• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

UncleSam

Smash Master
lol@M2K

anyway, MK is way too fast to be hit be grenades and has DC.
Mike creates soundwaves, and you're comparing the guitar gazump as just a bigger version so it really wouldn't do anything to MK since he has no ears.
Meta Knight can also heal himself
kirby wiki said:
Meta Quick: Speeds up Meta Knight and his Helper.
Heal: Fully heals Meta Knight and his Helper with the use of black magic.
Summon Knight: Summons a Sword Knight or Blade Knight. Acts as a Helper. It should be noted that Sword Knight can use an upwards thrust, but Blade Knight cannot.
Mach Tornado: Functions similarly to Crash but does slightly more damage.
looks like he can also summon additional knights to fight with him. The Mach Tornado destroys everything on screen (just like the guitar, but it's legit).
He also has the ridiculously powerful sword beam which can cut people in two

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mike still hurts MetaKnight though, even if he has no ears.

Yeah those abilities sound pretty good, maybe it could place him above Kirby? But both Kirby and MetaKnight are like 8 inches big, doubt they can take hits as well as other characters.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to get a little scientific to beat diddy.
Diddy Kong did you ever realize that sound bounces off of metal very well to create an echo?
Meta Knight has a metal mask.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes... But this isn't the Deadliest Brawler. ^^ Game mechanics in Kirby let MetaKnight get damaged by sound based attacks, so being true to DK64 and Kirby... MetaKnight will get damage from the guitar.

Up close MetaKnight would likely win, but Diddy can get invincible by bananas, and then attack him with a cartwheel, roll attack or shoot him with peanuts or bombs.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yes... But this isn't the Deadliest Brawler. ^^ Game mechanics in Kirby let MetaKnight get damaged by sound based attacks, so being true to DK64 and Kirby... MetaKnight will get damage from the guitar.
awww man w/e.

Up close MetaKnight would likely win, but Diddy can get invincible by bananas, and then attack him with a cartwheel, roll attack or shoot him with peanuts or bombs.
how long does invincibility last?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That Guitar Guzump attack would also have a wider range, since the object producing it is larger.

Also, just because you don't see ears, doesn't mean Meta Knight doesn't have ears. Frogs, birds, whales, sharks, all show no visible ears, but they have them. Meta Knight's mask also only covers his face, not his entire body.

UncleSam

Smash Master
That Guitar Guzump attack would also have a wider range, since the object producing it is larger.

Also, just because you don't see ears, doesn't mean Meta Knight doesn't have ears. Frogs, birds, whales, sharks, all show no visible ears, but they have them. Meta Knight's mask also only covers his face, not his entire body.
I know, I was hoping nobody would get that.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Yune's a goddess? Yune is sentient, is she not? She willfully gave him her power, she willfully backs him up. She's alive, she can speak, she has a brain, she has a conscious, blah blah blah.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Yune

Yune is the Goddess of Chaos and one half of Ashunera, the other being Ashera.

“We have to put an end to this... Take all the power I have...”
— Yune to Ike (while in Micaiah's body) in the final battle against Ashera.
Does Metaknight pilot his halbert on his own?

Does Diddy have any way to destroy it?

Samochan

Smash Master
Diddy, where in the world would Diddy Kong collect any bananas from a random area? >_> They're just like coins for Mario, he doesn't initially carry those around in his pockets unlike he does with his items, but he always needs to collect them. But in any case, such around 30 second invincibility would be fairly easy to outstall for Meta, with his speed boost from Meta Quick move, teleport and natural agility and small stature which makes it hard to hit him and he can heal if he takes any damage.

The Peanut gun didn't really seem overly fast when I watched some DK64 vids. And com'on, it shoots peanuts that drops enemies? >_> If Meta can slice and dice even people in two, he should be able to slice/teleport before he gets hit himself. The fruit bombs are more troublesome... but this is where Meta's small stature is veeery advantageous. The fruit bombs only explode when they come in contact with the enemy, otherwise they just bounce around. So unless Diddy can score a direct hit with meta (which is night imposible, considering how small and how agile he is + teleport too), fruit bombs are fairly useless against Meta. =)

Cartwheel up close is kinda dangerous as it's quick, but I doubt it would ohko Meta and if he gets damage, he could get into safe distance and heal himself. Also, this is the galaxy's strongest warrior we're talking about here. Meta had specifically asked to fight the strongest warrior in galaxy, Galacta Knight, and then defeated this person, so he took the mantle from him. Up close, meta's very dangerous opponent.

Diddy's guitar is problematic... but if he spams it it'll lose energy. The stronger version cannot ohko that one boss where it is needed to be used and Meta can withstand Kirby's Mike ability without getting KO'ed outright (though that's most likely boss clause). I do believe Meta's way stronger than random enemy Kremlings that walk around on DK64 though, being the Galaxy's strongest warrior he is. He also has a lot more health and durability than they do. =) Plus, distance always affects how strong the sound waves would be, so if Meta gets the hell away via teleport or something, or distrupts Diddy's setup if he's trying to use his Guitar, he should be fine.

* Meta Quick: Speeds up Meta Knight and his Helper.
* Heal: Fully heals Meta Knight and his Helper with the use of black magic.
* Summon Knight: Summons a Sword Knight or Blade Knight. Acts as a Helper. It should be noted that Sword Knight can use an upwards thrust, but Blade Knight cannot.
* Mach Tornado: Functions similarly to Crash but does slightly more damage.

Basically Meta quick makes Meta even quicker than he originally is, which would be veery quick. And Mach tornado would be broken, because Crash is one of Kirby's strongest moves which burns down every enemy on screen and deals plenty of damage, but Mach tornado deals slightly more lol. I doubt a Chimp would have much durability against attacks such as Mach Tornado. Diddy gets touched by random enemies, be it bees or whatever bipedal crocodiles and he already loses 1/8 of his health. <_> Meta can also otherwise create smaller tornadoes and has beam rays (elemental as well) to be used from afar, Diddy's gonna have rough time ever trying to set up a stage for his Guitar performance lol.

Halberd is one thing which would be instawin for Meta though, because Diddy would have hard time navigating on top of Halberd, if he ever somehow managed to get that high and without getting pwned by Combo Cannon. Halberd is open air and is buffeted by winds and according to "Revenge of the Metaknight", it also lacks floor on many occasions where Kirby would have to float trough large tracts. Diddy's barrel jetpack doesn't have infinite supply of crystals (from what I saw in the vid) and there's no where he'd get more those.

What's the max number of crystals and fruit bombs diddy can carry anyway?

If Diddy wants to take down Halberd, he needs break it's wings and destroy the reactor, which has auto-defence system. It has cannon that fires at you, can create a pillar of fire from the floor and it can also fire lasers. Though the reactor can be tricked to fire lasers at itself, this is the only way Kirby can even damage the Reactor. It's impervious to all his attacks. But...

Metaknights Mach tornado is so broken it takes almost half out of Reactor's health in one go. =) (Kirby SuperStar Ultra, Meta Knightmare Ultra subgame)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If Metaknight's allowed his Halbert, then Diddy can't do anything about it.

Metaknight would win.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
So.. that settles it. Diddy doesn't have any reliable way to harm Metaknight when he's in his Halbert.

New match-up soon.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
VS.

Current Match-Up:

THE MYSTIC CHILD Vs. THE SPACE FALCON

Lucas Vs. Falco

Vs.

Round 1, Match 13.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +2:

Wins +1:
, , ,

Neutral:

Loss -1:
, , ,

The real little comet

Smash Cadet
you think Lucas's PSI can take out Falco's Arwing?
You see, this was my first thought.
But when you think about it, the boy has fought tougher odds than just one Arwing.
Maybe not alone, but still.

Then again, Falco is one of Star Fox's best pilots...
To the point where it's possible that he could leave the team to make his own with Dash and Kat, with him as leader!
He could easily manuever out of the majority of things Lucas can dish out.

And now... I take my leave.
I seriously don't think I belong here. :x
-Poof-

UncleSam

Smash Master
Question: does the PSI shield deflect Cannon shots from Falco's arwing? what about lock-on shots?
and this is just weaponry, none of Lucas's ground approaches can hit Falco in his arwing.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Falco's always been a faster character, and a faster pilot than anyone else in all the StarFox games he was in.

Samochan

Smash Master
What about smart bombs, can Lucas possibly deflect those as they're more like concussive blasts than simple energy?

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Arwing

Bout arwings and all, max speed in atmosphere 4,2 machs is kinda uh, fast lol. So if Lucas were to like, deflect those shots, Falco would be long gone from that spot where they'd be deflected to (assuming the direction doesn't change). Barrel roll should also deflect laser shots on it's own no?

Just how much firepower can Lucas deflect anyway? Arwings can have upgraded laser such as Dual laser and Hyper laser.

In any case, if Lucas cannot take down Falco on his own, Falco is in definite advantage here then. We could use some more information about Lucas though before making assumptions.

Edit: http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/Lucas

Now to make sense of all those attacks <.<

Well okay, Lucas has PK love and some other attacks... but the thing is, Lucas to my information, could only attack an enemy on screen, thus making him short ranged. If falco keeps away, Lucas cannot hit him.

Also, his shields and counters... normal shield and counter halve the damage from physical based attacks and counter reflects those. But PSI shields and counter only work on PSI based attacks, thus any Falco's lasers would obliterate Lucas without him being able to do **** about it.

"It protects a single conscious character, or all characters, from enemy PSI-based attacks, and even returns some of the blocked damage to the attacker, depending on the power level."

"PSI (Psionics) or PK (Psychokinesis) refers to the fictional psychic powers"

So basically, Lucas is so screwed. =)

Unless there's some real fancy broken hocus pocus to PK Love I missed/cannot understand. <_<;

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Does anyone else have anything to add for Lucas? :/

Thus far, it seems Lucas can't do **** against Falco, when Falco on the other hand can just blow him to smithereens.
Funny how match-ups exploit a character's strength or weakness much, much more.

Samochan

Smash Master
Funny how match-ups exploit a character's strength or weakness much, much more.
Tru dat. Like, fox lost his match but falco seems to be winning this, even though their gear and abilities are almost identical cept for some adjustments on arwings and flying skills. =)

But I do think as we progress with more matchups, the tier listing should become a lot clearer. Some are no brainer like Ganondorf (so hax) and Samus for example.

Lucas has lots of firepower... but abysmal defence against non-physical attacks cause it's only limited against psionic and psychokinetic attacks (which would coincidentally make him a mewtwo & Ness counter lol) and anyone with decent attack power with ranged attacks should be able to take him out. Though how much range is up to debate, I think we can agree none of Lucas' attack could touch Falco's arwing which flies at max mach 4.2. =)

Top Bottom