Especially in this situation where majority doesn't kill. It's a bad situation for town.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Don't have time to respond to everything, but here's spmethings at least:

xsyven: deadline is tomorrow. We are "rushing" because everyone was inactive and now we don't have time to take our time. And you really think mafiahas four people AND the potential to day kill? No. So still don't wanna vote?

Marshy: I really think chill should be the play, especiAlly since even more connections have come up due to the lynch movement

@voteblocker: if you are town, seriously don't vote block tonite. It hurts us way more than it helps us. If we don't hit scum today, we lose if you block town because we will not have enough votes to lynch scum.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Well at the moment they are more town than scum or else we would have already lost. People just need to start thinking about their votes and doing something because someone else starts a bandwagon is counterproductive.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Don't have time to respond to everything, but here's spmethings at least:

xsyven: deadline is tomorrow. We are "rushing" because everyone was inactive and now we don't have time to take our time. And you really think mafiahas four people AND the potential to day kill? No. So still don't wanna vote?

Marshy: I really think chill should be the play, especiAlly since even more connections have come up due to the lynch movement

@voteblocker: if you are town, seriously don't vote block tonite. It hurts us way more than it helps us. If we don't hit scum today, we lose if you block town because we will not have enough votes to lynch scum.
Given that everyone is becoming more active I don't think Tom would mind extending the deadline.

Deadline extension request.

That'll give you plenty of time to answer the question I asked you and the ones I'm about to ask now.

What helpful connections do you expect to gain from my lynch given that if we mislynch we likely have only one day left in the game?

Why haven't these supposed "connections" from previous lynches led us to a mafia member yet?

Do you ever consider that perfoming the same action and expecting a different result is madness? Bandwagoning people hasn't done anything for us the last few days. Why is it going to be different today?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Deadline extension Request

Handorin only gave connections if he was mafia, though he did clear Rockin in my mind, but then he died.

Gheb just had to die. He didn't give any conections really.

You connect with Xsyven if you are mafia, and a few others when I look back IIRC, and Frozen is scum if you are town.

Yes I have considered that. Unfortunately, seeing as how we haven't lynched someone that would give connections, I don't think I'm crazy yet. Its going to be different because you provide connections regardless of your filp. Plus, you are scum, so that helps too.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Saying that someone is mafia doesn't make it so. Omni says that all the time and I think it's supposed to get a rise out of me or something.

Ronike, you missed one. What has frozen done that's helped the town? Why would I connect with Xsyven? I'm the one who pressured Omin(now Xsyven) and also stated that I found his roleclaim dubious. While Xsyven is playing much more sane than Omni this still holds.

So what you're saying is that I (as mafia) pressured my fellow mafia member to the point of nearly being lynched and had him role claim. Then after he made a "safe claim" in Aerith I still said that I didn't really believe his claim. :/

Are you even aware of what's been taking place?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Deadline extension request. (Although I doubt he'll extend it, since we're in this mess due to inactivity)

Chill, all of that is pretty much WIFOM.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
wouldn't expect an extension either. deadline's tomorrow at noon. 2 votes needed. no to no-lynch

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
switch to frozen since xsyven and omis don't seem to be down for a chill lynch? goes for ronike and jungle too

Top Bottom