• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sincee Im going to be gone til Sunday, should I claim now? (Ill be on for another hour, after that I won't be available til Sunday)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
What's in a name? It's a huge *** universe, and we have so far Yuffie a thief, Don Corneo a perv, and Cait Sith-- the most useless character ever. Big names, little substance.

Am I the only one who wants to fullclaim?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ok. let's fullclaim in same order. also how about lynching today? more town-aligned players for scum to sway the wrong way and scum knows who town trusts at this point anyway

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, since I started the names I'll start the fullclaiming: I'm a vanilla townie.

Also I agree with marshy we should lynch today, waiting until tomorrow likely won't help, and we don't know what if any special abilities scum have.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yay for getting home late. <.<

Anyways, this seems like far too many Vanilla Townies for one game.

I'm a sidekick. If you don't know what that is, essentially it's a role where I target someone and every action that was used on them, is used on me instead.

Chaco

Never Logs In
As of this point, there are 2 claimed, and 4 already known Vanilla Townies in a 15 player game. Seems off.

Chaco

Never Logs In
N1: I targeted Frozenflame. I figured his reputation would proceed him, and he'd be targeted N1. My role would've acted as a bodyguard here.
N2: I targeted no one. I thought it the best thing to do at the time.
N3: I targeted Ronike, as I said, he is very townie to me now.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
'Nilla townie here.

Though having this many alleged vanilla townies seems off, I think Tom may have designed the game that way to specifically prevent a full claim from leading town to an easy endgame. If you have too many PRs in a game, mass full claim leans heavily in town favor. Seems like Tom picked up on that. =/

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
“Huh? Hey… HEY! Wait! I haven't even told you my name... I'm Yuffie! Good to meetcha! (to herself) Heh heh... just as I planned. Now all I have to do is... a little this... and a little that... nyuk, nyuk, nyuk... (to Cloud) Hey, wait up! Wait for me!

25th Vote Count:

Not voting (8): Omis, Frozenflame, Marshy, Mentos, Xsyven, Ronike, Riddle, Chaco

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for 12:00 noon EST on Saturday, October 31st. (Approx. 1 week)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay, stop the claims. I'm not buying this ****.

@Ronike, Marshy, Frozen, and Mentos:

You mean to tell me that 8 of 15 players, and potentially more are vanilla townies? That's the biggest bunch of bull**** ever, and would put town at an incredible deficit.

@Riddle: Makes sense, I've been paying attention to flavor now. And now understand your claim.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not really sure why you think 8 of 15 players being 'nilla is gamebreakingly pro-maf. SWF typically has a a disproportionately large amount of power roles in its games mostly as a result of how much we all love our flavour in our games here.

Most games have only a few power roles. Tom seems to have taken this more traditional approach.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Anymore Vanilla townies? If so skip the order and claim, please.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Unaccounted for Voteblocker.
Derp, probably Mafia.

Anyway, here we have our full cast, minus Omis. If he claimed earlier, I missed it, and someone needs to fill me in. If he hasn't, he needs to get on that. These are my opinions of who's suspicious, and who isn't-- basically, the dead people, Riddle, and myself.

Unclaimed Punk
Omis (Unclaimed) - Get on it.

Claimed Power Roles
Riddle (town vigilante) - I'm believing Riddle simply due to no counter claim of the main character of the series. Town.

Chaco (town sidekick) - Undecided.
Xsyven (town doctor) - Oh hi, me. Town.
McFox (town cop) Oh hi, McFox. You're dead, and proven town.
KevinM (town masoned roleblocker) Same with you, KevinM.

Vanilla "Town"
Frozenflame (vanilla townie)
Marshy (vanilla townie)
Mentos (vanilla townie)
Ronike (vanilla townie)

Gheb (vanilla townie)
Handorin (vanilla townie)
Rockin (vanilla townie)
Chill (vanilla townie
)

Our only confirmed, dead, Non-Town
Junglefever (independent serial killer/marker)

To be honest, I think its cute that the entire ****ing Mafia decided to claim Vanilla. I mean, seriously, could you guys play it more safe?

I've formed my opinion, but I want to wait for Omis to claim first.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
fos riddle for catastrophically dumb failure to kill someone holy cow

also who do you guys want to lynch?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
A deadline has been set for 12:00 noon EST on Saturday, October 31st. (Approx. 1 week)
can we NOT squander the time so much and have xsyven come in here with "2 days is plenty of time to make a decision!" again? more talk about who we lynch since omis' role/name/alignment is obvious

Ronike

Smash Ace
So here's our conundrum: its mylo, therefore no matter how we do it, if we hit wrong, we are going to lose. Through our massclaim, we have gained very little immediately useful information, that is to say nothing we can immediately pin a mafia with. Sure, we can suspect people, especially due to the amount of vanillas we got, but thats not the end all be all here methinks:

A) Riddle, you haven't killed anyone? Really? I'm not quite buying it. That's why I'd like to propose this: what if instead of a lynch we have Riddle kill someone of our choosing tonight? This could prove his identity
B) Chaco, your role sounds suspiciously like a mafia busser to me...
C) Xsyven, it strikes me in a bad way that not only did you auto town yourself, but you also put your name in green for confirmed townie when it is in no way confirmed. Just seems odd.

Now I'm not saying that our 3 power roles are our three remaining mafia, but thinking the opposite could very well likely bring us to a loss.

At any rate, the problem with lynching/proposition A is that if we miss, we likely lose. However, no lynching simply brings us to tomorrow in a lylo position, which is worse. In addition, I can't see what extra information getting another night kill will bring. So I propose we gamble and go ahead with a lynch.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ronike, not to point out the obvious, but if I was mafia I would've used a safe claim instead of using my natural role.

I actually kinda agree with Ronike here, having a no lynch today and have Riddle vig. It will prove his identity and use that as our lynch instead of compounded with a vig shot. As if both were misses, the game would be over.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ronike, not to point out the obvious, but if I was mafia I would've used a safe claim instead of using my natural role.
grgrhghahghrhrghrhghg

Yes, because you totally would choose a safe claim that you have no way of proving if called upon to prove instead of a role you could easily prove...

Ok, people. The massclaim didn't really help us much in terms of allignments, but I think it should have clarified which targets people should be using their abilities on. Seriously. Anyone with an ability, think about what you would do if you were mafia and just have to hit one person to win and make your action accordingly! What I'm trying to say is THINK PEOPLE!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
A) Riddle, you haven't killed anyone? Really? I'm not quite buying it. That's why I'd like to propose this: what if instead of a lynch we have Riddle kill someone of our choosing tonight? This could prove his identity
I'm okay with this.

B) Chaco, your role sounds suspiciously like a mafia busser to me...
Chaco's role stuck out to me a little bit too-- but nothing too much. Vanilla is much more suspicious to me.

C) Xsyven, it strikes me in a bad way that not only did you auto town yourself, but you also put your name in green for confirmed townie when it is in no way confirmed. Just seems odd.
I actually said "These are my opinions of who's suspicious, and who isn't".

Now I'm not saying that our 3 power roles are our three remaining mafia, but thinking the opposite could very well likely bring us to a loss.

At any rate, the problem with lynching/proposition A is that if we miss, we likely lose. However, no lynching simply brings us to tomorrow in a lylo position, which is worse. In addition, I can't see what extra information getting another night kill will bring. So I propose we gamble and go ahead with a lynch.
Lynch or town decided vig kill, I'm fine with.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Er... I accidentally left some of Ronike's quote in my last post. The "Now I'm not saying..." line.

Top Bottom